chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #0) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:32 am

Post by chilledtea »

The eight day deadline is very important for me and I will notify them during the signups. Too many times in my experience has it resulted in games floating about doing nothing and in my opinion this should benefit the town more than scum.

Surely the limitations like x-shot should make them similar to vanilla townies once they have used their shot? The main reasoning behind so many PR's is because I don't want town to setup speculation. Too many times town depends on setup speculation and policy lynches, which imo are bad choices.

This is also the first ever setup of mine so I figured there might be balance issues. I just don't want setup speculation to create problems for scum fakeclaims or create confirmed townies and such. The more PR's, the better it is I think.

I am open to suggestions though.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:35 am

Post by chilledtea »

I will also delete that line in the rules which ether pointed out. It was copied as is from BnP with small editing here and there.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:49 am

Post by chilledtea »

I was under the impression that under normal guidelines, mafia could only carry out one action?

If that's not the case, I will state as such in the rules itself.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #3) » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:29 am

Post by chilledtea »

While it's true that setup speculation is more likely with PR's, I also believe that it is more successful in town's hands if there are less PR's.

Am I wrong in thinking that way? I feel that scum have more of a chance of hiding amongst PR's if there are more PR's and as a result town will have to do actual scumhunting and town hunting to find scum/town instead of relying on claims.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #4) » Sat Jul 02, 2016 10:02 am

Post by chilledtea »

What if I remove the 1-shot cop and turn him into a vanilla?

ascetic, 2-shot tracker, 2-shot gunsmith, 2-shot vigilante, bodyguard, 5 vanillas - Town

Doctor, goon, vanilla cop - Mafia

How would this be?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:22 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 11, Cephrir wrote:"During night phase, you can track a person to see whom they targeted (if any). You are limited to using it on only 2 night phases in the game."

This is pretty weird wording and not consistent with other PMs. It seems to remove the possibility of a Roleblocker being in the game with its weirdness.
Yeah, I worded the PMs myself. You can use it on only 2 night phases, doesn't imply that it has to be successful though.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #6) » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:30 am

Post by chilledtea »

So would you say that setup is balanced? Should I change one of the PR's to some other x-shot to not make it predictable?

I don't want predictibility to affect the game.

Maybe 1-shot tracker, 3-shot gunsmith, 2-shot vigilante, bodyguard, 5 vanillas - Town

Doctor, goon, vanilla cop - Mafia ?

Who is more powerful in practice? Gunsmith, or tracker?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (isolation #7) » Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:41 pm

Post by chilledtea »

I am going to assume that the thread in Mafia Discussion is the reason why people are taking their time with this review?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (isolation #8) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:21 am

Post by chilledtea »

Mafia won't be able to use both their abilities and night action on the same night. It is either night action, or factional ability.

Town : 3-shot tracker, 3-shot Gunsmith, 2-shot Vigilante, Bodyguard, Ascetic, 5 Vanilla Town.

Mafia : Goon, Vanilla Cop, Doctor.

How does this look? I am not in favour of a full tracker if the game can do without it. It would help in reducing the predictability even more though. But rather the tracker is made to think about whom he/she targets.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #9) » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:48 am

Post by chilledtea »

Was wondering if I can use this thread as Mod thread when the game gets assigned to me?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #10) » Tue Jul 12, 2016 2:40 am

Post by chilledtea »

Can I / Should I use this thread as a Mod thread?

Anyways to summarize the changes :

1) Change vote tags in rules.
2) Remove rule no 2 from setup info.
3) Add a rule in setup info which states that mafia cannot carry out factional kill along with their individual ability (if any).
4) Remove 1-shot Cop, and change tracker, gunsmith roles.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #11) » Sat Jul 16, 2016 9:11 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Yes I will do so. Was away for a while.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #12) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:41 am

Post by chilledtea »

General Rules :

1) All site-wide rules apply. In particular, no discussion of ongoing games is allowed.
2) No discussion of this game allowed anywhere outside this game thread (which includes PMs), unless otherwise stated by your Role PM.
3) My Mod color is (#tobedecided). Do not use it.
4) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PMs from the Mod, real or fabricated.
5) Play to your win condition. Do not claim scum with another player regardless of your alignment, there will be consequences.
6) No personal attacks.
7) Do not edit or delete your post, even if you have the ability to do so.
8) No using encrypted text, small text, bright-coloured text, or otherwise make it hard to see what you are writing.
9) Use common sense. There are probably many other rules but I forgot about them. If it feels wrong, please don't do it. If in doubt, contact the Mod.
10) Expressing intent to break a rule, fake breaking a rule, finding loopholes in a rule or encouraging someone to break a rule is equivalent to breaking the rule itself and will suffer similar consequences.
11) Questions relating to roles, either yours, or someone else's or imaginary, will not be entertained in the game thread. If you have a question regarding roles, you have to ask me by PM and it won't be answered in the game thread.

