Scummies Ideas, Suggestions and Comments Thread

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #901 (isolation #0) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 1:34 am

Post by Realeo »

I have a question. When judges collaborate, how do you work? Do you lynch judge member until all remaining judge decides on an unanimous decision? Do you use VRI--that is used by Oscar, or do you just talk, talk, talk?

Because if it's a talk, talk, talk, I would like to nominate something different.
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

I'm mabye a serious player, but I'm capable of joke. Ok?
Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #904 (isolation #1) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:13 pm

Post by Realeo »

=D
"The debate on whether short multi postings or a long wall of post is good or not is like a debate on gun control--we would never understand each other and we have to make peace with it." -Realeo

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #905 (isolation #2) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Realeo »

Here's the thing. I skimmed the last 3 pages and I realized that xxReckonerxx failed to agree on a common jurying criteria with RC.

If that's the case, instead of trying to unify all judges under one common jurying criteria, why don't let each judge have their own criteria?

2 months before final 3 nomination, judges define their judging criteria and we let the public challenge their criteria. If public finds his judging criteria faulty, the public can secretly WotC the judge. The Wotced judge will still be asked for their contribution but secretly discarded.

Award nominations ala Eurovision contest. 3 nominations with the most points are the final 3 nominations.

To find the champion, employs Instant Runoff Voting system. IRV by its nature tries to accommodates most jury.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (isolation #3) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:00 am

Post by Realeo »

Wait. I'm not saying that I ask people to reviews the nomination. I ask people to review the judge who reviews the nomination.

Here's the thing. I have a background from data scientist. We data scientist create a program that evaluates things. Read text, read price, make prediction, and so on.

Sometimes however, we can't do that. We will ask human being to do our job, we will take the human's result as a lesson for our program, so one day, when our program has enough knowledge, our program is going to be able to do the job without human intervention.

However, not all human are perfect. We sometimes rate the human so the program weighs in opinion. If two people gives different feedback, who will the program trust? Whose feedback will be used by the computer to study? The program ideally want to learn from the smartest human. How do the program know who is the smartest to learn? Ideally, I want my program to learn from the smartest human, and discard lessons that my program learn from stupid people.

That is the underlying philosophy of my idea. We can't unify all idea. If we can't unify all idea, why don't just let us rate the idea like my program did? Let the good judge rises and let the bad judge sunks.

So I am going to repropose the system again with an ammandement: what if my system is used, but we let the judge discuss and talk, but let they come to their own conclusion?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #913 (isolation #4) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:35 am

Post by Realeo »

Here's a simplified version if people fail to comprehend what I propose (or I fail to send the mssage)

My system that I proposed is basically a bonafied/complexified system of the election.
  • The nominations are bills and policies that the house want to pass.
  • The scummies judge are the senators.
  • The mafiascum users are public who are voting in the general election..
The public (The whole MafiaScum resident) picks the senators (Scummies judge) that they want. Just like in real election, senators wannabe debates. In MafiaScum, the judge promotes their judging criteria.

After the senators are chosen, the chosen senators (the scummies judges) pick which bill to pass (Which nomination wins)

However, instead of going binary like senators passed or senators rejected (100% or 0%), I give each senator a score (You are good senator. Your opinion worth 80%. You are a bad senator. Your opinion worth 20%)

I mean, you literally are going to pick your president at November. How this idea sounds weird?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #914 (isolation #5) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:37 am

Post by Realeo »

The best thing about my idea is that everyone is independent. The failed two party system is out of the window.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #943 (isolation #6) » Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:04 am

Post by Realeo »

as well as perhaps even the Best IC
I have a question. What does exactly the Best IC do? Why we give award to the Best IC?

I mean, IC is a special position since it's a
community service
right. Take example of military, which is a community service. They don't award "The best soldier", they award "Extremely Competent Soldiers". Plural. More than 1. They don't say, "Hey you're a good soldier, but you ranked #20 so sucks to be you because we only give to #1!"

