Dead Players
  1. (♢ ♡ ♤) Not_Mafia -
    pledged ♦♥ to Aronis; pledged ♠ to Aronis
  2. (♦ ♡ ♤) Elekitu -
    pledged ♠ to StrangerCoug
  3. (♢ ♡ ♤) animorpherv1 -
    pledged ♦ to StrangerCoug; pledged ♥ to Shadoweh
  4. (♥) Shadoweh
Last edited by pablito on Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:01 pm, edited 63 times in total.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Sun May 29, 2016 11:45 am

Post by pablito »

Buy the Bullet is a negotiation, bidding, and targetting game based on concepts similar to Ready, Aim, Fire! and Ferris Wheel. Each round one bullet will be offered and the player that earns the bullet can then target any player who will then be executed. However, earning that bullet will require negotiation and strategy based on the limited resources that you have to start. Furthermore, executed players still have a chance to affect the outcome, because their unused cards can be pledged to alive players for use later in the game! Who will buy the bullet and who will bite the bullet?

Rules
  • Every player begins with four cards in their hand, one of each card suit. Players will not be granted any new cards until all cards in the alive players have been used. No new cards will be given to any players unless everyone is empty-handed.
  • Cards are used to bid for the bullet. Each round, players will either privately play a card in their hand or no card. Players are given 48 hours to PM the mod their choice. The player that bid with the highest ranked unduplicated card for that round will win the bullet. In the case of ties all around, no one will win the bullet and all cards in that round will be discarded. Each round all bid cards will be discarded whether a bullet has been bought or not.
    If all bids are in, the results may be announced earlier than 48 hours but at minimum 12 hours will pass before results are announced.
  • Cards are ranked in this order Diamonds ♦♢ > Hearts ♥♡ > Spades ♠♤ > Clubs ♣♧.
  • For example if in round one, five players played the following:
    A - No card
    B - Diamond ♦
    C - Diamond ♦
    D - Heart ♥
    E - Club ♣
    Then D would win the trick. Diamonds cancel each other out for duplicating, and the next highest card in the trick is Hearts. However, if E played a Heart, then no one earns the bullet, and all played cards are discarded. All bids are made public on each round. All cards in hand are also public.
  • If all alive players submit "no card", then all dead players will have 24 hours to publicly vote for which alive player should lose their highest-ranked card as a penalty for the unanimous "no card" submission. The alive player who receives the most votes will lose their highest-ranked card. If there is a tie, then all of the votes on the tied players will be removed and the alive player who received the next most number of votes will receive the penalty and lose their highest-ranked card. If this means that no player has earned the most votes due to cancellations, then no player will receive the penalty to lose the highest-ranked card.

• The player that earns the bullet will have 24 hours to then announce in thread whom s/he would like to execute/shoot. Please bold like so
    Shoot: pablito
    . The executed player is then removed from contention from winning. The executed player retains all cards still in his/her hand and will likely affect the outcome of the game. Alive players can communicate via PMs. Dead players can continue to post only in thread after death to continue negotiating with players.
  • Because it is very likely that alive players will run out of cards before the end of the game, dead players may pledge one card each round in his/her hand to any alive player. To do so, a dead player must post in bold like so
    Pledge: Heart to xofelf
    (pun intended). Once a card is pledged to an alive player, the choice cannot be undone unless the recipient is later executed.
  • Once all alive players run out of cards, all pledged cards will be given to alive players.
  • After pledged cards have been given to alive players,
    once a round occurs in which all dead players run out of cards or no more cards are pledged in a round, then all dead players
    are fully removed
    can no longer pledge cards in the game and all alive players are given four new cards.
  • Failure to submit a bid before deadline will give a player a strike. First strike - Submit "no card". Second strike - Submit "highest non-winning card". Third strike - Modkill/DQ. Failure to shoot someone before deadline leads to receiving a strike and a 24 hr extension of deadline. Penalty will apply during next bidding phase.
  • Play continues until only one player remains - who is then announced the winner.
Last edited by pablito on Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:46 am, edited 6 times in total.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Sun May 29, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by pablito »

I'll cap the sign-ups to 12 for now - unsure if it will work well with more than that. But maybe in a future round can have unlimited sign-ups. Once there's 10 sign-ups at least, I'll give a 24 hr count to sign-up. Otherwise, if there's fewer, we can just start whenever.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Sun May 29, 2016 1:52 pm

Post by pablito »

As I was away from the computer I realized I didn't make that specific.

I'll leave it as a vote to the players. Dead players for sure can only post in thread.

Vote for YEA for PMing between alive players or NAY for PMing between alive players?