Voting and Lynching rules:

1) Day phases will last 8 days.

2) Night phases last exactly 2 days (48 hours)
3) Use either bold tags or vote tags to vote someone. It is preferable if you vote at the start of a line.
For example :
VOTE : chilledtea

Code: Select all

[b]VOTE : chilledtea[/b]

or
VOTE: chilledtea

[v]VOTE : chilledtea[/v]

4) Votes to No Lynch are accepted, indicated by
VOTE: No Lynch
or VOTE: No Lynch.
5) To unvote, use the unvote tag (UNVOTE: ) or bold (
UNVOTE :
), but I'll accept VOTE: Unvote as well.
6) Votes in quote tags will not be counted. Please do not put votes in any other tags, they will not be counted either.
7) It takes a strict majority (half of all players plus 1, rounded down) to achieve a lynch. It takes a weak majority (half of all players, rounded up) to No Lynch.
8) If a majority was not met by deadline, a No Lynch will happen.
9) When a lynch has been achieved, it is final, and any further votes or unvotes will not count. Everyone (including the lynched person) may continue to post until I post the lynch scene.
10) When you are dead, do not post, game related or not. This means no ‘bah' posts.
11) If the Mod has made an error in the vote count, please post the error in thread.

Activity and Replacements:

1) 48 hours without a post will incur a prod.
2) If you do not respond to the prod by posting in the main thread within 24 hours, you will be replaced.
3) Three prods and I will also replace you.
4) If a replacement happens near deadline, I may grant an extension. I reserve the right not to give this extension if I feel it's being abused.
5) If a replacement happens at Night, I will freeze the deadline until a replacement is found.

Setup Information:

1) This is a 13 player Normal closed setup. It follows the Normal game guidelines.
2) It is also guaranteed that at least one player is a Vanilla Townie, who will receive the role PM as shown below.
3) Natural Action Resolution is in effect.
4) Please submit Night actions on time. Overdue Night actions will not count, even if I haven't resolved them yet.
5) If you believe the Mod has made an error in resolving effects, please PM me.
6) A single Mafia member cannot carry out their factional kill, along with his/her night action (if any).

Sample Role PM
:
Spoiler:
Welcome to Mini Normal [x]!
You are a
Vanilla Town
You get to vote for a lynch every day phase in which you are alive.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town member is alive.
[link for game thread]

Role PMs :

Town Roles :

You are a
3-shot Tracker
During night phase, you can track a person to see whom they targeted (if any). You are limited to using it on only 3 night phases in the game.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated and at least one town member is alive.
[link for game thread]

You are a
3-shot Gunsmith
During night phase, you can track a person to see if they own a gun. You can use it on only 3 night phases in the game.
[link for game thread]

You are an
Ascetic
You cannot get targeted by anyone during the night, except for kills.
[link for game thread]

You are a
Bodyguard
During night phase, you have the option of selecting one player to be saved from one kill. If successful, you get killed instead of your target.
[link for game thread]

You are a
2-shot Vigilante
During night phase, you have the option of selecting one player to be killed. You can only shoot twice in the game.
[link for game thread]

You are a
Vanilla Town
[link for game thread]

Mafia Roles :

You are a
Mafia Goon
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members [redacted] and [redacted] in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill.
You win when mafia is the only faction that is alive or if nothing can stop that from happening.
[link for game thread]
[link for mafia PT]

You are a
Mafia Vanilla Cop
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members [redacted] and [redacted] in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill. You can check one person to see if they are vanilla or otherwise. You cannot do more than one action on one night.
You win when mafia is the only faction that is alive or if nothing can stop that from happening.
[link for game thread]
[link for mafia PT]

