Mini 1820 — Lazy Summer Mafia (Game Over)

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:34 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 549, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 544, MariaR wrote:
In post 541, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 539, MariaR wrote:I'm fairly sure one of RB/Infinity is scum and the other is town due to interactions even though I scumread both.
Congrats, that's one I have not heard before. Mind explaining? I know there is some underlying reasons for you saying such and if there isn't, you are Scum.
What?

Who are you I have reasons as I said mostly due to interaction and I dislike a lot of there posts but even if I didn't have that many reasons gut reads are a thing in this game and you'll get a lot of votes wrong for it.
Read my Wiki on gut reads. Unless you are the type of person who has such good reads that people just assume you are right you need at least SOME backing for your reads. It doesn't need to be a 4000 character post, but it does have to have punch. I have said this elsewhere: If you are just giving gut reads, then that allows Scum to pretty much just do the same thing. The game would essentially become a game where all that was done was voting, which is not Mafia.
Does this logic go with poe reads to then cause you're just being unrealistic
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:36 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 550, MariaR wrote:
In post 539, MariaR wrote:I'm fairly sure one of RB/Infinity is scum and the other is town due to interactions even though I scumread both.
Congrats, that's one I have not heard before. Mind explaining? I know there is some underlying reasons for you saying such and if there isn't, you are Scum.
What?

Who are you I have reasons as I said mostly due to interaction and I dislike a lot of there posts but even if I didn't have that many reasons gut reads are a thing in this game and you'll get a lot of votes wrong for it.
Read my Wiki on gut reads. Unless you are the type of person who has such good reads that people just assume you are right you need at least SOME backing for your reads. It doesn't need to be a 4000 character post, but it does have to have punch. I have said this elsewhere: If you are just giving gut reads, then that allows Scum to pretty much just do the same thing. The game would essentially become a game where all that was done was voting, which is not Mafia.
The ONLY other way people can just use gut reads is if that is all they do and they are known for that. That makes a really hard way to start playing mafia IMO.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:42 pm

Post by Marquis »

VOTECOUNT 1.10

+2
Aristophanes
— Raskolnikov, Infinity 324
+1
DrippingGoofball
— JarJarDrinks
+2
Infinity 324
— Iprobablysuck, MariaR
+2
Iprobablysuck
— Aristophanes, kraska77
JarJarDrinks

+1
kraska77
— Slandaar
+1
LicketyQuickety
— rb
+1
Manuel87
— Naomi-Tan
MariaR
(repl. Rem)
+1
Naomi-Tan
— Manuel87
Raskolnikov

+1
rb
— LicketyQuickety
+1
Slandaar
— DrippingGoofball

NOT VOTING

With 13 alive, it takes 7 votes to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2016-08-19 14:00:00)
(Fri Aug 19 @ 2:00 PM EST)

Awaiting prod responses from:
Iprobablysuck
link in bio
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 551, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 550, MariaR wrote:
What?

The ONLY other way people can just use gut reads is if that is all they do and they are known for that. That makes a really hard way to start playing mafia IMO.
I don't think you understand that even if you find gut reads scummy it's a normal human thing to have gut feelings about something not just mafia.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:47 pm

Post by rb »

MariaR just do yourself a favour by voting LQ with me and then ignoring further interactions.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by Slandaar »

I do not believe this is how town thinks:
In post 429, kraska77 wrote:i feel like he had the opportunity to capitalize on being townread and start pushing for something or start controlling town's perception of the game if he were scum, instead he backtracked on all the reads he started developing here(except for the one on naomi) and sort of took a backseat:
That is the reason to townread? really? it feels like scum making something up to me.

Can you show me examples of where scum have done this opposed to getting the townread and sitting back? Why wouldn't scum sit back and just ride the townread to victory or at least till later in the game? If someone is townread unanimously how much influence on the town do you think they have?
In post 547, LicketyQuickety wrote:@Slander,

thoughts on my case?
I need to think about it. I don't agree with the conclusion though.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:50 pm

Post by rb »

Oh nice, Slandaar doesn't agree with LQ's conclusion that I'm scum, but he disagrees with kraska's townread at the same time.

