Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Pronoun: He/him

Newbie 1741 - Mafia

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 12:55 am

Post by Xalxe »

Welcome nn30 (Mafia Goon) and Morning Tweet (Mafia Roleblocker)! You may use this thread to discuss during the pregame and each night phase. You may also submit night actions in this thread. Please be sure to specify which of you will be performing the kill each night.

Good luck, and good scumming!
Last edited by Xalxe on Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I, too, would prefer to know the Xalxe of my demise." - Felissan, 2022
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:52 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Sup. Do you have any previous mafia experience?

To answer the question for me.. I've never played on Mafiascum before, but I've played mafia in real life and on another forum.

I've never played as mafia, or "scum", though.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 2:58 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Also, as a reminder to myself (and you), seeing as we have a roleblocker, we know the setup must be 'A' or '2'.

That means we have (1) mafia goon, (1) mafia roleblocker, (1) town cop, (1) town doctor, and (5) vanilla townies.

OR

We have (1) mafia goon, (1) mafia roleblocker, (1) town jailkeeper, (1) 1-shot BP townie, and (5) vanilla townies.

We must be careful not to slip that we know what power roles the town possibly have.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:21 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

I think if we get to LYLO and we know which setup we have (presumably because we killed a PR), the townier of us should claim the remaining PR before the real PR does. I don't know much about fake claims, (or even if that's a good gambit), so it'll be interesting. Let me know if you think it's a bad idea.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:49 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

Starting to read up on it, this'll be my last message as I'm helping a friend for most of the day.

If one of us gets cornered day one (We're at L-1 and someone declares intent to hammer), we should claim a PR as a last-ditch effort to out one of them. Personally, I'd claim Doctor. That way, if the setup is cop/doctor, we might get the doc to reveal, or if it's jailkeeper/BP, we still might get one to reveal. If we claim cop and the real cop reveals, and I'm the one lynched, they'll be able to play Follow the Cop. But if the doctor reveals and I die, we'll remove at least remove a PR.

Hope you get in here before pregame ends, we can only speak to eachother right now and at nighttime.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 3:50 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

*we'll at least remove a PR
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:03 am

Post by nn30 »

Hey!

I've played a number of 'mafia games' in real life. The Resistance, a Hitler themed game, and werewolf. Never mafia or on this forum though.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:17 am

Post by nn30 »

You are correct - we have either the 'A' setup or the '2' setup.

So town will either have a cop (can identify one person per night) or a doctor (protect one person per night).

In either setup they get to protect one person. During the day - if a target becomes abundantly clear (say, a townie claims a PR) - we should target someone else that night. I don't want to lose a kill to protection because we behaved too rationally.

It's not likely that we'll be targeted during day 1. Though, we should let someone else determine the lynching (pushing too hard for a lynch on day one seems kind of scummy).
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:20 am

Post by nn30 »

I think we shouldn't behave buddy buddy by accident during the day phase.

That being said, one of us should push for a 'no lynch' day one. Buys that person some goodwill.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Morning Tweet »

To stop us from killing, town will either have a doctor to save a victim, or a "roleblock/protector" to roleblock us or save a victim, depending on who he jails. If there's a jailkeeper then there's also a 1-shot BP, which will be near impossible to get rid of once they claim, if uncountered.

I can't think of a case for town to no-lynch the first day, but it might look like newb-town if one of us pretends.

Some healthy interactions are important. If we don't engage with eachother at all it'll look suspicious.

As for the day one lynch, if a townie forms a case on one of us, we may need to start a counter-wagon on someone else. Preferably making it seem unrelated to the former wagon.

If theres town vs. town going on, we could each take one town members side, or have one of us take a side and the other say they believe it's town v town (if they can form strong enough reasoning so it doesn't seem like we KNOW it's town v town).

I believe the most important things we can do are be townread, find the PRs, and cast suspicion on the IC if we don't plan to nightkill him. It's always scary when the IC lives a long time in newbie games, we just gotta make sure he can't flip it around on us.

Best of luck to the both of us :mrgreen:
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:43 am

Post by Xalxe »

Good morning, naughty mafia people!
- On this day in history: mundanity, and terror, and food, and love, and trees -
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:56 pm

Post by Xalxe »

Good evening friends!
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Just my luck that nn is V/LA for the next couple of days..
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:32 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

@mod
Am I able to perform the kill and roleblock on the same night?

If I can't/won't, am I able to make nn do the kill even though he's not here?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Oh mb night lasts three days, not two. He should be able to make it.

Still wondering the first question, though.
Xalxe
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
Xalxe
He/him
It's pronounced "Xalxe"
It's pronounced "Xalxe"

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:46 pm

Post by Xalxe »

In post 13, Morning Tweet wrote:@mod Am I able to perform the kill and roleblock on the same night?
Yes, indeed you can.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:55 pm

Post by nn30 »

Hey! Good job so far. Town has no idea what's going on. Copy pasted since I'll be at a wedding later. (Edit: Back from the wedding btw).

I'm not sure why the heat on my wagon died (it really had no reason to - was my explaining really that effective)?

People we shouldn't kill - Algebra / Papa / Titus. Algebra will die on D2 most likely, Papa is probably trying to get protection on him with his comments (or encouraging us to kill him). Either way I don't want to play into that. Titus should live because she's a village idiot (lol). She'll probably win us the game if she sticks around (or maybe get herself lynched D3).

I think I have a way to throw some shade on Empoof. He jumped on the Shadow wagon without much explanation (literally right after Papa made his post about information control). I can make it seem like he was hopping on an easy mislynch. Plus he bailed on lynching me for no good reason (another thing I can say to make it seem like he was going for the easiest wagon). I won't pull this out 100% though - it only looks like he pulled pressure off of Algebra. Since Algebra is dying first (and won't come up red) the timing on this may never be ideal.

