Newbie 1741 - Game Over

shaddowez
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 28, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #350  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:30 pm

In post 349, Papa Zito wrote:I'd take this more seriously if you were around more.

I had some medical stuff going on this week, which I've attempted to not bring up so as to not get accused of AtE. If I'm still alive after this, I will be around more (weekends excluded). Regardless of that, it's not like I was given time since she made the post immediately.

Outside of that particular issue, do you have thoughts on any of the other points I brought up?
V/LA on Weekends

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 05, 2009
Location: Tejas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #351  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:34 pm

You just made a ton of posts, what exactly do you want me to address?
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

shaddowez
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 28, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #352  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:37 pm

Let's start with this - What do you think of Titus' as her recap of my post?
V/LA on Weekends

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #353  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:41 pm

In post 349, Papa Zito wrote:
In post 346, shaddowez wrote:
In post 288, Titus wrote:That is L minus 1. The next voter should claim intent to hammer, rather than voting. This tells Shaddowez to claim. It's standard across the site.

Titus, you know you're not IC and this isn't the first time you're doing IC-like things. Considering your statement in , it feels like you're doing it for town cred.

I'd take this more seriously if you were around more.


With a VT claim I'm perfectly happy sitting where I am. ALSO I'm loving the competing wagons you guys have no idea.


Titcr
Show

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 05, 2009
Location: Tejas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #354  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:50 pm

In post 352, shaddowez wrote:Let's start with this - What do you think of Titus' as her recap of my post?


Ok here's her recap with numbers added for extreme convenience

I'm going to summarize his post.
1. Titus is wierd but I have no evidence.
2. I'm the easy target as the IC.
3. I'm not going to vote the counterwagon.
4. I am a VT.


1. I'm assuming this references your last paragraph where you say she's trying to mislynch you but you don't really back this statement up.
2. Yeah I dunno where this came from
3. This is perfectly fair. At the time you were STILL NOT VOTING.
4. Yeah?


So uh, please tell me what you've gained by this incredible analysis I just did.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

shaddowez
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 28, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #355  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:15 pm

In post 354, Papa Zito wrote:1. I'm assuming this references your last paragraph where you say she's trying to mislynch you but you don't really back this statement up.
2. Yeah I dunno where this came from
3. This is perfectly fair. At the time you were STILL NOT VOTING.
4. Yeah?


So uh, please tell me what you've gained by this incredible analysis I just did.

I'm not looking to gain anything. I'm making sure that other people are actually looking into my scum read, because one of the jobs of town is to actually try and convince other people that your reads are correct.

So, now some depth to your analysis

1 - What purpose does bringing this up serve? I know I'm town, therefore I know I'm a mislynch. You were the first person to actually vote me, but considering several of her other posts, would you be willing to agree that Titus is attempting to drive my wagon? I'm outright saying I think she's scum, so what else am I supposed to do to "back it up"?
2 - Do you agree that's a misrep? Do you think that any of my points in also accurately reflect Titus misrepping me?
3 - While that is technically correct, my entire post was about hers. Would you have found it scummier or less scummy if I had thrown on a random vote in that post?
4 - I don't really care about this one. Not sure what purpose it served, other than to add filler to a crappy response post.

If you're not willing to look into scum!Titus now, will you when I flip town?
V/LA on Weekends

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 05, 2009
Location: Tejas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #356  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:30 pm

I'm confused. The last thing you said before your current batch of posts was:
In post 284, shaddowez wrote:I'm still hesitant based on this not being the town!Titus I'm used to, but not enough to have a vote there.

UNVOTE:


Why did this change? And if it changed due to her push (I'm anticipating here) then why oh why didn't you revote her? Even better - why did you take the vote off if you weren't going to vote someone else? I had no idea Titus was your #1 you've thrown me for a loop here congrats.

1. Titus driving your wagon or any wagon is not a scumtell good god. And I can't see your PM so to re-ask your question, what purpose does bringing that up serve? Also saying "I think Titus is scum" and not voting her kinda isn't backing up anything. Like I just said I had no idea you were scumreading her and you sure aren't making a consolidated case full of alignment tells and motivational analysis so uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
2. I guess you could call it a misrep? Titus could probably answer you better on this point (or all of them really since yaknow she made the post) but "the IC is an easy target" doesn't really mean anything anyway so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
3. I'll reiterate that I found it scummy that you weren't voting, especially given where we are in the day.

