Newbie 1741 - Game Over

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #150  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:10 pm

*shrugs*

My vote is still on you for a reason.

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #151  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:30 pm

Algebra, why was nn30's post terrible?
Show

algebra
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2016
Location: Math Class
Pronoun: He

Post Post #152  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:46 pm

Says 48 is good then goes back on it, and claims to be answering his own question which is obviously a lie

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #153  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:51 pm

reading through the thread and I realized I forgot to answer a question:

In post 81, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 64, aronagrundy wrote:I don't really believe that the vote was random. I voted for titus because I interpreted her post as first acknowledging that nn30's question about new lynches was just a newbie question, and then voting for nn30 as if nn30 legitimately wanted to push a no lynch. It just struck me as odd.
But nn30 did want a no lynch. Titus quoted this post, to answer this question:
In post 14, nn30 wrote:What's the math on that?
However, I believe her vote was more about this post:
In post 9, nn30 wrote:I'll start us off with some strategy talk...




In post 126, Dunhallym wrote:@arona: you didn't cast a new vote: why?

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #154  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 21, 2016 6:55 pm

SORRY hit submit early!
reading through the thread and I realized I forgot to answer a question:

In post 81, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 64, aronagrundy wrote:I don't really believe that the vote was random. I voted for titus because I interpreted her post as first acknowledging that nn30's question about new lynches was just a newbie question, and then voting for nn30 as if nn30 legitimately wanted to push a no lynch. It just struck me as odd.
But nn30 did want a no lynch. Titus quoted this post, to answer this question:
In post 14, nn30 wrote:What's the math on that?
However, I believe her vote was more about this post:
In post 9, nn30 wrote:I'll start us off with some strategy talk...


He was still asking about why no lynches were bad in response to algebra telling him so.


In post 126, Dunhallym wrote:@arona: you didn't cast a new vote: why?
[/quote]
Because I was quickly skimming the thread in the morning on the bus and was specifically responding to titus's post. I didn't want to place a legit vote until I had the chance to sit down and really read the thread more closely

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #155  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:02 pm

As it stands, I'm still suspicious of titus. But I agree with shaddowez/algebra about nn30 so I'm fine with joining this wagon and seeing where this goes.

VOTE: nn30

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #156  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:01 pm

Also, titus what are your thoughts on the heat nn30 is getting (at least all you witnessed before logging out)? I'm having some trouble figuring how suspicious you think he is.

Dunhallym
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2010
Location: France
Pronoun: She

Post Post #157  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:36 am

@Titus 3rd time I ask: you said Zito is town. Why? And I'll add this: Apart from algebra (and nn30 I guess), who do you suspect?

@algebra
In post 152, algebra wrote:Says 48 is good then goes back on it, and claims to be answering his own question which is obviously a lie

You misread it the same way I originally did: from what I understand nn30 doesn't think 48 is bad, and questions why it was the reason for shaddowez and Titus vote. I clearly remember it was shaddowez explanation, not so sure about Titus. But nn30 reasons to suspect you are that you pushed Titus wagon yet don't seem to be doing much since. Which I agree with.
My problem with nn30 is more the timing as already stated: names 3 suspects but doesn't vote for any of them until he's pushed to do so. Then there is the choice of the suspect: why put you at L-1 and not try to push his other suspects, especially MorningTweet who hasn't been pressured at all yet.

@arona: my question was badly formulated, sorry. What makes me curious is why did you feel the need to immediately remove vote from shaddowez, who wasn't in any danger of a lynch at that point, without having a new suspect to vote for instead? I realize this might be "cultural" but on day 1 I never unvote unless I feel there is a danger a player gets lynched, as it was the case with shaddowez removing vote from algebra.

Dunhallym
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2010
Location: France
Pronoun: She

Post Post #158  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:50 am

@algebra
I'm making a separate post to try and formulate better my issues about you and try to get a better feel on you.

In the post where you voted Titus, the "a game without Titus is a better game" can read as a joke vote. But this vote put Titus at L-1 and you only came back later to caution people not to vote Titus yet so we could investigate partnerships. If it had originally been a joke vote I would have expected you to remove it quickly because of the real hammer risk. Then later, you say you put the L-1 vote to generate discussion (sorry I don't quote exactly, I did it in the post I voted you, just trying to better explain my feelings now to get answers), which implies your suspicions of Titus aren't that strong. And I don't feel that you have been trying that much to get discussion going or to be scumhunting.

