California Trilogy - Dantès in Fresno (Game Over!)

Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1550 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:00 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Well, that was interesting. Question to Zindaras - what the
fuck
was that? Yeah, how about we
don't
try to lynch people at the last second before they're even given the opportunity to claim? I know it sounds a little crazy, but I really think it could work.

What is this, Foolinc, the second time you've claimed to have made a mistake in your protection?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1551 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:12 pm

Post by foolinc »

Sarcastro wrote:Well, that was interesting. Question to Zindaras - what the
fuck
don't
try to lynch people at the last second before they're even given the opportunity to claim? I know it sounds a little crazy, but I really think it could work.

What is this, Foolinc, the second time you've claimed to have made a mistake in your protection?
Well since I only stopped someone from being lynched twice, I'd say I make three mistakes.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1552 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:16 pm

Post by foolinc »

I meant once not twice.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1553 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:09 pm

Post by Talitha »

I think foolinc might have been recruited by the mafia. That could explain the mentioning of all the characters early on (trying to signal the mafia?), and why he is still alive now. I have asked about this before and only got a snarky reply, but
would that fit with the doctor character in the book???
Someone must be familiar with the story, please speak up.

Foolinc, could you please list all of your night choices in one post?
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1554 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:46 pm

Post by Talitha »

I also want you to explain again exactly why you use your secret word every game day. It seems odd considering that no-one else has thought that this is necessary, or if they have they certainly haven't drawn attention to it.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1555 (ISO) » Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:40 pm

Post by Setael »

He has been asked why he has to say his word before and never responded to the question. Maybe any of the scum who are fake claiming have to say "fake" every day that the town doesn't wise up and lynch them. That would be so awesomely too obvious. If I ever mod, I'm totally doing that.

Either way, I don't buy it. This is the 3rd night the mafia has opted not to NK the doc which makes no sense since he is a big hindrance to them and can potentially mess up their NKs. I think he didn't protect the mason (or at least the player he should've thought was a mason if he was town) because he's not really a doc. Oh and here's another thing I thought of. If he really was a doc, the mafia would've expected him to protect logic because of the mason claim and they would therefore not have targeted logic for fear of wasting their NK on the person the doc would OBVIOUSLY be protecting. The fact that they targeted logic with no worries that he would be protected by a doc cements it for me.

vote: foolinc
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1556 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:00 am

Post by foolinc »

Talitha wrote:I also want you to explain again exactly why you use your secret word every game day. It seems odd considering that no-one else has thought that this is necessary, or if they have they certainly haven't drawn attention to it.
Superstition. And please answer this question. If I was scum, what would be the reasoning for me doing what I am doing?

And I'm positive I've already said this in a post before.
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1557 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 2:02 am

Post by foolinc »

Knew I've answer this question before.
foolinc wrote:
Sarcastro wrote:I don't get it, Foolinc. Is there some kind of requirement that you have to say your secret word every day? Did I miss something?
I'm looking at it this way. I've used it every day and nothing bad has happened because of it. So why would I stop?

Besides, for all I know it could be linked to my ability as a doctor (after VitR's role name, I'm not ruling out any form of mod bastardry).
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1558 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:01 am

Post by Setael »

Interesting that you totally ignored my post and vote on you.
foolinc wrote:If I was scum, what would be the reasoning for me doing what I am doing?
Here are a few possibilities:
1) The one I've already mentioned, that scum who have fake claimed have to say "fake" once each day.
2) You know something about secret words we don't... like maybe if mafia say their secret word every day they are immune to investigation. That's a pretty big benefit, so it makes sense that you would not be allowed to hide the word in your text but have to make it obvious the way you do.
3) Or maybe it's just that if we say our secret word each day we are immune to NK or something like that so you're hoping it will make you immune to investigation.
4) You don't really have a secret word and are trying to be sure we all think you have one. (I have an ongoing theory that scum don't have one since some of the players I find scummiest have never said they do and have danced around it trying to
imply
that they do without actually saying they do).

I don't believe the superstition answer for a second. If that's true, why didn't you say the first time you made it so obvious you were saying your word "Hey guys I'm kind of superstitious so I'm going to say my word every day so a black cat doesn't eat me." Superstition is not a good enough reason to do something that makes you stand out so much. If you are town, it is very anti-town for you to do something like that without giving a reason up front. I also find it odd that you draw attention to it the way you do. If you just wanted to say it because you're superstitious why wouldn't you hide it in your text as subtly as possible?
foolinc wrote:I'm looking at it this way. I've used it every day and nothing bad has happened because of it. So why would I stop?
This also made no sense. A lot of us have never used our secret word or even hinted that we have one and nothing bad has happened to us either... so where are you getting this logic?

So that reason didn't fly...