Also, all choices will be made public upon each round.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #4) » Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by pablito »

Bump. Setting a hard sign-up deadline for Saturday the 4th at about 1pm EST. At that time, I'll notify all players that the game is starting. Anyone can still sign-up. Extra day for the first action just to get used to the bidding portion and in case you need to negotiate.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #5) » Sat Jun 04, 2016 5:40 am

Post by pablito »

Game has started. Round 1 begins! Feel free to communicate with any alive players right now. The deadline for round 1 is Monday night 21:00 EDT. Before the deadline each player must PM me a bid. You may choose to bid a card of any suit or you may choose to bid "no card". Once I receive all bids, even if before deadline, I will announce results. Once the final bid is in, all choices are final. Before then you may switch your choice via PM. Once the results are up, I will notify all players that there is 24 hours for the shooter (if there is one) to publicly announce a target.

Please refer to the rules in post #2 to see how the bids will resolve. Remember that ties will cause all of those cards to cancel out and all cards, once played, will disappear.

Questions? Feel free to PM me.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #33 (isolation #6) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:30 am

Post by pablito »

Deadline later today in about nine hours or math.

Just a handful to be prodded this round.

Also I failed to post activity rules. 3 strike system. On first strike you will submit "no card". On second activity strike you will submit the highest non-winning card (no card if highest winning bid is clubs or lower) OR the highest tying card if highest bids cancel each other out. In other words the highest card possible in your possession to not win. On third strike you will be mod killed. First round is a freebie all around.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #7) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:00 am

Post by pablito »

All bids submitted and locked in
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #8) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:27 am

Post by pablito »

Apologies. Just went into a meeting and only wanted to notify that bids were locked. Results now! (as long as I'm not interrupted)

All players submitted their bid of a card or no card! And before deadline! Will anyone have actually successfully bought the bullet? Remember that Diamonds is highest, followed by Hearts, Spades, then Clubs. Ties cancel each other out, the highest unduplicated card wins. If all are tied, then no one wins.

Let's start with Realeo (announced in dramatic order). What has Realeo bid?

Spoiler:
Unsurprisingly, its ♣ Clubs! ♣ Is this enough for Realeo to have bought the bullet?

Next we'll announce Aronis!

Spoiler:
No card! Aronis keeps 4 cards. Realeo is still in the lead.

What has StrangerCoug bid?

Spoiler:
No card again! Realeo still has the bullet in grasp.

RedCoyote, what have you bid?

Spoiler:
♣ Clubs ♣ Their bids currently cancel each other out and currently no one has the bullet! Both of them are also down to 3 cards as those clubs are discarded.

Hey Radja, you want a bullet?

Spoiler:
Why yes, Radja would like a bullet with a bid of ♠ Spades! ♠ Will anyone stab Radja in the heart with the spade or will the bid hold?

How about you heuristically_alone?

Spoiler:
♠ Spades! ♠ These bids are cancelled out and currently no one has the bullet. The bullet is feeling a bit rejected that you're all cancelling each other out.

Let's go to Majiffy!

Spoiler:
♦Diamonds!♦ Hey big spender - are you going to keep this bullet or will someone cancel it out?

xofelf, m'dear what will you do?

Spoiler:
No card! Majiffy holds the lead.

Cheery Dog?

Spoiler:
No card! Majiffy just has to beat Kappy to keep the bullet. But will Kappy play spoiler and cause no one to have the bullet?

Finally - Kappy, what will you do after all these suspenseful results?

Spoiler:
♥Hearts♥ That's not enough for the bullet Kappy. Majiffy has successfully bought the bullet? Now who will bite the bullet?

Final Results:

Spoiler:
3 (♦ ♡ ♠ ♣) Kappy
3 (♦ ♥ ♤ ♣) heuristically_alone
4 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♣) Cheery Dog
4 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♣) StrangerCoug
3 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♧) Realeo
4 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♣) Aronis
3 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♧) RedCoyote
4 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♣) xofelf
3 (♢ ♥ ♠ ♣) Majiffy
3 (♦ ♥ ♤ ♣) Radja

♢Diamonds♢:
Majiffy (WINNER)
♡Hearts♡:
Kappy
♤Spades♤:
heuristically_alone, Radja
♧Clubs♧:
Realeo, RedCoyote.

Majiffy now has 24 to publicly submit an execution by bolding
Shoot: Player
or something like such. Deadline 18:30 EDT Tuesday - extension may be allowed if requested.
(expired on 2016-06-07 17:30:00)

Btw if the suit icons are not showing up for you, please let me know so I can post additional information. Empty suits are used, solid suits are still available - in case you're interested.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #9) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:47 am

Post by pablito »

Okay thanks for the quick execution! Aronis is deaded and can continue to post in thread. You may no longer privately communicate with Aronis about this game. Aronis may once per round publicly pledge any of his four cards by bolding such. So be nice to Aronis and maybe you can get something in return. Or Aronis can spite you all if desired. 48 hours for Round 2 bidding. Please pm me your bid of a card or no card. See opening post for all your remaining cards.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #10) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:50 am

Post by pablito »

