Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1250 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:23 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 1247, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1246, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 1241, Firebringer wrote:I don't get why you are so confident on this.
Remember how you said paranoia was lacking for Not CHara?

I see little self doubt in your own reads, which makes me nervous about you Grapes.
Fire, you're doing that thing rather than reassessing your own reads with evidence, you try to attack the presenter of the evidence instead. That's textbook confirmation bias.
am I?
Cause I really just don't think anything Not Chara has done is scummy.

Should I reaccess everytime a person tells me I am wrong?
No. Not everytime. We all know that I'm generally the least likely person to reassess probably in the history of mafia. Yet, if an all town wagon emerges, and you don't want it, that presents problems for the gamestate. Having town reaching a hard-fought consensus is generally how town wins games.

Sticking your nose in the sand doesn't help anyone. Statements of "she's newb town" don't help anyone. Engage us. Explain how NC is town, more than the mere conclusion. Mere conclusions don't sway anyone. Show your work.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1251 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:26 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1250, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:No. Not everytime. We all know that I'm generally the least likely person to reassess probably in the history of mafia. Yet, if an all town wagon emerges, and you don't want it, that presents problems for the gamestate. Having town reaching a hard-fought consensus is generally how town wins games.

Sticking your nose in the sand doesn't help anyone. Statements of "she's newb town" don't help anyone. Engage us. Explain how NC is town, more than the mere conclusion. Mere conclusions don't sway anyone. Show your work.
We are like 48 hours into the game day, are you trying to argue that we need a consensus at this point in time?

I don't think I am sticking my nose in the air, though I am very adamantly against this. I also haven't made an argument based on experience level, especially with newbs because newbs are usually more unpredictable than veterans.

NC was clearly trying to press the game forward throughout this game so far, and one of the few who actually wasn't just reluctantly shit posting in Pregame. You might think that means nothing, but I think it was genuine effort. Lately they have been acting erratic but that hasn't changed my opinion on their previous actions.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1252 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:27 am

Post by Reasonably Rational »

In post 1093, grapes wrote:May not be the best idea to draw conclusions here based on varsoon's last couple games.
Grapes you're doing a really good job wrecking town vibes you give off with posts like this one.
Why on earth
would you try and shoot down a super sensible point like that? It's a Varsoon game so will it work exactly the same as it did then? Probably not. But then again, he gave scum ownership of the spaceship in Space Dandy II which gave them a day 2 win if they had played optimally (and if they had realized it was possible).

But Varsoon's mod meta isn't even fucking RELEVANT to the point Almost50 was making. Varsoon warned us bluntly that he gave scum the means to punish attempts to break this game via flavor. He told us flavor claim at our own risk. Almost50 came along and pointed out that Varsoon recently ran a game where if you claimed your flavor name/character, that info could be used to kill you, and his entire point for posting that was to warn people to freaking be careful.

And you want to dismiss that concern because of mod meta ... after Varsoon went way the hell out of his way to warn us not to try and flavor break the game and flat out told us there are measures in places for the scum team to punish flavor claiming?

What the hell dude?
In post 1098, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1086, McMenno wrote:
In post 1070, Almost50 wrote:what would YOU have done were you scum and got invited to a hood where it says "X is Town"??
I would do nothing with it. Me and my scumbuds would already know, and the town would have no need to know.

oh and I think mastina said somewhere that yume was conftown too, I don't remember the post though
I don't think these two ideas are so contradictory. Not sharing that x is conftown is the pro town move to do, unless there is a decent chance the person in question will be mislynched. What scum *can't * do in that situation is fail to support that slot, but there is no reason why they need to immediately share the information with town.

With that said, the most concrete thing we can gather from this is that mastin is almost certainly town, since only in the possibility space where both Yume AND mastin are scum AND they decided it would be a great idea to guarantee that if mastin flips scum at some point Yume will always be lynched immediately afterwards...and thats incredibly implausible. If it were someone less clever than mastin, I'd say it was impossible, but as audacious as that move would be, I don't belive the risk would be worth the reward for scum!her.

