Hearthstone- Heroes of Warcraft (Enter Your ID!)

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
DiamondSentinel
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
DiamondSentinel
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3825 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by DiamondSentinel »

I hate that control warrior (and really any deck that stalls out until they throw out C'thun) is the meta now. My combo rogue always has a tough time with it...
“Why was I chosen?'
'Such questions cannot be answered,' said Gandalf. 'You may be sure that it was not for any merit that others do not possess. But you have been chosen, and you must therefore use such strength and heart and wits as you have.”
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3826 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

It's been my experience that the meta is mostly Dragon Warrior and Aggro Shaman now. Although between Dragon Warrior, Control Warrior, and Cthun Warrior, Warrior does have the most meta decks right now. I think that's why Hunter has seen a resurgence, since it matches up well against Warrior.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
kdowns
kdowns
He
Goddammit
kdowns
He
Goddammit
Goddammit
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3827 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by kdowns »

Yeah, I went through and DE'd all of Naxx and GvG.
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3828 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:35 pm

Post by The Bulge »

I dusted mostly everything that's been rotated out but kept staples like dr 7 and belchers and some gimmick cards (KT for example) for brawls
The Bulge
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
The Bulge
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3829 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 5:36 pm

Post by The Bulge »

In post 3824, Sudo_Nym wrote:You can disenchant GvG, too. And in 6 months, you can disenchant Blackrock.
Well I mean you can dust shitty BRM stuff now too
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3830 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 6:32 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Sure, but I hate dusting stuff that's in Standard cause I might use it someday, you know? But I don't imagine I'm going to play Wild, so once it rotates, fuck it.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3831 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by PJ. »

Can you recreate naxx cards if you dust them?
Sometimes a sandwich is just a sandwich.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3832 (ISO) » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:03 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Yeah. Rotated adventure cards can be crafted and dusted like normal cards.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3833 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:11 am

Post by PJ. »

But you had to have bought them originally, yeah?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3834 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 3:12 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Nope. Once they rotate out of standard, the adventure gets taken out of the store, the cards stop being soul-bound, and anybody can craft them. Otherwise, new players could never get their Sludge Belchers.
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #3835 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:30 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

So how about that night in Karazhan eh? As a Shaman is literally anything in this thing relevant?
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3836 (ISO) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 12:35 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Maelstrom portal looks alright, probably not better than existing two drops. Spirit Claws could be good if control shaman becomes a real deck.
xRECKONERx
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
xRECKONERx
GD is my Best Man
GD is my Best Man

Post Post #3837 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:36 am

Post by xRECKONERx »

kara cards feel really lame

except hunter. hunter got some bonkers shit
green shirt thursdays
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3838 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:56 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Beast Druid got some good stuff too. Mage and Paladin got a card apiece, though how good the Paladin one will actually be is questionable. Some of the yet-to-be-released Legendaries could be impactful (Barnes, Medivh). Everything else is pretty meh, though.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3839 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:41 am

Post by BROseidon »

Beast Druid is going to be a top-tier deck now.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3840 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:54 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I feel like "Beast Druid is going to be top-tier" is something that was said after the last two releases, too, and nothing happened. Menagerie Warden has the potential to be legit insane, though, so maybe that'll finally push it over the top. I think the real question is going to be whether Beast Druid is going to be better than Yogg/Token Druid, though.
PJ.
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
PJ.
Hell in a Cell
Hell in a Cell

Post Post #3841 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by PJ. »

In post 3840, Sudo_Nym wrote:Menagerie Warden
I think copying a savage combatant is very good, yes
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3842 (ISO) » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 3841, PJ. wrote:
In post 3840, Sudo_Nym wrote:Menagerie Warden
I think copying a savage combatant is very good, yes
Yeah, but that makes it draw dependent. You have to get a beast, drop it, and then have it come back to your turn still alive to get value off it. It's the same problem that Houndmaster, Ram Wrangler, and Mark of Yshaarj have: if you can't stick a beast, it's a terrible card. Menagarie Warden should be able to synergize with Stranglethorn Tiger thanks to the stealth, but I imagine there's going to be some amount of times you get stuck dropping an Enchanted Raven to copy or even getting no value off it at all. It has the potential to be really insane, but we'll find out in the coming month or so.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3843 (ISO) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 5:44 am

Post by BROseidon »

Guys resurrect priest is probably good
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3844 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:05 am

Post by BROseidon »

Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3845 (ISO) » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:29 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Barnes does seem to be a lot better than anticipated. I don't know if Resurrect Priest will still be good when the meta settles down, but Barnes has pretty good synergy with a lot of stuff (Ragnaros, Malygos, basically anything with deathrattle). I think the best thing I've seen so far was Miracle Rogue with Barnes, where it's ridiculously good for Barnes to fetch any of Tomb Pillager, Auctioneer, Malygos, or Thaurissan.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3846 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 4:40 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I decide to go back and try the heroics for this adventure. Take an hour to beat Chess and Big Bad Wolf, beat everything else in 5 minutes. Is it always like that, or am I just really bad at Hearthstone Chess?
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3847 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by BROseidon »

Chess took me like 20 minutes to figure out.

It requires a little luck on the starting draw, though.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #3848 (ISO) » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:11 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Chess was a combination of bad draws and not understanding the strategy for me. I tried playing too much board control in the first games, like I did in the normal Chess, only to run out of reach too fast, so I had to try again and push face more. Then I had to deal with my queen being on the bottom of the deck. Took a bit, but I manage to get a good draw and figure out what was going on eventually. That part was time consuming, but not too bad.

Then Big Bad Wolf was frustrating as hell, because it was something like 4 games in a row he played double stranglethorn on t1, then double creatures on t2, into savage roar t3 for the kill. Took me a bit of trying to fiddle with Druid before I switched to Hunter and managed to counter his Savage Roar with Explosive Trap, and then coast to victory off that.

Meanwhile, I beat the Crone on t5 by playing Divine Spirit-Inner Fire-Faceless Shambler in a row. The balance is all over the place.
BROseidon
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
BROseidon
Expert Marxman
Expert Marxman

Post Post #3849 (ISO) » Thu Aug 25, 2016 6:19 am

Post by BROseidon »

PURIFY PRIEST TIME

Return to “The Arcade”