Round 2 bidding deadline Wednesday 19:00 EDT (7pm eastern). Results to be posted early if all bids submitted early. Bids can be changed until the final bid is received in my inbox. I will take your most recent bid as long as it is before bid lockdown.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #11) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:34 pm

Post by pablito »

In post 43, xofelf wrote:Also just a heads up to everyone, I have survivormeet this weekend so I'm v/la from Wednesday to Monday. I swear I'm not ignoring you, I'm just trying not to die in a survivor game.
I'll be out during some of that time so deadlines will be very relaxed during xof's vla.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #12) » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:02 pm

Post by pablito »

Yes
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #13) » Tue Jun 07, 2016 5:51 pm

Post by pablito »

7/9 received. If current deadlines hold, then there will be a wait for the next round completion due to v/la. At least bidding wise.

Also, I'm loving this game. Feel free to notify me of your gameplay/strategy if you'd like - no requirement. I know some of you are using me as your confessional booth.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #14) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 9:37 am

Post by pablito »

In post 103, Realeo wrote:@Pablito:

Can you extend the deadline by 6 hours? The deadline falls while I'm asleep & I haven't send in my pick. If you extend the deadline by 6, it should fall on 7 pm local time right?
Deadline midnight eastern tonight. Usually I would not extend but due to Survivor meet and me being extremely busy today I will do it.

I will offer extensions mostly only when we beat a previous deadline and the cycle is off
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #122 (isolation #15) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:41 pm

Post by pablito »

Round over! Now who bought the bullet?

Let's start with Kappy (order is dramatically chosen).

Spoiler:
Whatcha digging for Kappy? Oh I see, you got ♠Spades♠ Kappy currently in the lead!

How about you, Cheery Dog?

Spoiler:
Whatcha digging for Cheery Dog? A kayak? Oh. No wait, you're going for some ♦Diamonds♦ are you. Cheery Dog in the lead!

xofelf what did you bid before you left?

Spoiler:
Whatcha digging for xofelf? Oddly, some clovers? Oh sometimes those are called ♣Clubs♣. Cheery Dog still in the lead!

StrangerCoug is up to something, what might it be?

Spoiler:
Whatcha digging for StrangerCoug? Oh, mining for ♦Diamonds♦ too? Well that means you and Cheery Dog will cancel out now and both of you are out of your diamonds. That means Kappy goes back into the lead!

What about Realeo?

Spoiler:
YEAH WHAT ABOUT REALEO? No card, and a STRIKE for no submission. Kappy still in the lead!

Radja, bidding anything?

Spoiler:
Whatcha digging for Radja? Well you're getting ready to break some ♥Hearts♥? Awww. so sweet. That means you're in the lead!

Majiffy, going for the bullet again?

Spoiler:
Whatcha digging for Majiffy? You too? Searching for ♥Hearts♥? Well now that you and Radja have broken your hearts, you're out of a card and the win. Kappy goes back into the lead!

RedCoyote do you want the bullet?

Spoiler:
Whatcha digging for RedCoyote? Hrm, another ♠Spades♠ digger? Oh my, both you and Kappy cancel each other out! You're both out of your cards and now that means that xofelf is in the lead with clubs! Only one player left!

heuristically_alone are you going for the bullet?

Spoiler:
Whatcha digging for heuristically_alone? ♣Clubs♣ Really? So this means that EVERYONE cancelled each other out? All of those cards are now discarded and NO ONE bought the bullet this round...

Final Results

Spoiler:
2 (♦ ♡ ♤ ♣) Kappy
2 (♦ ♥ ♤ ♧) heuristically_alone
3 (♢ ♥ ♠ ♣) Cheery Dog
3 (♢ ♥ ♠ ♣) StrangerCoug
3 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♧) Realeo*
2 (♦ ♥ ♤ ♧) RedCoyote
3 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♧) xofelf
2 (♢ ♡ ♠ ♣) Majiffy
2 (♦ ♡ ♤ ♣) Radja

♢Diamonds♢: Cheery Dog, StrangerCoug
♡Hearts♡: Majiffy, Radja
♤Spades♤: Kappy, RedCoyote
♧Clubs♧: heuristically_alone, xofelf

No one won the bullet. Round is over and we'll start a new round now. Deadline 21:00 EDT Monday due to survivormeet - may end early if all bids are in. I hope to get word when survivormeet actually finishes, as we may need to extend if xofelf isn't back by deadline. Aronis can pledge another card during this round if desired. (expired on 2016-06-13 21:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #16) » Wed Jun 08, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by pablito »

Please note rule updates in italics.
  • After pledged cards have been given to alive players,
    once a round occurs in which all dead players run out of cards or no more cards are pledged in a round, then all dead players are fully removed from the game and all alive players are given four new cards.
  • Failure to submit a bid before deadline will give a player a strike. First strike - Submit "no card". Second strike - Submit "highest non-winning card". Third strike - Modkill/DQ. Failure to shoot someone before deadline leads to receiving a strike and a 24 hr extension of deadline. Penalty will apply during next bidding phase.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #17) » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:07 am

