Zero Escape

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #8 (isolation #0) » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:58 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 4, Randomnamechange wrote:SO HYPED GAME OF THE YEAR 11/10.
Seriously though VLR was one of my favourite games ever and I really enjoyed 999 as well. Cannot wait to get my hands on it.
hypity hypity hype hype hype

I will be completely unsurprised if I do the same thing I did when I got the first danganronpa and accidentally stay up all night playing it and go into work the next day with absolutely no sleep and be fine with it

the 2nd trailer has an english voice version now too if some of you haven't seen it yet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4Mqse3X1G4
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #34 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 6:26 am

Post by Gammagooey »

review is out from destructoid!

no spoilers, basically just says the game is amazing except the animations are pretty bad
https://www.destructoid.com/review-zero ... 0574.phtml
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #36 (isolation #2) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

I thought the graphics were fine in VLR, though 999 was better stylistically I think

the review also said the animations were worse than the character portraits in VLR too tho sooo yeah not expecting greatness on that front

just all the other ones
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #56 (isolation #3) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:41 am

Post by Gammagooey »

on the bright side the amazon delay let me realize that I still had the shipping address set to my old apartment from when I pre-ordered it a year ago >_>
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #121 (isolation #4) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:44 pm

Post by Gammagooey »

Spoiler: minor overall plot spoilers
I finally got past the hump of "go through all the team eliminations/shower choices you haven't done yet" and wound up looking up a hint for two lateish game decisions and I'm finally getting close to the end but I've gotten like 3 hours of sleep a night and have plans it'd be nice to be conscious for those over the weekend :<

Spoiler: Late-game Decision spoilers
Figuring out the Door of Truth and Who Killed Mira decisions was a huuuge bitch and I had to look up hints for both. Who Killed was super clever to do it that way, but connecting the Door of Truth to the hint in the other part of the game was not something I think I would have gotten without looking back through hours of cutscenes. It'd probably be pretty close to fine if it weren't for the big timegap between getting the hint and being able to actually unlock the answer, especially when there was no real reason to actually lock that (since I think it was just an elim/shower kill) unless I reeeally missed something weird on the way up to it.

For anyone who gets stuck on any of the harder decisions and wants a hint, or just want to know if you're being dumb or there's something else you need to go through first, this is the best blog post of ALL TIME. Has a ton of mouse-over spoiler hints so you won't see any more than you want to, and a list of pre-reqs for each decision choice hidden behind spoilers in the same way.
http://clontz.org/blog/2016/07/05/zero-time-dilemma/
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #134 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:55 am

Post by Gammagooey »

In post 132, xRECKONERx wrote:eric is the fucking worst

I kept hoping they'd make him interesting
yepppp

I was hoping they'd do something with his
~~~~spoiler length filler~~~~~ brother
in his backstory but nope it's just a reason for him being the shitty character he is

He could have maybe been kind of a decent clover-esque character if they toned him way down and just made him get aggressive when Mira was in actual danger, but no, he's just an angry moron for the entire game except when it's useful to the plot for him to be IN WUV
Gammagooey
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Gammagooey
Glad Hatter
Glad Hatter

Post Post #138 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 4:15 am

Post by Gammagooey »

Also 999>VLR>>>ZTD.

999 has the best characters, VLR is close (Alice is pretty forgettable but everyone else was interesting by the end imo, even if Quark does spend half the game napping), and ZTD has the entire Q team being not particularly good.

Do think that VLR had the best puzzles+gameplay sections though.

I really like the concept of "split everything into fragments and have the player try to slowly piece everything together from the little chunks they know about", but I think that made the designers feel like they always had to have one person arguing for each side in all of the choice decisions that weren't just math or puzzleish things (and even then usually you'll have something similar). And that means half of the non-leader characters need some justification for being an asshole for most choices and their characters get a bit pulled away from what makes sense for them to do as actually good fleshed out characters.
In post 137, xRECKONERx wrote:
Spoiler:
It was so fucking obvious that Mira was the big asshole the whole time. Same with Dio in VLR. I don't even remember who it was in 999. Was it Ace?
Spoiler: 999 and VLR spoilers and also ZTD comments
Dio I thought was just an asshole instead of pretty much the "guy wanting to murder everyone" of the story until maybe midgame, but literally from the first team vote I was thinking that Q team (and pretty much either Eric or Mira) is going to murder the entire rest of the game given any opportunity to do it. And yeah it was Ace

Return to “The Arcade”