Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1875 (ISO) » Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:41 am

Post by Egg »

Math, you did fine. It was only if F-16 was scum that would have meant he wasn't playing to his win condition because he posted, acknowledged he could have hammer, and continued posting. You replaced into a tough spot, your slot being close to a lynch more than once before you even got here. And process of elimination made your slot pretty obvscum regardless of who the player was. But I absolutely love the fact that you never gave up and tried to pull it out. The site needs more players like you.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1876 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 12:53 am

Post by Grendel »

Awesome job town.

I enjoyed playing with you all... well most of you.
Hoopla
Hoopla
Hoopla

Post Post #1877 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 5:02 am

Post by Hoopla »

Nice game scumbags!

Thanks for modding Dierfire - you handled the replacements and the whole D1 drama well. I think a force-replace might have been better than a modkill, but the town recovered from that anyhow, so no matter.

The seraphim/Wingback slot played well, and was probably the difference in the end. Also, a little comment to Rob incase he is still following the game: all the players you were so adamant were scum on D1 were town, and you almost ruined the game over it. Learn to understand and accept your limitations.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1878 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:26 am

Post by Dierfire »

@MathBlade
In post 1869, MathBlade wrote:Rats...C'mon you couldn't let me troll a smidge?
Sorry, I hadn't checked the time stamps! I just checked in while I was stopped for gas, and I saw that the game was over.
Infinity 324
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Infinity 324
they (pl.)
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they (pl.)

Post Post #1879 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:50 am

Post by Infinity 324 »

I was spectating this game, I have to say I was pretty impressed with wingback's play, but I agree he was being dickies and I feel bad for egg for how wingback treated him.

Nacho's impeccable play was what really won it for town though. He didn't make a single mistake the whole game!!
Show
new GTKAS

<3 you are valid

plural system, we may or may not sign
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1880 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:53 am

Post by Dierfire »

Thanks for playing, everyone!
I'd like to give effusive thanks to those who replaced in to help us finish the game. This game went on a bit long, but I hope that it was worthwhile despite the difficulties.
Also, I'd like to apologize to all players for the D1 difficulties. The Mod PT contains a bit of information on what was going on behind the scenes, for those who are interested. For the record, since some players were asking me to justify my decisions in real time, I'll say that it's rare that a decision can be fully explained in real time (since that might require discussion of other players' alignments, ongoing games, and such). However, I'll always document my decisions in a Mod PT for public review later.
I did make a conscious decision to be judicious with replacing players for inactivity in this game. In hindsight, I think that I should have replaced players like BlankFace and BBmolla earlier, since they ended up needing replacements anyway. At the time, my logic was that, if a fourth or fifth prod would get them posting, then it was worth it to try a prod rather than immediately jumping to a replacement (even though it goes past the usual threshold of three prods). My goal was to keep the game running without interruptions, but perhaps the health of the game would have been better maintained by replacing inactive players.
As far as play goes, I was particularly impressed with Hoopla and Seraphim, who seemed to get the game back on track D2 and onward. The Mafia team also played a good game throughout, and until things coalesced at the end, it looked likely that at least one of them would sneak by to victory.
Overall I think that this game was not quite balanced, as the Mafia Ascetic Roleblocker was too powerful for the existing Town PR. The Weak Neighborizer role was the one that I was most excited to implement, but it didn't get much play here, which was unfortunate. It's perhaps worth noting that the 1-Shot Vigilante was originally a Jack Of All Trades (with Vigilante, Cop, and Doctor shots); I don't think that this would have been terribly unbalanced, but a better fix would probably be to adjust the Roleblocker (something like Ascetic Goon would perhaps have been fine).

PT links:

Mod PT
Dead PT
Mafia PT
Neighborhood PT
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1881 (ISO) » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:55 am

Post by Dierfire »

In post 1879, Infinity 324 wrote:Nacho's impeccable play was what really won it for town though. He didn't make a single mistake the whole game!!
Ha ha, I agree!
It hurt my soul a little bit to have to replace a slot whose only move was to cross votes with MathBlade, but I was at least glad that we didn't have to wait long.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1882 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:57 am

Post by Grendel »

Question.

Do you guys think i should try and implement RQS again?

I feel like it kinda flopped this game with only 1/4 the roster even participating. But i kind of like doing it, or at least, i like it more then RVS.
Egg
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Egg
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1883 (ISO) » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:54 am

Post by Egg »

To be fair, that was probably the best I've ever seen it used. This is coming from someone who is usually against RQS. It is usually used by town with good intentions, but it usually leads nowhere and distracts everyone. If everyone focuses on it instead of voting, the game stalls and no reads are developed. But the backlash against it, Masq's answers, and the following analysis were actually pretty useful here. I won't tell you how to play but those are my thoughts.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1884 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Grendel »

Thanks Egg.

I enjoyed playing with you a whole lot btw.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1885 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:36 am

Post by Dierfire »

I've always liked the idea of RQS, but I've never taken the time to craft a set of questions that I would use. I'll usually participate in RQS as long as the list of questions isn't too long.
From your set of questions in this game, I like 1, 3, and 4 best (first one lets me assess whether a player's apathy or engagement indicates alignment, third and fourth ones give me a baseline for how the player plays stylistically and how self-aware the player is).
Overall I'd probably look for 3-5 questions if RVS is also occurring so as to allow players to get involved easily without bogging down the thread. If used in the absence of RVS, I'd imagine that we'd need more questions to get useful conversations going (but hopefully also more players would be asking as well as answering questions, so 3-5 questions for each player asking might still work).
Seraphim
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Seraphim
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1886 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:30 pm

Post by Seraphim »

Sorry I got replaced out. :( I lost track of time because of work and anxiety stuff. I was really enjoying it and I'm glad I played a small role in turning things around for town. Despite being an infamous banned player, I thought Wingback played really well even if he was overly enthusiastic in his offense against Egg.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1887 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by Grendel »

Hey, it sounds like you got where I was going with that set.

Which... might actually be a bad thing b/c now I know I can't gauge you with it. Thats probably the biggest problem I have with RQS is I can't use the same set for long. By explaining how it is effective one game the next game it becomes significantly weaker. Like tells I suppose.

Thanks Dier.

P-edit: Hi Seraphim. You were pretty cool while you were here. :)
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1888 (ISO) » Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

Also yeah, as I said in the dead thread I thought Wing played very well sans his harshness towards others.

I think my favorite thing about this game is that despite having a horrible D1, and getting little to no use of their PR's town still pulled a win.

Btw, weak niehborizer was a really cool role to implement Dier. Its too bad Cmitc1 couldn't get more use out of it.
N
N
Jack of All Trades
N
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1889 (ISO) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by N »

GTKAS

Share And Enjoy
(go stick your head in a pig)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”