Post by pablito »

In post 136, Aronis wrote:
Also Mod, What happens if somebody I pledged a card to dies b4 they can use that card?
This enables the guard card token being played. The player must then ask what distinguishes a guard card from a non guard card. Upon such, the dead player gets the pledged card back from the now-dead recipient. The dead player can then re-pledge but still only at a rate of one per round. Therefore xofelf does not have the right to give away your heart but she has the right to give away her heart. And I hope you both give them to me if you're both dead. Necrolove <3

Tl;dr version: you get it back and can give it away give it away give it away again.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #18) » Sat Jun 11, 2016 3:31 am

Post by pablito »

Xofelf has requested an extension due to her travel plans during survivor meet. This has been granted. New bidding deadline is Tuesday 11 am eastern no further extension.

Also fyi I have super limited access 16th to 21st. Only one deadline planned during that time period.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #19) » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by pablito »

Going to send some prods.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #20) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:21 am

Post by pablito »

Ok, results.

First let's go with heuristically_alone!

Spoiler:
STRIKE. No card!

Next is Realeo!

Spoiler:
No card!

Radja?

Spoiler:
No card!

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:
No card! I'm sensing a theme...

RedCoyote?

Spoiler:
Another no card!

Cheery Dog?

Spoiler:
♥Hearts♥! Cheery Dog is currently in the lead!

Kappy?

Spoiler:
♣Clubs♣! Cheery Dog holds the lead, Kappy's card discarded

Majiffy?

Spoiler:
♠Spades♠! Cheery Dog continues the lead with only xofelf remaining

xofelf?

Spoiler:
♦Diamonds♦! And with that xofelf buys the bullet! Now who will bite the bullet? 24 hours to decide!

Final Results:
Spoiler:
1 (♦ ♡ ♤ ♧) Kappy
2 (♦ ♥ ♤ ♧) heuristically_alone
2 (♢ ♡ ♠ ♣) Cheery Dog
3 (♢ ♥ ♠ ♣) StrangerCoug
3 (♦ ♥ ♠ ♧) Realeo*
2 (♦ ♥ ♤ ♧) RedCoyote
2 (♢ ♥ ♠ ♧) xofelf
1 (♢ ♡ ♤ ♣) Majiffy
2 (♦ ♡ ♤ ♣) Radja

♢Diamonds♢: xofelf
♡Hearts♡: Cheery Dog
♤Spades♤: Majiffy
♧Clubs♧: Kappy
No card: heuristically_alone, Radja, Realeo, RedCoyote, StrangerCoug

xofelf has the bullet and has 24 hours to shoot someone deadline 12:20pm Wednesday morning eastern time zone. (expired on 2016-06-15 11:20:00) Aronis has until the execution to pledge another card if desired.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #21) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by pablito »

In post 194, Kappy wrote: xofelf didn't necessarily join forces with me. But that quote is accurate.
@Mod: Can we take screenshots of PMs to post?

If so, I will post it to prove I'm telling the truth.
Er...no. Mafia games don't allow it, so I don't want to be setting precedent here - despite the differences. But quote towers or whatever are allowed - no to screenshots.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #22) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by pablito »

@Aronis Yeah those were non-game related, so I'm letting it slide.

I was actually tempted to use that screenshot to fake a romantic PM exchange between them.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #23) » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by pablito »

Rules mean nothing - CC is actually modding this game, I'm just proxying.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #24) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:37 am

Post by pablito »

Deadline passed. Xofelf earns a strike and must submit "no card" during next bidding phase. Extension of 24 hrs from this post before next deadline hits.

Please note that over the next few days I will only be able to check exactly at Friday 12pm noon or Sunday 12pm noon due to my v/la. As such the next deadline will occur at one of those times regardless of any actions occurring soon.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #225 (isolation #25) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 11:56 am

Post by pablito »

That deadline is for xof to shoot someone btw. Bidding starts immediately thereafter whether im here or not
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #235 (isolation #26) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:37 pm

Post by pablito »

My bad. I don't pay attention to pagetops. Claim them before I realize please. Also once a shot is made, always assume that the next round of bidding/pledging is open. Thank you Aronis and Kappy for abiding by such.

Deadline for Round 4 bidding is Sunday 11am eastern. I have no internet access until then, so just keep submitting as I will look at all timestamps to determine when all bids are in. So in other words, if you want to change your bid, just change it and hope for the best that not all bids are in.

Remember that xofelf's penalty applies during this bidding round. Also, if someone gets a second strike, the automatic submission will be the worst card possible (even if it's no card).

(expired on 2016-06-19 10:00:00) to deadline
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #27) » Sun Jun 19, 2016 6:19 am

Post by pablito »

Ok. Rudimentary result post.