So yeah, mastins conftown state should be accepted at face value, so we should act appropriately.

-Cerb
Mastin apparently did something to get a game-long alliance with Yume and that confirmed Mastin as town to Yume, and according to the following quote, it confirmed Yume as town to Mastin. Going to go ahead and just assume they're town until there's some compelling reason to think otherwise.

In post 996, mastin2 wrote:
In post 945, SirCakez wrote:Wait is Yume conftown via mastin?
Yes.
In post 1100, farside22 wrote:Rr: what did you think of grapes points thus far?

I did a reread and the big post is the first time he's really explained his scum reads and they all read for weak reason's in my opinion.
Back and forth. For awhile it was because of his absurd "case" against our slot. Some other stuff I've got in the multi-quote has reinforced the question marks. His "reasoning" for reading us as scum because of me going after Firebringer for inconsistency is just day one bullshit. He hasn't played enough with me to know that I always go after people for being inconsistent or saying things that shouldn't come from them based upon what I know about them and games I've played together with them.

Like ...
NOBODY
who played through Space Dandy II, or any of the following few games where Titus and I were on the same playerlist, could possibly believe that Titus would ever blindly trust me or just info-vomit to me.

And; for the record, despite a very great show of good faith on our part and asking Titus for help planning something, we still don't know the first thing about OWK's role or anything. As I predicted, she isn't saying shit to us or giving us any info.

Firebringer was wrong about something he simply shouldn't be expected to be wrong about, which makes his posts fake, which calls him into serious question. Calling me scum for pushing him on that is just weird.
In post 1111, grapes wrote:
In post 1105, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:Grapes, work the shit out with Farside tvym.
Trying yo.
It looks like you're "trying" in the same way you did in SU original when we proved logically that farside was town and you hammered her and cost us the win.

Too soon?
In post 1148, farside22 wrote:
In post 1143, Not Chara wrote:
In post 1135, SnarkySnowman wrote:Farside is pretty pissed I scum read her huh. And very much in the way of "what the shit everyone townread me you caught me for nonsense reasons"
i don't really agree with your reasons either. you're sayjng farside is scum who is angry about being caught for bad reasons?
are your reasons bad? why should we be listening to you?
I'm more pissed that players aren't voting for obvious scum then anything.
Make the case. You know how we operate. Give me something that's reasonable and we're your huckleberries.
In post 1188, Not Chara wrote:to anyone thinking of allying with grapes: you will not receive any bonuses you would normally get from allying with a player. and no, no need to bother checking. grapes never said this in the thread. or anywhere. i was told by Varsoon when our alliance was created. grapes' name was not specifically mentioned, but i have a hard time believing the cause was anything other than their role.

VOTE: grapes

pedit: ha.
So grapes has negative utility and didn't claim it?
In post 1194, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 1191, farside22 wrote:
In post 1186, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 1178, grapes wrote:Not Chara is obvscum.
There's a wagon there.

@Farside, Do you scumread anyone on the Not Chara wagon?
4 votes isn't much of a wagon in this game.
Seeing how yume is I wouldn't follow it.

Ooooooo how about a wagon on cakez!

Vote: sir cakez
You mean four players, all universally regarded as town, and the wagon doesn't take?
Almost50, myself, Yume, and mastina are all on the NC wagon. The NC wagon is facing major resistance.

Why wouldn't scum be hopping on here if the wagon was wrong as a method of discrediting those on the wagon if it was wrong?

