Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #1) » Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Masquerade »

In post 40, Hoopla wrote:but it doesn't seem indicative of alignment. it seems indicative of not seeing potential hypocrisy. of the two accusations (hers and yours now), yours seems more like "forced proactivity" whatever that is
You don't know what it is but you can tell it looks like it. Ok..
In post 49, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: Masquerade

Nothing to comment on so far?

cmitc: What/how much experience do you have with mafia elsewhere?
I probably had but I was in a hurry so I didn't.

Ya.
In post 58, cmitc1 wrote:anyway, when do you guys want to mass claim? I would prefer to claim d4ish, maybe d3 if we miss-lynch too much.
If this wasn't a newbie here's where my vote would be rn. Just the suggestion of massclaiming can lure out such reactions that scum might be able to identify pr's.
Have to agree with Hoopla here, she and cmitc move to townleans.
Here I'm starting to get a little paranoid. I agree with Hoopla, but why the need to point it out like that?

No idea what Molla is on about, cmitc didn't suggest a D1 massclaim?
Ah a mistake..

Grendel entrance post. There's plenty already to comment on, why try RQS instead of just reading the previous 4 pages?

What followed was boring, but it made me interested to see where these questions will take Grendel and rn I don't know where else to go. Seems like I came late to the party and everything has already settled or something.. At the least it will force Grendel into making stances so here are my answers:
In post 100, Grendel wrote:1) Do you prefer to play as Town, Mafia, or Independent?
2) What is your favorite role?
3) What are your strengths as a player?
4) What are your weaknesses as a player?
5) Do your strengths and weaknesses change with your alignment?
6) Do you believe in having a D1 trust/buddy? If “yes” who here would be your D1 trust/buddy?
7) What is the story behind your current avatar picture?
1. Haven't played independent yet, I prefer being scum over town
2. Mason, or neighbour as scum
3. I don't really know
4. I get emotional and it shows
5. Sort of
6. No, that's not my style
7. Co-modding a game based on House tv-show

For now I still like my vote where it is.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #265 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:47 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Here now. Sorry for being inactive. Really tired because I didn't sleep. Had a party and then mod-duties and then it was 8am so I just stayed up.
In post 201, Grendel wrote:3) Then what are some positive things that others have said about your previous plays?
5) Elaborate?
6) What does trusting others have to do with play style?
(You're fine with me abbreviating your name to Mask right?)
3 Nothing. I gave up asking at some point..
5 I get paranoid as either alignment but as town it leaves me more confused because I don't know who my team is. That's also why I like mason/neighbour as roles..
6 You know what, I may not understand what you mean with trust/buddy. I was assuming it was kinda what Molla and House were doing with the mason-claiming? Like you pick someone you can read and test how they respond to it. (I was also assuming they know each other reasonably well, I could be wrong) And that's not my style of getting reads.
(ye np, it usualy becomes masq but I'm good with a k too)
In post 208, Egg wrote:Masquarade, you said that what followed Grendel's RQS was boring. What do you think of those who refused to answer? I also noticed you didn't list any strengths. Do you really not know of any? Because you said you prefer playing scum and "sort of" change strengths and weknesses with alignment and it kind of feels like you had scum strengths in mind that you didn't want to share. How do you know your strengths and weaknesses change without knowing what your strengths are?
Everything you ask is already answered. I already said my weakness is being emotional. I tend to get more emotional as town, because I'm the one being betrayed (in my mind)
Robb's response to Grendel's RQS seemed exaggerated to me.
In post 242, Robbnva wrote:Post game we will see what we see and if masq is scum I'll be surprised he let those questions trip him up.
Huh? Do I know you?
In post 252, Egg wrote:
In post 248, Robbnva wrote:
In post 247, Egg wrote:Ok Grendel can be town.
Why?
He used RQS as town, felt successful with it (whether he actually WAS or not is irrelevent) and brought it here. Then he did a good job of outlining why. It feels genuine. He really believes he is doing a good thing for town.
Don't agree here. Grendel is still null for me based on that he has yet to commit to any sort of read and I don't know him well enough to be able to judge whether he's genuine.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #278 (isolation #3) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Masquerade »

Context in quotes, spoilered for readability.
@Chaos:
Spoiler:
In post 182, ChaosOmega wrote:
In post 138, Masquerade wrote:
In post 49, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: Masquerade

Nothing to comment on so far?

cmitc: What/how much experience do you have with mafia elsewhere?
I probably had but I was in a hurry so I didn't.
And now that there's more time for you to clarify, you don't. Well that's useful.

