Site Chat Behavior Expectations-General Discussion Standard

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #15 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 10:39 am

Post by chamber »

I mean, setting this standard for the lobby seems fine. But it seems too much for all of sitechat.
Taking a break from the site.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #28 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 12:57 pm

Post by chamber »

There are more than 1 on 1 conversations and the lobby. You can make public rooms and private rooms. I think it's reasonable to request such topics be moved out of the lobby, I think saying they can't be talked about at all is ridiculous.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #37 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:41 pm

Post by chamber »

There is a big difference between speakeasy content and a cesspool. I'm fine with a mod presence to stop the later. Have you actually gotten requests from site chat users about the content?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #39 (isolation #3) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by chamber »

Having talked to you in private now, yes? After finishing talking to you I looked into sitechat and saw them discussing drugs. A blue mod even seemed to endorse them to me. Is that content that would be allowed in GD?
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #41 (isolation #4) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Post by chamber »

I was. I've heard, in the vaguest of details, what the catalyst for this choice was and I now disagree more strongly than before I knew. I again don't know the details, but this rules change wont stop such an event from happening again, it will at best move where it happens. Nuke the fuck out of someone if they are being intentionally inappropriate with minors. Don't punish everyone else for it.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #43 (isolation #5) » Wed Aug 17, 2016 6:18 pm

Post by chamber »

To clarify again because someone privately contacted me. I don't know details. Its possible no adults were intentionally inappropriate with minors in this case.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #89 (isolation #6) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 76, MafiaSSK wrote:
In post 41, chamber wrote:I was. I've heard, in the vaguest of details, what the catalyst for this choice was and I now disagree more strongly than before I knew. I again don't know the details, but this rules change wont stop such an event from happening again, it will at best move where it happens. Nuke the fuck out of someone if they are being intentionally inappropriate with minors. Don't punish everyone else for it.
Out of curiosity, do you think FL should have been banned back in the day when I had this discussion with her? Keeping in mind that I was 14 at the time.
In post 32, MafiaSSK wrote:
forbiddanlight wrote:

Let's just say a girlfriend was a little too fast as in she went to there at around 10 months of dating. Then after that things started to get really weird. And a week later, I broke up with her.
Ok...well then...

yeah...

Ah, what the hell, I'm damned anyway. Were you doing the tying or being tied up?
Tied up
I don't know? It seems reasonably borderline to me, and although I haven't kept in touch with her, I would have considered her a friend at one point, so I'm not the most unbiased source.
chamber
chamber
Cases are scummy
chamber
Cases are scummy
Cases are scummy

Post Post #92 (isolation #7) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:28 pm

Post by chamber »

In post 90, Nexus wrote:
In post 41, chamber wrote:I was. I've heard, in the vaguest of details, what the catalyst for this choice was and I now disagree more strongly than before I knew. I again don't know the details, but this rules change wont stop such an event from happening again, it will at best move where it happens. Nuke the fuck out of someone if they are being intentionally inappropriate with minors. Don't punish everyone else for it.
Since nothings been done about this, I'll kick off about it here.

Do you have proof this has happened? If you do not, then you should not be bringing it up because it could lead, and has sort of led to, a witch hunt.

People disseminating and spreading misinformation doesn't help things like this.
You misinterpreted what I was saying before, and still are. I don't know details, so no, I have no proof. But I also wasn't making the accusation that it did happen. It was one possible case that I was addressing. I addressed it because it was the only one that actually needs to be addressed. If that wasn't what happened, there is no issue.

Return to “News”