Post by Nahdia »

Votecount 5.00

Not Voting (4):
MURDERCAT, Accountant, Xkfyu, Impoetic

With 4 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline:
(expired on 2016-08-14 23:30:00)

It is now Day 5.
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1976 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by MURDERCAT »

Accountant you are all but confirmed. If we no lynch today you will die, so I think we should just go for it. You are driving this thing now though.

Xk and Impo, please post your best evidence that the other one is scum and go ahead and claim too for good measure. Reasons you can't be scum with Tam/Ira will also be accepted.

FWIW, I'm feeling very confident we are going to win this.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1977 (ISO) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:21 pm

Post by Accountant »

for the record xkfyu is significantly more scummy in my eyes than either impo or murder, so xk if you're town I suggest you make a damn good case against whoever you think is scum
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1978 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:12 am

Post by Xkfyu »

I'm getting caught up from the weekend. I'll post my thoughts shortly.
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1979 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:22 am

Post by Accountant »

I'd like to apologize to Sonrio for being wrong about him. Sonrio, may your soul rest peacefully in the dead thread.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1980 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:41 am

Post by Xkfyu »

Ok time for a little VCA.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.17
In post 951, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.17

Tam
(4):
Bacde
JaeReed
, MURDERCAT, Impoetic
Robbnva
(1):
Tam

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

iraonavp
(1):
Accountant
evilpacman18
(1):
JarJarDrinks

Not Voting (4):
Robbnva
Sonrio
evilpacman18
, Xkfyu
This was right after Robbnva replaced Trivium. I had been scum reading Trvium, until I saw his confirmation bias, causing me to town read him.

Accountant was voting ira, while Tam was the vote leader. If scum Accountant wanted to distance from a buddy, he could have just voted Tam, instead of ifa. That makes me think Accountant is town with a legitimate scum read on ira.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.18
In post 1000, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.18

Tam
(4):
Bacde
JaeReed
, MURDERCAT, Impoetic
Sonrio
(2):
JarJarDrinks
, Xkfyu
Robbnva
(1):
Tam

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

iraonavp
(1):
Accountant

Not Voting (3):
Robbnva
Sonrio
evilpacman18
Pretty much the same as above, except JarJar and I were both voting Sonrio. Accountant still probably town. Which means that one of MURDERCAT and Impoetic are on the Tam wagon for the bus.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.19
In post 1075, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.19

Tam
(4):
Bacde
JaeReed
, Xkfyu,
JarJarDrinks

Robbnva
(1):
Tam

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

iraonavp
(1):
Accountant

Not Voting (5):
Robbnva
Sonrio
evilpacman18
, Impoetic, MURDERCAT
Before this VC, JarJar and I both move back to Tam in posts and respectively, putting her on L-1. MC immediately unvotes Tam in , and Impoetic unvotes in .

Spoiler: Votecount 1.20
In post 1175, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.20

Tam
(5):
Bacde
JaeReed
, Xkfyu,
JarJarDrinks
, Accountant
Xkfyu (1):
MURDERCAT
Robbnva
(1):
Tam

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (4):
Robbnva
Sonrio
evilpacman18
, Impoetic
MC starts the counter wagon on me, knowing that JR would follow him and that Rob was fine with lynching me.

Accountant has now moved to Tam, but ira stays on Accountant. Again, this move looks genuine to me. The fact that ira didn't vote Tam suggests that scum weren't trying to bus here.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.21
In post 1230, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.21

Tam
(4):
Bacde
, Xkfyu,
JarJarDrinks
, Accountant
Xkfyu (3):
MURDERCAT,
JaeReed
Robbnva

Robbnva
(1):
Tam

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (3):
Sonrio
evilpacman18
, Impoetic
JR and Rob have now voted me, and I'm a serious counter wagon to Tam.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.22
In post 1327, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.22

Xkfyu (3):
MURDERCAT,
JaeReed
xSoniaNevermindx

Tam
(2):
Bacde
, Accountant
evilpacman18
(2):
Xkfyu,
JarJarDrinks

xSoniaNevermindx
(1):
Tam

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (3):
Sonrio
evilpacman18
, Impoetic
JarJar and I are voting pacman now, giving the vote lead to me. I started that move to see who was really willing to switch (explained in ). I moved back to Tam in the following post.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.23
In post 1378, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.23

Tam
(4):
Bacde
, Accountant, Impoetic, Xkfyu
Xkfyu (3):
MURDERCAT,
JaeReed
xSoniaNevermindx

evilpacman18
(1):
JarJarDrinks

xSoniaNevermindx
(1):
Tam

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (2):
Sonrio
evilpacman18
I'm back to voting Tam, but I'm still the coutner wagon to Tam.