Xofelf must submit no card
Realeo submits spade
Majiffy no card
Red coyote no card
Cheery dog no card
StrangerCoug plays club
Radja first strike no card
Heuristically_alone second strike no card (any other card would win).

Realeo wins the bullet and has exactly 24 hrs from this post to execute someone.

After the execution the next bidding deadline will be Wednesday at 7pm eastern no matter what. Please submit bids any time after the bullet has executed someone. Game will resume with normal deadlines afterward.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #246 (isolation #28) » Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:30 am

Post by pablito »

Keep sending results. Aronis and Majiffy can still pledge cards if so desired. Will update op tonight.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #247 (isolation #29) » Wed Jun 22, 2016 12:52 pm

Post by pablito »

Okay, results time.

First let's go to heuristically_alone

Spoiler:
STRIKE!

Third strike means modkill
heuristically_alone is DQed and as a result is deaded and cannot pledge any cards either.
However, Kappy's diamond is returned and can now be repledged.

How about xofelf?

Spoiler:
♥HEARTS♥

Hearts is the current winner!

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:
Nothing! I have nothing!

xofelf retains the lead!

Cheery Dog?

Spoiler:
♣THIS CLUB♣

xofelf retains the lead!

Radja?

Spoiler:
TWO STRIKES!
♣CLUBS♣ played as it will cancel out and still cannot win. Diamond would cause a win/tie depending on all other cards played.

xofelf still retains the lead!

Realeo?

Spoiler:
♦DIAMONDS♦

Realeo takes the lead!

Finally - RedCoyote?

Spoiler:
Nothing! Kept his hand to himself!

Realeo wins the bullet!

Final Results:
Spoiler:
1 (♢ ♡ ♠ ♧) Cheery Dog
2 (♢ ♥ ♠ ♧) StrangerCoug
1 (♢ ♥ ♤ ♧) Realeo*
2 (♦ ♥ ♤ ♧) RedCoyote
1 (♢ ♡ ♠ ♧) xofelf*
1 (♦ ♡ ♤ ♧) Radja**

♢Diamonds♢: Realeo
♡Hearts♡: xofelf
♤Spades♤: No one

♧Clubs♧: Cheery Dog,
Radja*

No card: RedCoyote, StrangerCoug
modkill: heuristically_alone

Realeo has the bullet and has 24 hours to shoot someone!
Deadline Thursday the 23rd at 20:00 EDT. Feel free to submit any new bids after the execution occurs as I will not be back until late night Thursday. (expired on 2016-06-23 19:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #250 (isolation #30) » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:13 am

Post by pablito »

Round 6 bidding begins. Since deadline falls on a Saturday, I'll keep it a nighttime deadline in case anyone is real busy Friday night.

Deadline Saturday the 25th 8pm EDT.

(expired on 2016-06-25 19:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #252 (isolation #31) » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by pablito »

5 alive.

Realeo?

Spoiler:

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:

RedCoyote?

Spoiler:

xofelf?

Spoiler:

Radja?

Spoiler:

Final Results:
Spoiler:
2 (♢ ♥ ♠ ♧) StrangerCoug*
1 (♢ ♥ ♤ ♧) Realeo*
1 (♢ ♥ ♤ ♧) RedCoyote
0 (♢ ♡ ♤ ♧) xofelf**
1 (♦ ♡ ♤ ♧) Radja**

Strikes: xofelf and StrangerCoug

♢Diamonds♢: RedCoyote
♡Hearts♡: no one
♤Spades♤: xofelf**
♧Clubs♧: No one
No card: Radja, Realeo, StrangerCoug*

RedCoyote has the bullet and has 24 hours to shoot someone! Deadline Sunday the 26th at 21:30 EDT. (expired on 2016-06-26 20:30:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #32) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:51 am

Post by pablito »

Realeo is dead and all above pledged cards went through as shown in OP.

Four players remain!

Deadline for Round 7 bidding is Tuesday the 28th at 8pm EDT eastern daylight.

(expired on 2016-06-28 19:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #33) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:41 am

Post by pablito »

In post 1, pablito wrote:Buy the Bullet is a negotiation, bidding, and targetting game based on concepts similar to Ready, Aim, Fire! and Ferris Wheel. Each round one bullet will be offered and the player that earns the bullet can then target any player who will then be executed. However, earning that bullet will require negotiation and strategy based on the limited resources that you have to start. Furthermore, executed players still have a chance to affect the outcome, because their unused cards can be pledged to alive players for use later in the game! Who will buy the bullet and who will bite the bullet?