You are a
Mafia Doctor
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members [redacted] and [redacted] in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill. You can protect one person from getting killed on one night. You cannot do more than one action on one night.
[link for game thread]
[link for mafia PT]
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #13) » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:48 am

Post by chilledtea »

Just for information, the gunsmith will get a

1) "doesn't have a gun" on tracker.
2) "doesn't have a gun" on mafia doctor.
3) "has a gun" on gunsmith itself.
4) "has a gun" on mafia vanilla cop and goon.
5) "has a gun" on vig
6) "doesn't have a gun" on bodyguard.
7) No Result on ascetic.
8) "doesn't have a gun" on all vanilla town.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #30 (isolation #14) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 5:53 am

Post by chilledtea »

What happened to this?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #15) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 6:05 am

Post by chilledtea »

The others are relatively simple and encountered more frequently. Vanilla Cop will give vanilla results for goon/VTs and not vanilla for everything else (except ascetic).
Tracker is similar too.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #16) » Tue Jul 26, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Ok cool. Didn't think of that possibility.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #37 (isolation #17) » Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:56 pm

Post by chilledtea »

If the vig does kill townies who are mislynch candidates, then that results in a negative for town as well. They reach lylo/mylo early.

I feel like this is reasonably balanced and there should always be a little room, minis are sometimes too predictable from balance perspective.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #18) » Sat Jul 30, 2016 5:09 am

Post by chilledtea »

Setup speculation from balance perspective. If there was some doubt behind balance that actually helps in making the game more scumhunting and less setup speculation.

For eg, it should always be a doubtful thing if someone claims "x" role, it shouldn't be easy to clear him/her on the basis of balance. Balance should be a range, starting from a point till another point and something should be considered balanced if it is in those limits.

That was all my opinion.

As far as my experience goes, too many games have a template kind of thing in normals, where in 13 p you are guaranteed to have 3 PRs as town and rarely more than that and that almost clears the PRs as confirmed town.

I am pretty sure that this won't be easy to win for town. If the vig does good shots then it shouldn't go to waste - because of a doctor there is a good chance of that happening. The doctor will have a 33 % chance of stopping a possible kill on his team. Scum has to make good night kill choices too right? The tracker has a chance of outing some of the PRs as well. The doctor could successfully fake-claim as himself. Gunsmith has several possibilities regarding false information.

Nothing is completely concrete when it comes to the town. And limited shots might make it harder for town.

Town play is about teamwork. Some amount of power must be distributed across people. The power shouldn't auto-clear/auto-incriminate anyone imo. It might create discussions, make it easier to have a particular read on someone, etc.

I think the way you are looking at the setup is a bit too much from scum perspective. Scum ultimately will have to play well to win, similar to town.

If town does use its resources effectively as an uninformed team then they kinda deserve the win right? Apart from those two the bodyguard and the ascetic aren't doing much anyways as far as power goes. Bodyguard is mislynch bait as well.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #19) » Sun Jul 31, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by chilledtea »

I rather 1-shot BG then remove him. Don't want to dilute town. I don't think the two 3-shot claims will confirm each other that way and one can make scum 3-shot as well.

Between a bodyguard claim and a doctor claim, who has a higher chance of being considered town? But yes, the bodyguard might get confirmed if the doctor dies. I feel like that is not something the mod should balance against. After all, a bodyguard is not a provable role.

My problem is I don't think such changes make that much of a difference other than make the setup predictable.

tracker, bg, gsmith, ascet, vig that's 5 pr's with ascet and bg both weak ones, ascet almost being a negative modifier, this should be reasonably balanced considering the x-shots.

Should I give a PR to scum to balance it out? I rather not dilute the town. Giving a PR to scum doesn't make that much of a difference since I will only allow one action per night.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #44 (isolation #20) » Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:42 am

Post by chilledtea »

Okay, any suggestions regarding this?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #21) » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:42 am

Post by chilledtea »

Is this regarding the 3-shot tracker or gunsmith or one of them or both of them?

I am thinking of giving a 2-shot BG, unlimited tracker, 3-shot gunsmith.