Spoiler: Votecounts 1.24 and 1.25
VCs 1.24 and 1.25 are unchanged from VC 1.23, except for that Tam unvoted Sonia.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.26
In post 1525, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.26

Tam
(5):
Bacde
, Accountant, Impoetic, Xkfyu,
evilpacman18

Xkfyu (3):
MURDERCAT,
JaeReed
xSoniaNevermindx

evilpacman18
(1):
JarJarDrinks

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (2):
Sonrio
Tam
Pacman has voted Tam. At this point, Tam and i have been the only major wagons for a long while. I really can't imagine that NO scum has been on my wagon, but we know that neither Tam nor ira ever voted me. This really makes me think that MC is scum.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.27
In post 1550, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.27

Tam
(5):
Bacde
evilpacman18

evilpacman18
(4):
JarJarDrinks
, MURDERCAT,
JaeReed
iraonavp

Not Voting (3):
Sonrio
Tam
xSoniaNevermindx
There is no further interest in lynching me, so MC follows JarJar onto pacman, with JR following him, along with ira.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.28
In post 1575, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.28

Tam
(6):
Bacde
evilpacman18
Sonrio

evilpacman18
(5):
JarJarDrinks
, MURDERCAT,
JaeReed
iraonavp
Tam

Not Voting (1):
xSoniaNevermindx
And now Tam.

Spoiler: Votecount 1.29
In post 1595, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 1.29:

evilpacman18
(7):
JarJarDrinks
, MURDERCAT,
JaeReed
iraonavp
Tam
, Impoetic,
xSoniaNevermindx

Tam
(5):
Bacde
, Accountant, Xkfyu,
evilpacman18
Sonrio

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
And then Sonia hammers. This final D1 vote count still leads me to believe that Accountant is town, and that either MC or Impoetic are scum. I'm going with MC.

He was fine to vote for Tam earlier, but once she got to L-1, he was really pushing for someone else to be lynched, other than her.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1981 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:04 am

Post by Xkfyu »

VCA for D2.

Spoiler: Votecount 2.01
In post 1650, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 2.01

Tam
(2):
Accountant,
JaeReed

JarJarDrinks
(2):
Impoetic, MURDERCAT
Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (4):
JarJarDrinks
Sonrio
, Xkfyu,
Tam
Tam is obviously getting another wagon in D2, after pacman flips town. Again, we see MC trying to avoid that wagon.

Spoiler: Votecount 2.02
In post 1702, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 2.02

Tam
(3):
Accountant,
JaeReed
, Impoetic
JarJarDrinks
(1):
MURDERCAT

Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (4):
JarJarDrinks
Sonrio
, Xkfyu,
Tam
You could have said, after that last VC, that Impoetic was also avoiding the Tam wagon, but we see here that Impoetic moves to Tam fairly easily, making Tam the vote leader.

Spoiler: Votecount 2.03
In post 1760, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 2.03

Genji
(2):
Accountant,
JaeReed

Xkfyu (1):
Genji

Sonrio
(1):
JarJarDrinks

JarJarDrinks
(1):
MURDERCAT
Accountant (1):
iraonavp

Not Voting (3):
Sonrio
, Xkfyu, Impoetic
Genji has replaced Tam. Accountant still voting for Genji, and MC still on JarJar.

Spoiler: Votecount 2.04
In post 1813, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 2.04

Genji
(4):
Accountant,
JaeReed
JarJarDrinks
iraonavp

Xkfyu (1):
Genji

JarJarDrinks
(1):
MURDERCAT

Not Voting (3):
Sonrio
, Xkfyu, Impoetic
Ira has moved to Genji. Obviously to get the town credits.

Spoiler: Votecount 2.05
In post 1818, Nahdia wrote:
Votecount 2.05

Genji
(5):
Accountant,
JaeReed
JarJarDrinks
iraonavp
Genji

JarJarDrinks
(1):
MURDERCAT

Not Voting (3):
Sonrio
, Xkfyu, Impoetic

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.
Now, here's what is really scary. Genji self hammers here. Why do that in this situation? If you're gonna give up and self hammer as scum, then why not let your scum buddy hammer to at least try and win some town credit?

The answer could simply be that all her buddies were already on her wagon. This is the first thing that I have seen that makes me suspect Accountant. However, if he's scum, then all of the "ira is definitely scum" stuff was nothing more than one enormous bus.

