Mini 1820 — Lazy Summer Mafia (Game Over)

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1375 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:18 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

It's very difficult to play mafia without using generalizations about how town and scum usually play. Also, I think a lot of what fueled my analysis is the fact that KTS was evidently doomed. Scum didn't have to push the wagon, or even vote it, to get it to go through-- doing so would probably just make them look worse.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1376 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:19 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

That's what I've been saying all along

Ok there was the argument about hammers but that wasn't my main point
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1377 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:19 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1371, Infinity 324 wrote:It really depends on how you think the town will scumhunt. If I didn't know I would try to stay in the middle of the wagon.
I'm saying all things being equal. If you are Scum and you have a chance to hammer a pretty strong PR, I say you take that shot. Reason being is that you are guaranteed to get rid of a PR and you are not even close to guaranteed to have that Scum lynched.

P-Edit: I'm not making a big deal out of anything. I coming up with a hypothetical on what would be the correct play to make at that point in time. Theory talk is NAI.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1378 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:20 am

Post by MariaR »

In post 1375, Infinity 324 wrote:It's very difficult to play mafia without using generalizations about how town and scum usually play. Also, I think a lot of what fueled my analysis is the fact that KTS was evidently doomed. Scum didn't have to push the wagon, or even vote it, to get it to go through-- doing so would probably just make them look worse.
I do agree that it's hard to not make big generalizations I just think basing everything on it would be a huge mistake.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1379 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:25 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

In post 1377, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 1371, Infinity 324 wrote:It really depends on how you think the town will scumhunt. If I didn't know I would try to stay in the middle of the wagon.
I'm saying all things being equal. If you are Scum and you have a chance to hammer a pretty strong PR, I say you take that shot. Reason being is that you are guaranteed to get rid of a PR and you are not even close to guaranteed to have that Scum lynched.

P-Edit: I'm not making a big deal out of anything. I coming up with a hypothetical on what would be the correct play to make at that point in time. Theory talk is NAI.
I disagree in general, and especially in this specific case. There's no need to hammer when the PR is going to get lynched anyway.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1380 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:40 am

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 1379, Infinity 324 wrote:
In post 1377, LicketyQuickety wrote:

I disagree in general, and especially in this specific case. There's no need to hammer when the PR is going to get lynched anyway.
Hmm.. fair point.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1381 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:15 am

Post by Marquis »

VOTECOUNT 2.01

+4
DrippingGoofball
— Slandaar, Infinity 324, JarJarDrinks, LicketyQuickety
(L-2)

Fire Assassin

hiplop

+1
Infinity 324
— Fire Assassin
JarJarDrinks

kraska77

LicketyQuickety

+1
Manuel87
— hiplop
MariaR

+1
Raskolnikov
— kraska77
Slandaar

+4
NOT VOTING
— DrippingGoofball, Manuel87, MariaR, Raskolnikov

With 11 alive, it takes 6 votes to lynch.

Deadline is in
(expired on 2016-08-31 14:00:00)
(Wed Aug 31 @ 2:00 PM EST)

Awaiting prod responses from: N/A
Searching for replacements for: N/A
link in bio
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1382 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:16 am

Post by Marquis »

ACTIVITY

kraska77
has requested replacement.
link in bio
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1383 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

DGB lynch is probably a forgone conclusion but today's still worth taking slow. Don't want l-1 and claim stuff at least for a few days.

Even in the best case scenario of DGB/hiplop(aris) I don't feel good about third and realistically DGB's more bad in general than something with a smoking gun (then again the kts meta seemed like it). I want FA's thoughts on the game tbh (I don't get his last post?). Kraska replacing is kind of unfortunate actually. She's a townread but I wanted to see how she played around her read on me to be sure.

Infinitys dissecting the wagon is pretty much is pretty much how I approach it. Thing is it doesn't feel as useful as usual since like every active player stayed active and involved with the wagon and most inactive players just stayed inactive and uninvolved when the tell really works when there's some contrast. No one I townread was less involved/conspicuous than they should've been, maybe a little of say slan (or unlucky timing) / kraska but they already scumread him so eh. DGB and hip's votes are bad for their own sake (don't really know how to read hip tho).