This is the town setup I am looking at this point:

ascetic, (unlimited/3-shot)tracker, 3-shot gunsmith, 2-shot vigilante, 2-shot bodyguard, vanilla town (5)
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #49 (isolation #22) » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:25 am

Post by chilledtea »

Town Setup :

ascetic, tracker, 2-shot bodyguard, 2-shot vig, 3-shot gunsmith, vanilla town (5)

Ether, tell me if you have problems with this.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #51 (isolation #23) » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:33 am

Post by chilledtea »

Should I send a PM or something or is that N's responsibility?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #53 (isolation #24) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:36 am

Post by chilledtea »

Well I sent her a PM a couple of days back or so. She hasn't even picked the PM up.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #25) » Fri Aug 19, 2016 6:39 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Yes, that is the latest update of the setup.

contains the newer rules and role PMs and setups, with the exception of x-shot modifiers of tracker, and bodyguard.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #26) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 7:21 am

Post by chilledtea »

Point taken regarding gunsmith night action. However no result generally means, no result, right? As in you don't get any result? I will say your action failed instead since that is more clear.

Point taken regarding clarity in self-targeting situations.

Setup Rule 6) A mafia member can only carry out his faction kill, or his individual ability, but not both.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #62 (isolation #27) » Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Post by chilledtea »

That's a helpful analysis.

I will repost post 28 with changes to role PMs and information regarding self targeting.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #28) » Sun Aug 21, 2016 12:24 am

Post by chilledtea »

General Rules :

1) All site-wide rules apply. In particular, no discussion of ongoing games is allowed.
2) No discussion of this game allowed anywhere outside this game thread (which includes PMs), unless otherwise stated by your Role PM.
3) My Mod color is (#tobedecided). Do not use it.
4) Do not quote your Role PM or any other PMs from the Mod, real or fabricated.
5) Play to your win condition. Do not claim scum with another player regardless of your alignment, there will be consequences.
6) No personal attacks.
7) Do not edit or delete your post, even if you have the ability to do so.
8) No using encrypted text, small text, bright-coloured text, or otherwise make it hard to see what you are writing.
9) Use common sense. There are probably many other rules but I forgot about them. If it feels wrong, please don't do it. If in doubt, contact the Mod.
10) Expressing intent to break a rule, fake breaking a rule, finding loopholes in a rule or encouraging someone to break a rule is equivalent to breaking the rule itself and will suffer similar consequences.
11) Questions relating to roles, either yours, or someone else's or imaginary, will not be entertained in the game thread. If you have a question regarding roles, you have to ask me by PM and it won't be answered in the game thread.

Voting and Lynching rules:

1) Day phases will last 8 days.

2) Night phases last exactly 2 days (48 hours)
3) Use either bold tags or vote tags to vote someone. It is preferable if you vote at the start of a line.
For example :
VOTE : chilledtea

[b]VOTE : chilledtea[/b]

or
VOTE: chilledtea

[v]VOTE : chilledtea[/v]

4) Votes to No Lynch are accepted, indicated by
VOTE: No Lynch
or VOTE: No Lynch.
5) To unvote, use the unvote tag (UNVOTE: ) or bold (
UNVOTE :
), but I'll accept VOTE: Unvote as well.
6) Votes in quote tags will not be counted. Please do not put votes in any other tags, they will not be counted either.
7) It takes a strict majority (half of all players plus 1, rounded down) to achieve a lynch. It takes a weak majority (half of all players, rounded up) to No Lynch.
8) If a majority was not met by deadline, a No Lynch will happen.
9) When a lynch has been achieved, it is final, and any further votes or unvotes will not count. Everyone (including the lynched person) may continue to post until I post the lynch scene.
10) When you are dead, do not post, game related or not. This means no ‘bah' posts.
11) If the Mod has made an error in the vote count, please post the error in thread.

Activity and Replacements:

1) 48 hours without a post will incur a prod.
2) If you do not respond to the prod by posting in the main thread within 24 hours, you will be replaced.
3) Three prods and I will also replace you.
4) If a replacement happens near deadline, I may grant an extension. I reserve the right not to give this extension if I feel it's being abused.
5) If a replacement happens at Night, I will freeze the deadline until a replacement is found.

Setup Information:

1) This is a 13 player Normal closed setup. It follows the Normal game guidelines.
2) It is also guaranteed that at least one player is a Vanilla Townie, who will receive the role PM as shown below.
3) Natural Action Resolution is in effect.
4) Please submit Night actions on time. Overdue Night actions will not count, even if I haven't resolved them yet.
5) If you believe the Mod has made an error in resolving effects, please PM me.
6) A mafia member can only carry out his faction kill, or his individual ability, but not both.

