BT: Ready, Aim, Fire 2! (Beta) Team Camus Wins!

For completed/abandoned Mish Mash Games.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #10 (isolation #0) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:03 am

Post by PokerFace »

/confirm I am in

Weapon: A Noose
(String him up!)
Vote: Discussion in this thread only

(I think I liked Kinetic fooling me last game. Because he fooled me I unknowing furthered his ploy fooling/messing with edion0. Also I think doing this outside will cut down on inside thread WIFOM and conspiracy. And we are suppose to be blind.)

@Andy
will there be a possible SK? One man on no one's team but his own? I will vote for that.

Andy is cool because he left his air conditioner on high
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #13 (isolation #1) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:05 am

Post by PokerFace »

cool simule post

edit - And again!!!
Last edited by PokerFace on Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.
When I joined this site, I was a software tester for mobile business applications and the song PokerFace was not yet written by Lady Gaga
Now I test lottery and gambling software as my job. It's funny how my life has turned out. Somewhere a Time Traveler is laughing madly
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #15 (isolation #2) » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

Miller/Role Cop actually

OMGUS

Vote: Battle Mage

Oh wait you are a jester

Unvote
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #29 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 29, 2007 4:36 am

Post by PokerFace »

If teams are uneven include an sk if not then it might not be needed. Could have a vote if one is needed in even teams scenario.

Typically I don't think the sk really needs an extra advantage, but if one is necessary you could give them the following

In the unlikly event the sk and everyone else dies in the same round SK wins. Also if everyone dies in a round, and the SK died in a previous round, you could resurrect the SK and all those that died in last round. So basically the SK has two rare options that gives them another life or a win.

The second life ain't too much of an advantage when you consider the fact that we now know who they are since they are back alive. But that also adds WIFOM cause since we know him, and he knows we know, who will get shot?

Those two skills would be the only ones I think I would consider otherwise you risk giving them too much power. One ability I would NOT give the SK is knowledge of who is on which team. We are suppose to be blind afterall.

In general the SK's first pm should be: "You are SK" and nothing more
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #34 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 3:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Did some more thinking

Should one more come to produce inequality/SK the earlier abilities I mentioned should work well.
In the unlikly event the sk and everyone else dies in the same round SK wins. Also if everyone dies in a round, and the SK died in a previous round, you could resurrect the SK and all those that died in last round. So basically the SK has two rare options that gives them another life or a win.
Second life adds wifom, and all die win is another good advantage. The fact that we are blind to him should be manipulatable easily depending on how well the SK plays.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #36 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 4:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

I don't like the shoot twice thing.

Lets say player A shoots himself

SK shoots player A and shoots himself with second shot.

What happens?

On side note I guess informing them who is on which team may be better. It adds the mafia element of informed minority. As long as others don't see that as giving SK too much power we 'could' do that.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #40 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:13 am

Post by PokerFace »

giving them half the list sounds like a good idea to me.

And where did you get those names from. I can't make a descent joke with them. They are terrible
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #46 (isolation #7) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:19 am

Post by PokerFace »

Andycyca wrote:All PMs sent
QFT

All I got was my team name. Not sure If I should post it so quickly. Might do that later.

PM or whatever me to find out what it is. I 'might' tell you.

PS: I only had 2 required classes on philosophy in college so those names did slip my mind. still I can't think of a funny joke with either of them.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Wed Oct 31, 2007 8:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Battle Mage wrote:did anyone get just the name of a player on their team, and not their team name?
You seem to suggest that you got a team name aswell. Did you?

I will consider posting mine if you and bird1111 post yours.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #71 (isolation #9) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 6:10 am

Post by PokerFace »

I have gotten some pms about my team name. they are allowing me to gauge who might and who might not shoot me.

Since it appears i am not going to get any more I will post my team name and see how many new pms I get.

PokerFace is a member of team 'Camus'
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #77 (isolation #10) » Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:34 am

Post by PokerFace »

Allow me to present you all with a chance.

I have spoken with 5 others. Me and three of those 5 have deduced we are all on the same team.

One of the other 2 had no good info to present . His alignment is yet to be determined. He is unable to determine our alignment in return.

One of those I spoke with, I know is not on my team. He may act as he sees fit for he knows only me and not the names of my associates.

