Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #25 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Shadoweh »

oamkyd i whas asskekd to hgivie a winenrs spoekch!

nwo that im in the statty i spent morst of the ghame in i feel its fiiiiina.olly time ogfr me to say

iiiiiiii loved all of you sooooooooooooooooooooooo amsuch :) tyou are all my basbsies and i senjoyed flirting iwth each s in everiy one of you wainksy s ;)
ki trised so many fiiternt thinskj to makes games and iwns, i was al,ll like
as the posion ivey i was all like hey mby lrets means girls it up yo smashe y the wareaks faces
and wasabbiiii was like GRR OBEY ME TINEY FRIENDS STABBY STABB oh sitht im deads
and veeeeeee en veeee was like wquets sneaksy sneaksy whish was greats but then the end was sadeowehs :( :( :(
and noccie was a little bit of both but aso a nice sheld but that sheidl didn't like me and it was a sads and i wasn't hohhnsest enuf tow my vriends

so i treists a l ittle bit s of this and thhats and hanging and well forgets inyg thne mgames tlots to ha e ha[[sy bATMAN INIGHTS AND TALKSY AND FUN AND JUSTS HAVES A NHAPPY TIMES with my firneds and apparnetthy THATS ho u wins suviv8ies! gotamsa be ol ike girls it up yo and belikes atherers mah gurl to be bgrr obets then be nseaksys with a biiiig sgidled. ands tihen i learnsed: i winsrf by biengns shadfkgoweh! yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

MNOO MYORE WHELS
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #26 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Xalxe »

were any of those words
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
MattP
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
MattP
Dr. Feelgood
Dr. Feelgood

Post Post #27 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by MattP »

In post 25, Shadoweh wrote:ok i was asked to give a winners speech!

Now that I'm in the state I spent most of the game in I feel it's finally time for me to say:

I loved all of you soooo much, you are all my babies and I enjoyed flirting with each and every one of you, wink(or wankers???)

I tried so many different things to make games and wins, I was all like
as the poison ivy I was all like hey bby lets Mean Girls it up yo smash the weak faces
and wasabi was like GRR OBEY ME TINY FRIENDS STABBY STAB oh shit I'm dead
And v en v (???) was like wguert sneaky sneaky sneaky, which was great but then the end was *sad*oweh (get it? instead of shadoweh? ha) :(
and nocturne was a little bit of both but also a nice shield but that shield (shaco?) didn't like me and it was sad and I wasn't honest enough to my friends

So I tried a little bit of this and that and hanging and well forgetting the games ______ batman nights and talking and fun and just have happy times with my friends and apparently THAT'S how you win survivor! Gotta be like girl-it-up yo and be like ____ mah gurls to be _____ than be _____ with a big _____. And then I learned: I win by being Shadoweh!
yayyy!

No more walls!!
I think this is a sort of translation. I think she gets drunker at the end!
SlappyKrust
CuddlyCaucasian
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
CuddlyCaucasian
Professor of Being a Dog
Professor of Being a Dog

Post Post #28 (ISO) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by CuddlyCaucasian »

you did the lord's work
"CC is very [whatever the equivalent of photogenic as it applies to videos]" - racefan12

"CC is an objectively attractive person." - Crazy

"You look like a happy version of Trent Reznor." - LicketyQuickety

"Do you practice sounding like you're high all the time?" - xofelf
Radja
Radja
Serial Thriller
Radja
Serial Thriller
Serial Thriller

Post Post #29 (ISO) » Mon Sep 05, 2016 2:59 am

Post by Radja »

best speech ever.
"I think mafia is the only thing that makes me angrier than driving" - Cheetory6
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #30 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:59 pm

Post by Xalxe »

So I'm hijacking my own thread to talk about a thing here. I'll have a longer post on game design later in the week but for now, I'd like to propose the idea of standardizing challenge descriptors, with regards to announcing beforehand what sort of challenge it is.

The main issue right now is that I think we have a real good idea of what a "live" and "non-live" challenge is, but "semi-live" tends to be a weird floaty word that can mean lots of things! So this is my proposal, and I welcome feedback on it.

The New System of Challenge Types
:
Live
: A live challenge is one that takes 1-3 hours, and which you must be online at the time the challenge is posted to complete. Live challenges should be at a time where an equal number of competitors from each side can be online. Examples from this game: Coup, Disney Jeopardy, Elimination, and Ghost.

Rounds
(this is a garbage name): A challenge which takes place in rounds, typically 8-12 hours, in which each player must be around for each round to submit an action. Examples include Space Ranger Spin or this game's Survivor Auction.

Semi-Live
: A challenge which is not a live challenge, but which requires expanded effort over a 24-48 hour period, either due to constant tribe planning or other non-standard submissions. Examples include the aborted Scavenger Hunt, Common Link and Monorail.

Timed
: A challenge which will require players to be timed on their performance, generally by agreeing on a start time with a moderator. Examples from this game include Stitch's Great Escape, Stairway to Immunity and certain elements of Divide and Conquer.

Non-Live
: A challenge which requires one submission over a 24-48 hour period, which required minimal effort. Examples include every flash challenge ever, Eye Test, BrantSteele Simulator, and Thumbtacks.

Discussion Questions
:
1) Does a challenge like Monorail, which requires two players arranging a time, count as a Rounds or a Semi-Live?
2) Eon's Divisive Moment. Where does a challenge like that fit, and why do I still have nightmares about it?
2) Are there other categories that I've missed under these guidelines?
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
D3f3nd3r
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
D3f3nd3r
he/him
Best Social Game
Best Social Game
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #31 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by D3f3nd3r »

I'd add a category "Long-term Live" for challenges like Divisive Moment, that first trivia challenge in LoL, and driving the ship forward. It's more important to have all times covered but less important how many people are around at any given time.
“The assumption of good faith is dead”

(profile pic by datisi)
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #32 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Xalxe »

As ani pointed out, I totally forgot Endurance as a thing. That is also a thing.
Cheery Dog
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Cheery Dog
Kayak
Kayak

Post Post #33 (ISO) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Cheery Dog »

I think Divisive Moment would be a "Live Rounds"

yeah rounds is still a garbage name, but it does describe the general thing as they're all called rounds somewhere.
Holder of the Longest Continuous Weekly Mafiascum Post Record. 1 July 2012 - 16 Feb 2023
*It may be held by someone else if you discount the major downtime in 2012 and 2014, I'm not doing the research.

Return to “Social Game Archive”