Micro 643: Desperation Day (Game Over)

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #200 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:10 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Wagon hopping is generally seen as scummy.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 12:51 pm

Post by rb »

What's forced about key's posts? I think key is obvtown but I don't wanna explain reasons as scum can copy them. I think it's a very bad lynch to lynch key though.
xyzzy
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
xyzzy
they/them
comical third option
comical third option
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:18 pm

Post by xyzzy »

In post 135, xyzzy wrote:BTD6_maker has hardly said anything at all, and hasn't really said much of anything of substance. not a huge fan of that.
BTD6_maker became a whole lot better since I made this post
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I want to say more than I am, but I don't really have anything interesting to say.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Comparing Realities »

In post 100, Comparing Realities wrote:
In post 27, keyenpeydee wrote:
Spoiler: Unnecessary backstory
In post 25, Mas y Menos wrote:
In post 24, keyenpeydee wrote:I don't like this post.
What do you not like about it Key?

~Menos

First of all, On that post, You said we should just skip D1 and D2 because we auto win when we lynched a Mafia D3. So how do we lynch scum if we don't have any evidences and info?

NL-ing on D1 and D2 is never a good choice. There's still a chance that if we lynched a mafia D1 or D2, We can use some things that he town read the most, Which have a possibility it's his scum buddy.

For me, you are the most scummy here and I don't get your point.

VOTE: Mas y Menos
Bad ideas D1 =/= scummy
Bad ideas = possible D1 lynch target if no explicitly scummier persons emerge
If having a bad idea makes you scum, then town is the minority faction. If you want to seriously argue that this is serious evidence in favor of Mas being scum, then you first have to demonstrate why scum!Mas wants to put their neck on the line by seeding the conscious with ideas that they know are bad. Furthermore, I don't think that scum!Mas would be inclined to introduce a volatile and generally unfamiliar tactic that would indubitably make them the target of the game's first controversy, while at the same time possibly being a helpful tool for town.
So, keeping this in mind as I read Mas y Menos: I had no direct evidence on them for the time being,
but
, if the talkative head of Mas appears to know this is a bad idea, they are scum with a peculiar courage, and if they don't, they are not scum.
Most of these reads are just my untrained high school psychology reads, possible freudian slips Mas might perpetrate. They're all highly subjective, but I'm confident you'll be able to see where I'm coming from.

Spoiler: Relevant posts made by Mas Y, formerly the fake Menos, before my megapost
In post 17, Mas y Menos wrote:Guys, since we auto win if we lynch Mafia on Day 3
I suggest we just skip both Day 1 and Day 2.

We can still scumhunt until then, but I don't want to lynch anyone till day 3. Especially not strongest scumread till then.
Because we don't need to lynch both scum, just on the right day.

Thoughts?

~menos
Okay, this is the big pitch. Does it feel like he knows this is a bad idea?
He begins the suggestion with cordial "guys". This sounds pretty benign to me, like a child saying, "guys, check out this cool bug I found". On the other hand, his assertion "I don't want to lynch anyone till day 3" is stronger, more defiant; the idea hasn't been discussed yet, and he's already taking sides, picking a favorite team.
In post 20, Mas y Menos wrote:So what you think of delaying lynches to ensure a town win on day 3?
I doubt we will lynch 2 scum days 1 and 2. Statistically thats not likely.
Also would be harder to lynch a scum on day 3 if there are only 1 of them.

And if we just do mislynches then there are less town to figure it out.

I think we should do it!

~Menos
That operative word in line one, "ensure", feels very contrived, as does his statement that he "doubts" we'll lynch scum, and "statistically that's not likely." Later Mas shows us how much he hates statistics, but right then he was using it to advance his idea.
In post 22, Mas y Menos wrote:
In post 21, xyzzy wrote:and go into day 3 with basically no info besides who died nights 1 and 2 and which players agreed to no lynch? that seems like a wildly bad idea
That is enough info for me.

~Menos
"That is enough info for me"... Still sticking to his idea, despite the criticism, suggesting a strong opinion on the matter, suggesting Mas is scum knowing it's a less-than-ideal idea. It was only mild criticism, though.
In post 28, Mas y Menos wrote:

~Menos
First of all, On that post, You said we should just skip D1 and D2 because we auto win when we lynched a Mafia D3. So how do we lynch scum if we don't have any evidences and info?

NL-ing on D1 and D2 is never a good choice. There's still a chance that if we lynched a mafia D1 or D2, We can use some things that he town read the most, Which have a possibility it's his scum buddy.