I think the kill is between Arona and Dunhally. I think I want to kill Dunn - her reads have been more accurate so far. What are your thoughts?

I think I'm likely to die D3 once Algebra goes down. *shrug* Not much we can do about that. If the winds shift that way it may not be wise to defend me given your previous comments about me.

What are your thoughts so far?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by nn30 »

Dunno where Titus got the idea I'd be gone till Tuesday - my original post said Friday - Sunday morning.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:26 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Oh that's a relief, then.

I disagree about Titus being a VI, she's probably the person I fear the most even though her reads have been wrong thus far.
Managing to kill Titus would basically confirm algebra as scum for everyone else AND get rid of a power player (imo). Problem is, I can see her getting protected.

I think our d3 mislynch will be the hardest lynch of all if we don't kill at least one PR. Empoof is probably the easiest mislynch.

Personally I think Papa, algebra, and empoof are likely vanillas. Dunny, arona, and titus I'm less sure about.

Dunny and I have shared opinions a few times now, not just when we agreed about the shadow wagon. I feel like we might be able to sway her to our side.

I'm favoring an arona kill, but I'd be willing to switch to Dun.
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:27 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Forgot to add Titus is fine to live for tonight as she townreads you for an unknown reason
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

ON THE SUBJECT OF ROLEBLOCKING
Theres a 50/50 chance we've got a cop in here, I'd like to aim to roleblock that person if they exist. Plus if it's a jailkeeper setup, we might get an offensive jailkeeper instead.

Who is most likely to interrogate one of us? I'll read through the thread and ponder this tonight, then get back to you tomorrow.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by nn30 »

So I don't know how accurate her wiki is, but Titus has a 40% win rate as town (according to it). This is also on her wiki (that or I remember it when doing Meta reads of her past games). She's admitted to preferring being scum because she's better at it.

IMO 40% winrate as town means she's doing something to hinder her team - a balanced game would leave her at 50/50. I think we shouldn't NK her. The most likely D3 mislynch I see is on her (due to Shaddowez insistence that she's scum - gives us some proven town thought processes to jump off from).

Why do you think papa Algebra and Poof are vanillas? What are the tells for power roles (or where can I read some theory regarding this).

Also - on the off chance that Algebra isn't a vanilla - you should do the kill tonight. I'm most likely to be investigated IMO.

Titus seems to like me - she's supportive of what I have to say (after she quit tunneling me). I think she can be swayed to agree with me (or she can incorrectly tunnel someone and I can jump on her wagon with her).

I'm fine with an Arona lynch. An Empoof lynch scares me - he jumped into the game and immediately had me as his #1 scumread. That could be linked back to be fairly easily.

I think that Papa Zito would be my target for a role block. Of the people in the town, he's the most conf town of all and I think that once he makes up his mind on something the town will be with him. I want to deny him any information we can.

Titus is most likely to interrogate one of us. She's the pushiest.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by nn30 »

I think Papa could be a 1-shot bullet proof - maybe he's attempting to get us to kill him?
Morning Tweet
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Morning Tweet
She
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner
Team Mafia Winner

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:11 pm

Post by Morning Tweet »

Oh by interrogate I meant what the cop does at night.

Last reply for tonight, hopefully can get that reread done..

I'm thinking algebra would put more effort into not being put on stand if he was a PR (and if he is PR there's a fair chance he won't be believed, too)

Empoof is more a gut feeling, could be wrong.

I agree Titus seems to trust you for some reason. This could be seen as a Titus/nn scumteam to the others, when algebra flips town I think that's where they'll be looking.

The only thing stopping our kill (other than someone getting protected by doc/jk) is if there's a jailkeeper and one of us is jailed. If jailkeeper is a nn/Titus believer (like algebra prolly) I think you'll be jailed, so I agree I'll do the killing.

If Papa's cop I'm sure he'll cop me (Tweet needs to post more). If arona's cop we got that covered, I don't think Dun will cop me, Titus might go me but also might have some secretive read, and algebra is taken care of mostly. Empoof still thinking about.

Preview edit/
Why do you say that? While it's true Papa ended up townie, I'm not sure he was specifically trying to get killed.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Oct 02, 2016 4:38 pm

Post by nn30 »

Warning: smoked some weed. Everything in this post should be taken with a grain of salt.

If I were Dunhally (or town) I'd be upset this logic wasn't followed.

Dun 338: "Since I don't have any more reasons not to vote VOTE: algebra
And I'll state it: my worry with the Shaddow vote is that, as I have stated, I don't see why scumShaddow would do what he did if he's not partnered with algebra or nn30 (much less probable). I think algebra's alignment will teach us more on this matter. In addition, I dislike leaving algebra for tomorrow because one of two events will happen: we decide from the start that algebra is tomorrow's lynch no matter what, which is bad play or we finally lynch someone else and algebra will keep being a distraction (at least to me).
I'll elaborate more on that when I have time (probably tomorrow if the day has not ended)."

So upset that I'd be suspicious of the people that were on the Shadow wagon reading into how all that went down. Lynching Shadow with the knowledge that Algebra was likely tomorrow's lynch is a very advantageous scenario for scum.

I think Algebra is most likely to be investigated tbh. He's so obviously tomorrow's lynch that his alignment would be a good one to know - if I were playing cop 80% chance I investigate him.

Look for someone to defend (or ignore or jump on a counter wagon) him tomorrow - it could be a tell.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”