LAMIST still dumb as it was in last game... Can make sense applied to an experienced player (I remember scumreading on it exactly once) but is garbage otherwise. Literally all of naomi and most of that kind of player just looks LAMIST in general.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1384 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:29 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

In post 1328, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1325, Infinity 324 wrote:I'll be able to talk about that soon. I can't see why he would be so aggressive against me as scum here.

No.

I don't want to deal with this.

V/LA for next 3 days till I figure if I need to replace out
This is really confusing me... It's like an emotional response to not wanting to deal with this? It's not "I don't want to deal with this" with the v/la and potential replace unrelated right?
But not wanting to deal with infinity himself or with people talking about the "slip"? How does either even do that?

Don't even scumread this but eeeeeeh?
deranged and incoherent
?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1385 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Uh

That has to do with a game that's about to end.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1386 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:50 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

Rask - probtown
kraska - lean town
DGB - scum
hiplop - likely scum
Slandaar - need to look at this again
fire - talk to me later about this
jarjar - I'm thinking possible scum here (ironic for how much I argued about hammerer being town); I remember seeing more towntells from him in a game I played with him before where he was town. Need to ISO him again.
LQ - town
Manuel - lean town
Maria - probtown

Too many townreads here.

So if scum isn't in {DGB, hiplop, jarjar, slandaar} then I would look into kraska and manuel I guess

What do you think rask
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1387 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Raskolnikov »

oh. Huh.
deranged and incoherent
?
Marquis
Marquis
Survivor
Marquis
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1388 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:08 pm

Post by Marquis »

In post 1328, Fire Assassin wrote:
V/LA for next 3 days till I figure if I need to replace out
For the record, I'm not recognizing this V/LA. If you're still on the site and posting elsewhere, either meet activity requirements or replace out if it's a strain on you, but don't abuse the V/LA system when it's already a privilege.
link in bio
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1389 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I'm stronger on manuel (hard to explain), kraska's above a lean and I forgot why I was townreading LQ actually. Jarjar hasn't done anything wrong though the sheeping means I haven't seen a case and something big I can really strong townread off. Maria thing is something jarjar would do but pushing via lamist isn't exactly difficult either. Thing is though he's happy to vote DGB/hip/fire and like he's scum he's probably scumreading (and going to be forced to vote) his partners unless I'm completely misreading so I don't even know. I mean maybe there's a universe where is scum with dgb/hip and is trying to push maria and fire as an alternative in hope of it catching but it sounds unlikely.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1390 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

My lategame approach would actually be really good here. Stay tuned.
deranged and incoherent
?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1391 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Ok

LQ is town for the rb interactions, scum in that position probably would've been scared and tried to appease rb. Scumbuddies...just seems unlikely.
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1392 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:33 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I reread that interaction, LQ actually does come across more realistic than rb. Still annoying I won't ever be able to understand the full context of that argument though.

Notably seems to be doing due diligence on the (rb)slot today too though, voting dgb but he hasn't forgotten about it. is fairly reasonable and I'd expect scum to rely on that meta read and not bother doing that even. Not necessarily, but probably.
Actually, given LQ<->rb scum is ridiculous;
ScumLQ voting scumDGB over a town rb slot doesn't make that much sense. LQ scum with DGB could and should pretty safely use that metaread to vote since it'd also be a juicy cw. In this situation he also can't switch later/halfway through when the lynch is very likely to go through as a) it'd look terrible b) as scum he'd know it'd look terrible. Unless he's bussing though he's not doing the bussing in way that would give him much towncred.
LQ scum with DGB town would/should just use it to be off the lynch. Although this isn't as safe of an assumption right now since switching a bit later (when DGB lynch is even more guaranteed vs FA) could also work and would technically be better. Ruined now as a bit of a stronger tell for future behaviour but probably worth having this now.

Only caveat is this is technically the same LQ that had that entrance and this is almost clearing him via burden-of-proficiency. Iow very small chance he is scum but just bad and playing oblivious to the above. This is probably paranoia though.
deranged and incoherent
?
Raskolnikov
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Raskolnikov
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1393 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Raskolnikov »

I think I'm putting too much of my time into this game...
deranged and incoherent
?
Manuel87
Manuel87
Goon
Manuel87
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1394 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:01 pm

Post by Manuel87 »

In post 1339, Fire Assassin wrote:
In post 1335, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 1320, Infinity 324 wrote:Also voted kts and wasn't around for the claim/lynch.
Just checked (even though some people hate activity stalking), he was active on the site between the claim and end of day.
This doesn't even matter, me and Hiplop both replaced in as requested by Marquis in site chat.
That will tell you, both our motivations are just trying to help out someone in need to fill some slots that we were requested personally to fill.