Me and my three friends are compiling a list of who is on which side. Sending me what you know will give you one of two things. If I reply with our current list then you are on our side. If I don't then I am obviously not on your team. Either way you learn if I am on your side or not. Consider it a gamble and a trade. You could learn alot or very little.

@ andy please extend the deadline to monday my ISP is uncertain and we have more things to discuss
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #83 (isolation #11) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 3:56 am

Post by PokerFace »

Brutal Assassin wrote:Pretty much.

Got no clue what team I'm on tho.
vote: brutal assassin

!Lynch all LiARS!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #87 (isolation #12) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:40 am

Post by PokerFace »

Fortunetly BA, I have already figured out for the most part who is on which team. If what I have calculated is correct based on who i believe would lie, who I lied to, who i didn't lie too, and who wouldn't lie to me; I got roughly a 8/10 (4/5) chance of killing someone on the enemy team. Your services won't be needed this round BA
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #91 (isolation #13) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:50 am

Post by PokerFace »

Well if I did my math and reasoning right I know 6 people that are team mates of mine. So I know 7 of 8 people who are on Camus. And I know 4 of 8 that are on Satre. The remaining people's alignment canot be determined. I know 4 enemies and the others have a 4/5 chance of being my enemy. Since I really doubt this can be narrowed further I will send my action now.

I will send my associates the list too so if I am killed this round or am wrong I can still cause havoc from the grave. Being wrong more then once can be helpful if you think about it. (Guy 1 I am wrong on and Guy two I am wrong on kill eachother). There are times when more can be gleaned from lying then from the truth.

Brutal you may or may not be the last one, number 8 on my team. Either way you aren't my target.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #100 (isolation #14) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:38 am

Post by PokerFace »

Battle Mage wrote:
JDodge wrote:
Battle Mage wrote:
Claim: Team Camus

that is all.
[02:10:13 PM] bmthe12th: on 3, say ur team name.
[02:10:16 PM] jdodge1019: k
[02:10:21 PM] bmthe12th: 1
[02:10:30 PM] bmthe12th: 2
[02:10:34 PM] bmthe12th: 3
[02:10:35 PM] jdodge1019: (censored)
[02:10:36 PM] bmthe12th:
Team Sartre

liar
rofl. Have i been a naughty boy? :roll:
Yes you have, because this all seems very familar to a conversation we had on aim before I posted my team name.

(I, pokerface, am nojkoor1584)

[11:40:43 PM] bmthe12th: Start the count then.
[11:40:45 PM] Noj Koor1584: 1
[11:40:46 PM] Noj Koor1584: 2
[11:40:47 PM] Noj Koor1584: 3
[11:40:48 PM] Noj Koor1584: camus
[11:40:48 PM] bmthe12th: Team Sartre

Can i get a "lynch all liars"?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #102 (isolation #15) » Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Also, since when did Sir T have so many alts?
Huh? What does Sir Tornado have to do with anything? He is not even in this game.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #105 (isolation #16) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 2:23 am

Post by PokerFace »

Battle Mage wrote:
PokerFace wrote:
Also, since when did Sir T have so many alts?
Huh? What does Sir Tornado have to do with anything? He is not even in this game.
you'd know what i mean if you were there. ;)

Jordan-spread the word!
Ok, I'm just going to smile and nod and move on
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #114 (isolation #17) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:01 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ok a few things.

@ Andy
1. My weapon is a
N
oose as in a piece of rope to hang myself. Please fix that.

2. Only one satre is left.

3. So far my diabolic plan has worked but not well enough. All those I contacted last round and sent the list to are dead. BUT The list I made was 90% correct.

Here is a copy of the pm list I sent my 'associates' Sammich, oEJo, and jdodge.

Hello members of group Y (I will explain what the Y means shortly)

Camus-8 people
Me
Jdodge 80%
Sammich 80%
oEJo 80%
Associate A
Associate B
Associate X
I don't know who our final team member is

Satre-8 people
Brutal Assassin 70%
Crub 80%
Bird1111 80%
Battle Mage 100%

Obviously your first questiuon is who are A, B, and X

X is someone I knew before either of us came to mafiaScum. He has a copy of the entire list and knows who is on it.