I'm pretty sure that it isn't Impoetic now. So, it has to be one of the two heavily town read players. Is it MC, who avoided the Tam/Genji wagon (possibly the most obvious choice), or is it the least obvious choice, Accountant, which would mean that he hard bussed both of his buddies for the first 3 day phases?
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1982 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:11 am

Post by Accountant »

Now, here's what is really scary. Genji self hammers here. Why do that in this situation? If you're gonna give up and self hammer as scum, then why not let your scum buddy hammer to at least try and win some town credit?

The answer could simply be that all her buddies were already on her wagon
Traditionally scum self hammer to cut short day and deny information to town doing VCAs. Also at that point Genji was such a goner that any towncred from hammering him was approximately 0

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1983 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 4:21 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1982, Accountant wrote:

The answer could simply be that all her buddies were already on her wagon
Traditionally scum self hammer to cut short day and deny information to town doing VCAs. Also at that point Genji was such a goner that any towncred from hammering him was approximately 0
I don't disagree with you. There was very little town credit to be had, especially since JR counter claimed him.

I just know that if I had been Genji, I would have just told my remaining buddy hammer me, instead of doing it myself. Similarly, had I been Genji's buddy, I would have taken the opportunity to hammer him myself, instead of letting him do it.

Like I said though, it's the only real thing that I can point to that makes me suspicious of you. I'm still leaning heavily towards MC being the last scum.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1984 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:11 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1976, MURDERCAT wrote:Accountant you are all but confirmed. If we no lynch today you will die, so I think we should just go for it. You are driving this thing now though.
If Accountant is town, he is definitely gonna die tonight, regardless of whether we lynch or not. No lynching really isn't an option, though.
In post 1976, MURDERCAT wrote:Xk and Impo, please post your best evidence that the other one is scum and go ahead and claim too for good measure. Reasons you can't be scum with Tam/Ira will also be accepted.
I'll gladly answer any questions from anyone, but I won't town case myself. No one should ever listen to someone town casing themselves.

Also, I'm pretty sure that Impoetic is town. So, I'm not going to manufacture some fake scum case on her.

The irony of this post is that you clearly said that Accountant is in the driver's seat, while simultaneously trying to take the lead by putting forth Impoetic and I as the only two lynch candidates for today.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1985 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:59 am

Post by Impoetic »

ugh I CBA to read this and elaborate on what i saw in xkfyu but don't prod me yet I'll do this in a day or so when I'm safely home with my cats and not on a 17 hour flight or feeling apathetic about everything

I was feeling pretty confident it was xkfyu w/o even reading murdercata nd accountant bc I tr them both and jaereed hard tr'd them but the fact that xkfyu doesn't sr me according to the bottom post on this page -- which i only read like a couple words of by chance, mind you -- is a tiny bit worrisome. Not sure how much i should be upsettled (fake word is intentionally fake) by this and will perhaps contemplate it on the wya home but yeah

this is a really long prod dodge and my way of procrastinating on packing i hate packing my mom's making me unpack all my clothes and actually FOLD THEM aaaaaah :c
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1986 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:04 pm

Post by Accountant »

If Accountant is town, he is definitely gonna die tonight, regardless of whether we lynch or not.
Does this imply you don't think we'll lynch scum since you said I'm dead whether or not we lynch and if we lynch scum I'll win without dying

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1987 (ISO) » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:31 pm

Post by Accountant »

While we wait on Impo, xkfyu are you going to do a day 3 VCA?

MURDERCAT
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
MURDERCAT
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1988 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:19 am

Post by MURDERCAT »

Day 3 vca is meaningless
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1989 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:24 am

Post by Accountant »

oh right day 3 was the ira lynch lmao

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1990 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 1:28 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1986, Accountant wrote:
If Accountant is town, he is definitely gonna die tonight, regardless of whether we lynch or not.
Does this imply you don't think we'll lynch scum since you said I'm dead whether or not we lynch and if we lynch scum I'll win without dying
Did I really need to include the implied statement "unless we lynch scum" in that sentence? Seems a bit silly.
Impoetic
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Impoetic
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Location: off in space, absentmindedly pouring coffee grounds in the water reservoir.

Post Post #1991 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Impoetic »

OK

so xkfyu for me is primarily poe, coupled with a lot of his posts lately being sort of filler-under-the-guise-of-content, which I tend to SR. I had a particular qualm with his post near the end of D1 I’ll get back to later if I remember it when i reread it.

Also, although my initial reaction was one of surprise, it actually makes a lot of sense for scum!XK to SR Murdercat here over me, strategically speaking. A) It could be a form of wifom, since he’s going against the tides, which, I mean, fooled me for a while if it’s the case and B) knowing he’d probably get lynched today or tomorrow if things were allowed to go their natural course based on current standings would obviously leave this as an easily-foreseeable tactic.

