Tim
Goon
Tim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6051 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:02 am

Post by Tim »

In post 6050, Nosferatu wrote:
In post 6049, RachMarie wrote:did you kill him or just visit him?
oh ok I can see now, I was redirected, my results don't match storm's flip.
Details please.

Bacde claimed you visited Luna with your night action. you aren't saying what you did with Storm. checked them? used a role on them?
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6052 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:20 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5927, rb wrote:They visited Cephrir: Cephrir didn't die, he found out his race was Nosferatu and wanted to lynch him.
I obviously am not at the peak of my comprehension right now, bc I missed:

(a) Nosferatu visiting Cephrir
(b) Cephrir "not" dying!

For both (a) & (b) to be true, one must assume they occured on N1. However, Nosferatu is said to have visited ASoIaF on N1, and now I'm not sure who claimed whom did what!

Modded 2 Opens & 2 Large Themed games successfully.
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6053 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:27 am

Post by Wake1 »

Almost50, why are you ignoring my question?
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Tim
Tim
Goon
Tim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6054 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Tim »

In post 6054, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5927, rb wrote:They visited Cephrir: Cephrir didn't die, he found out his race was Nosferatu and wanted to lynch him.

(b) Cephrir "not" dying!

For both (a) & (b) to be true, one must assume they occured on N1. However, Nosferatu is said to have visited ASoIaF on N1, and now I'm not sure who claimed whom did what!
Bacde claimed Nos used his role on ASOIAF. Nos used his race check on Cephrir
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6055 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:38 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5931, MathBlade wrote:It seems to me that people need more pants less claims more scumhunting.
Finally we're getting closer to agreeing with eachother. I like the way you explained how ASoIaF role works referring to the FACT that Human!Titus had this in her role PM: "Any attempt to recruit you to a different faction will fail."

@rb:

Please, stop jumping to conclusions. I have you as 95% town, but your play is less than optimum. I agree you didn't "need" to out your Nation check result on Mathblade if you're not using it to build a case on them, and it's obvious you're NOT using it to build a case on them (in fact you're town reading them bc of it) so PLEASE keep the specific info about your TOWN reads to yourself unless you're using it to defend them.

Let me rephrase that: You have info about X and Y. X is a town read of yours, and Y is a scum read. You use the info on X to defend them WHEN NEEDED. Otherwise, just keep it quiet. You use the info on Y to make a case on them.

If you check the role PMs of the flipped there's obviously a mechanic that allows for a kill based on Nation/Location as well as one based on Race, so the less info about TOWN we know the less likely they could get targeted for a kill based on their Nation/Location and -also- less likely they can be targeted with a cult action.

Thank you for understanding, and PLEASE do not take this as an attack on your play, but consider it more of a friendly advice for the benefit of us all.

P-edit:

You are one of the WORST EVER, Wake. Like, the WHOLE SITE knows I respond to posts in the order they are posted in thread. I have yet to get to your "question" (whatever that might be). Give me some time to catch up and actually digest what I'm reading (better that than I do a reread bc I probably won't).

Nosferatu
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Nosferatu
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6056 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Nosferatu »

Ok, I guess I've sorta got a hold on what's happened last night. I've got two soft invest abilities. I used both on storm since I figured I'd get the more info that way, but I got redirected to RAM by the looks of it.
Almost50 wrote:

(b) Cephrir "not" dying!

I used my race on ceph and my other one on song N1, so yeah both are accurate.
BRASIL BRASIL BRASIL BRRRRR
last.fm
gtkas
Tim
Tim
Goon
Tim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6057 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Tim »

In post 6053, Tim wrote:Details please.