Sample Role PM
:
Spoiler:
You are a
Vanilla Town
[link for game thread]

Role PMs :

Town Roles :

You are a
Tracker
During night phase, you can track another person to see whom they targeted (if any).
[link for game thread]

You are a
3-shot Gunsmith
During night phase, you can track another person to see if they own a gun. You can use it on only 3 night phases in the game.
[link for game thread]

You are an
Ascetic
[link for game thread]

You are a
2-shot Bodyguard
During night phase, you have the option of selecting one player to be saved from one kill. If successful, you get killed instead of your target. You can use this ability on at most two night phases.
[link for game thread]

You are a
2-shot Vigilante
During night phase, you have the option of selecting one player to be killed. You can only shoot twice in the game.
[link for game thread]

You are a
Vanilla Town
[link for game thread]

Mafia Roles :

You are a
Mafia Goon
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members [redacted] and [redacted] in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill.
[link for game thread]
[link for mafia PT]

You are a
Mafia Vanilla Cop
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members [redacted] and [redacted] in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill. You can check one person to see if they are vanilla or otherwise. You cannot do more than one action on one night.
[link for game thread]
[link for mafia PT]

You are a
Mafia Doctor
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members [redacted] and [redacted] in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill. You can protect one person from getting killed on one night. You cannot do more than one action on one night.
[link for game thread]
[link for mafia PT]
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #29) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:20 am

Post by chilledtea »

Initial list of players :
  1. Shadow_step
  2. Thor665
  3. Elyse
  4. gerryoat
  5. Transcend
  6. karnos
  7. JarJarDrinks
  8. Nero Cain
  9. I Am Innocent
  10. MichelSableheart
  11. MariaR
  12. kraska77
  13. Blitzkrieg
Randomizing player order :
  1. Thor665
  2. Transcend
  3. karnos
  4. gerryoat
  5. Elyse
  6. Shadow_step
  7. JarJarDrinks
  8. I Am Innocent
  9. MichelSableheart
  10. Nero Cain
  11. kraska77
  12. MariaR
  13. Blitzkrieg
Roles :

Vanilla Town (1-5)
Tracker (6)
3-shot Gunsmith (7)
Ascetic (8)
2-shot BG (9)
2-shot Vig (10)
Mafia Goon (11)
Mafia Vanilla Cop (12)
Mafia Doctor (13)

Players - Roles Mapping :
  1. Thor665 - 9 (2-shot Bodyguard)
  2. Transcend - 8 (Ascetic)
  3. karnos - 5 (Vanilla Town)
  4. gerryoat - 4 (Vanilla Town)
  5. Elyse - 3 (Vanilla Town)
  6. Shadow_step - 12 (Mafia Vanilla Cop)
  7. JarJarDrinks - 7 (3-shot Gunsmith)
  8. I Am Innocent - 6 (Tracker)
  9. MichelSableheart - 13 (Mafia Doctor)
  10. Nero Cain - 10 (2-shot Vigilante)
  11. kraska77 - 1 (Vanilla Town)
  12. MariaR- 2 (Vanilla Town)
  13. Blitzkrieg - 11 (Mafia Goon)
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #65 (isolation #30) » Sat Sep 03, 2016 11:25 am

Post by chilledtea »

So, I think I haven't stated it anywhere here but I planned on not allowing day chat for the scum team. Should I specify that in the rules?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #31) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:33 am

Post by chilledtea »

Okay, putting that in the ruleset.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #32) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 12:50 am

Post by chilledtea »

Town Roles :

Welcome to Mini Normal 1829!
You are a
Tracker
During night phase, you can track another person to see whom they targeted (if any).
Game Thread - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=68243

You are a
3-shot Gunsmith
During night phase, you can track another person to see if they own a gun. You can use it on only 3 night phases in the game.

You are an
Ascetic

You are a
2-shot Bodyguard
During night phase, you have the option of selecting one player to be saved from one kill. If successful, you get killed instead of your target. You can use this ability on at most two night phases.