Re: VC 1.21: how can you claim you’re a serious counterwagon due to two votes from confirmed townies? If MCAT wanted to create a counterwagon, why would they have even voted that slot before anyone else did? The optimal move would be to latch onto Tam or Ira’s votes, assuming there wasn’t an obvious indicator of intent from robb/Jae beforehand. (I know nothing about VCA so correct me if I’m wrong, all.)

Also, re: VC 2.05:
I realize you’re way more into this vote count analysis thing than I as of yet but I find it hard to believe that’s “really scary” to you when you’re also fairly confident in Accountant being town (or project yourself to be such). It’s a single move by scum that is actually a meta I’ve read about before and you probably have too. This game is now 80 pages long and there’s not even any dialogue outside of the vote count that could flesh out your “scare.”

I’m sorry if this is just confbias speaking, but it seems fake.

And this was related to what I wanted to say yesterday, IIRC, but where does your TR on me actually
come
from? You say that at the end of the post right after the Accountant comment, and you’ve voiced it before a couple times, yet I don’t think you ever gave an explanation or, if you did, it apparently wasn’t very convincing to me — and I’m me!

I do wanna know why MCat was so opposed to the tam lynch though. All I remember is emphatic one-liners like “the tam lynch is hella bad” or something. xD I suck
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1992 (ISO) » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:39 pm

Post by Accountant »

I want to lynch Xkfyu. His arguments didn't significantly sway my opinion

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1993 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:18 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:Re: VC 1.21: how can you claim you’re a serious counterwagon due to two votes from confirmed townies? If MCAT wanted to create a counterwagon, why would they have even voted that slot before anyone else did? The optimal move would be to latch onto Tam or Ira’s votes, assuming there wasn’t an obvious indicator of intent from robb/Jae beforehand. (I know nothing about VCA so correct me if I’m wrong, all.)
How can you claim that I'm not? One of those confirmed towns (JR) was just sheeping MC at the time, and MC knew that.
In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:Also, re: VC 2.05:
I realize you’re way more into this vote count analysis thing than I as of yet but I find it hard to believe that’s “really scary” to you when you’re also fairly confident in Accountant being town (or project yourself to be such). It’s a single move by scum that is actually a meta I’ve read about before and you probably have too. This game is now 80 pages long and there’s not even any dialogue outside of the vote count that could flesh out your “scare.”
That's the only thing that scared me at all about Accountant. Everything else has pointed to him being town. It's "scary" because I know I would have let my buddy hammer me in that situation, and if Accountant is scum, then there is no way that we win this game.
In post 1991, Impoetic wrote:And this was related to what I wanted to say yesterday, IIRC, but where does your TR on me actually come from?
My town read on you comes from your posts.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1994 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:27 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1992, Accountant wrote:I want to lynch Xkfyu. His arguments didn't significantly sway my opinion
I really have no problems with being lynched. I knew full well that that was likely going to happen today, as it's the next logical step coming from a town mindset.

Just remember this in D6
In post 1976, MURDERCAT wrote:Accountant you are all but confirmed. If we no lynch today you will die, so I think we should just go for it. You are driving this thing now though.

Xk and Impo, please post your best evidence that the other one is scum and go ahead and claim too for good measure. Reasons you can't be scum with Tam/Ira will also be accepted.

FWIW, I'm feeling very confident we are going to win this.
Notice here that MC really doesn't care who is lynched. It's plain to see that, between Impoetic and I, the one with the worst evidence against the other one will be his lynch target today.

So, let's not delay this any longer than need be. Either vote with me, or vote against me.

VOTE: MURDERCAT
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1995 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:30 am

Post by Accountant »

Uhhhhhh xkfyu are you aware this is mylo

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1996 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:31 am

Post by Accountant »

So, let's not delay this any longer than need be. Either vote with me, or vote against me.
VOTE: Xkfyu

Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1997 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:32 am

Post by Accountant »

Sorry but I don't buy your shit, if MCAT or impo are scum they deserve to win anyways

Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1998 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1995, Accountant wrote:Uhhhhhh xkfyu are you aware this is mylo
Shit, you're right. We're 4, not 5.
Xkfyu
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Xkfyu
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1999 (ISO) » Wed Aug 03, 2016 1:39 am

Post by Xkfyu »

In post 1995, Accountant wrote:Uhhhhhh xkfyu are you aware this is mylo
That makes my point about MC even stronger though, and perfectly explains why he doesn't care which one of us is lynched.

Plus, he's been buddying you really hard the last 2 day phases.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”