Wingdings

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #48 (isolation #0) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:47 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 41, MichelSableheart wrote:I've never seen someone spot a breadcrumb before it was pointed out to them; as such, I don't think it has a place in my games.
In Graveyard Shift Mafia, one of my scumbuddies noticed the vig's breadcrumb.

I outted him the next day when I was getting lynched.

I mean, the scumteam had already figured it out, so really it was just me telling the town HEY BRIAN SKIES IS THE VIG AND THE SCUMTEAM KNOWS IT
Join me on my quest to play every NES game! Some of them are awful.

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #49 (isolation #1) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:49 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 47, mastin2 wrote:(Not as a mason, but as other roles, like ascetic. For someone who's done it before as scum, see kuribo.)

for next-level scumplay, breadcrumb several roles in the event you need to re-evaluate your claim later down the line

Kuribo's read is foolproof: one night he was high on NyQuil, and he's ancestors reveiled Aureal's alignment to him. - Dessew
kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #51 (isolation #2) » Tue Sep 27, 2016 7:15 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 50, Psyche wrote:whyd u do that

I was caught scum and I felt like it

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #66 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:49 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 61, Accountant wrote:
In post 49, kuribo wrote:
In post 47, mastin2 wrote:(Not as a mason, but as other roles, like ascetic. For someone who's done it before as scum, see kuribo.)

for next-level scumplay, breadcrumb several roles in the event you need to re-evaluate your claim later down the line
The highest level is not crumbing anything and convincing town a post you made earlier that wasn't a crumb was a crumb
No that's poor planning.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #68 (isolation #4) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:53 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 64, MichelSableheart wrote:
In post 59, Ranmaru wrote:
I still disagree that it is a private exchange. The exchange of private information has already happened, in a private thread. The other players weren't present, and therefore would not know of what has been discussed, and won't understand the meaning behind the scums/masons posts, which makes sense. Example, if I naked voted a player, no player would understand the meaning of it. They can't deduce much from it unless I explain it later. Let's apply your example to mine. If I had a PR result, I'd use a naked vote. If I had vanilla result, I'd use a reason. I don't think that is against any rules.
The difference between your naked vote and the example I give, is that your naked vote is clearly visible to everyone. The other players may not be aware WHY you're making that vote, but they do know THAT you're making that vote. By contrast, in the case of breadcrumbing, it's not just that they don't know the meaning, but also that they don't know the information is there in the first place.
I wonder, how do you apply this as a rule? When and where do you enforce it? Is it possible to go around your ruling?
The ruleset I used in previous games included the following rule:
It is also not allowed to use coding, small or invisible text to hide information in your messages inside the thread. (note that coding includes simple codes such as hiding a word in the first letters of each paragraph of a post)
My basic assumption regarding enforcement is that players will follow the rules I set out, and not cheat. In the below, I assume that the rulebreaking was unintentional. If I feel it was intentional despite knowing it was against the rules, that player will be dealt with by force replace/modkill (depending on the impact on the integrity of the game), be blacklisted, and reported to the listmod for further review.

If a player makes a breadcrumb but nobody ever references it, I won't notice, and therefore won't enforce. That's fine, as that breadcrumb did not affect the game in any way.

If a scum, mason or neighbour team discusses breadcrumbing in their private topic, I will point out the existence of the rule, and my interpretation of it. This should again prevent the breadcrumb from affecting the game, and therefore needs no stronger reinforcement then that.

If a player makes a breadcrumb, and that breadcrumb becomes public info and gets discussed, there is a potential problem regarding game integrity. In that situation, it's possible that players have received information they should not have received. In that case, I will estimate the impact this particular crumb has had on the game. Depending on my estimation, I may give a (public or private) warning not to do that again if I feel it didn't have much impact, or I may modkill the player who broke the rules if his actions gave his team a significant advantage.
There's really not an issue of integrity. There's no out of game state communication like in the case of encryption or font fuckery. It's something that exists solely within the bounds of the game and the game state.

Even the case of scum agreeing on a code with night talk is within the game state: they're allowed to talk at night. Any communication they have in the day thread as a result of that is still a part of the game state. It's no different than If scum said "okay tomorrow we're lynching Dave."

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #69 (isolation #5) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:54 am

Post by kuribo »

In post 67, Gamma Emerald wrote:Unless you're scum.

Winging it as scum is no substitute for having an idea of what you want to accomplish.

kuribo
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
kuribo
he/him
Fire and Brimstone
Fire and Brimstone

Post Post #71 (isolation #6) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:40 pm

Post by kuribo »

Yes but on the other hand I have a guilty on you

vote: mastin

Return to “Mafia Discussion”