So activity elsewhere, means absolutely nothing with regards to hiplop, even if he is scum here.
Replacing in and not playing properly is far from helping it just ruins the game for the other players and if thats what you intend to do and i dont think Marquis would want that.
So if you say you wanted to help Marquis this means your reasoning here looks pretty scummy because its just an excuse for lurking as scum.

Also you say yout tried to be the voice of reason but as mentioned before all you said was if its true that he is town we shouldnt lynch him. A rather weak argument and it doesnt really look like you really wanted to keep him alive as you didnt say anything after Raskolnikovs argument.
I thought rb was scum an his interaction with LQ was

Rasks argument was good as i said before but now that KTS flipped town i wouldnt give him towncredit for that but it doesnt necessarily mean it was scummotivated as his argument was still legit.
Would put Raskolnikov at Null at the moment.

Have to admit that DGB looks scummy her argument to join the lynch on KTS was bad and she hasnt really contributed.
Would consider voting her but we have a lot of time so i dont want to L-1 her right now.
If she is town she should start explaining herself becasue it feels like she is about to die.
It would be pretty sad to lose another townplayer because she doesnt really care.

MariaR when do you think your catchup readlist is finished?
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1395 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:08 pm

Post by Infinity 324 »

Why did the way that post just said what everyone else said look towny to me
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1396 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:39 pm

Post by MariaR »

atm the main people I want to start to look into (this is for reading for me) Is DGB Rask and Manuel

I want to start reading rask because I kinda scumread that long post at the end of the day on the KTS lynch the reasoning is weird but it's mostly because
It was such a good well informed post

Everything in iit is agreeable and true and you can get town cred off a post like that for reasons like "Rask doesn't need to post that when KTS is getting lynched" BUT with him being a PR it can help push the lynch very well along with almost no suspicion on yourself

I think I hard SR Slandaar and LQ and I don't see that changing I'll prob be very stubborn on those reads

RB slot is town his anger felt very real even up to the time he replaced out he was an emotional mess and his posts showed how upset he was and I don't know why scum would get so upset over a mini interaction his reads started changing a bit too (if I remember) and that's normal to not think clearly in such a rage

Slandaar for one had a sr on the most obv person in this town and normally I'd town tell that because stubborn but not the way he went at it also trying to give reads with escape routes so incase any of his reads got sheeped and was wrong he'd always have a blanket to fall back on

Dear god I hate making reads list mostly cause of how bad read lists are and are more helpful for scum then town
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1397 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:44 pm

Post by MariaR »

I should most likely say why I hate reads lists why I'm here in my experience this is what happens with a lot of reads lists:

Player A (town) *makes reads list* Player B (Town) "Can I have you reasoning for Player D" Player A: Well this is kinda a hard townread/scumread for me to explain Player B: This guy must be scum his reads are weak and he can't explain them! *Player A is lynched*

Player C (mafia): Player B led a bw on Player A knowing he was town he's prob mafia! *Player B gets lynched*
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1398 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:29 pm

Post by Slandaar »

In post 1396, MariaR wrote:Slandaar for one had a sr on the most obv person in this town
Who? You mean yourself?

:neutral:
In post 1396, MariaR wrote:trying to give reads with escape routes so incase any of his reads got sheeped and was wrong he'd always have a blanket to fall back on
Did I indeed? Show an 'escape route'.
In post 1397, MariaR wrote:I should most likely say why I hate reads lists why I'm here in my experience this is what happens with a lot of reads lists:

Player A (town) *makes reads list* Player B (Town) "Can I have you reasoning for Player D" Player A: Well this is kinda a hard townread/scumread for me to explain Player B: This guy must be scum his reads are weak and he can't explain them! *Player A is lynched*

Player C (mafia): Player B led a bw on Player A knowing he was town he's prob mafia! *Player B gets lynched*
Why do one then? You did one because you think it helps scum?
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #1399 (ISO) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:48 pm

Post by MariaR »

1) Naomi

2) Sure i'll quite in my next post cause I don't know how to be neat with this site lol

3) I did one because I felt forced and I had to do one.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”