Newbie 1741 - Game Over

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Pronoun: He

Post Post #275  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:16 am

Vote Count 1.7
I sing the body electric. I gasp the body organic. I miss the body remembered.

algebra (3): Titus, nn30, aronagrundy
nn30 (2): algebra, Empoof
Titus (1): shaddowez
shaddowez (1): Papa Zito

Not Voting: Dunhallym, Morning Tweet

With 9 alive, it's 5 to lynch.
Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-02 15:42:07)
- Tic Tac Dough! -
- Betrayal: Widow's Walk -
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #276  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:38 am

In post 270, Empoof wrote:Papa idk if I'm in some weird work headspace but that theory post made me have an epiphany, thanks fam.

Ok this is probably the first time I've ever given someone an epiphany about anything so this game is now officially Best Game thanks everyone for playing.

PSA to all the partner/buddy chatter: There's a parable about the guy who built his house on sand vs the guy who built his house on rock ya'll may want to peruse.

Algebra I miss you. I never thought I'd say that about math but here we are.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 11:05 am

Zito what are your thoughts on lynching algebra?

Empoof
Goon

Post Post #278  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:31 pm

UNVOTE: nn30
VOTE: shadowez
I need to do some soul searching and I want to see shadow's sultry IC words in this thread

@Dun I admittedly havent kept up with you very well. Moving from skim to read-through after class. Was there a reason you were holding your vote?

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #279  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:07 pm

In post 277, aronagrundy wrote:Zito what are your thoughts on lynching algebra?

Well my vote's not there, that's one indicator.

I mostly want him to come make with the words. There's a lot of questions out there for him that demand the words.

If you're talking compromise votes I don't think we're that desperate for time yet.
Kappa
Just Monika

Dunhallym
Goon

Pronoun: She

Post Post #280  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:06 pm

@ arona
Now that I understand better your POV, I need to think on it. Just not tonight: I'm sick and too tired for that.

@Zito
I see your POV, and I admit that I sometimes lie or hide things I think as town. there is just one issue IMO: as town your job is not only to find scum but also to do your best to show you're town. But the attitude you describe is also easier to play as scum, which is why I said it would start to bother me on the long run. I forgot to ask but what do you mean by arona and Empoof as "bros"? Regarding the "buddy chatter", I agree that it's too early to base votes on a possible relationship but I think that some relationships are already pretty unlikely and determining those can help.

@Empoof
In post 278, Empoof wrote:UNVOTE: nn30
VOTE: shadowez
I need to do some soul searching and I want to see shadow's sultry IC words in this thread

@Dun I admittedly havent kept up with you very well. Moving from skim to read-through after class. Was there a reason you were holding your vote?

I removed vote from algebra because he was at l-1 and I didn't want a hammer to happen too soon. I think that I've made it pretty clear that algebra is my favourite lynch for today, at least unless he changes.
I'm not a great fan of Shaddow either and still want to have a look back at him, just not tonight.

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #281  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 2:15 pm

In post 280, Dunhallym wrote:@Zito
I see your POV, and I admit that I sometimes lie or hide things I think as town. there is just one issue IMO: as town your job is not only to find scum but also to do your best to show you're town.

I don't really agree with you here but I don't think arguing about this will help anyone determine alignments since it's (again) all playstyle nonsense.

But the attitude you describe is also easier to play as scum, which is why I said it would start to bother me on the long run.

If you're a surface player it probably would sure. If you're looking at motivations and really ferretting out what I'm doing then it shouldn't.

I forgot to ask but what do you mean by arona and Empoof as "bros"?

I think they're town.
Kappa
Just Monika

Empoof
Goon

Post Post #282  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:11 pm

I removed vote from algebra because he was at l-1 and I didn't want a hammer to happen too soon. I think that I've made it pretty clear that algebra is my favourite lynch for today, at least unless he changes.
Yeah I figured as much from what I read, I just must have missed you explaining that earlier. Thanks

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #283  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:17 pm

We're at less than 4 days left ladies and gents. I know that sounds like an eternity to people used to 20 minute days or whatever but around here it's time to start consolidating.
Kappa
Just Monika

shaddowez
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:48 pm

@grundy - regarding : I was asked specifically about the zito v Titus argument spanning pages. I referenced one specific aspect of Titus' meta there (stubbornness). In , I'm referring to what I know of her game in general, not just one aspect. You're basically asking me how I can say "This tree is dying" at the same time as saying "This forest is so lush!"

In post 268, Titus wrote:Meanwhile, Shaddowez seems to be flailing but in a scummy way. He actually is backtracking on positions in an effort to counter wagon for algebra

Yep, look at me flailing. Mind showing me where I'm backtracking? Or, define how backtracking can be proven against reads progressing based on new information presented.

In post 270, Empoof wrote:shadow how you doing over there

Getting ready for an injection in my spine, so good I guess? Thanks for asking! Was there actually a point to this since you haven't addressed me in a while? (And in searching to make sure I didn't miss anything, I discovered it was you who asked about the Titus/Zito thing)

In post 260, Papa Zito wrote:Yeah I actually agree with Titus.

Which might mean I'm officially clinically insane I dunno.

VOTE: shaddowez

So Titus said she'd have to consider me, but hasn't actually voted me yet. To me, that means she's still trying to decide if I'm scum or not, not that she definitely thinks I'm scum. How does agreeing with her necessarily equate to a vote?

In post 281, Papa Zito wrote:I think they're town.

What currently makes you think empoof is town?

In post 283, Papa Zito wrote:We're at less than 4 days left ladies and gents. I know that sounds like an eternity to people used to 20 minute days or whatever but around here it's time to start consolidating.