You are a
2-shot Vigilante

You are a
Vanilla Town

Mafia Roles :

You are a
Mafia Goon
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members Shadow_step and MichelSableheart in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill.
Mafia PT - http://forum.mafiascum.net/viewtopic.php?f=90&t=68249

You are a
Mafia Vanilla Cop
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members Blitzkrieg and MichelSableheart in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill. You can check one person to see if they are vanilla or otherwise. You cannot do more than one action on one night.

You are a
Mafia Doctor
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members Blitzkrieg and Shadow_step in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill. You can protect one person from getting killed on one night. You cannot do more than one action on one night.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #71 (isolation #33) » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:01 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 70, chilledtea wrote: Small change about requirement of confirmation.

Town Roles :

You are a
Tracker

Please reply back with your role and alignment for confirmation.

You are a
3-shot Gunsmith

You are an
Ascetic

You are a
2-shot Bodyguard

You are a
2-shot Vigilante

You are a
Vanilla Town

Mafia Roles :

You are a
Mafia Goon
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members Shadow_step and MichelSableheart in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill.

You are a
Mafia Vanilla Cop
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members Blitzkrieg and MichelSableheart in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill. You can check one person to see if they are vanilla or otherwise. You cannot do more than one action on one night.

You are a
Mafia Doctor
During night phase, you can talk with your faction members Blitzkrieg and Shadow_step in your private thread. You can also carry out the faction kill. You can protect one person from getting killed on one night. You cannot do more than one action on one night.

chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #34) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:25 am

Post by chilledtea »

Well, it was all going so well.

I need a little advise on how to handle a situation - transcend has been accused of personally attacking other players by at least 2 players if not more. One player has made an ultimatum - either transcend gets force replaced or him.

Not sure what to do here. The "no personal attacks" is a rule that is almost a request and now at least 2 people are requesting transcend's replacement.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #75 (isolation #35) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:43 am

Post by chilledtea »

I am going to paste some examples :
In post 887, Transcend wrote:i really hate insufferable cunts like you that deathtunnel me JJD.
In post 904, Transcend wrote:i have justified my reasons for lynching michel, you're just a fucking ignorant twat.
In post 911, Transcend wrote:
In post 908, JarJarDrinks wrote:here's another example of him having a read and then coming up w/ reasons after the fact:
In post 111, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 86, Transcend wrote:Shadow: Word to the wise, I never defended Blitzkrieg.

I said that the vote that Michel made on her was shit, and confronted him about it.
No the michel vote was only 1 thing you mentioned. And you didn't even talk about the michel vote right away. The first 2 posts where you "never defended" Blitzkrieg, you were seemingly responding to Thors vote:

Spoiler:
In post 19, Thor665 wrote:
Vote: Blitzkrieg
In post 20, Transcend wrote:this wagon sucks
In post 21, Thor665 wrote:Why do you town read Blitz?
In post 22, Transcend wrote:I don't

But the way she's been wagoned is dumb.

See, no mention of michel.
He says that the wagon sucked (implying that he townreads blitz). But when u confront him about it, he says he was just saying that Michels vote sucked. Which I proved wasn't true.
k we get it you're dumb in the head. i have stated several times that i didn't TR blitz, I just said that the vote Michel made was absolute garbage and overjustified nonsense. Am I smart enough to know that scum can bus? Yes.
In post 917, Transcend wrote:
In post 913, JarJarDrinks wrote:
In post 904, Transcend wrote:i have justified my reasons for lynching michel, you're just a fucking ignorant twat.
Finally on page 34, u made a single post that somewhat explains your read. Doesn't change what I wrote. You deathtunneled for 30+ pages w/o ever telling us why u scumread the person.
I HAVE EXPLAINED THE READ SEVERAL FUCKING TIMES YOU BLIND PIECE OF FUCKING SHIT.
In post 921, Transcend wrote:I HAVE EXPLAINED

SEVERAL.

FUCKING.

TIMES.

THAT THE VOTES THE MOTHERFUCKER HAS MADE IN THIS GAME.

APPEAR TO BE.

TACTICAL.

AND NOT.

GENUINE.

JESUS.

FUCKING.

CHRIST.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #36) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:47 am

Post by chilledtea »

My personal opinion on this matter is that it would have been the best if he could be warned once.

But the ultimatum is serious and there are others who are requesting him gone, AND don't want thor (the person giving the ultimatum) to replace out.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #77 (isolation #37) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:51 am

Post by chilledtea »

Just for reference sake, if transcend is reported for these posts would he get banned/warned?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #79 (isolation #38) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:30 am

Post by chilledtea »

Can I enforce something like WOTC when the game is going on? Or would that be abuse of mod powers?