Rules

• Play continues until only one player remains - who is then announced the winner.
I'm confused how there are joint wins. There's just one winner? I need to figure out if this ruleset allows for ties so I'm legitimately wondering if there's something that needs to be looked at. If pledged cards are expired, and there are no more pledged, then it goes to "sudden death" and all players are given four new cards and all dead players are removed.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #269 (isolation #34) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:45 am

Post by pablito »

Ah okay. So the rule will be, after 3 rounds of "no card" from all alive players - then CuddlyCaucasian gains the solo win by default.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #270 (isolation #35) » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:49 am

Post by pablito »

For the second game, I'll incorporate a different rule actually. Likely will be "Upon a single round of all alive players submitting 'no card', the dead players will hold a plurality vote to remove the highest ranked card from a single player. Each dead player will submit a public vote for whom they would like to target for the 'penalty card removal'."
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #272 (isolation #36) » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:20 am

Post by pablito »

And we're early with the results.

Before the results, I just want to say that the current rule regarding "no card" is that if there are 3 total rounds in a game where all alive players submit "no card", then all alive players will be killed and no winner will be announced. For the next game, that rule will change. Let's hope it doesn't come into play.

First let's go to xofelf!

Spoiler:

Poor xofelf, doesn't even have a card. She doesn't even go here.

RedCoyote?

Spoiler:

And no card for Gretchen Weiners.

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:

♥HEARTS♥

Radja?

Spoiler:

Stop trying to make fetch happen. No card.

Final Results:

Spoiler:
1 (♢ ♡ ♠ ♧) StrangerCoug*
1 (♢ ♥ ♤ ♧) RedCoyote
0 (♢ ♡ ♤ ♧) xofelf**
1 (♦ ♡ ♤ ♧) Radja**

♢Diamonds♢: no one
♡Hearts♡: RedCoyote
♤Spades♤: no one
♧Clubs♧: no one
No card: Radja, RedCoyote, xofelf

Due to being early, I'll set a generous deadline just in case someone isn't coming around for the next 24 hours, but of course, the earlier the shot the better. StrangerCoug has the bullet and has 48 hours to shoot someone! Deadline Wednesday the 26th at 18:30 EDT. (expired on 2016-06-29 17:30:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (isolation #37) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:17 am

Post by pablito »

And with that, we're down to three players: Radja, StrangerCoug and xofelf.

Round 8 bidding deadline 48 hours on Thursday the 30th at 20:00 EDT - as there's no guarantees I'll be online earlier that day. However, if all bids are in early, I will announce results early. Remember that for this game if there are 3 rounds overall in which "no card" is submitted by all alive players, then
no one
wins (except CuddlyCaucasian).

Kappy and Cheery Dog have their cards returned for re-pledging.

(expired on 2016-06-30 19:00:00)

Also taking /pre-ins for Game 2.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (isolation #38) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:12 pm

Post by pablito »

All results are in! Posting early as promised. Will the game end, or will the count to internecine move closer?

Spoiler: xofelf?
No card as expected

Spoiler: StrangerCoug?
♠SPADES♠

Spoiler: Radja?
♦DIAMONDS♦ - WINNER!

Final Results:
Spoiler:
0 (♢ ♡ ♤ ♧) StrangerCoug*
0 (♢ ♡ ♤ ♧) xofelf**
0 (♢ ♡ ♤ ♧) Radja**

♢Diamonds♢: Radja
♡Hearts♡:
♤Spades♤: StrangerCoug
♧Clubs♧:
No card: xofelf

All alive players have 0 cards. Pledged cards are now given at this moment.

(♠) StrangerCoug
(♥ ♥ ♣ ♣) xofelf
(♥) Radja

24 hours for Radja to shoot the bullet. Deadline 0:00 EDT on Friday (expired on 2016-06-29 23:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #290 (isolation #39) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:13 pm

Post by pablito »

Down to 2 players: Radja and StrangerCoug!

Once I get submitted cards, I'll post results.

48 hrs from this post:

(expired on 2016-07-01 00:13:00)

Feel free to /pre-in for next game (which will have slight rule changes/clarifications) and will start when enough players sign up.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #300 (isolation #40) » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:53 pm

Post by pablito »

Alrighty, Radja submitted heart, so there's no way StrangerCoug can win at this point (newly pledged cards would not go into play until both alive players run out of cards). So I'll call the game as over. Especially since the game debriefing and discussion has already started.

Congrats Radja on the win!

Spoiler: trophy

Well done all players! This game far exceeded my expectations and the effort placed by all of you was tremendous. Thanks for making this a success! This was just a simple game I told CC I wanted to make and it turns out it was much more complex in gameplay than I realized.

Game 2 will close signups once there's at least 10. If I don't get that many, I'll place a deadline once there's a significant amount.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #314 (isolation #41) » Wed Jun 29, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by pablito »

Game 2
  1. animorpherv1
  2. Aronis
  3. Elekitu

Space for 7 more at least. Sign-ups continue!
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #319 (isolation #42) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:37 am

Post by pablito »

In post 315, xofelf wrote:Pabs dear, I think you missed a few pre-ins.
I have Shadoweh StrangerCoug and not_mafia. Am I missing more? I was only looking at explicit ones.