This reminds me very much of the wagon on LQ in Sudoken Mafia.
That's kind of a good observation, especially since Yume and Mastin either are legit conftown or would have to be part of a scum team that decided to put Mastin and Yume out as the people to fake being conftown to one another. Like I said earlier: gonna assume they're conftown unless something major comes along to call for a reassessment there. Almost50 is so OTAF it hurts and so that's a wagon with 2 conftown, 1 really obvious town and you ... and it won't move. That's concerning.
In post 1196, farside22 wrote:
In post 1194, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 1191, farside22 wrote:
In post 1186, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
In post 1178, grapes wrote:Not Chara is obvscum.
There's a wagon there.

@Farside, Do you scumread anyone on the Not Chara wagon?
4 votes isn't much of a wagon in this game.
Seeing how yume is I wouldn't follow it.

Ooooooo how about a wagon on cakez!

Vote: sir cakez
You mean four players, all universally regarded as town, and the wagon doesn't take?
Almost50, myself, Yume, and mastina are all on the NC wagon. The NC wagon is facing major resistance.

Why wouldn't scum be hopping on here if the wagon was wrong as a method of discrediting those on the wagon if it was wrong?

This reminds me very much of the wagon on LQ in Sudoken Mafia.
That's a bad reason to keep pushing it.
Won't join
Move on
That's actually a really good reason. If Not Chara is town, why wouldn't we see more people on that wagon? Why are you trying to derail that wagon, in fact?
In post 1203, grapes wrote:
In post 1188, Not Chara wrote:to anyone thinking of allying with grapes: you will not receive any bonuses you would normally get from allying with a player. and no, no need to bother checking. grapes never said this in the thread. or anywhere. i was told by Varsoon when our alliance was created. grapes' name was not specifically mentioned, but i have a hard time believing the cause was anything other than their role.

VOTE: grapes

pedit: ha.
lol

Scumfucks voting me for role based on an assumption.

VOTE: Not Chara
If someone is supposed to receive a benefit for allying with another person, then allies with you and does not receive the benefit, it logically follows that you are the reason why.

That's negative utility. You didn't claim it earlier. Why not?
In post 1212, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:
Mod: Do scum have daychat?
Yes they do1

1: See next quote.

In post 1, Varsoon wrote:
MISCELLANEOUS:

Any and all anti-town factions in this game have day-chat.

~Drixx
Show
"We'll see who is bad at mafia after I've lynched you." - RadiantCowbells

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

A hydra of Drixx and Cerberus v666
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1253 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Firebringer »

@Drixx if you have a scumread on me, and you have said you want to PL me because I am a dick, why exactly aren't you trying to get me lynched right now?

I don't get that about you right now.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1254 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:29 am

Post by farside22 »

I see little self doubt in your own reads, which makes me nervous about you Grapes.
Fire, you're doing that thing rather than reassessing your own reads with evidence, you try to attack the presenter of the evidence instead. That's textbook confirmation bias.
No he isnt.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1255 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:31 am

Post by grapes »

How is it negative utility?

It can stop scum from getting shit. And forces them to keep not getting shit.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1256 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:34 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1250, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

am I?

No. Not everytime. We all know that I'm generally the least likely person to reassess probably in the history of mafia. Yet, if an all town wagon emerges, and you don't want it, that presents problems for the gamestate. Having town reaching a hard-fought consensus is generally how town wins games.

I asked you a question.
Have you seen scum vomit info this early in the game before.
If so, how often.
I want links with this request

Moves rr back to null scum.
Sarcasm is just a way of saying how stupid you think someone is but in a more polite way.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1257 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:34 am

Post by grapes »

In post 1252, Reasonably Rational wrote:It looks like you're "trying" in the same way you did in SU original when we proved logically that farside was town and you hammered her and cost us the win.

Too soon?
Pretty sure what cost us the win was your hardheaded setup spec I had the game solved.

I hammered fuzzy ftr. I've never read farside wrong.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1258 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:35 am

In post 1253, Firebringer wrote:@Drixx if you have a scumread on me, and you have said you want to PL me because I am a dick, why exactly aren't you trying to get me lynched right now?