My point was that mislynching on day 1 is likely cause we are at zero information vantage point.
We maybe lynch scum day 2 but then its hard to lynch them on day 3 because now theres only one.

~Menos
Ignoring the detail that if there's only one scum left, it shouldn't matter what day we lynch them on, we still win, Mas sounds sincere in this post. He's not belligerent or coercive, he doesn't play with words; this feels uncensored, straight-from-the-brain, no scum-to-town filter applied.
In post 30, Mas y Menos wrote:Like the chance of scum lynch on day 1 is objectively low.
A player on my homesite once did an analysis of lynches day 1, it hit scum in 5% of the total games.
And games where the town no lynched on day 1 they had an 20% higher chance of winning then if they did lynch day 1.

Sometimes day 1 lynch is just not optimal.

~Menos
It's true that a scum lynch isn't likely to happen, but D1 lynches aren't meant to accurately hit scum. They are supposed to start the game off with a nice bit of information. I, personally, feel that this should be obvious, but the culture of theirr home site may be different. If the culture there explicitly ignores this philosophy, then Mas was just repeating an obvious thing they learned to do. But if the site doesn't propagate that opinion, Mas may have just been intentionally missing the point.
Mas Y Menos, what site do you hail from? I want to research this claim independently, tell me where to find it.
Also, nobody mention the above request. I want to see if Mas is reading my wall posts.
In post 40, Mas y Menos wrote:
In post 39, rb wrote:Gimmicks are bad and we're not doing it.
Yes we are.

~Mas Y
"Yes we are" is a very firm, authoritative statement; gone is the wheedling and cajoling from earlier.
In post 44, Mas y Menos wrote:I prefer my plan.

My plans are great

~Mas Y
We're gonna lynch, we'll lynch the best scum, believe me, I know, I know so many, many good scum, and, believe me, we'll lynch them, my plan is, I mean, I have a plan, the pan is lynch the scum, very good scum, meaning, you know, in terms of, lynching them, we'll do that, just not right now, later, very much later.
(Unrelated but w/e)
In post 49, Mas y Menos wrote:
In post 48, xyzzy wrote:the mathematical probability of certain events happening is literally half of the entire basis on which the balance of mafia games is based (the other half is that town is, on average, not that good). you're arguing that town should do something that is objectively not in their best interest when you have direct evidence for why that's the case right in front of you
Thats not direct evidence dipshit thats fucking theoritical math.

~Mas Y
Oh, shoot, out come the big guns. Even after everything people have said, Mas gets belligerent; they
really
want this idea pushed through, even though everyone has given many reasons why it's not a good idea. Sometimes everyone in the town can be objectively wrong at the same time, except for you, but that's never likely. I think the most significant part about this is that Mas stopped arguing over the quality of the policy itself, and went into profane ad hominem attacks. They couldn't offer a real reason as to why the plan should be adopted, but they still want it accepted; exactly what you would do if you want something even though you know you're wrong.
In post 53, Mas y Menos wrote:
In post 52, Gamma Emerald wrote:No, in fact, we likely have an even better chance if we lynch, as we can get vote reactions. This guy's not getting it at all.
A vote reaction to a mislynch train usually leads to very little info.
Can you pinpoint games in which mislynches helped you solve the game by how people went on the wagons?

Cause I can show you were mislynch trains compound on each other because town misreads town and other town thinks that other one was being scum pushing that, far more often then the opposite.

~Mas Y
Very contemptuous stubbornness--"can
you
pinpoint a game in which mislynching made future scumhunting easier?"
In post 58, Mas y Menos wrote:
In post 55, BlackStar wrote:I thought he was saying that you shouldn't rely solely on math to predict how people will act in the game. Which is kind of ironic because he's the one who brought up math in the first place
Its mostly hypocritical.
I am just trying to get support for my idea.

I don't believe my data shows how players actually play. I think people just eat up data easily.

~Mas Y
"I am just trying to get support for my idea".
Checkmate.
This was intentional; they weren't just floating an idea by, they were fully committed to advancing an agenda. At the beginning, Mas pretended to be just presenting a peculiar idea he had that might be helpful--remember how them saying they "suggest" we skip lynching D1 & 2. Now his tone has completely changed,
without actually seeming to have made better case for the idea now than earlier.
If the evidence presented was the same back then as it is now, then how did MAs change his mind so dramatically, even as people resisted the idea? Why did Mas pretend to be merely raising an interesting possibility, when they knew darn well what they really wanted was "support for my idea"?

