Post Post #6 (isolation #0) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:15 am

Post by Elmo »

'lo.

Random
vote
:
Paradox244
Succinctness is pro-town.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #11 (isolation #1) » Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:35 am

Post by Elmo »

I think I can, too.

Passion is inversely proportional to the amount of real information available. ~ Gregory Benford
Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #2) » Mon Nov 12, 2007 5:50 pm

Post by Elmo »

Hey. Yeah. I need to be in this game more.
Peers wrote:Yeah, yeah, pile votes on the guy who tends to go hyper-defensive and get himself lynched.
Examples, please.

I also giggled at the OMGUSFOS. Personally, that's the first thing I've seen which I can take seriously, so
unvote
:
Paradox244
;
vote
:
Sikario8

Mod
: Paradox244 probably needs a prod, since he hasn't posted yet.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #3) » Tue Nov 13, 2007 10:55 am

Post by Elmo »

Erg0 wrote:I thought Peers was talking about himself in that quote? You want him to provide examples of himself going hyperdefensive?
Um, yes? If he's lying to try and play the sympathy card, it's an easy way to catch him out? I'm going to guess he means this game. Given that, it seems he really did put his foot in his mouth, and I believe his comments in 19 and 57 were genuine. Although that doesn't make him town. I dunno, I didn't think his comment about Yos was as scummy as everyone else seems to think it was.
Sikario8 wrote:
FoS: Yosarian2
Explain this blinking FoS out of nowhere. Why's Yos scummy? I'll read Newbie 484 in a bit, like.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (isolation #4) » Wed Nov 14, 2007 2:34 pm

Post by Elmo »

JordanA24 wrote:
Peers wrote:Hrm. You're right, I'm letting meta-game influence me. Sarcastic comment withdrawn.
Wow, what a backtrack.
What is wrong with his response here?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #301 (isolation #5) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 4:31 pm

Post by Elmo »

Quite personally, I believe MoS was just annoyed, for whatever reason. I certainly consider his remarks a null tell. I know the kind of thing ABR does is sometimes handy to spark discussion, but, uh, Jester? C'mon. MoS's better than that, for starters.

I'm not liking a lot of the stuff coming from Jordan's direction, but I'm sitting tight on Sikario until he speaks up for himself.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #304 (isolation #6) » Wed Nov 21, 2007 6:46 pm

Post by Elmo »

Right now, I'm still not feeling it. I don't think it's a bad wagon per se, but I just don't interpret his comments the way everyone else seems to. Maybe he really is scum and someone needs to whack me with a clue-by-four, but personally I'm pretty surprised it went as far as it did. I just don't see e.g. Yos in 173 the same way. He gets defensive, he's worried about being lynched, aye? Big whoop? It's not smart, but it's not really something he should be lynched for, in my opinion - I wouldn't expect much different from someone who had a tendency to talk themselves into the gallows historically.

I'm actually well tempted to vote for Jordan. Stuff like 146 and the MoS comments make me think he's just stirring the pot rather than being useful. I'm also concurring with Yosarian about Viper as well, not liking 157 at all, then the big silence, eh. Think I might shift my vote soon, Sikario's supposed to be back tomorrow, right?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #318 (isolation #7) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:37 am

Post by Elmo »

Quagmire wrote:she has reacted very emotionally to the votes [...] I get signals of distress from her, but the way her posts are worded it seems like she's trying to mask her distress behind a wall of emotionless brick.
Why is it suspicious or even unusual for someone to react to MoS's post in that way? Being called a "crackpot idiot" and so on.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (isolation #8) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:58 am

Post by Elmo »

What about the way she reacted?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #327 (isolation #9) » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:22 am

Post by Elmo »

I find it extremely unlikely she'd have been in exactly the same situation before, and therefore question the value of metagaming. Your request is also akin to guilty until proven innocent, i.e. her perfectly reasonable (imo) response is guilty until she can prove that she does that as town.

I still feel the best way forward is a discussion of what exactly is scummy about her reaction. At the moment, I am very much not liking the vote, Quag.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #332 (isolation #10) » Sat Nov 24, 2007 12:12 am

Post by Elmo »

Panzer: What do you think of Quagmire, with respect to that?

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #351 (isolation #11) » Mon Nov 26, 2007 10:43 am

Post by Elmo »

*psst*, Peers, tip: when people unvote you, don't argue with them...

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #364 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:06 am

Post by Elmo »

Toaster Strudel wrote:Again I recomment that everyone take a look at Jordan's posts in isolation. Is Jordan throwing around smoke and flames? No. Is he kicking supporting whichever wagon is easiest to push??? Absolutely not. As far as I can see, Jordan'ts only sin is to find MoS suspicious, and voting for MoS.
I strongly disagree. I would politely suggest your reaction to MoS may be influencing your view of Jordan's actions. He certainly does push the (very easy) Peers wagon until it's clear it's not going to a lynch, which is the only significant one thus far. What is your opinion on 146 and 333?

Sikario8: My condolences.
Unvote

Vote
:
JordanA24
, anyway.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #366 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:00 pm

Post by Elmo »

I do not necessarily entirely agree with MoS. I am simply saying I found Jordan scummy (152, 301) before MoS even mentioned him. See my 152 for something I feel is out of place, which is probably the "smoke and flames" part of MoS's accusation. What I mean by this is, for example, a lot of 146 seems to be attempting to make things seem scummier than they really are.

He jumps off the Peers wagon soon after it's clear there's not going to be a lynch, and hops onto the MoS wagon in 333 for reasons I find dubious. I also find 337 (MoS pushing your lynch 'pretty damn hard') untrue, and get a feeling similar to 146 - he's playing it up because it's convenient for him to.

I do feel that he's gone from Peers (easy wagon) to MoS (easy wagon) in a largely opportunistic way. The rest is semantics.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #371 (isolation #14) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:21 am

Post by Elmo »

People in having different viewpoints shocker.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 28, 2007 9:54 pm

Post by Elmo »

^ correct

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #428 (isolation #16) » Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:31 am

Post by Elmo »

Quagmire wrote:please

less talking

more lynching toaster strudel
Peers wrote:Of course, given that you have no parts to your case, it's rather easy.

Reasons, man, you need to give reasons!

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #490 (isolation #17) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 4:40 am

Post by Elmo »

I roughly concur with Yos. Read it, Quag.

Elmo
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Elmo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (isolation #18) » Fri Dec 07, 2007 5:40 am

Post by Elmo »

Unvote
:
JordanA24
;
vote
:
Quagmire

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”