Other than me, who do you think is scum?

In post 251, Titus wrote:Algebra never said preflip associations, he said associative reads. How very semantic of you.

This is mostly my fault. I was literally searching for the phrase you used and didn't actually go back through his posts to see the phrasing. That said, I don't like algebra's "reminder" after you clarified.

I'm still hesitant based on this not being the town!Titus I'm used to, but not enough to have a vote there.

UNVOTE:
V/LA on Weekends

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #285  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:14 pm

In post 284, shaddowez wrote:So Titus said she'd have to consider me, but hasn't actually voted me yet. To me, that means she's still trying to decide if I'm scum or not, not that she definitely thinks I'm scum. How does agreeing with her necessarily equate to a vote?

She articulated something I was already thinking. Time is also a factor.

I don't understand the point behind this though. Are you saying I have to wait for Titus to vote you before I can agree with something she says and vote you myself?

In post 284, shaddowez wrote:What currently makes you think empoof is town?

What's the purpose behind this question?

In post 284, shaddowez wrote:Other than me, who do you think is scum?

I've already answered this.
Kappa
Just Monika

aronagrundy
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:07 pm

In post 284, shaddowez wrote:@grundy - regarding : I was asked specifically about the zito v Titus argument spanning pages. I referenced one specific aspect of Titus' meta there (stubbornness). In , I'm referring to what I know of her game in general, not just one aspect. You're basically asking me how I can say "This tree is dying" at the same time as saying "This forest is so lush!"

Well your specific issues with titus this game involved how she was "backtracking whenever confronted with something," which is kind of the opposite of stubborn so I took notice.

shaddowez wrote:
In post 251, Titus wrote:Algebra never said preflip associations, he said associative reads. How very semantic of you.

This is mostly my fault. I was literally searching for the phrase you used and didn't actually go back through his posts to see the phrasing. That said, I don't like algebra's "reminder" after you clarified.

I'm still hesitant based on this not being the town!Titus I'm used to, but not enough to have a vote there.

UNVOTE:

omg there's an unvote code, never knew.

Anyway, so you didn't even bother to research what algebra said but you knew titus was wrong anyway?
VOTE: shaddowez

Titus
Moon Walker

Post Post #287  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:55 pm

@Shaddowez, Again you reference my "stubbornness" in talking with Zito.

This is important on three fronts. 1) You used it to white knight me when a wagon developed on me. 2) It's not a fair representation of what happened. It's more accurate to say Zito and I were talking past each other. 3) You suddenly acted as if those pages were scummy later, when needing to stop voting algebra.

People picked up on this as well. You're asking me to essentially rehash what others filling in for me. I am not in the mood to rehash.

Your retract your vote on me right after being called on it. This type of sheepish attitude doesn't work for an IC. You are not answering or resolving things.

I'm fine with going here.

VOTE: Shaddowez
Show

Titus
Moon Walker

Post Post #288  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:57 pm

That is L minus 1. The next voter should claim intent to hammer, rather than voting. This tells Shaddowez to claim. It's standard across the site.
Show

Morning Tweet
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:14 pm

algebra got off the hook rather easily.

Granted, it did feel like shadow tried to derail the algebra wagon, so I suppose he got his wish.

I presently do not have intent. Will reread and wait a bit longer so nn and algebra can weigh in.

Titus
Moon Walker

Post Post #290  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:24 pm

@Morning, I fully intend to come after algebra tomorrow.
Show

Empoof
Goon

Post Post #291  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 6:46 pm

:popcorn gif:
@Morning feel free to do more quick posts like that as the game moves forward

I'm work now, I like the feel of this vote

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #292  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:37 pm

In post 289, Morning Tweet wrote:algebra got off the hook rather easily.

Lurking can unfortunately be an effective strategy to relieve pressure. Plz do not employ said strategy cuz it kills games and we're all here to have fun yeah?

Regardless, the amount of Algebra chatter hasn't really died down so at best this is a commuted sentence.
Kappa
Just Monika

Titus
Moon Walker

Post Post #293  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:40 pm

@zito, you really think I of all people would let Algebra go?
Show

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #294  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:59 pm

Well no which is why I was addressing our resident anthropomorphic bit of social media.
Kappa
Just Monika

nn30
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:51 pm

I wrote about half a paragraph which was defending Shaddowez. Then I realized I didn't agree with my own logic.

[quote="In post 284

Yep, look at me flailing. Mind showing me where I'm backtracking? Or, define how backtracking can be proven against reads progressing based on new information presented.

UNVOTE: [/quote]

So he flails and backtracks in response to being told he's flailing and backtracking. facepalm.jpg

I still think that Algebra is a better lynch today, however. He's basically dropped off the face of the earth (not that he's ever posted much to begin with). If he's town the most generous thing I can say about him is that he's being unhelpful. If he's scum we've got ourselves a day one scum lynch. Win win?

nn30
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 9:53 pm

I'm so bad at quoting HOLY SHIT. I feel a little dumber every time I do that.

Can someone link me to an article on how to quote properly please?

Titus
Moon Walker

Post Post #297  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:08 pm

You will figure it out. Click the quote button. Preview before posting.

You will need to revote Shaddowez though.
Show

nn30
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298  (ISO)  » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:21 pm

My vote was on Algebra, actually.

VOTE: Algebra

Xalxe
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #299  (ISO)  » Thu Sep 29, 2016 6:05 am

pagetop
- Tic Tac Dough! -
- Betrayal: Widow's Walk -
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games