4 more slots for the ideal number. Keep signing up.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #320 (isolation #43) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:46 am

Post by pablito »

Rule additions for Game 2:
  • If all bids are in, the results may be announced earlier than 48 hours but at minimum 12 hours will pass before results are announced.
  • If all alive players submit "no card", then all dead players will have 24 hours to publicly vote for which alive player should lose their highest-ranked card as a penalty for the unanimous "no card" submission. The alive player who receives the most votes will lose their highest-ranked card. If there is a tie, then all of the votes on the tied players will be removed and the alive player who received the next most number of votes will receive the penalty and lose their highest-ranked card. If this means that no player has earned the most votes due to cancellations, then no player will receive the penalty to lose the highest-ranked card.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #44) » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by pablito »

Let's call 48 hours left to sign-up and we'll play with whoever's signed up at that time - with a deadline Friday to Monday. Based on the number of players, we may go without clubs throughout the entire game.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (isolation #45) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:06 am

Post by pablito »

Last call for /ins for this game. Game starts tonight (EDT).
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #46) » Fri Jul 08, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by pablito »

The game begins! Seven players alive this round. Due to the number of players, clubs are eliminated this entire game.

Alive Players
  1. (♦ ♥ ♠) animorpherv1
  2. (♦ ♥ ♠) Aronis
  3. (♦ ♥ ♠) Elekitu
  4. (♦ ♥ ♠) Not_Mafia
  5. (♦ ♥ ♠) Shadoweh
  6. (♦ ♥ ♠) StrangerCoug
  7. (♦ ♥ ♠) Town Mafioso

Deadline for bids via PM will be Monday 9pm EDT. If all bids are submitted early, I will reveal early.

(expired on 2016-07-11 20:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #47) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:18 am

Post by pablito »

Just over 30 hrs remaining for deadline.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #48) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by pablito »

Results!

First let's go to Town Mafioso!

Spoiler:

Town Mafioso has fainted! Town Mafioso has been modkilled! Down to six players already!

Elekitu?

Spoiler:

Got nothing. No card.

Aronis?

Spoiler:

♥HEARTS♥

Not_Mafia?

Spoiler:

Servers down. No card.

Shadoweh?

Spoiler:

♦DIAMONDS♦ Shadoweh in the lead!

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:

♠SPADES♠ Shadoweh in the lead!

animorpherv1?

Spoiler:

Server issues, no card. Shadoweh wins!

Final Results:

Spoiler:
  1. (♦ ♥ ♠) animorpherv1
  2. (♦ ♡ ♠) Aronis
  3. (♦ ♥ ♠) Elekitu
  4. (♦ ♥ ♠) Not_Mafia
  5. (♢ ♥ ♠) Shadoweh
  6. (♦ ♥ ♤) StrangerCoug
♢Diamonds♢: Shadoweh
♡Hearts♡: Aronis
♤Spades♤: StrangerCoug
No card: animorpherv1, Elekitu, Not_Mafia

Shadoweh has 24 hrs to shoot someone! Deadline Tuesday the 12th at 22:00 EDT. (expired on 2016-07-12 21:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #330 (isolation #49) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by pablito »

Okay. Deadlines reset and all that. Not mafia deaded.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #50) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by pablito »

Deadline 48 hrs. Wednesday 2300h edt. Eastern daylight. Update when I get home. (expired on 2016-07-13 22:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #333 (isolation #51) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by pablito »

Results!

Shadoweh?

Spoiler:
No card.

Aronis?

Spoiler:
No card.

animorpherv1?
Spoiler:
♠SPADES♠ animorpherv1 in the lead!

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:
♦DIAMONDS♦ StrangerCoug in the lead!

Elekitu?

Spoiler:
♥HEARTS♥ StrangerCoug wins!

Final Results:

Spoiler:
  1. (♦ ♥ ♤) animorpherv1
  2. (♦ ♡ ♠) Aronis
  3. (♦ ♡ ♠) Elekitu
  4. (♢ ♥ ♠) Shadoweh
  5. (♢ ♥ ♤) StrangerCoug
♢Diamonds♢: StrangerCoug
♡Hearts♡: Elekitu
♤Spades♤: animorpherv1
No card: Aronis, Shadoweh

StrangerCoug has 24 hrs to shoot someone! Deadline Thursday the 14th at 21:00 EDT. (expired on 2016-07-14 20:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #335 (isolation #52) » Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by pablito »

Not_Mafia and Elekitu have the opportunity to pledge cards to any other player still alive.

Deadline Friday for Round 3 bidding. 4 players remain!

Friday the 15th at 21:00 EDT

(expired on 2016-07-15 20:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #339 (isolation #53) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 6:50 am

Post by pablito »

If there are concerns with seeing the icons I can post letters instead. Just let me know if that is requested.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #342 (isolation #54) » Thu Jul 14, 2016 8:04 am

Post by pablito »

Me too.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #345 (isolation #55) » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:34 am

Post by pablito »

Results!

First StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:

Now Shadoweh?

Spoiler:

Animorpherv1?

Spoiler:

And finally Aronis?
Spoiler:

Final results:
Spoiler:
That's right! No one submitted a card. Uh oh that means we invoke the dead vote penalty rule. The remaining dead players (not_mafia and Elekitu) have 24 hours to publicly vote for which player they would like to lose their highest ranked card as a penalty for the unanimous vote. In the case of a tie or null vote then no one will lose a card. Once both votes are submitted for a player then results will be tabulated.

Deadline Saturday 18:30 edt
(expired on 2016-07-16 17:30:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #347 (isolation #56) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:05 am

Post by pablito »

Aronis (1)
: Not_Mafia
Not voting: Elekitu

If at deadline this is the vote then Aronis will lose his diamond.
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #57) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by pablito »

Ok. Shadoweh loses her heart :( and is only left with a spade of revenge.

48 hours for the next round of bidding! Deadline Monday 7:30 pm EDT. (expired on 2016-07-18 18:30:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #58) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by pablito »

Results!

Shadoweh?

Spoiler:

No card!

Aronis?

Spoiler:

♦DIAMONDS♦! Aronis in the lead.

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:

♥HEARTS♥! Aronis still in the lead.

animorpherv1?

Spoiler:

No card! Aronis wins the bullet!

Final Results:
Spoiler:
  1. (♦ ♥ ♤) animorpherv1
  2. (♢ ♡ ♠) Aronis
  3. (♢ ♡ ♠) Shadoweh
  4. (♢ ♡ ♤) StrangerCoug
♢Diamonds♢: Aronis
♡Hearts♡: Strangercoug
♤Spades♤: no one
No card: animorpherv1, Shadoweh

Aronis has 24 hrs to shoot someone! Deadline Monday the 18th at 22:30 EDT. (expired on 2016-07-18 21:30:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #361 (isolation #59) » Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:57 pm

Post by pablito »

Three players remain!

Round 5 bidding deadline Tuesday the 19th at 23:00. If I get all bids early, I will submit early, but with a 12 hour minimum (unless Elekitu also announces a choice of pledging or not for this round).

(expired on 2016-07-19 22:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #363 (isolation #60) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 5:00 am

Post by pablito »

Results!

StrangerCoug?
Spoiler:
Nothing. Off in a corner by himself.

Shadoweh?
Spoiler:
♠SPADES♠!

Aronis?
Spoiler:
♠SPADES♠! No one wins the bullet.

Final Results:
Spoiler:
(♢ ♡ ♤) Aronis
(♢ ♡ ♤) Shadoweh
(♢ ♡ ♤) StrangerCoug

♢Diamonds♢: none
♡Hearts♡: none
♤Spades♤: Aronis, Shadoweh
No card: StrangerCoug

All cards played - pledged cards now go into circulation! Each dead player still has one card remaining to pledge in the future.

(♦ ♥) Aronis
() Shadoweh
(♦ ♠) StrangerCoug

48 hours for next bidding deadline - Wednesday 12:00 noon EDT (expired on 2016-07-20 11:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #61) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by pablito »

Results!

Shadoweh?

Spoiler:
No card

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:
♦DIAMONDS!♦

Aronis?

Spoiler:
♦DIAMONDS!♦

Final Results:
Spoiler:
(♢ ♥) Aronis
() Shadoweh
(♢ ♠) StrangerCoug

♢Diamonds♢: Aronis, StrangerCoug
♡Hearts♡: none
♤Spades♤: none
No card: Shadoweh

Next round of bidding - 48 more hours. (expired on 2016-07-21 00:30:00) - Thursday 1:30 am
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #373 (isolation #62) » Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by pablito »

Results!

Shadoweh?

Spoiler:
Nothing.

StrangerCoug?

Spoiler:
♠SPADES♠!

Aronis?

Spoiler:
♥HEARTS♥!

Final Results:
Spoiler:
♢Diamonds♢: none
♡Hearts♡: Aronis
♤Spades♤: Strangercoug
No card: Shadoweh

Aronis has won the bullet! 24 hours to kill someone. As all cards are used...once again, they are refreshed with the current pledged cards.

Deadline Wednesday the 20th at 22:00 EDT (expired on 2016-07-20 21:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #376 (isolation #63) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 3:40 am

Post by pablito »

Two players remaining! 48 hours to bid or something.

(expired on 2016-07-22 10:00:00)
Sup, later.
pablito
pablito
Mafia Scum
pablito
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #380 (isolation #64) » Wed Jul 20, 2016 7:00 pm

Post by pablito »

Game over. Both players submitted the card before deadline. Aronis wins the bullet and will shoot StrangerCoug.

Congrats Aronis!

Game to return in the future perhaps in the winter unless someone else wants to run it in the meanwhile.
Sup, later.

Return to “Social Game Archive”