Man this last sentence bothers me because it hints you know I'm town. To answer it tho, I'm looking at everyone.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #357  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:32 pm

Shaddowez tried to argue I went after an easy target. Since when is the IC an easy target?
Show

shaddowez
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 28, 2014
Pronoun: He

Post Post #358  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:57 pm

In post 356, Papa Zito wrote:Why did this change? And if it changed due to her push (I'm anticipating here) then why oh why didn't you revote her? Even better - why did you take the vote off if you weren't going to vote someone else? I had no idea Titus was your #1 you've thrown me for a loop here congrats.

It changed because of her reactions and her push. I had unvoted her because at the time one of my major issues was the algebra quote, which I already admitted to being dumb about regarding semantics. I didn't know the vote count at the time, and didn't have any more time that day to look into it, so didn't want to vote algebra. If you're asking why I'm not currently voting her,

In post 347, shaddowez wrote:Since I highly doubt I'm going to get traction with a Titus wagon, I'm definitely comfortable going back there.


We still have two days left, so if it looks like that could happen I'm more than happy to vote Titus.

algebra and Titus are my top two scum reads right now, I don't know if I'd classify them as #1 and #2 though.

In post 356, Papa Zito wrote:Man this last sentence bothers me because it hints you know I'm town. To answer it tho, I'm looking at everyone.

I can definitely see how you read it that way. I am town reading you right now, so I am going to treat you as town.
V/LA on Weekends

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 05, 2009
Location: Tejas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #359  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:04 pm

Well that's fair I suppose.

Can you put together a cohesive post that shows why Titus is scum. Not nitpicky anything but real "she said this here, this is more likely to be scum motivated than town motivated cuz X." 2 days is plenty of time to swing a wagon, if you're really passionate about this you can make it happen.


The newbies are quiet and it bugs the crap out of me.
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #360  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:19 pm

@Zito - On mobile. Just lost 30 minutes worth of reply to mafia scum telling me to login again. RIP. In the car - will chime in soon.

Empoof
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #361  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:22 pm

FWIW I was gonna bring up the unvote on Titus but didn't finish my post before class since phone formatting blows
In post 358, shaddowez wrote:
In post 356, Papa Zito wrote:Why did this change? And if it changed due to her push (I'm anticipating here) then why oh why didn't you revote her? Even better - why did you take the vote off if you weren't going to vote someone else? I had no idea Titus was your #1 you've thrown me for a loop here congrats.

It changed because of her reactions and her push. I had unvoted her because at the time one of my major issues was the algebra quote, which I already admitted to being dumb about regarding semantics. I didn't know the vote count at the time, and didn't have any more time that day to look into it, so didn't want to vote algebra. everyone.

I'm finding it hard to believe that the algebra quote would be the crux of your argumentation against her considering her post count. I can understand unvoting being based on her reactions but it's poor form to start a shallow wagon that you labeled as "unpopular" that crumbled that hard to semantics. You also could have just said anything about a potential vote, since now it feels to me like you're resigning to the counter wagon just because it's there.

I really dislike the defeatist attitude you held in your first post reply and it clouded me listening to your argumentation with an unbiased view so I'm gonna have lunch and look at it.

In post 349, Papa Zito wrote:ALSO I'm loving the competing wagons you guys have no idea.

I was beginning to think I was the only one

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 05, 2009
Location: Tejas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #362  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:28 pm

In post 360, nn30 wrote:@Zito - On mobile. Just lost 30 minutes worth of reply to mafia scum telling me to login again. RIP. In the car - will chime in soon.

In post 361, Empoof wrote:FWIW I was gonna bring up the unvote on Titus but didn't finish my post before class since phone formatting blows


kids these days and their damn phones I stg
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #363  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:29 pm

In post 360, nn30 wrote:@Zito - On mobile. Just lost 30 minutes worth of reply to mafia scum telling me to login again. RIP. In the car - will chime in soon.


