Retro Gaming Thread

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #63 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 11, 2012 12:12 am

Post by Vi »

In post 62, JDodge wrote:I speedrun Yoshi's Island in my spare time now although I haven't had much of it over the past couple of weeks due to work/LoL commitments and traipsing through MMOland; I'm down to 2:45ish for a time but I can definitely knock another 15 minutes off easily with enough time and probably another 15-20 minutes off under that if I grind shit hard enough.
Any% or 100%?
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #160 (isolation #1) » Thu Aug 18, 2016 3:30 am

Post by Vi »

For the NES everything worthwhile has been rereleased on modern systems so skip out.

For the GB, I'd pick
*Kirby's Dream Land 2
*Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
*I liked Kirby Block Ball, which is a styled branded Breakout game, but YMMV
*maybe Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins

In the Color era you have
*Zelda: Link's Awakening DX
*Zelda: Oracles games (Seasons > Ages fight me)
*maybe Super Mario Bros. DX if you like shiny extras, otherwise wait for SNES Super Mario All-Stars
Everything you say and do matters. People will respond in ways you may never see. May those responses be what you intend.
Vi
Vi
Professor Paragon
Vi
Professor Paragon
Professor Paragon

Post Post #162 (isolation #2) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:33 am

Post by Vi »

Honestly I'd bail on the two NES Zelda games; SNES A Link to the Past kicks their collective ass, chronology be darned.

Most of the highlights of the NES and SNES era were rereleased for the Game Boy Advance, which has basically all things 2D on it, so if you can get your mitts on one of those, etc.

The NES era was mostly before my time so really the only games I can suggest in good faith are the three Mario games (released as a group in SNES Super Mario All-Stars).

Also you should trust my advice because I don't play League of Legends so I clearly have good taste.

Return to “The Arcade”