Bacde claimed you visited Luna with your night action. you aren't saying what you did with Storm. checked them? used a role on them?
Tim
Tim
Goon
Tim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6058 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:49 am

Post by Tim »

oh nvm.
Tim
Tim
Goon
Tim
Goon
Goon

Post Post #6059 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Tim »

actually wait no. bacde didn't say you checked storm with the race check
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6060 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:51 am

Post by A Song of Ice and Fire »

In post 6057, Almost50 wrote:Finally we're getting closer to agreeing with eachother. I like the way you explained how ASoIaF role works referring to the FACT that Human!Titus had this in her role PM: "Any attempt to recruit you to a different faction will fail."
Not confirming or denying this at all though. read what I said however you want.

@Nos so your sure you ended up targetting RAM last night ?
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6061 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:52 am

In post 6061, Tim wrote:actually wait no. bacde didn't say you checked storm with the race check
bacde wasn't watching storm was he
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6062 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:56 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5939, No Retreat wrote:n the hood? We are killing him too right if Bcade flips scum
Another one who is obviouly not reading, yet repeating the SHIT beeboy kept spewing. I an NOT a part of that PT, nor am I a part of ANY existing PT for that matter. Now go back and reread, and you'd find the ONLY ONE who insisted I was in that PT is SCUM-flipped Salt. I -on the other hand- kept asking Luna (and even Nahdia once) about the identities or even number of that PT members to no avail. On D1 I thought BBMolla was in it too (due to his claim), so get your facts right, dude.

A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6063 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 8:57 am

oh w8 if he was redirected to ram and bacde ended up watching barre he should have seen both check and his ability huh

~Ice
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6064 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5948, Wake1 wrote:We lynch LLD today, or I will throw a shit-fit.

And by shit-fit, I mean throwing this game into chaos until players come to their senses and lynch the other Scum faction player.
It really doesn't matter which of LLD/Bacde we lynch first. They're probably of the same faction. I could throw in 4 more players that I would not oppose lynching, but that would be "sending the town into chaos" as you put it. Look at the greater picture, mate. Whichever wagon of the two gains momentum is where you should vote.

A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6065 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:07 am

In post 6065, A Song of Ice and Fire wrote:oh w8 if he was redirected to ram and bacde ended up watching barre he should have seen both check and his ability huh

~Ice
actually no !
In post 5831, mastin2 wrote:During the night, you may redirect a player. You must choose "check" or "role" to redirect. You cannot redirect both.
I was just rechecking flips and I saw this in Ram's flip

~Ice
RachMarie
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
RachMarie
HUGS ♥
HUGS ♥

Post Post #6066 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:08 am

Post by RachMarie »

To peeps who are better at balancing games than I am

Is there a chance that both maf teams would have a redirector?

Because if not, we could lynch LLD then I could check bacde at night
BRAND NEW Get to know me http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=69243
Like the phoenix I am rising from the ashes
chilledtea: We played bad on day 2 when we lynched rach.

YT Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0psF_ ... Jpw/videos
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
A Song of Ice and Fire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6067 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:14 am

I doubt that bacade / KC were lieing about their role willingly like that,

its just has nothing to do with their faction

~Ice
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6068 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5965, Wake1 wrote:
And, with FIVE fucking kills, I'm pretty damned sure we have a Serial Killer, too. MEANING, the Towniest fucking player could be a Serial Killer!
I seriously don't know whether to laugh or cry. Titus (Town Hero) could kill. This ALONE leads me to believe -at least- 3 more town killers (we know there IS an Individual Human faction, and I can't see them being w/o a Vig of their own since the West did have one. We also know there are two more Heros mentioned in her role PM, specifically the East and the North Heroes.)

Now we also know the Isolationist Scum Faction had a factional kill, and if Wuldens are "not" the cult then that's the 5th kill. If Wuldens ARE the Cult though, then your SK might be your World Destroyer or something, but I seriously doubt there'd be a stand-alone SK in a 28-players game. I mean, they'd be required to survive 5 kills per night (since we ended up with 5 tonight, and Titus is already dead). I won't even talk about their killing targets. They probably should not have killed anyone tonight and hoped that more killing roles would flip to cover for the other 4 kills before they started acting. Right now EVERYBODY (and I mean every single player/faction other than the SK themselves) will be looking for them.

