Newbie Guide to Survivor! (Questions + Tips Encouraged)

For large social games such as Survivor where the primary mechanic is social interaction.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #99 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

I mean, you say that, but then I kinda have a timezone issue....
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #107 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Bellaphant »

In post 101, CuddlyCaucasian wrote:
In post 98, Shadoweh wrote:Being easy to ID is a bad thing and goes against the spirit of anonymous games. :P
>goes to final four with the same person in three different games

hmmm: maybe not quite on topic, and aside from the fact that game one we didn't know each other, game two was more circumstance than anything else and game three was fucking b v w and non anon, people do have types.

When I got booted from lol (i mean, shadoweh has also voted me out twice ;) ) I asked for four ids to be revealed: people I loved in the game. I didn't have a clue who they were, and I'm shitty at id hunting anyway, I just knew I loved them. They ended up being Klick and Jal (chatzy alliance from botb) Shadoweh (my previous game's f2 buddy + chatzy alliance) and hiplop (my starting tribe in both my previous games).

But...is that dangerous to playing. In psv the specs said 'you can't always go to the end with people you love', but how much does that impact how you play? How much does knowing you have a type? We're a tight community in some ways and I wonder if the non anon line isn't more blurred than we'd sometimes like to think: I mean we joke about 'xof hunting', but people are always going to make ID guesses. Some people for sure use it as a strategy.

I guess I'd like wider thoughts on Id hunting, and tips on how to obscure it, especially in the face of obvious things, like timezones or whatever.

tldr: I click with similar people, whether I know them or not, and anon games are slightly less anon than purists would like to think. Also I don't know if I like Bro's hybrid idea.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #132 (isolation #2) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:43 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Yeah I haven't got a clue. :( Whereas I know someone pretty much ided me In PSv as they looked for a new female in mish mash and I'd played telephone pictionary and murder in small town.
Bellaphant
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Bellaphant
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #134 (isolation #3) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:50 am

Post by Bellaphant »

Survivor has clearly turned me into a monster ;)

Return to “ORGs and Large Social Games”