Site Chat Behavior Expectations-General Discussion Standard

This forum is for Administrators to post news concerning the site and forums.
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #86 (isolation #0) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:22 pm

Post by Oman »

In post 28, chamber wrote:There are more than 1 on 1 conversations and the lobby. You can make public rooms and private rooms. I think it's reasonable to request such topics be moved out of the lobby, I think saying they can't be talked about at all is ridiculous.
In post 41, chamber wrote:I was. I've heard, in the vaguest of details, what the catalyst for this choice was and I now disagree more strongly than before I knew. I again don't know the details, but this rules change wont stop such an event from happening again, it will at best move where it happens. Nuke the fuck out of someone if they are being intentionally inappropriate with minors. Don't punish everyone else for it.
I don't have time to respond to this thread before work but let's just say I'm with chamber. Making soft-handed policy changes instead of nuking people is what allowed NS to go as far as he did.

This is probably the most eyerolling limitation that has been placed on this site. I don't particularly want to talk about sex all the time in sitechat (in fact I think I've had one "mature" conversation in there regarding the night I got invited to a kink thing? And I did kind of want sounding boards in real-time). I have other outlets for that conversation, and 80% of the time I'm talking about netrunner in sitechat.

BUT! What are you trying to achieve? what is your desired outcome? If you have someone who is sexualising children (not talking about sex with children, not educating or providing support, which are drastically different things) but SEXUALISING CHILDREN, the solution is not to change the rules about SITECHAT.

Whatever, this change has happened, and it's going to continue happening. it isn't really going to impact me at all, and my frustration isn't going to achieve shit. Let me just say that, Mods, if you've got a problem with sex and children, do something real and effectual about it.
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #87 (isolation #1) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:29 pm

Post by Oman »

Oman (16:24)
What is the "GD Standard"
Oman (16:24)
literally
hiplop (16:24)
im not really surehiplop (16:25)
fwict its pre much the same but no sex /drugs
Oman (16:25)
Hiplop, the mod, enforcing the standard: "I'm not really sure what the standard is"
Firebringer (16:25)
hiplop have site mods even been enforcing any rules?
Oman (16:26)
#fireemoji #onehundred #Fireemoji
hiplop (16:26)
well
to be clear i know to be MORE ON THE LOOKOUT
basically we just have the power to interpret situations more

fireemoji
Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #96 (isolation #2) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Oman »

I have spoken to hiplop and I misunderstood a few of those responses. I didn't mean to imply that he was a shitty mod, I meant to imply that the system doesn't have clear guidelines and that the mods haven't been given clear orders. I think I was wrong there. I'm going to leave it up as my crow to eat, but yeah, it looks like I inadvertently lost some stuff in translation there.

My love and respect to hiplop, sorry mate.

Return to “News”