Instead of rewarding one award to the best IC, can't we just award multiple award to competent(s) IC?

Because I think IC is intergral to this community and deserve better than just one receiver.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1050 (isolation #7) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:48 pm

Post by Realeo »

Question: Is there any active , non simply-only-playing-1-game Hydra?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1052 (isolation #8) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 1:51 pm

Post by Realeo »

I see that most hydra are one-timer. The competition-size is small if we want "The most feared hydra".

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1068 (isolation #9) » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:29 pm

Post by Realeo »

In post 1054, LicketyQuickety wrote:I think I have a good idea here. I also think people are not listening to me because its me and not someone else. *shrug*
As someone who has been the receiving end in this thread, this thread has a high standard.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1122 (isolation #10) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Post by Realeo »

I think single-game Town award has been discussed before. It was shafted because the award is no longer awarding good game but simply statistics (ie. They mislynch 1 town. Bad play).

I don't think BoW scum has been discussed here?

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1126 (isolation #11) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:00 pm

Post by Realeo »

Nexus wrote:scrap the scummies
Meh.
In post 1124, Pine wrote:Shrug. Good Townplay to me is not about guessing correctly, it's about the process. Just like I wouldn't nom a scum player/team for roflstomping a clueless and bickering Town, a clean Town win against a disorganized scumteam is hollow. Good Townplay is about the cool use of logic and perception against a worthy opponent, effectively gamesolving despite obstacles. A single-game Town award to me would look like a single player or a strong Townbloc defeating capable opposition, particularly if the scumteam possessed an initial advantage and the Townies rallied or came together, overcoming division to unify through leadership and teamwork.

There's quite a big difference between single-game performance, which may be influenced by environment, playerlist, circumstance, and the price of milk in Newark, versus consistent patterns of solid play as represented in BoW awards. It has never made sense to me why Town was a BoW and scum an individual award.
I agree that scum needs to be BoW.

However, on your point of Town single-game.

I think your theory is good---until you start collecting nominees. The probelm with Scummies is that we do not declare "Compotent" or "Not Compotent", we declare who is the best.

Comparing a town single-game is kinda confusing. For example, which one is better? A VT calling the entire scum from page 1 or a townblok able to work together but make some few mistakes?

The process Realeo. What matters it the process

Ok. Process then. I may argue that a "VT calling the entire scum" is not an achievement. Why? Because finding mafia is only half the story. Communication is important. The VT clearly fails the second part. In the townblok, they fail the first part.

So who deserves it?

Comparing single town game is fiendish due to too many noise!

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1127 (isolation #12) » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:02 pm

Post by Realeo »

I want to push this idea back.
In post 943, Realeo wrote:
as well as perhaps even the Best IC
I have a question. What does exactly the Best IC do? Why we give award to the Best IC?

I mean, IC is a special position since it's a
community service
right. Take example of military, which is a community service. They don't award "The best soldier", they award "Extremely Competent Soldiers". Plural. More than 1. They don't say, "Hey you're a good soldier, but you ranked #20 so sucks to be you because we only give to #1!"

Instead of rewarding one award to the best IC, can't we just award multiple award to competent(s) IC?

Because I think IC is intergral to this community and deserve better than just one receiver.

Realeo
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Realeo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1131 (isolation #13) » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:12 am

Post by Realeo »

In post 1128, xRECKONERx wrote:play is sneaky by design and once you pull off some kind of big move / bluff / gambit / etc you lose the ability to do that as easily in the future. and scum is just all about surviving, so it makes it harder.

with town if you're drawing NKs early because you're so good at the game, then that's kinda a point in your favor. so you can more easily run a BoW analysis on town play across multiple games.
Hold on a second. Are you saying that someone cannot be consistently good at being scum?

Granted, you cannot make big move all the time but [1] does big move is the only criterion for good scum? [2] isn't surviving the lynch as scum is also a skill?

Return to “Mafia Discussion”