You're behaving way out of the norm for you. I don't know for sure that means you are scum. The only actual evidence I have against you is that you tried to say Titus would tell me all kinds of information when you were in freaking Space Dandy II and saw the absurd amount of ugliness between us there. There's no rational headspace for you to be in where you make that assumption and statement.

You also stopped being an asshole, so why would I invest a bunch of effort pushing you over one thing that doesn't make sense when people are literally lining up and falling all over themselves to look more scummy than you?

~D
Show

"Reasonably Rational was bubbled on Day 2. They were Lapis Lazuli, aligned with The Crystal Gems"(town) - Varsoon

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1259 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1258, Reasonably Rational wrote:
In post 1253, Firebringer wrote:@Drixx if you have a scumread on me, and you have said you want to PL me because I am a dick, why exactly aren't you trying to get me lynched right now?

You're behaving way out of the norm for you. I don't know for sure that means you are scum. The only actual evidence I have against you is that you tried to say Titus would tell me all kinds of information when you were in freaking Space Dandy II and saw the absurd amount of ugliness between us there. There's no rational headspace for you to be in where you make that assumption and statement.

You also stopped being an asshole, so why would I invest a bunch of effort pushing you over one thing that doesn't make sense when people are literally lining up and falling all over themselves to look more scummy than you?

~D
You keep bringing up Space Dandy but anyone can tell you that I didn't post much in the game past day 1, and definitely wasn't around for the "ugliness" though I guess I do remember some hostility between you two. I should assume thats a normal between you two because of that game?
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1260 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:37 am

In post 1257, grapes wrote:
In post 1252, Reasonably Rational wrote:It looks like you're "trying" in the same way you did in SU original when we proved logically that farside was town and you hammered her and cost us the win.

Too soon?
Pretty sure what cost us the win was your hardheaded setup spec I had the game solved.

You know that you can't just hand wave reality away right? People can go look at SU and see that we cleared Farside, see that our proposed way to play out the game would result in a town win, and would see that you got pissy and hammered someone you knew was town because ... well you never actually explained why. I do recall you admitting it was really selfish and then not seeing you again until now. Did you join so you could fuck over town this game too?
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1261 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:38 am

In post 1255, grapes wrote:How is it negative utility?

It can stop scum from getting shit. And forces them to keep not getting shit.
Umm... let's see. You shut down people's alliance powers. There are more town than scum. Maths is apparently hard for you?
Show

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1262 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:38 am

Post by grapes »

In post 1252, Reasonably Rational wrote:Firebringer was wrong about something he simply shouldn't be expected to be wrong about, which makes his posts fake, which calls him into serious question. Calling me scum for pushing him on that is just weird.
Nobody is calling you scum for making a push.

Grapes is calling your push fake and over inflated.

What's your read on chara?
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1263 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:39 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

@Drixx,

Grapes is no more negative utility than a roleblocker is negative utility. You may object to any role being negative utility in that sense. Yet, things like millers, ascetics, redirectors and ninjas are what we think of when discussing negative utility. NOt a role that if used incorrectly can hurt town.

@Farside,

Will find your question and answer it in a moment.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1264 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:40 am

Post by grapes »

In post 1261, Reasonably Rational wrote:Umm... let's see. You shut down people's alliance powers. There are more town than scum. Maths is apparently hard for you?
Yea so is Town roleblocker neg utility now just because there's more town than scum?

Is my witholding that part of my claim and trying to ally with scum not seem like a town motivated approach to the role?

Are you calling me scum? Can't tell drixx.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1265 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Firebringer »

I am so legit confused on all RRs reads.
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1266 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:41 am

Post by Firebringer »

Which doesn't help change my read on him at all.
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1267 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:43 am

In post 1262, grapes wrote:
In post 1252, Reasonably Rational wrote:Firebringer was wrong about something he simply shouldn't be expected to be wrong about, which makes his posts fake, which calls him into serious question. Calling me scum for pushing him on that is just weird.
Nobody is calling you scum for making a push.