Are your suspicions on Titus really strong or not? Why?
Did your vote on Titus give the expected results?
What is your opinion of other players (apart from nn30 as this one's obvious)?
And the one I already asked without answer: you said you're an easy target: why do you feel you are an easy target when you are signed in as SE?

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
 
User avatar
Joined: January 20, 2010
Location: Ohio
Pronoun: He

Post Post #159  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:09 am

Vote Count 1.3
Soccer is also commonly known as football, Canadian baseball, American football, violent jogging, and World War Two.

algebra (3): Titus, Dunhallym, nn30
nn30 (3): shaddowez, algebra, aronagrundy
Titus (1): ecane
Papa Zito (1): MorningTweet

Not Voting: Papa Zito

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-02 15:42:07)
- Tic Tac Dough! -
- Betrayal: Widow's Walk -
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #160  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:06 am

@dunhallyn: Yeah I think it's just a matter of preference. Since my problems that led to voting shaddowez were addressed and I was fine with the reasoning, I wouldn't want to mislead the town into thinking I still thought he was suspicious.

Also,
@morningtweet: any reason you're still holding onto your rvs vote?

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
 
User avatar
Joined: January 20, 2010
Location: Ohio
Pronoun: He

Post Post #161  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 12:48 pm

ecane has requested replacement.
- Tic Tac Dough! -
- Betrayal: Widow's Walk -
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #162  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:23 pm

@Dunn, I thought I said why Zito is town, probably. His push seems to come from understanding what I am thinking and pursuing it.

Nn30 does appear to be scared of rope, but this counter seems a little opportunistic.
Show

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #163  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:25 pm

I am paricularly concerned with Grundy and algebra there.

Grundy didn't understand my logic but immediately sheeps the logic when algebra is up for lynch...uhh what?
Show

Morning Tweet
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 05, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #164  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:45 pm

UNVOTE:

I'm looking at nn30 and algebra..

Many of nn30's posts been dissected already, so I'll focus on his reads at . They feel forced to me. He has few townreads (one for gut, another for 'good analysis', which is vague), and his readlist overall isn't "set in stone". His read on me is essentially that was too late to the nn30/Titus party, and too "rambly". I'm added on just to look like he isn't copying all the wagons (at that time) into a scum pile.

I understand algebra's taken plenty of flak as well, but for good reason. If you think I'm "taking the easy wagon" here, I'll be glad to regurgitate the entire case on him thus far.

I strongly believe there is 1, if not 2 scum in [Algebra, nn30]. Yes, there are wagons on both of them right now, but I think they could still be scum together. Perhaps was nn30's defense of his scumbuddy, which he then went back on in as he felt the pressure build up on algebra (a newbscum move to get town points when algebra is lynched). He did, however, refrain from voting algebra until pressured to do so by Dun, as if giving algebra time.

If only one is scum, their scumbuddy may be on the opposing wagon. I feel good about Dun, whom is on the algebra wagon,
Spoiler: Dun
One of the only people to read me the whole game so far. I read Dun as town for not just giving thought to pre-existing wagons, but continuing the scumhunt to other individuals (such as myself, who hasn't had many interactions thus far).
and Arona, whom is on the nn30 wagon.
Spoiler: Arona
The push on shadowez in was nice, I find it hard to believe newbie scum would have targeted the IC on page 3 for something as inconspicuous as that. After that, he's been actively questioning and analyzing, giving me no reason to suspect him.
In addition to them Titus and shadowez, whom I have much less strong feelings about, are on separate wagons. So I not only don't find one scummier than the other, but I also find both wagons equally townie. See my voting dilemma?

If them both being scum is true, it doesn't matter who I vote for. However if only one is scum and their partner isn't currently voting for one of them, then they'll probably vote for the townie.

The people not currently voting for either of them is Ecane, Papa, and I. I trust Zito over ecane, so in all likelihood if Papa chooses a wagon it's likely a town perspective and I'll have intent. If ecane picks, I will wait on the offchance that it's an ecane/whoever she doesn't vote for scumteam.

If their partner is already on the opposing wagon, there is nothing for me to fear.

@Arona While algebra may have informed him no-lynches are bad, that doesn't pardon that he DID want a no-lynch, which according to Titus is (possibly) newbscum motivated.

@Arona x2, I was worried about accidentally hammering or putting someone at L-1 without announcing, since there weren't many votecounts in the earlier pages.

@ecane Happy bday. Thoughts on the two wagons that now exist in place of Titus'?