:lol:
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:51 pm

Post by rb »

Ohhhh right or you think kraska is scum. She might be but I doubt it.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:52 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 556, rb wrote:Oh nice, Slandaar doesn't agree with LQ's conclusion that I'm scum, but he disagrees with kraska's townread at the same time.

I don't see any problem with that.

I really should read past page 12
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:53 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 557, rb wrote:Ohhhh right or you think kraska is scum. She might be but I doubt it.
I am voting Kraska.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 10:54 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 556, rb wrote:Oh nice, Slandaar doesn't agree with LQ's conclusion that I'm scum, but he disagrees with kraska's townread at the same time.

Yes.

I can disagree with the reasoning of the townread it doesn't mean I necessarily disagree with the conclusion. Maybe you realised this in the post after but just for clarity.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:01 pm

Post by rb »

So basically you think I'm town? Or you think I'm scum? I can't follow.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:06 pm

Post by Slandaar »

What can't you follow?

Scum are going to 'invent' reads. Some of those reads will be correct. It doesn't mean they were not invented.
kraska77
kraska77
Mafia Scum
kraska77
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:10 pm

Post by kraska77 »

"Can you show me examples of where scum have done this opposed to getting the townread and sitting back?"
No
"If someone is townread unanimously how much influence on the town do you think they have?"
That's not really something I implied in my post. Being townread doesn't mean people will listen to you or follow your reads if you're not convincing...I would know this bc I always find myself in this position lol
And rb could totally control and keep the game going at it's earlier pace of he wanted to. the fact that he backtracked on all the reads he made except for the one on the consensus townread Naomi, gives me a good feeling. It's a gut read make of it whatever you want
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:22 pm

Post by rb »

Hey MariaR can you explain the one scum between RB/Infinity thing because I'm town and I'm struggling to see Infinity scum after our interactions.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:32 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 564, rb wrote:Hey MariaR can you explain the one scum between RB/Infinity thing because I'm town and I'm struggling to see Infinity scum after our interactions.
It's not your interactions that make you guys scum I just scumread both of you but reading interactions between the 2 of you I think only 1 of you are scum if you would like me to explain why are scum read the 2 of you I can do that.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:38 pm

In post 81, LicketyQuickety wrote:Uhmmm... I don't have to agree with everything a Town read says for them to be a Town read. I don't have to agree with anything they say for me to Town read them in theory. All I have to do is have rational for why that player is Town and I don't even provide that all the time for my Town reads. Scum reads are likewise - I don't have to disagree with everything they say or really anything as long as I have a basis for why that player is Scum. Admittedly, you need more backing for your Scum reads than your Town reads if you actually want to get your Scum reads lynched.

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Post by rb »

In post 565, MariaR wrote:
In post 564, rb wrote:Hey MariaR can you explain the one scum between RB/Infinity thing because I'm town and I'm struggling to see Infinity scum after our interactions.
It's not your interactions that make you guys scum I just scumread both of you but reading interactions between the 2 of you I think only 1 of you are scum if you would like me to explain why are scum read the 2 of you I can do that.
I don't really care why you scumread me but I want to know why you think we're an impossible pair?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:59 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 567, rb wrote:
I don't really care why you scumread me but I want to know why you think we're an impossible pair?
Where did I ever say impossible. When I read the interactions I'm pretty sure it's unlikely for you guys to be partners of course that could be false but that can also be true for any pair read.

I'm just saying If one of you flips scum i'm prob not lynching the other person.
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:17 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Gimme one more day and I'll have good posts again. Sorry!
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:23 am

Post by rb »

In post 568, MariaR wrote:
In post 567, rb wrote:
Where did I ever say impossible. When I read the interactions I'm pretty sure it's unlikely for you guys to be partners of course that could be false but that can also be true for any pair read.