Mas gives up after this; no posts beyond this and before mine seriously fight for his idea. He backed off pretty quickly, don't you think, for calling one of his main opponents a "dipshit". All in all, way more bits of evidence suggesting he was scum who knew this was a bad idea and therefore really wanted it, than just a town with an idea they wanted to discuss.

I want to make sure rb read this post in its entirety, so tell me: do ctrl+f and tell me if I ever used the word "presume". If I did, use the word "presume" in your next post, please.

VOTE: Mas Y Menos
I have little hope for democracy as an effective means of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well I'm convinced, but I'll wait for VC until I vote.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Well I'm convinced, but I'll wait for VC until I vote.
<Embrace The Void>

callforjudgement
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
callforjudgement
Microprocessor
Microprocessor

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by callforjudgement »

Vote Count
xyzzy
(2): rb, keyenpeydee
Mas y Menos
(2): xyzzy, Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
(1): Mas y Menos
keyenpeydee
(1): BlackStar
BTD6_maker
(1): Alchemist21

Not voting
(2): Gamma Emerald, BTD6_maker

With 9 votes in play, 5 votes are required for a lynch.
Deadline is Thursday 22 September at 06:10 UTC (
automatic countdown: (expired on 2016-09-22 06:10:00)
)
scum
· scam · seam · team · term · tern · torn ·
town
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:30 pm

I was looking back to the bit where xyzzy said rb was a solid lynchcandidate, and:
In post 135, xyzzy wrote:I'm gonna keep my vote on Mas y Menos because I feel like they're trying to fly under the radar so that we'll forget anything scummy they've done, but rb is definitely a solid lynch candidate at the moment
That's the same reasoning I had with Mas. They made their point, tried to ram it through, but when it failed, they immediately dropped the case.

rb, it's not fair to think someone is scummy because they "solidly" scumread you, when they qualified
in the exact same sentence
that they are not lynching you because someone else is scummier at the moment. Come on. Scumhunting 101, barring gimmicks or impending hammer, vote the scummiest guy you see. You should know that.

BTD6, why did you put alchemist as weakscum, the lowest on your rankings?
I have little hope for democracy as an effective means of government, but I admire the poetry of how it makes its victims complicit in their own destruction.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:31 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Okay. Now that we have VC:
<Embrace The Void>

Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:34 pm

That's L-2.
Comparing Realities
Comparing Realities
Goon
Comparing Realities
Goon
Goon

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:44 pm

What did I say that convinced you so easily, Gamma?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:55 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Because he really seems like scum who wants to derail town.
<Embrace The Void>

rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by rb »

Mas, thoughts on this wagon? I have some, but you're the one at risk so I want you to say it first.
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by rb »

Key: are you okay with Mas lynch?
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 9:12 pm

Post by keyenpeydee »

In post 214, rb wrote:Key: are you okay with Mas lynch?
I'm okay with lynching Mas. I gotta say i kinda agree with what Comparing Realities say. Since the early game, I really suspect him though and my gut feeling says he's scum. I can't read him. Well, my read is like he's too scummy to be town.

And I believe when CR made a wall post that basically 50% of it is all about Mas, Mas voted CR which struck me. And since xyzzy doesn't want to answer my question, She can be lynched D3 and we'll win. But rn, Mas is a good lynch for D1.

I know, I'm putting Mas at L-1 but we need things moving.
VOTE: Mas Y Menos
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:55 pm

Post by rb »

The fuck are you doing? I think you're town but that is just dumb.

Deadline is nearly 11 days away, we have 9 pages. Nothing needs "moving".
rb
rb
Survivor
rb
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:56 pm

Post by rb »

I'm policy tunneling you and whoever hammers if this day ends so early.
BTD6_maker
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
BTD6_maker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:26 am

Post by BTD6_maker »

With CR being my strongest Townread and Mas y Menos being my strongest scumread, at this stage I am willing to agree with CR and vote Mas. I'll give it a bit more time before hammering though (deadline is far away).

It's true that Mas y Menos made a mistake in suggesting it and that if that was an honest mistake it's NAI, but as CR said, Mas y Menos' stubborn attempts to justify it instead of admitting that they were wrong seems scummy.
"one of these days i'll read you correctly" - Transcend, Micro 714
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:45 am

Post by BlackStar »

In post 216, rb wrote:The fuck are you doing? I think you're town but that is just dumb.