To put it simply, I am more inclined to force replace him if more than one person wants that to happen. In this case, there's at least 3 who wouldn't mind him being replaced.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #82 (isolation #39) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 6:44 am

Post by chilledtea »

Obviously I intend on enforcing that rule. It is just I have never seen a force replacement for something like this, generally a warning is given first.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #40) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 8:25 am

Post by chilledtea »

I am convinced.

I will be force replacing transcend. I needed a second opinion and I got it.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #41) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:13 am

Post by chilledtea »

1) Who makes sure that an alt is not replacing into your game?

2) Are hydras allowed to replace into normal games? (I presume not)
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #86 (isolation #42) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:46 am

Post by chilledtea »

gigabyteTroubadour has replaced Transcend
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #43) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 5:30 am

Post by chilledtea »

Hmm...would it be alright to give the dead thread link to the force replaced player? I am sorry for asking so many questions, don't know whether it would have any effects. Personal opinion would be to give it to him since I can't forsee any problems.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #44) » Sat Sep 10, 2016 7:38 am

Post by chilledtea »

Yeah, he did ask for it.

I think I will give it to him and ask him to stay out of trouble.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #92 (isolation #45) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:31 am

Post by chilledtea »

MariaR has been lynched. She was
Vanilla Town
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #46) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 8:03 am

Post by chilledtea »

Currently the night actions are :

1)MichelSableheart protects Shadow. [ Success ]
2)I Am Innocent tracks Blitzkrieg ( Your target visited I Am Innocent. )
3)JarJarDrinks checks Shadow_step for a gun ( Your target has a gun. )
5)Nero Cain kills Shadow [ Fails, protected by MichelSableheart ]
4)Shadow investigates Kraska ( Vanilla. )
5)Blitz kills IAI [ Success. ]

The parenthesis contains what is going to be sent in the PMs, whereas the square brackets contain the success/failure state of the action.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #47) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:11 am

Post by chilledtea »

Thor hasn't submitted. He is 2-shot so it makes some sense.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #48) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:12 am

Post by chilledtea »

I actually didn't realize that town vanilla cops have guns.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #49) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:57 am

Post by chilledtea »

JarJarDrinks has 2 shots left.
Nero Cain has 1 shots left.
Thor665 has 2 shots left.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #98 (isolation #50) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:27 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Blitzkrieg is titus's alt apparently. Titus wants replace blitzkrieg with herself. I am going to send titus a PM telling her to send a PM with blitzkrieg account to confirm.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #51) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:55 am

Post by chilledtea »

Titus has replaced Blitzkrieg.

However, she has also been lynched.

She was
Mafia Goon
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #52) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:38 am

Post by chilledtea »

Night 2 actions if there are no changes :

Nero Cain vigs Gerry (Successful)
JarJarDrinks gunsmiths karnos (Successful, doesn't own a gun)
MichelSableheart protects Shadow (Successful)
Shadow_step kills JJD (Successful)

Deaths : gerryoat
Vanilla Town
, JarJarDrinks
3-shot Gunsmith

JarJarDrinks has 1 shots left. (Dead)
Nero Cain has 0 shots left.
Thor665 has 2 shots left.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #53) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 6:06 am

Post by chilledtea »

Shadow_step is asking which variant the vanilla cop is.

The answer is that he gets vanilla for vanilla roles (VTs, Mafia Goons etc)
Vanilla Cop is considered Normal on mafiascum.net. When the role is called "Vanilla Cop", Vanilla Townies, Mafia Goons, and Serial Killers with no additional powers return a "Vanilla" result, while all other roles return "not Vanilla".
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #54) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:32 am

Post by chilledtea »

So a lynch has been achieved for day 3, but a player has failed to pick up his prod.

What would be the best course of action here? Should I replace the player and then end the day, ignore the failure to pick up the prod and go into night, or end the day and find a replacement during the night?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #55) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:42 am

Post by chilledtea »

N gave advice in a thread that if a game has gone a long time then you can give the players a bit of leeway.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #56) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:47 am

Post by chilledtea »

Shadow_step has been lynched. He was
Mafia Vanilla Cop
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #109 (isolation #57) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:51 am

Post by chilledtea »

I will be asking for a replacement for thor.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #58) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:12 am

Post by chilledtea »

I have given two days time for the night, but if I don't find the replacement till then, I will suspend the night.

