Retro Gaming Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #159 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Rhinox »

Bump

Downloaded a universal emulator for my android phone called RetroArch, anyone ever hear of it or use it? Haven't really tried it yet because, no roms.

Speaking of, anyone feel like suggesting some retro games to track down? I'm thinking NES and game boy era to start. I feel like i missed a bunch of games in my childhood and right now i feel compelled to go experience some of what I missed.
Rhinox
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Rhinox
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Rhinox »

In post 160, Vi wrote:For the NES everything worthwhile has been rereleased on modern systems so skip out.
The problem is I really don't get to play modern systems anymore as much as I'd like to anymore. While a phone probably isn't the ideal platform for gaming, I'd be more likely to have time to play if I could pull out my phone and play whenever I had a few spare minutes. And I figure NES and game boy would be most ideal for emulation on a phone since there's not too many buttons and no bumpers, triggers, or analog sticks to worry about.
For the GB, I'd pick
*Kirby's Dream Land 2
*Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
*I liked Kirby Block Ball, which is a styled branded Breakout game, but YMMV
*maybe Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

In the Color era you have
*Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
*Zelda: Oracles games (Seasons > Ages fight me)
*maybe Super Mario Bros. DX if you like shiny extras, otherwise wait for SNES Super Mario All-Stars
I'll add those to the list. I've never actually played any Zelda game. That's one of the series I'd like to experience chronologically (as released) if possible.

Return to “The Arcade”