Suffice it to say, multiple kills are due to multiple factions and multiple killing roles and not necessarily due to a stand-alone killer, although IF a 4th Isolationist is still alive they've pretty much turned into a SK by now if they hadn't recruited anyone.

Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6069 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:47 am

Post by Bacde »

In post 6036, Almost50 wrote:
In post 5875, Bacde wrote:I love how you guys are like "aggression=scum"

When did I move to bizarro world
Let me try and make things clear to you:

IF you're UNDEAD I would have expected you to not care anymore. Why? Bc the win con clearly says ANOTHER ONE of you must be alive for you to win. In other words you already lost (if you're the last one standing), and the fact that you still care clearly tells me you're not UNDEAD to begin with. That AND the "there might me a spy in your PT" bit are confirming each other, thus YOU ARE the "spy" in that PT.

The spy -if existent- is a Wulden, thus YOU are a Wulden, and Wuldens are strongly suspected to be the "other" scum faction in this game, thus you are heavily suspected of being SCUM.

Does the above help you understand or is it still misty to you?
Wtf? My win con doesn't say that. If I survive and town (I think) wins my whole faction wins
Bacde
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Bacde
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6070 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Bacde »

I guess I could have been redirected all my results just say "your target" not Luna foc
Wake1
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Wake1
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6071 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:58 am

Post by Wake1 »

In post 6070, Almost50 wrote:but I seriously doubt there'd be a stand-alone SK in a 28-players game.
Kay,
that's
naive.

I always include SKs in games over 21 players, and in a Theme game I'd be salivating over additional 3rd party Scum individuals that may or may not be able to kill, but have far-reaching abilities.
"It's wise to be... cautious... with Wake."
— House*
"What Wake lacks in charisma, he makes up for it in pure analytic power."
— Nosferatu*
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6072 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 5986, rb wrote:But whatever I'm just tin-foil hatting right now.

Honestly though I must just be inexperienced at multi-ball because it seems so fucking weird that I'm being asked by what I'm like 95% sure is a town player to do the thing in a SCUM FACTION WINCON and kill a Wulden. It feels so disgusting but I think I'm starting to accept it's the right play for town...I think?
It is not that hard a concept to grasp. In any given Mafia game the Scum are required to eliminate OTHER SCUM and outnumber Town. In a single ball game there are NO OTHER SCUM so they only win when they outnumber Town. If there's a SK though the game only ends when they're DEAD even if Mafia already controls 50% of the votes, bc the SK might not (and should not) side by them ==> NL then the SK may still kill them at night. In Multiball (say Mafia + WWs) one of the two teams must be eliminated before the game ends in favour of the other (again, bc of the NK).

In THIS game we don't have "Mafia" and "Werewolves", so the "Other Scum" had to be included in the Isolationists PM for them to know who they must eliminate and whom to just outnumber. Had this not been the case the Isolationists would have -wrongfully- assumed they needed to just control 50% of the votes, or (unlikely, but they could've deduced) they needed to kill off just about everyone who was not in their faction to win it.

Cerberus v666
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Cerberus v666
Let's Be Reasonable
Let's Be Reasonable

Post Post #6073 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:14 am

Post by Cerberus v666 »

Ugh. I spend an entire day defending my scum partner, and I don't even get the pleasure of wriggling my way out of the lynch I deserved.
GTK a me, currently live, this may be your only chance!
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=78521&p=10688009#p10688009
Almost50
Almost50
Monkey Business
Almost50
Monkey Business
Monkey Business

Post Post #6074 (ISO) » Thu Jul 28, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Almost50 »

In post 6006, RachMarie wrote:RAM probably redirected your action with someone elses
Checking the flips:
RAM did NOT redirect anyone's action on N2. This is from their role PM:“When you perform
no night actions
(checks do count as a night action), during the night,
you are immune to nightkills.
”, and they did get killed on N2.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”