I didn't feel the need to comment on the mason-claiming stuff because I figured it wasn't serious, and at the same time could produce telling reactions from people who did take it seriously. I didn't take issue with Robb vs Elyse because I've seen this happen before during rvs and sometimes it's overeager town and sometimes it's opportunistic scum. Making it effectively null here. Robb and Elyse both struck me as town at the time, but both haven't done enough to live up to that early impression so far.

Spoiler:
In post 138, Masquerade wrote: Grendel entrance post. There's plenty already to comment on, why try RQS instead of just reading the previous 4 pages?
Seems hypocritical to push someone for not commenting on the previous pages when your entrance post didn't comment on the previous pages, either.
You came into the game where there was already a discussion happening, and you posted no content and voted a player who hadn't posted yet or had any votes on them. It screams like you wanted to fade into the background.

The rest of your post is a wishy-washy analysis of Hoopla and other not useful things.

I barely had time when I made my entrance post and just quickly made a random vote for ego after I skimmed the first page. Grendel had time to post his RQS but didn't comment on anything in the gamestate and singles one player out to ask them about the gamestate, which means he's aware of there being such a thing as a gamestate that needs talking about. Which he didn't and still has barely done.
Do you expect me to have strong reads 24-48 hours into the game?

Spoiler:
In post 138, Masquerade wrote:For now I still like my vote where it is
I'm hurt, truly.

Your only comment about me in your post is agreeing with House's post 54. Post for reference:
In post 54, House wrote:
In post 53, Robbnva wrote:Image
penny for your thoughts house
I just thought the supposedly inconsequential correction might have actually been maybe not so inconsequential.

Why edit "ya," out when it's common to say stuff like, "ya, I have experience elsewhere"?

Nothing to really push on, on its own. Just... interesting, and makes me want to watch both Chaos and cmitc.
Please explain why you agree with his post that both of us should be watched due to our exchange from to .

Also, who is your biggest scumread in the game that isn't me?

Because it was odd? And at that point I wasn't particularly townreading cmitc.
Vedith. Besides that bad question I miss his joking/fluffy attitude/playstyle.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 277, Robbnva wrote:So since molla isn't mason. Can we lynch him now?
Can you remind me of why you want to lynch Molla?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #281 (isolation #5) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Masquerade »

My apologies.
Why do you scumread Molla again?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #6) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Masquerade »

This discussion stopped making sense on the last page.
An absolute is being pinged by someone who is not telling the truth and call it scum because town has no reason to lie. Actual scumhunting is looking for motivation. You are not doing that second thing.
Assume Molla was idd mistaken as he claimed, what else makes him scum?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #7) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by Masquerade »

That^ was btw at Robb if that wasn't obvious yet..
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #8) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:31 pm

Post by Masquerade »

In post 328, Robbnva wrote:
In post 323, Masquerade wrote:This discussion stopped making sense on the last page.
An absolute is being pinged by someone who is not telling the truth and call it scum because town has no reason to lie. Actual scumhunting is looking for motivation. You are not doing that second thing.
Assume Molla was idd mistaken as he claimed, what else makes him scum?
Humor me

What's the town motivation to do something and falsely accuse somebody else of
Doing it and when called on it gets belligerent.