A and B are just like you. They know eachother and me. They don't know you. They are members of group Z like how you are part of group Y.

A, B, and X are no where on the earlier list. Others not on that list I have had no contact with so I don't know their alignment.

I have not given all people all info as an insurance policy. Should I die round one via an A or B betrayal I will leave a bread crumb on the forum in my "bah! go Camus" post.

You can kill someone listed in Satre or someone not on the list at all. If you kill A, B, or X, I will not held against you. If you kill me it will be held against you.

I have deduced Brutal assasin is not with us for two reasons. One I am certain Battle Mage is not with us. Jdodge and Associate B each agree with me on this. Battle Mage told me he would kill Brutal. Battle Mage is not on my team so there is large chance BM is lying of his target. And the obvious reason he would want brutal alive, is if Brutal is on his team. There is still a chance brutal is our final team member, but it can not be gauranteed and seems unlikly.

If you have any questions pm me.
I had a feeling one of the three I sent the list to would betray me so I shot myself. I also lied quite hugely for you see A, B, and X don't exist. There is no list Z. Of the three samich was the most brief when i spoke with him. Since he did little to contribute to the list I figured he was the one. To bad I had to lie a little to dodge and oEJo. But when it gets down to it I was only wrong about sammich so overall it is a net win. I wonder if Sammich sent this list to anyone? I also wonder why he shot BM of all people. Oh well its 1 on 4 so its a net win

hmm. I know nothing of the alignment of most of those that remain. BM's alignment is puzzling since he obviously lied at least once but when he lied I don't know.

Any ideas on who the last one is guys?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #116 (isolation #18) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 1:30 pm

Post by PokerFace »

@Andy thanks for making pm quoting ok. Also when and will more info be sent to those remaining?

One more thing. I deduced Crub and Bird1111 were on the enemy by doing the following. I pmed them and asked them what names they got. They harshly refused to tell me.

bird1111 wrote:
I do know it, but I see no reason to tell you it.

Crub wrote:
No, and yes Brutal PM'd everyone..

The fact you did not tell me, and responded in a fairly harsh manner as apposed to a polite manor told me you had something to hide and did not trust me and were morelikly the enemy. Like I said before. If I tell you nothing you are my enemy. Aparently that method works just as well backwards.

Though there were two others I contacted that I didn't put on the list because their alignment was a mystery to me. Klebian and opposed force.

klebian wrote:
Meh. I won't answer right now.

Oposed Force wrote:
I would like to keep it confidential for the sake of the team until I can confirm things. I'll contact you once I have enough info.

If anyone sees a bread crumb in what oposed says let me know for I see nothing. OF most likly got a teamate name in his PM since his previous message was contacting a person. Either that or he was refering to Brutal Assassin. And as far as what klebian said that is obviously not enough for me to guess what side you're on. The fact you say right now means that it may come later after the rounds info has been stated.

Any one with thoughts or insight? I've laid all my cards on the table does anyone have the joker?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #118 (isolation #19) » Mon Nov 05, 2007 4:43 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Ok here is what I think on who is the lone man.

Ckillor 20% chance
Brutal got no info round one and ckillor is only other to state no info. Logically at least one would be on each team

Klebian ?? Not enough info to possibly decipher. He targeted oEJo. Not sure if that gaurantees anything.

Battle Mage 40% He lied either on the forum or on Aim to me and dodge.

Shanba 40% He felt the need to use wifom on me earlier. He suggested that I gave too much away

I am leaning towards Shanba or Battle Mage
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #122 (isolation #20) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 1:09 am

Post by PokerFace »

ckillor wrote:im pretty sure im not a lone man since someone other than BA pm'ed me. he had PM'ed everyone right?
Yes Brutal PMed everyone.

It makes sence he would shoot himself since he annoyed alot of people in an effort to get them to shoot him. The only difference between his plan and mine was mine involved posting my team name. That way people who recieved the other team name would know I was ok to shoot. No worry of friendly fire. Brutal's plan also offered a promise of info later which meant if you left him alone and alive he could help you thus keeping him alive to use him sounded like an awesome idea. That's why I had no intention of shooting him.

ckillor any chance you would be willing to reveal who the other person was?
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #125 (isolation #21) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 7:25 am

Post by PokerFace »

I was starting to lean towards Shanba but Shanba's claim makes perfect sence with ckillor. My posts before were pointing at knowing 6 people and missing 1, so not know both of them would afirm shanbas wifom. And since they can confirm eachother they are obv camus.