Wanna try again?
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1559 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:37 am

Post by Gaspar »

Talitha wrote:I think foolinc might have been recruited by the mafia. That could explain the mentioning of all the characters early on (trying to signal the mafia?), and why he is still alive now. I have asked about this before and only got a snarky reply, but
The "recruited by the mafia" observation is interesting, and (as much as I'd hate to admit it given how dead-set I was on you being scum yesterday) something I see as a somewhat protown sign, but I'm awfully curious to know how you got "recruited by the mafia" as opposed to "dirty lying scumbag from the start."

Saetel wrote:Either way, I don't buy it. This is the 3rd night the mafia has opted not to NK the doc which makes no sense since he is a big hindrance to them and can potentially mess up their NKs.
It's not the "Scums left Foolinc alive" that gets me. I can't recall any specific games off the top of my head, but I've seen games where the scums leave the Doc alive for the WIFOM of it all.

The kill on Logic is definitely alarming, especially when combined with Foolinc's repeated poor decision-making. The each kill choice seems like really logical choices for the scums to make. BM claimed to be an info role (and given the alignment "Parisian Mafia," it's obvious that a rolename cop would have been quite damning for the scums). Skruffs had softclaimed a role with an ability. I don't think there was a single person in the game who really suspected VitR. And Logic had just claimed a confirmable-innocent role. If the scums were dancing around the "really obvious kill choices" and killing fringe players, I could understand it. But it's as if they don't even need to worry about there
being
a doctor. The most logical explanation for this would be the existence of a Mafia Roleblocker -- a possibility which I am definitely not yet willing to discount.

I look forward to hearing from TSS, given that MBL's been riding the top of my suspicion list for a couple of days now.

I still want Zindie to explain why he felt his earlier fence-sitting was justifiable. Consciously choosing not to try to contribute to a lynch is something I cannot comprehend, and wishy-washiness/indecision is definitely a scumtell in my book, whether you hide it or flaunt it.

Vote: the silent speaker
, Zindaras, Talitha, Foolinc, DP, Saetel, [Pooky, Tamuz], [IH, Sarcastro], No Lynch, Gaspar
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1560 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:50 am

Post by Setael »

I suppose there could be a mafia roleblocker. It is weird that foolinc hasn't been counterclaimed if he's lying. If there's a real doc out there who hasn't counterclaimed in order to stay hidden, that real doc would've protected logicticus. *sigh* I still don't believe superstition as a reason, but I'll let it go for now.

unvote
Tamuz
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Tamuz
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1561 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:00 am

Post by Tamuz »

Guess what guys!
Our mason was a lover.

Cool no?
This is a bad time for my season to end and me to go on a three-day drinking binge.

Loggy's top suspicions're still CES/Setael and IH, I add foolinc from my own suspicion list, I just don't trust him.

Interesting thing loggy told me that he didn't put up is that CES's playstyle here is the playstyle he has had as scum in the past... not taking stances but being there.

Meh.
Tamuz is the expression of the alienated, of the ambitious, of the dispossessed.
Mr. Grey
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mr. Grey
Mystery Host
Mystery Host

Post Post #1562 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:22 am

Post by Mr. Grey »

Broken Heart

As Tamuz finishes his thoughts, he looks up at the sun, rising above the courtyard wall.

"Isn't that beautiful? Valentine loved the sun. And now she'll... she'll..."

He breaks off, sobbing. One of the guests puts a comforting hand on his shoulder. He angrily pushes it away.

"You don't understand!"

"I do, believe it or not. You loved her. And now she's dead. And gone. But she'll live on in your heart."

"It's not
that
. It's just that we never even got to..."

He trails off as his eyes go wide and he clutches at his chest. He collapses.

Later, Mr. Grey declares that he has died of a heart attack, but the guests know the truth - he died of a broken heart. And possibly of not getting laid.

Possibly the poison he took when he saw Valentine's dead body helped too.

Dear Diary,

Ignore my previous entry. Things have livened up a bit again. Thanks for your help, though.

Tamuz (Maximillien Morrel, Innocent) is dead. With 10 alive, it remains 6 to lynch.
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1563 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:35 am

Post by IH »

Placeholder post so I don't get replaced.

See I'm posting. Why is foolinc still alive, btw. -_-; Seriously.

By that I don't necessarily mean lynch.
Untrod Tripod (7:27:18 PM): you enjoy whoring
xcaykex (7:27:24 PM): yes
xcaykex (7:27:26 PM): i know that
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1564 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:04 am

Post by Setael »

Any ideas what the word count thing means?
Zindaras
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Zindaras
Mr(s) Popularity
Mr(s) Popularity

Post Post #1565 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 11:49 am

Post by Zindaras »

fuck
don't
No lynch=bad, remember? I tried to get the best lynch I could, which would basically have been any lynch yesterday.
Gaspar wrote:I still want Zindie to explain why he felt his earlier fence-sitting was justifiable. Consciously choosing not to try to contribute to a lynch is something I cannot comprehend, and wishy-washiness/indecision is definitely a scumtell in my book, whether you hide it or flaunt it.
I felt I wasn't ready to make a decision, period.