sorry "I was mistaken" can't be taken at face value as truthful because it the belligerent part
You are absolutely right, you cannot take "I was mistaken" at face value THAT"S WHY YOU GO AND READ BETWEEN THE LINES TO LOOK FOR MOTIVATION! And I happen to be townreading Molla so I believe he was making a mistake. Are all mistakes made by scum? I can tell you for a fact they are not. I mess up as town often just because I don't care enough about my own survival to check every little fact. You are using the absolute: 'a mistake is always made by scum' and I;'m telliung you you are wrong.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #395 (isolation #9) » Sun Jul 03, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Masquerade »

I'm not lynching Molla.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (isolation #10) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:20 am

Post by Masquerade »

VOTE: Robb

I was p sure Robb was town because of his frustration, it looks quite real, but I'm really starting to doubt this. I'm starting to feel Robb is creating this noise on purpose and he isn't helping the game progress. I think he's scum trying to minimize his associative tells and that's why he keeps pushing on Molla. He ignored the claims in RVS, but later it's a problem? Doesn't compute.
Now it appears he also scumreads Egg but still refuses to move his attention from Molla even though it's pretty obvious almost nobody is willing to lynch him today.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (isolation #11) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:28 am

Post by Masquerade »

*Holds up mirror*
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #454 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Masquerade »

k
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #455 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:35 am

Post by Masquerade »

Why do you suspect Egg?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #544 (isolation #14) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Masquerade »

If Molla was seriously claiming, then why did he hand the popcorn to someone that is supposedly modconfirmed to him?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #547 (isolation #15) » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:48 am

Post by Masquerade »

I know. And I'm telling you why I didn't take Molla's claim seriously.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #682 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 05, 2016 2:09 am

Post by Masquerade »

In post 549, Grendel wrote:I let people interpret this as they see fit, but I personally think of a D1 trust/buddy as somebody I like to use as a sounding board for my thoughts in the thread proper. So its less about perceived aliment, and more about having a “study buddy”, or some such. But I like to let people think I’m talking about alignment specifically because it can get more… useful responses. Unfortunately, I get results like yours as well where their answer is , “Not my style”, which is an unhelpful null read imo.
Well then I do think we sort of meant the same thing. The reason that it's not my style is because I'm sort of a loner. And ofc my paranoia doesn't really help much in trusting people. Last time when I had a townread since Day 1, it was scum :/ so yeah, I'm a little hesitant with that sort of thing and always reconsider my reads.

@Vedith, what is your current read on Elyse then? And have you looked into Hoopla yet? What exactly are you scumreading her for?

UNVOTE:
I don't think Robb is scum, but I would very much appreciate if he replaced out and took some classes in anger management and the like before coming back.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #734 (isolation #17) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:49 pm

Post by Masquerade »

VOTE: Vedith
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #751 (isolation #18) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Masquerade »

Because the wagon will create momentum which gives us more things to talk about so I just jumped it. Seemed a lot better than going back to the unhealthy shit we had here before the site crashed.

..... :/
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (isolation #19) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:11 am

Post by Masquerade »

House can you just fucking drop the Robb-shit? I agree with Grendel here that you had a big part in his rage with your reacting to it. Maybe you should try to ignore stuff every once in a while and just get over it instead of acting like a child and insisting on getting your way. You acted almost as unacceptable as Robb.
In post 762, Grendel wrote:I won't switch to Vedith tonight.

Probably sometime tomarrow if nobody else steps up to the plate.
What's your reason for not voting Vedith now but you would tomorrow? What's the difference? If he's scum now, he will still be scum tomorrow. If he's town now he will still be town tomorrow. If you are willing to vote, then why wait? Why not vote him so we can get him to claim and actually have time to discuss that?

@Vedith: how is not wanting to lose you after losing JK any indication that we should lynch Hoopla? How about you actually push her instead of hinting at her being scum while you defend yourself? Oh wait, you're scum.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #806 (isolation #20) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Masquerade »

UNVOTE:

I'll do some rereads tomorrow. Blankface looks like an ok lynch and atm so does cmitc. I completely forgot about Chaos and egg in all the commotion, I would like their thoughts. Also Wake has been flirting with both wagons but hasn't taken any sort of stance on either Vedith or Blankface. Also I'm really confused rn where he stands on House. Then again, I'm confused where I stand on House rn either so there's that..

