Serious life lessons mafia taught me

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 11:44 am

Post by Killthestory »

Mafia taught me to always have fun with whatever you're doing. Getting too focused on something, and getting too competitive leads to you getting in the mindset that it's do or die. Do or die, less it's suicide. It's not. Nothing is do or die, suicide, or anything in between. You always have options, and anything can be turned into something positive rather than a negative. Besides, the positive have more success in life. The people who can flip something, flip something to be good, unravel from trees with an apple to eat. Humanity is inherently flawed, and mafiascum also covers that. You're not going to be perfect, and having fun doing whatever you're doing is great.

It's also taught me to have some sense of negotiation power. You've always got to have something against other players, some sort of advantage. It's like in life. To get high in life, you need to apply yourselves in ways others wouldn't understand. Imagine you're an accountant, but you want to run a technological CEO company. You join a technological team, and they make technology. They sell it off to high rate companies with powerpoints and the like, but that's not their specialty. You let them see how hard it is before you volunteer your services, and then you make good powerpoints. You establish a firm connection with other high rate companies and employees, and you eventually become their salesman. You're showing your worth to the others, and they eventually want to turn into a company. They have to elect a CEO, and it's between you and someone else. You say that you won't be apart of the company if the other man is elected CEO. You're then elected co-CEO. -Taken from the book flow. If you haven't read it, read it.

Mafia also taught me to keep an open mind more. The more I play mafia, the more I listen to different kinds of music and get different perspectives on how people see things. How people see specific scumtells and towntells and the like. It's just easier to do introspection and keep an open perspective on literally anything.

It also taught me that you want to get yourself killed at night as a citizen.

Return to “Mafia Discussion”