I think foolinc is town. I believe his claim. I think Tally's suggestion was rather silly: such roles are extremely rare and generally unbalanced as well. The Mafia probably have something which means they can ignore foolinc and see if they can get him lynched.
Show
Finished: 159 (120 Town, 33 Mafia, 5 Other, 1 Cult, 4 Cultivated)
68 Wins, 71 Losses
Town: 52 Wins, 54 Losses (2 Wins as Cult)
Mafia: 13 Wins, 15 Losses (1 Win as Cult)
Other: 3 Wins, 1 Loss (1 Win as Cult)
Cult: 0 Wins, 1 Loss
Cultivated: 4 Wins, 0 Losses
59 Survived, 31 Lynched, 60 Killed
foolinc
foolinc
Goon
foolinc
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1566 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:28 pm

Post by foolinc »

Talitha wrote:I think foolinc might have been recruited by the mafia. That could explain the mentioning of all the characters early on (trying to signal the mafia?), and why he is still alive now. I have asked about this before and only got a snarky reply, but

Foolinc, could you please list all of your night choices in one post?
Night 1: LML
Night 2: LML
Night 3: Gaspar
Night 4: Zindaras
Sarcastro
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastro
Sarcastric
Sarcastric

Post Post #1567 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:29 pm

Post by Sarcastro »

Zindaras wrote:
fuck
don't
No lynch=bad, remember? I tried to get the best lynch I could, which would basically have been any lynch yesterday.
Lynching MBL or Logicticus would have given us a lot more information. I've basically been everybody's second-place Condorcet throw-in. Had you even expressed suspicion of me before the last minute of yesterday?
[color=darkblue]If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.[/color]
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1568 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:53 pm

Post by IH »

Why did you target zindy last night?
Gaspar
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Gaspar
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1569 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:29 pm

Post by Gaspar »

foolinc wrote: protected the person lowest on the voting lists, Zindaras.
You should try reading foolinc's posts, IH.

Sarc, same deal to you: Zindaras said that he looked at the vote count and you/MBL were tied,
while he had MBL ahead of you
. Lynch without claim > No Lynch; unfortunately, as Grey pointed out yesterday, the tiebreaker methods listed on the condorcet counting website are inaccurate.

I want to hear from Pooky. I am interested to know how I became his top suspect.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1570 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:35 pm

Post by Talitha »

Zindy: I would not say that a traitor role is "extremely rare". I have seen it in mith and DP games before. And can you please explain the "unbalanced" comment further? I don't understand how one role on its own could be considered unbalanced without knowing all the other roles in the game.

Having said that, the mafia roleblocker idea is also possible, and something I hadn't thought of.
Talitha
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Talitha
Dr. Dead
Dr. Dead

Post Post #1571 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 3:41 pm

Post by Talitha »

Y'all are going to make me read the damn book myself, arent you? I dont have the bloody time! :evil:
:wink:
the silent speaker
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
the silent speaker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1572 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:22 pm

Post by the silent speaker »

Hi all. I haven't fully caught up yet, but I'm slowly but surely plowing through.

I think, regarding the secret word question, that someone who has one and knows what it does may have reason not to tell
ipso facto
; but a wise player who has a secret word and doesn't know what frequency to use it inters it into every post as a simple precaution. (It would have to be buried in case the mod does not consider "P.S. Kangaroo!" a valid use of a secret word; I might not, as a mod.) The fact that foolinc does not appear to have done this piques my interest, especially since he himself commented, "Besides, for all I know it could be linked to my ability as a doctor."

Thrown up for comparison:
IH wrote:Why is foolinc still alive, btw. -_-; Seriously.
Zindaras wrote:I think foolinc is town. I believe his claim. ... The Mafia probably have something which means they can ignore foolinc and see if they can get him lynched.
This smacks of "good cop-bad cop" tactics by two people who both know too much. Will pay especial attention to both IH and Zin in futher rereading.
I think it's pretty clear that TSS's awesomeness did alter the roles each of us recieved, and thus he's obviously pro-town. -- Save The Dragons
IH
IH
Always Scum
IH
Always Scum
Always Scum

Post Post #1573 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:55 pm

Post by IH »

I was actually stating about a nightkill as well.

I've also expressed that I think Foolinc is town, yesterday. I'm getting more unsure about that, especially with his night choice.

I think if Foolinc is scum, then there are two scum groups, or else Logictus was killed by a vig.
Setael
Setael
Mafia Scum
Setael
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1574 (ISO) » Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:29 pm

Post by Setael »

IH - if foolinc is scum do you think there's a doc in this game that hasn't claimed? If so... why do you think they didn't protect logicticus?

Kind of makes no sense.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”