Battlerite

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Battlerite

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 1:03 pm

Post by vonflare »

add me

igns posted in this thread:

vonflare
SUGARushx
hito
Last edited by vonflare on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

in the interest of bumpin this thread here is a video of people hitting my counter a lot

battlerite is a good game
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:23 pm

Post by vonflare »

tis true

we should play together again sometime hito
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Mon Sep 26, 2016 9:34 pm

Post by TheButtonmen »

stag got me into it, so far i'm having a real blast

is there a good community hub for this game?
Routine day with a dirt cheap brush
Then a week goes by and it goes untouched
Then two, then three, then a month
Then the rest of your life, you beat yourself up
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:36 am

Post by vonflare »

reddit.com/r/battlerite
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:44 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

not what im looking for, less pleading with developers, more indepth discussions of characters and match ups

resources like the battlesheet and tychocelchuu's tutorial videos are what im using at the moment for an example
Last edited by TheButtonmen on Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:46 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

As so frequently with games nowadays, reddit is the most trafficked forum and the best place for news and the SomethingAwful thread is the best place for discussion. Though I'm not sure if there's anyone at G12+ there, so honk honk.
"Don’t buy a dozen eggs if you just want a hardboiled egg. Don’t buy a head of lettuce if you just want a salad. Don’t buy eggs and lettuce if you want egg salad because those are not the right ingredients." -Julius Bloop
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:51 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

is expecting every game i love to have it its own teamliquid.net really that much to ask?
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:57 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

So far Im still in the learning all the champions stage of the game but my favourites have been Bakko and Lucie. Watching the tournament yesterday really made me want to learn Pearl but everytime I try her I just feel slow and clunky and end up getting isolated.

So far all of my games have been on 2v2, is that the main game type that the devs are going to be balancing around or are all the queues nicely filled and supported?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:13 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

For now I'm stickin to 2's because I like being 50% of my team instead of 33%. On announcement, devs said that 2's would be the main competitive mode things were balanced around - now they're playing it coy and not really saying anything on the subject. For now there are tournaments and stuff for both.

Pearl is the most OP champ but it's hard to start with her because, while she has a lot of zoning, a lot of it is tricky to use. Her counter isn't that good if you can't consistently land the silence shot immediately after. But you can't just drill it as a reflex, because folks will often do their own counter if they trigger yours. The bubble is strong even into melee, but you have to aim it just right to get to shove bad mans out. Dive is really good but you need to balance using it for escape with using it to empower weapon (by the way, in 2's, take Power Of the Deep literally 100% of the time).
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:14 am

Post by vonflare »

all the queues are good, and they are balancing around both 2v2 and 3v3.

If you played BLC, what was your main in BLC?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 3:15 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 9, hitogoroshi wrote:(by the way, in 2's, take Power Of the Deep literally 100% of the time).
if the enemy team is double ranged, you want to take double bubble
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:26 am

Post by hitogoroshi »

I think it's still better to take Power of the Deep in that scenario and just take Sea Bubble round 2.

I think having a silence on tap - especially against double range, when you can actually just run up and bully ranged people - is better than a second bubble, especially since you're forced to use the second bubble while the first has more than 50% duration left. I think the main skill to playing Pearl is spacing bubble, counter, silence, dive appropriately so you're always safe. I much prefer having the EXTRA option (silence after dive) to having one of the existing options just be longer.

Also, I'm at work and can't test, but do you get the secondary bubble if you EX bubble?
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:47 am

Post by vonflare »

just checked, you dont get the extra bubble
Accountant
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Accountant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:59 pm

Post by Accountant »

I just bought this w/ fan pack. Love post-patch Jade, so easy to 1v2 if they're careless.
There's nothing that says that a fake can't beat the real thing.

You must not imagine that for beings like you and us there can be laughter. The low men laugh, and we envy them. But for us, the higher ones, there is no laughter, only an unending vigil, purely serious, stretching on into the night.
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:59 am

Post by vonflare »

Yeah they raised the skill ceiling with the last patch
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 4:42 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

hi friends I'm gonna bumparooni this thread because battlerite is free to play now and it's still very fun! I've been playing 300 hours and I still love it. also I'm diamond so I can give some decent teaching tips
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Mon Nov 13, 2017 7:59 pm

Post by vonflare »

thorn hype
TheButtonmen
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
TheButtonmen
Buns of Steel
Buns of Steel

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:47 am

Post by TheButtonmen »

In post 16, hitogoroshi wrote:hi friends I'm gonna bumparooni this thread because battlerite is free to play now and it's still very fun! I've been playing 300 hours and I still love it. also I'm diamond so I can give some decent teaching tips
Right now I mostly play Lucie and Thorn and I'm really struggling with Raigon in 2v2's, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on his weaknesses you can exploit. Generally I can't take a Raigon of my level (Which is trash tbh I'm in the lower half of silver), my wins against him are generally when they get overly ambitious and dive a bit too forward alone and blow parry early and then gets beaten down in a corner two versus one. My losses against him are generally from him putting massive pressure on the more vunerable partner leveraging his mobility and strong damage output to push them back and force cooldowns when he's able to pop parry. We either end up letting his ranged / support work unimpeded (and lose) or one of us tries diving for his partner and realize that he can run down and kill faster then we can (and lose).
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:59 am

Post by vonflare »

wait thorn is out?
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:23 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

In post 18, TheButtonmen wrote: Right now I mostly play Lucie and Thorn and I'm really struggling with Raigon in 2v2's, I'd be curious to hear your thoughts on his weaknesses you can exploit. Generally I can't take a Raigon of my level (Which is trash tbh I'm in the lower half of silver), my wins against him are generally when they get overly ambitious and dive a bit too forward alone and blow parry early and then gets beaten down in a corner two versus one. My losses against him are generally from him putting massive pressure on the more vunerable partner leveraging his mobility and strong damage output to push them back and force cooldowns when he's able to pop parry. We either end up letting his ranged / support work unimpeded (and lose) or one of us tries diving for his partner and realize that he can run down and kill faster then we can (and lose).
lucie: I highly recommend chaos if you're not using it. It's really good into any counter/reflect champ because you can aim for the wall and hit them with the AoE. generally speaking, I find in Raigon matchups he's usually the one I use my Clarity potions on. Also, the rite where you lower their outgoing damage with Toxic is really important for dealing with Raigon isolating you - his trading pattern involves him walking up like a big dumb puppy, so it's really easy to get that hit in, and that lowers the incoming damage on you a bit.

thorn: check my odeum (hito)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:28 am

Post by vonflare »

new champ preview
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:34 pm

Post by vonflare »

destiny's out

yeah that casual 40 damage rightclick with rite seems balanced
hitogoroshi
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
hitogoroshi
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:11 pm

Post by hitogoroshi »

It's at least pretty slow to get it at full power. But the RMB rites are pretty strong, yeah.

Right now to me it seems like the Destiny battlerites are:

Always take: Power attachment (bonus dmg on RMB), System Shock (bonus silence on RMB), Dispatch (recast space)

into heavy melee/dive threat: add violent revolution (bonus dmg, knockback on space) and sizzle (root on enemies who go through e walls)
into a range zone-match: add lasting plasma (increased duration and lowered cooldown on e) and plasma infusion (bonus range and shield on LMBs through e walls)
into enemies with a lot of sustain: add violent revolution and transformer (2 bounces on ult, space at end)
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:29 am

Post by vonflare »

guys post your ign so i can add them to the op so we can add everyone

Return to “The Arcade”