Wake, who do you think we should lynch today? I appreciate you need time to think, I do too, but you've had plenty of time now.

Oh hi Molla.

VOTE: Blankface
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #822 (isolation #21) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:16 am

Post by Masquerade »

Sorry, weekend turned out to be a lot more filled than I expected. Will get in later to catch up.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #845 (isolation #22) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:47 pm

Post by Masquerade »

VOTE: Vedith

Hammer.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #872 (isolation #23) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:08 am

Post by Masquerade »

@Egg: Vedith was my preferred lynch that's why I jumped him over Blank initially? But my scumread on him wasn't as strong anymore as it was before. IIrc they each had 3 votes and several players were dancing around the wagons. I just wanted to get the game to focus on scumhunting instead of the fighting between Robb, Molla and House.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #877 (isolation #24) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Masquerade »

VOTE: Egg

I'll elaborate later, something has to happen first.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #879 (isolation #25) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Masquerade »

?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #880 (isolation #26) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 4:30 am

Post by Masquerade »

Oh you're voting me. I see.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #884 (isolation #27) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 8:23 am

Post by Masquerade »

It's not. I tend to miss votes in walls when they're merely bolded (what is it with people not just putting a v instead of a b?) and that vc wasn't actually there yet when I opened this page (curse of a small screen and refreshing)
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #919 (isolation #28) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 4:25 am

Post by Masquerade »

With the risk of sounding like I'm trying to pull an AtE.. How am I supposed to defend to being lynched over something I had absolutely no control over? I'm not scum, you're playing right into scum's hands by lynching me. Have you considered the possibility of me being town and scum ignoring me because Blank and Vedith were also both town and scum just didn't care?
Everyone needs to sheep me on Egg. My gut tells me he's scum and another game that just ended told me my gut is freakishly accurate.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #941 (isolation #29) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:23 am

Post by Masquerade »

If that claim had come from anybody else I would have been more inclined to take it seriously..

Kts why claim when you did?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #981 (isolation #30) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:58 am

Post by Masquerade »

I'm a 1-shot vig.

I also spent yesterday outside and the heat got to me, I'll catch up properly later when I feel better.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #983 (isolation #31) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Masquerade »

Who says I didn't?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #988 (isolation #32) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 9:32 am

Post by Masquerade »

I'd rather not discuss that rn. Maybe I still have my shot, maybe I don't. Giving that information will only serve scum.

@Egg: I have. Why?
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #991 (isolation #33) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 11:32 am

Post by Masquerade »

http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=110&t=65107 Blitz game, never got to claim because sudden win when cult targetted me and suicided..
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=65851 Never got to claim because I lurked out under pressure.
http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=66444 Got flashlynched because I hard-defended my buddy that flipped anyway the previous day, never even got to post but open setup and would have claimed vt.

I'm not giving links from my main because this is supposed to be a secret alt. In a rolemadness I was a scum tracker and claimed that and worked with town and eventually shared the win with the 3rd party. I also once made an outrageous claim as scum in hopes of protecting my buddy, and that went horribly wrong and since then I've stuck to just claiming vt as scum unless I actually have a role that I can use to my advantage.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1023 (isolation #34) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:39 am

Post by Masquerade »

Sorry for being this inactive, the heat here is incapacitating.
I really
really
don't want to say whether I shot N1 or didn't. If I am still alive tomorrow, I'll explain why. I have good reason and you can either trust me or go ahead and lynch me.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1026 (isolation #35) » Thu Jul 21, 2016 3:19 am

Post by Masquerade »

If there is no scum rb like you say there is.
Masquerade
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Masquerade
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1123 (isolation #36) » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:47 am

Post by Masquerade »

VOTE: Grendel

This is a desperate attempt from scum to get into lylo, don't fall for it. I'm going to flip town, whether I have my shot or not, lynching me will put us into lylo (mylo if scumkill fails, and I don't even want to think about what happens if cmitc targets scum tonight)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”