Ace Attorney!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #11 (isolation #0) » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:38 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Trials and Tribulations amd Investigations ate my favourotes. Enjoyed their plot the most, also really enjoyed Dual Destinies and think it's underrated. Just about to finish AA vs PL (been out in europe for a little while now) and anyone who enjoys either series should picl it up
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #14 (isolation #1) » Thu Jul 24, 2014 6:23 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 12, SleepyKrew wrote:What if I know nothing about Layton?

You don't need any prior knowledge of Layton (or AA)
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #17 (isolation #2) » Fri Jul 25, 2014 12:53 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler: Minor Layton Spoilers
Layton gets more and more outlandish with every game. I go in to each one thinking the former can't be topped and it pulls some insane plot twist at the end.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #28 (isolation #3) » Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Google says it's also a type of dance from New York invented in the early 80's
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #33 (isolation #4) » Fri Aug 15, 2014 9:59 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
It's a "simulation"
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #87 (isolation #5) » Thu Sep 04, 2014 1:07 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Just thought I'd share this. Rise from the Ashes (AA1 Case 5) with full professional voice acting.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #92 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 05, 2014 12:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Rise from the Ashes is probably my favourite case of the series, apart from maybe the final case in Trials and Tribulations
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #101 (isolation #7) » Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:20 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

2-1 is the only one I really rolled my eyes at. 1-1 probably only because it was my first experience with the game, all of the others are plot-relevant and aren't just pure filler like 2-1 iirc
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #142 (isolation #8) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:13 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
Yeah it was the clock, because it's so clunky and heavy it must have meant something to her for her to bring it on holiday
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #145 (isolation #9) » Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:25 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I wish they did more 3 day trials,
1-3, 1-4 and 1-5
were the only ones
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #160 (isolation #10) » Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:43 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
'Fulbright' has the ability to fake his emotions, that or Athena's a bimbo

Pedit: Actually what SKrew said
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #173 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:52 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
Trials and Tribulations
Investigations
Dual Destinies
First game
Justice for All
Apollo's game
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #204 (isolation #12) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:01 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I tried replaying AJ a little while ago and just couldn't get through case 3, it's easily the worst in the series
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #213 (isolation #13) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:01 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
iirc Alita's gun was just any old gun taken from the Kitaki house.

The car crash is just a plot device to get them involved in the case as far as I can remember.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #215 (isolation #14) » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:18 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
Actually, reading about the case, Alita did get her gun from Wocky, so I guess Wocky just got another gun from the Kitaki house

I can't find any mention of why the car accident happened so I'm guessing it was just tangental
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #217 (isolation #15) » Wed Nov 05, 2014 3:20 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler: Dual Destinies spoilers
Fulbright as the Phantom was an awesome twist
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #230 (isolation #16) » Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:43 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I liked AJ Ema

Rise from the Ashes>3>1>2>DD>AAI>AJ
Last edited by Not_Mafia on Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #249 (isolation #17) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 12:24 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Mood matrix was fun, definitely better than Apollo's perceive.

AA1 actually has a few "psyche lock" segments just with out the magatama (presenting the evidence bit by bit etc...), the one I can remember off the top of my head is Oldbag and the incident of 5 years ago.

Cirrently playing AAI2, really loved AAI1 but this game started with a big case and it's a bit of a slog, just started case 3.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #252 (isolation #18) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:59 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's fun, there's more Ace Attorney gameplay in it than Layton
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #254 (isolation #19) » Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:27 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

It's been a little while since I played but I felt like there was more AA than Layton, maybe AA segments just stood out to me more.

The plot is definitely in the outlandish vein of Layton, but the trials still feel sufficiently AAish, it's worth playing if you're a fan of either series
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #259 (isolation #20) » Wed Jun 15, 2016 10:44 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

I enjoyed Dual Destinies, does anyone know of a playable translation of the great ace attorney out there?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #300 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 8:41 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Downloading now, hype
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #371 (isolation #22) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Blanked. Please do not link to pirated software. (Equinox)
Last edited by Equinox on Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mine?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #374 (isolation #23) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:52 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I'm just posting the link for those of us with the japanese cartridge who want a back up. Everyone else, don't click that link
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #376 (isolation #24) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Have you been successful?
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #386 (isolation #25) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

3-4 3-5 is just amazing, definitely the best set of consecutive cases in the series
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #396 (isolation #26) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Beware of psycho locks
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #411 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 03, 2016 2:42 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Objection!

No
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #424 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 420, Sudo_Nym wrote:
In post 419, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 418, Sudo_Nym wrote:WHY IS CALLED PHOENIX WRIGHT THEN?
You're playing Investigations right?
Yeah. Phoenix is all British and gave up defending for prosecuting for some reason. I assume it'll get explained.
It does, it's the best twist in the series
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #440 (isolation #29) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:36 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

Spoiler:
I felt very disconnected to AJ Phoenix, the point of Phoenix in the original trilogy is that you learn and grow with the character in each case and as the game goes on, seeing Phoenix in the disbarment trial as a super slick experienced barrister is really disconnecting

Return to “The Arcade”