This left BM and klebian and since Klebian has given me nothing that would make me think otherwise, BM would indeed have to be the one. I am a little surprised he would admit to it at this point. Kinda thought he'd pin things on Klebian or something somehow since he could make up using some trick on Sammich or something like that. (How many times did I just use the word some?) I wonder who else BM knew besides me or Jdodge that was on camus? Any comments out of curiosity?

Oh well.

BM vs Me, Shanba, Ckillor, Klebian

If anyone can think of a good plan be sure to pm the others.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #133 (isolation #22) » Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:44 pm

Post by PokerFace »

@Andy can you extend the deadline one more day; have the actions due on friday at that time instead of thursday? This task won't be easy to coordinate
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #139 (isolation #23) » Fri Nov 09, 2007 6:56 pm

Post by PokerFace »

I told you guys I did not really like that plan.

Next time we listen to my idea! Need to think.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #144 (isolation #24) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 8:52 am

Post by PokerFace »

aside from ASSHat what other factions are there in MS?

Hell what is the point of even having a faction when teams are randonly selected each game? There is no point. I can understand being friends with other players. Nothing wrong with having too many friends. It can be good to sign up with friends you like to play with but there is no real point in forming a team with some name on it since you can't gaurantee you'll be with them on the team.

All and all Mafia is just a game and all, so loosing and winning don't really mean too much unless it is your first win or first loss. So why not just hang out and have fun with everybody? There is no point in grudges, factions or anything. Just have fun and go nuts!
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #146 (isolation #25) » Sat Nov 10, 2007 9:08 am

Post by PokerFace »

I understand that.

but now I just realized i kinda sounded like a hipocryte cause i can understand how being in a team can be a form of fun. Hell we have teams ritgh here we formed. And that is fun.

I withdraw my comments

Good luck in the next round BM
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #148 (isolation #26) » Sun Nov 11, 2007 11:54 am

Post by PokerFace »

Vote Count of Day Three:

PokerFace - 1 (BattleMage)

Not Voting - Klebian, Ckillor, PokerFace

With one to lynch PokerFace is drug to the gallows. As the stool is kicked out by BattleMage the rope breaks and PokerFace arrises unscathed. He has a PR which resurects himself when lynched.

PokerFace (Camus) has been lynched and ressurected.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is now Night Three; all night actions are due to Andy by deadline.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #158 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 8:21 am

Post by PokerFace »

Alright team! Go Camus! GG.

Also
GG Battle Mage, you are a worthy opponent.
GG Brutal Assassin your antics of pming everyone encouraged me, a guy that only wanted semi discussion, to do the same.
GG Everyone else as well.

I have but one regret from this game. I sent this message too ckillor and Klebian during round three.
Everyone sky shooting failed so now we use logic instead of WIFOM. Here is some math. BM can shoot 5 things: self, sky, me, ckillor, klebian. If he shoots sky, me, ckillor, or klebian he is open to an attack. There are 4/5 times we can kill him and win. I say one of us shoots him each round and the others hit the sky. Worst case scenario we loose one guy. All other case scenarios we may still loose one but we win. and this way we choose who we loose and don't give him the choice. BM does not have the advantage we do! We must go on the offensive. Who wants to shoot him first?
My one regret is that last sentence. Ckillor volunteered to shoot him this round. Had no one volunteered I would have done it myself so I regret insuating I wanted someone to volunteer by saying that sentence. I had thought of pming ckillor and telling him I'd do it but I figured if BM was going to shoot anyone it would be ckillor. Of the three of us left on camus the one newest to the site was ckillor. And I assume he also knows BM the least. So he was least likly to shoot himself and most likly to be BM's target. I could have PMed ckillor and told him to shoot himself but had I been wrong he would not let me forget it I bet.

After all I am sure he is glad he took BM down with his last breath, payback. Yet I still wish I had hung someone other than myself/crub using the same team name claim thing I did in BTRAF1.