Also, I will give thor 1 more day before officially replacing him even if I do find someone to replace him before that period.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #59) » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:13 am

Post by chilledtea »

And if I find a replacement I will extend the night by at most 2 more days. If thor comes back then game resumes normally.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #113 (isolation #60) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 5:31 am

Post by chilledtea »

Ok Thor hasn't come back so he is now officially replaced by mhsmith0. His PM :

You are a
2-shot Bodyguard

chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #61) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:08 am

Post by chilledtea »

Ooooohhhh this is gonna be interesting. mhsmith has submitted a temporary night action and if that stays along with scum night action......this would be one of the best town plays at night.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #116 (isolation #62) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 6:57 pm

Post by chilledtea »

If a bulletproof is protected by a bodyguard, and the bulletproof is attacked, does the bulletproof lose his vest, or does the bodyguard die?

The way I see it, the bodyguard dies.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #117 (isolation #63) » Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Hmm...according to natural action resolution, passive modifiers go first. So the bulletproof will lose his vest and the bodyguard will remain alive.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #118 (isolation #64) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:40 am

Post by chilledtea »

Current night 3 actions :

mhsmith0 protects (bg) Nero Cain (successful)
MichelSableheart kills Nero Cain (fails, kills mhsmith0 instead)

mhsmith0 has 1 shots left (dead).
Nero Cain has 0 shots left.

Death : mhsmith0
2-shot Bodyguard
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #65) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:07 am

Post by chilledtea »

He asked me if bulletproof was bodyguard'ed would he die? What would have been the correct answer for that?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #123 (isolation #66) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:23 am

Post by chilledtea »

But the bulletproof is passive right? According to NAR passive actions go first?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #67) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:39 am

Post by chilledtea »

Ah yes. If the protected player is supposed to be killed, the bodyguard takes the bullet, regardless of whether the kill is successful or otherwise.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #68) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 1:58 am

Post by chilledtea »

karnos has been lynched. He was
Vanilla Town
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #69) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:23 am

Post by chilledtea »

Night 4 actions are simple :

Michel wants to kill Nero Cain
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #70) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:30 am

Post by chilledtea »

Nero Cain is dead. He was a 2-shot Vigilante.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #71) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 5:39 am

Post by chilledtea »

MichelSableheart wrote: My nightchoice for night 5 would probably look like (assuming Nero is killed tonight):
- if we no lynch, nightkill giga
- if we lynch giga or elyse, kill kraska
- if we lynch kraska, kill elyse
This is the conditional Night action sent by Michel
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #72) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 8:38 am

Post by chilledtea »

MichelSableheart wrote: I would like to submit the following nightchoices:
  • If day 5 ends in a No Lynch, I would like to kill Giga.
  • If day 5 ends in a lynch of Kraska, I would like to kill Elyse
  • If day 5 ends in a lynch of Elyse or Giga, I would like to kill Kraska.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #131 (isolation #73) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:01 am

Post by chilledtea »

There are 4 players alive.

A town gets lynched.

Which means 3 players alive. With one scum.

Should I give a choice to the scum for a no kill, or should I declare it as town win? Because without a no kill, there is no chance for town to win/draw this.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #74) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:10 am

Post by chilledtea »

In post 131, chilledtea wrote:There are 4 players alive.

A town gets lynched.

Which means 3 players alive. With one scum.

Should I give a choice to the scum for a no kill, or should I declare it as scum win? Because without a no kill, there is no chance for town to win/draw this.
EBWOP
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #133 (isolation #75) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:11 am

Post by chilledtea »

No protective roles/killing roles in the town side either. So no way of stopping the nightkill or killing the scum. An ascetic and a VT are all that remain.
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #76) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 3:32 pm

Post by chilledtea »

Wouldn't that give a hint to the scum that there is something that might stop the kill from happening, if the mod indeed goes into the night?
chilledtea
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
chilledtea
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (isolation #77) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:42 am

Post by chilledtea »

The game has ended.

I decided to use the concept of speed nights. Told them to send a PM specifying a night action and also if they want a speed night.

Return to “Completed Game Reviews”