@Papa Zito How do you feel about nn30 now? Similarly to how I feel, or is he one of your reads you don't wish to share? ()

@Dunny's question, was indeed my explanation for seeing nothing 'off' about Titus' vote, and how I disagree with Papa and Arona's basis on scumreading Titus. I suppose since it disagrees with her voters it could be labeled as "defense", but I just wanted to give a fair opinion while seeing if Arona would back off.

Dunhallym
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: August 10, 2010
Location: France
Pronoun: She

Post Post #165  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:08 pm

In post 162, Titus wrote:@Dunn, I thought I said why Zito is town, probably. His push seems to come from understanding what I am thinking and pursuing it.

Nn30 does appear to be scared of rope, but this counter seems a little opportunistic.

Not sure I get the first part. That or you and Zito really like to play a closed cards game. That makes it difficult for me to make an opinion on you.
I like (I tend to use like = townie; don't like = scummy; nothing personal) the relaxed way he approaches things at first, I'm less fan of the way he pushes Titus later on on her use of words (i-e the process stuff). I'll wait to see what he has to offer later on.

Regarding Titus, the nn vote at first is a null tell for me. as already mentioned I have a hard time getting a feel on her: she has the highest post count yet she seems to be taking a back stance. At least that's the feeling I get.

In post 163, Titus wrote:I am paricularly concerned with Grundy and algebra there.

Grundy didn't understand my logic but immediately sheeps the logic when algebra is up for lynch...uhh what?

I agree with that and was going to ask arona about this point.

@arona
More precisely, you mentioned earlier that you agreed with the point raised against algebra (in the same post you voted Shaddowez), yet in #155, when you vote nn30, you mention continuous suspicions of Titus but don't mention algebra, which seems weird at that moment. So what is your take on algebra and would you be willing to vote for him?

About nn: already mentioned my suspicions on him. I'm also not a great fan of his interactions with Zito and me but there's something that makes me question his guilt: he put algebra at l-1. I didn't like the fact that he chose algebra over his other 2 suspects but would a newb scum put someone at l-1 when that's precisely what got algebra suspicion in the first place?

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #166  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:17 pm

In post 163, Titus wrote:I am paricularly concerned with Grundy and algebra there.

Grundy didn't understand my logic but immediately sheeps the logic when algebra is up for lynch...uhh what?


I agreed with shaddowez's logic and took issue with yours. It's not like you two had the same arguments beyond "nn30 is scummy"

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #167  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:27 pm

@dunn: I agree that algebra wasn't (and hardly is now) actively scumhunting and often feels like he's more just providing commentary on what's happening, but at the same time hasn't changed his behavior despite the pressure of L-1. I feel like Titus and nb30 are better lynches st this point, so I don't want to lynch him right now.

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #168  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:27 pm

Yeah it's probably Grundy and algebra here. Nn30 just fears being lynched as town. Grundy and algebra are inconsistent and scumread each other but vote elsewhere.

@Dun, the very parts you don't like are what suggest Zito is town unless it's overly semantic. To find town, you need to find the process. So Zito wanting to understand mine is not a problem at all. If he plays dumb, then it's a problem.

I think you're the first person in a long while who has said I play a closed cards game. I tend to be quite open and overly blunt.
Show

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #169  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 5:32 pm

explain inconsistent. Also algebra never scumread me so I'm not sure why you're setting up associations that don't exist

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #170  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:54 pm

Morning tweet, where is my shiny question?

It's impossible to determine exactly what algebra is thinking but he is acting like he scumreads you. You are doing classic vote town FoS buddy.
Show

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: September 13, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #171  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:03 pm

In post 70, algebra wrote:Just because arona doesn't want to listen to your foolishness doesn't make him scum, lol


This is the only time algebra mentions me. I don't understand your logic.

algebra
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2016
Location: Math Class
Pronoun: He

Post Post #172  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:06 pm

When nn30 flips red we should definitely consider Titus

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #173  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:09 pm

In post 162, Titus wrote:
Nn30 does appear to be scared of rope, but this counter seems a little opportunistic.



@Titus what counter are you referring to?

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #174  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:22 pm

In post 172, algebra wrote:When nn30 flips red we should definitely consider Titus


@Algebra

What you just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. I award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

We've only just gotten out of the stage of the game where Titus is tunneling on me. Now that she's moved her scum radar to someone other than me, she's suddenly suspicious? How does that even make sense?

Your contribution to this game has consisted of votes (without accompanying logic) or votes (with an accompanying one liner). You've contributed basically nothing of substance as to why you feel the way you feel. If you're actually town (unlikely) this is frustrating to play with.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games