Oh well. Camus still won and I must dance victoriously
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMH0bHeiRNg
No its not me but it is better than my rhythmless self
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #161 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 1:19 pm

Post by PokerFace »

hmmm. If one were to meta your RAF history I am not sure they would come up with the same percents based on your play, but you are undoubtly an unpredictable/X factor. (I wonder what percents someone like Roach would get on you...) Nonetheless I agree, I had no chance of predicting your every move. So I decided to try and ignore your hints or any WIFOM best I could.

You 'could' think of it this way. Why do such coments exist? Obviously they are there to sway my opinion in some way. If you read them plainly the seem to suggest me to either shoot you or shoot myself. Most likly they aren't there to get me to shoot the sky so you can shoot me. And even if they were there for the purpose of lowering my defence, ckillor would have won the game for Camus because me and you would both be dead. I suppose the one upside of that asking for volunteer thing is it allows us the decide who we would loose if you shot yourself. As long as only one of us shoots you, we only loose one guy. This is of course if I relied on WIFOM. Which i did not.

This is more reason why I did not prevent Ckillor's volunteering. He chose to shoot and was therefore ready to die if necessary I guess. But it was better to think about it like this. The most logical flaw in your
Vote: PokerFace
is that you can only vote/shoot one person. And if you are focussing on only one person in a 3 on 1 situation then the others can become our x facter or advantage. Also anyone focussing on one person in a situation where they must fight three is simply ilogical. So because focussing on only me is illogical, I figured I would be safe at the very least.

We choose who we loose and have 4/5 which is high win condition. Which are good things to have when taking on an unpredictable opponent like Battle Mage. Sure they don't grant 100% victory, but they are useful logic in a difficult situation where you have the power to kill us all should we recklessly charge at you unorganized. If this was a semi conversation game I think things would have been more difficult for us.
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #163 (isolation #29) » Thu Nov 15, 2007 6:14 am

Post by PokerFace »

Coments/Awards

Best Mod: Andy

BTRAF1 MVP: Kinetic

BTRAF Last Kill Award for 1 and 2: Ckillor

BTRAF2 Fiercest Player Award: Battle Mage

BTRAF2 MVP: Me I hope?
BTRAF1 Fiercest Player Award: Edion?
Fiercest mean survivor or for their determination in face of peril?

Vote: Semi Discussion
in next one

Also I have good idea for SK's advantage. That 1 guy knows only that which was sent to everyone in rounds so far. Doesn't know everything, unless everything has been sent out or pieced together from what was sent out! This way they have advantage but not total advantage since they need to be alive long enough to use there power of all the pieces to put them together well enough.

Edit: We could all vote on awards or Andy could give them out like fiercest to BM
PokerFace
PokerFace
Too Useful
PokerFace
Too Useful
Too Useful

Post Post #169 (isolation #30) » Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:51 pm

Post by PokerFace »

Brutal Assassin wrote: I'm not sure how teams could have been pieced together from that, I guess Pokerface made some rather large assumptions there. I just figured that the 2 sets of pairs I had were enemies for the sake of even-ness, and told my partner (Opposed Force) everything I knew and told him to attack Klebian. In the end he didn't believe me despite my telling him a ridiculous amount of information. *shrug*

Oh well. Can I win too for having best gambit (in PMing everyone very quickly before any information could be shared)? :D
yes I made alot of assumptions. Funny I sent oposed forced the question...(Can't remember exact words but his reponce is posted earlier)

"So you have a connection of people you feel you're associated with on a team. Am I in this conection? Did BA pm you too?"

I doubt that made him think you were betraying him. He told me nothing useful as mentioned earlier. And since he said nothing nicly I chose not to shoot him because I thought I could get some use out of him later. He should have trusted you. One should be more trusting. And yet...

Its not what they tell you, but what they don't tell you. Sammich told me practically nothing but said I think I'm on your team. Did BA PM you to?

According to BA, Sammich got no info. I assumed he was on my team cause there was no disdain in his words. And because he blindly hinted you were with him. Giving someone info they did not ask for made me think he was genuine. I wonder if he assumed everything I said was right simply because I presented him with no disdain and even more info. A business deal where no one checked the others creditials. Is that why he shot BM?

Well Net gain...

Return to “Sens-O-Tape Archive”