If you're VLA now you should use the [b] tag to tell the mod.
Show

Empoof
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #364  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:36 pm

I can text bae and scum hunt at the same time

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 05, 2009
Location: Tejas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #365  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:38 pm

as;djkf;alsdfjldks
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #366  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:47 pm

So, Shaddowez replies have done nothing to convince me of his innocence - in fact they've done the opposite. They're inconsistent and still flailing.

Re: Flailing - it's in your tone. You've been salty for a while and since I said I had intent to hammer it's only intensified. You disregard the explanations we've already given for how you seem to be backtracking and flailing and instead turn it back on us "how exactly am I flailing/backtracking again?"

Re: inconsistent* - In 284 you ask us how exactly you're flailing/being inconsistent - you give us the counter explanation that you're reacting to new information. Then you go on to unvote Titus. It felt like you unvoted Titus due to pressure in yourself, not new information.

Re: inconsistency 2.0 - You originally wagoned me way back when by pointing out an inconsistency in wgat I said (which I've since explained). In 344 you go on to say that 1) you found me less scummy because I'm unlikely to be Algebra's partner and 2) you try not to make preflip associatives. Point 1 and 2 contradict one another all on their own. The logic in point 1 also contradicts why you found me scummy in the first place (my scummyness had nothing to do with a partnership with Algebra according to anything you said).

Inconsistency 3.0 - You said in 355 thats it's the job of town to back up their reads. IMO it feels like you want to wagon titus just because she's wagoning you. First you vote her, then unvote her and now you want to revote her again. You joined the Algebra wagon in what was most likely a self preservation tactic - you offered nothing of substance on wanting to lynch him. You started a wagon on me and then abandoned it in an inconsistent manner (as I've pointed out above).

You asked earlier why I originally tried to defend you and changed my mind. Please refer to the * above. I originally thought you could be changing your mind on Titus due to changing information. On rereading recent posts I concluded no new information had come to light and that it didn't make sense.

As it stands right now, I'm more inclined to lynch shadow than Algebra. His posts have convinced me.

@Empoof - if you had to choose right now who would you lynch?

I'm available for the next ~2 hours. I'll bold a VLA after that.

algebra
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: July 24, 2016
Location: Math Class
Pronoun: He

Post Post #367  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:52 pm

All caught up, but going to be phone posting and mild v/la this weekend. Shadow looks scum with his defense and flail.VOTE: Shadow

Empoof
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #368  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:54 pm

nn I'm on the shadow wagon

Eating banana bread, nothing's come up for me on this reread so far that isn't some sort of rehash or relies on knowing his flip. But I'm still digging.

Would love that detailed argumentation that Papa was talking about since what you have here is kind of a mess.
The misrep I've seen looked more like Titus insights rather than a summary but I haven't gone through the "white knight" business yet

Empoof
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #369  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:54 pm

TFW

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 05, 2009
Location: Tejas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #370  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:08 pm

oooooooooooooooooooooooooook that was a hammer

We're now in Twilight, which is the period of time between when someone gets lynched and the mod comes in and shuts the thread down. The length of this period depends entirely on how lazy the mod is. Fortunately rules explicitly say we can keep talking in twilight so we uh should.

that hammer sucked

I'm gonna be investigating things tonight with whatever shadow flips in mind.

uh

yeah
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #371  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:13 pm

What should we make of the hammer coming from Algebra (the other likely lynch)? I'm inclined to think it should have come from someone without a self preservation motive.

Papa Zito
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: April 05, 2009
Location: Tejas
Pronoun: He

Post Post #372  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:19 pm

I mean

Anyone hammering is info. And what it says about algebra somewhat depends on the flip. And doesn't change why people were suspicious of him to begin with.


@shadow need some last words bud
Kappa
Just Monika
Age is a very high price to pay for maturity.

Titus
Moon Walker
 
User avatar
Joined: May 03, 2013
Pronoun: She

Post Post #373  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:38 pm

Oh perfect. Algebra hammer bussed. Perfect.
Show

Empoof
Goon
 
User avatar
Joined: September 20, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #374  (ISO)  » Fri Sep 30, 2016 3:50 pm

So algebra tomorrow

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Newbie Games