Deadline is nearly 11 days away, we have 9 pages. Nothing needs "moving".
This is exactly what I was talking about when I said Key's posts are scummy
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:47 am

Post by BlackStar »

He joins every wagon using a bs justification and doesn't seem to care who gets lynched
keyenpeydee
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
keyenpeydee
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:50 am

Post by keyenpeydee »

Well he's scummy enough since D1.
Show
Games that I modded:

|| Mini Normal 1848 || The Hogwarts Mafia || Valentine's Day || The Divergent Series || Another Mafia || Cities & Beaches || Moonlight || 13 Reasons Why ||

Get to know a Keyenpeydee!

"Cause a queen is what I embody."
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:51 am

Post by BlackStar »

So why didn't you stay on him the whole time and push for him to be lynched?
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:04 am

Post by BlackStar »

These are the posts you made when you initially voted him

~Menos

You initially vote him because you don't understand him. Yeah, he made a bad point but having a bad idea doesn't make you scum. The normal thing to do is to ask someone to explain them self when you don't understand them. You didn't ask for more justification and just jumped straight into a vote.
In post 32, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 30, Mas y Menos wrote:Like the chance of scum lynch on day 1 is objectively low.
A player on my homesite once did an analysis of lynches day 1, it hit scum in 5% of the total games.
And games where the town no lynched on day 1 they had an 20% higher chance of winning then if they did lynch day 1.

Sometimes day 1 lynch is just not optimal.

~Menos
Yeah I know. Do you seriously get my point tho?
In post 97, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 62, Mas y Menos wrote:
In post 61, xyzzy wrote:thnx 4 the help <3
If I was mafia, I would kill you night 1.

~Mas Y
You're saying this cauz' you will kill someone but xyzzy and after that, you'll kill her next night. Still I would love to vote for you.
This post is dumb. It's just baseless accusations and acting as if they're fact. And then you somehow forget that you're voting for him and say you'd love to vote for him. Wtf? Even if you did forget that you're were voting him, you could've just voted again. Why would you say that someone is scum and you want to vote them and then not do it?
In post 124, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 121, Mas y Menos wrote:Comparing Realities is the only one pinging me right now:

VOTE: Comparing Realities

I have town on Alchemist, Rb, XYZ.
Rest Null.

Also Alchemist, I think this continues the trend of us being same alignment :)

~Mas Y
You're basically voting CR because his whole post is about you. I didn't read it well but from what I read, It's all about you.
"I didn't read the post but I'm going to act cast more doubt on you anyway"
BlackStar
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
BlackStar
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:13 am

Post by BlackStar »

Then you move on to this wagon. Let's see how things play out over here
In post 158, keyenpeydee wrote:I don't like what you are doing, rb.
{deleted: ongoing games discussion — callforjudgement}
Plus, your arguments are plain non sense. Why? It doesn't involve scum hunting; You're arguing about CR's wall post which is meh; Can you explain more clearly why are you voting for xyzzy?

If you don't like this game, consider replacing out.

VOTE: rb

That looks like you're alluding to an ongoing game. Please stay well away from any mention of ongoing games; just because you don't say their name, that doesn't necessarily mean it's impossible for people to work out what you mean (and if you
want
people to work out what you mean, you're pretty much talking about the game directly). — callforjudgement
In post 164, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 160, rb wrote:Is this a vote for scum or an "I dislike you" vote. If it's the latter, unvote. If the former, explain why.
Both
Seems like a strong suspicion. From this I expected a strong case or push.
In post 186, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 127, Mas y Menos wrote:hey firebringer, should we vote the
dabbing panda?

I feel like that's the plan

~Menos
Is this an insult?
Key's next post is him replying to a random post from five million years ago. I don't know why you'd randomly ask this now instead of going after the guy you supposedly scum read so strongly.
In post 188, keyenpeydee wrote:
In post 138, rb wrote:VOTE: Xyzzy

I like this better than Mas. Xyzzy doesn't do much other than throw shade and despite thinking I'm a strong lynch candidate, keeps their vote aligned with mine. Key, Alchemist: thoughts?
UNVOTE:

Hmm.. Lemmee do an Iso read.
Your scum read votes for someone so you unvote and listen to them? That makes absolutely no sense. You could've looked through xyzzy's ISO without unvoting first. This just looks to me like you knew the whole time that rb was town, his wagon didn't gain enough traction and you were getting ready to hop off his wagon and join him on the xyzzy wagon

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”