I'm just saying If one of you flips scum i'm prob not lynching the other person.
Okay but what is it about the interactions that make you think that?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:38 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 200, Infinity 324 wrote:You can't scumread people for weak reasoning 8 pages into the game...
In post 201, rb wrote:Why not?
In post 202, Infinity 324 wrote:Because all reasoning at this point is going to be weak, since there isn't much to go on.
In post 210, rb wrote:
In post 202, Infinity 324 wrote:Because all reasoning at this point is going to be weak, since there isn't much to go on.
VOTE: Infinity

Just nope.
In post 217, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 210, rb wrote:
VOTE: Infinity

Just nope.

This whole convo seems really natural and doesn't seem planned or forced from either side. Also

VOTE: LQ I can't tell if you're just being close minded or you honestly think like that but re reading you're ISO you should have more votes then you do.

I'm not using it to make excuses, so how is that scummy?

My reasoning is, well, reasonable for this early on d1, and IPS called it out as scumy. Same with vibes.

Vote me for my reasoning if you think it's bad, not for my idea about the game.
In post 218, rb wrote:I'll vote you for whatever reason I want. You're not my dad!
In post 219, rb wrote:But in all honesty I think it's just scummy to discredit the value of early game in general. It's actually a vital part of the game and very useful to re-read because the interactions there, the scum haven't had time to adapt to what suits the particular town they're playing with. Late game scum interactions are really hard to re-read because they're all wifom. It's scumgame to devalue early game.
In post 220, Infinity 324 wrote:Early game is a lot more valuable looking back imo

By definition, later game you'll have more information since you can also look back at the early game.

If you think you can make strong cases against people on page 8, I strongly disagree.
In post 222, Infinity 324 wrote:That's...true, but that doesn't mean you can make very strong arguments for scum on page 8...

The fact that you think this theory discussion is AI is questionable...
In post 223, rb wrote:
In post 222, Infinity 324 wrote:That's...true, but that doesn't mean you can make very strong arguments for scum on page 8...

The fact that you think this theory discussion is AI is questionable...
Tbh I explained what I thought was AI:
rb wrote:I've seen people say "oh Day 1 interactions don't mean that much" exactly 8 times. 7/8 times the person saying or implying it was scum.
^ that's why I'm scumreading you right now.

I never said this theory discussion right now is necessarily AI. But the way you're throwing shade at me as if that's what I said is questionable... :wink:
In post 224, Infinity 324 wrote:Yeah but you have to look at context. There isn't a particular scum motivation to saying what I said there, because I'm trying to scumhunt just as hard as if I didn't say that.

The scum you're talking about there, I assume, tried to use their statement to make excuses or ignore valid evidence. That's certainly not what I'm doing here. I'm using it to argue against IPS's reasoning which doesn't really make sense.

And of course, expression suspicion is questionable...
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:40 am

Post by MariaR »

I messed up quoting and put my vote in one of the quotes so let me cp it here and ignore it in the quote thing

This whole convo seems really natural and doesn't seem planned or forced from either side. Also

VOTE: Lickly I can't tell if you're just being close minded or you honestly think like that but re reading you're ISO you should have more votes then you do.
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:46 am

In post 572, MariaR wrote:I messed up quoting and put my vote in one of the quotes so let me cp it here and ignore it in the quote thing

VOTE: Lickly I can't tell if you're just being close minded or you honestly think like that but re reading you're ISO you should have more votes then you do.
This is wanky.

Are you voting me for the same reason or not?

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:13 am

Post by rb »

In post 572, MariaR wrote:I messed up quoting and put my vote in one of the quotes so let me cp it here and ignore it in the quote thing

Okay so you think the convo is really natural but you think one of us is surely scum because you scumread both of us separately, ignoring that interaction, right?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”