Grapes is calling your push fake and over inflated.

What's your read on chara?
Why are you speaking about yourself in the third person?

By definition all early pushes are going to seem silly compared to later when more info is available and better cases can be made. That's why I'm not sweating it. You'll come around because we're consistent and time will make it obvious.

I already said what I think about Not Chara, albeit indirectly. I think OWK (Titus head I think) has a very good point that something is wrong when a wagon on someone that consists of two conftown, someone who is so OTAF it hurts and OWK and people are throwing themselves at the wagon trying to derail it ... something's wrong there.

If you're putting a gun to my head, I think that just looking at that is enough to warrant pushing Not Chara further.

Also: you should probably respect the fact that Not Chara has asked for the gender neutral pronouns from you at least twice that I noticed now and you keep defaulting to masculine.

~D
Show

Obi-Wan Kenobi
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Obi-Wan Kenobi
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1268 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Obi-Wan Kenobi »

In post 1256, farside22 wrote:

am I?

I asked you a question.
If so, how often.

Vomit "info"? Or just whine and complain about being scum.

You should check out Suikoden Mafia. This is a lot like LickedQuickety's scumgame.

Not every scum lurks like a mothertrucker when suspected.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1269 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:44 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1257, grapes wrote:

Too soon?

In post 1263, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@Drixx,

Grapes is no more negative utility than a roleblocker is negative utility. You may object to any role being negative utility in that sense. Yet, things like millers, ascetics, redirectors and ninjas are what we think of when discussing negative utility. NOt a role that if used incorrectly can hurt town.

@Farside,

Don't forget about these too.
If so, how often.
farside22
farside22
Mafia Mum
farside22
Mafia Mum
Mafia Mum

Post Post #1270 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:47 am

Post by farside22 »

In post 1268, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

am I?

I asked you a question.
If so, how often.

You should check out Suikoden Mafia. This is a lot like LickedQuickety's scumgame.

Okay let me explain what I see when I get to the computer.

Also rr was hovering over the idea of voting chara. You should reread his long post.
grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1271 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:49 am

Post by grapes »

Dude last SU game sonic outed me and tried to twist info and circumstance to get me lynched.

This is deja vu.
Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1272 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:50 am

In post 1263, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:@Drixx,

@Farside,

Hrm... good point. Maybe.

A roleblocker is a targeted power that you aim at someone and they get blocked. This is a situation where we set up alliances mutually, and Grapes (apparently?) has no control over whether he does it or not.

I suppose I agree. It probably is moot because grapes either won't ally with anyone for the rest of the game or he'll become conftown somehow and presumably if that happens some clever way to use him to disrupt scum will come to mind. And it's not necessarily the case that he used it incorrectly anyway. I didn't have Not Chara anywhere near possible scum until you pointed out the weirdness with the wagon, so Grapes may have done really good.

@Grapes - Sorry for being snide. I let my snark run away with me a bit. As to your direct question; given the standard we don't really do reads early on I am leaning towards not scum on you because of your role. It seems like the kind of risk/reward role Varsoon likes to give to town and he would have to be miles and miles away from his established tendencies for you to be scum with that particular ability. I know you don't like setup spec, but sometimes it helps.

~D
Show

Reasonably Rational
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Reasonably Rational
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1273 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:51 am

In post 1270, farside22 wrote:
In post 1268, Obi-Wan Kenobi wrote:

am I?

I asked you a question.
If so, how often.

Okay let me explain what I see when I get to the computer.

Also rr was hovering over the idea of voting chara. You should reread his long post.
I actually asked you to convince me and then I got to Titus pointing out the weirdness about the wagon. Cerb is busy at work so it's up to me at the moment.
Show

grapes
grapes
Mafia Scum
grapes
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1274 (ISO) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 7:55 am

Post by grapes »

@Cakes
Wanna ally?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”