-
Mafia Neapolitan

Role PMs:
Spoiler: Vanilla Townie
Welcome to Mini Normal #____!

You are a
Vanilla Townie

Abilities:

-During the day phase, you may vote and post as normal.

Win Condition:

You win when all threats have been eliminated and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Respond by PM with your role to confirm. The game will begin when at least 10 players have confirmed. You can find the game thread here.

Spoiler: Town Ascetic

You are an
Ascetic Townie

Abilities:

-During the night phase, any actions which target you are ignored aside from those which would kill you.

Win Condition:

You win when all threats have been eliminated and there is at least one town-aligned player alive.

Respond by PM with your role to confirm. The game will begin when at least 10 players have confirmed. You can find the game thread here.

Spoiler: Town Jailkeeper

You are a
Town Jailkeeper

Abilities:

-During the night phase, you may choose another player. That player will not be able to perform any of their night actions, and will also be protected from any incoming attacks that night.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Town Cop

You are a
Town Cop

Abilities:

-During each night phase, you may choose another player. You will be told if that player is a member of the town team or the mafia team. Your results will come in the form of “Your target is a member of the town,” or “Your target is a member of the mafia.”

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Town Deputy

You are a
Town Deputy

Abilities:

-If a Cop dies, you will gain all of their abilities.

Win Condition:

Spoiler: Mafia Goon

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partners are
(PLAYER)
, who is a
Mafia Neapolitan
, and
(PLAYER)
, who is a
Mafia Goon

Abilities:

-You share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk during day and night.
-You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill.

Win Condition:

You win when members of your faction make up half or more of the living player..

Spoiler: Mafia Neapolitan

You are a
Mafia Neapolitan

Your partners are
(PLAYER)
and
(PLAYER)
, who are
Mafia Goons

Abilities:

-You share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk during day and night.
-You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill.

-During the night phase, you may choose a player. You will be told if that player is a Vanilla Townie. You will receive results in the form of “Your target is a Vanilla Townie,” or “Your target is not a Vanilla Townie.”

Win Condition:

You win when members of your faction make up half or more of the living players.

Last edited by podoboq on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 am, edited 14 times in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #1) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:54 am

Post by podoboq »

Shadow_step sent me a PM that said this:
Shadow_step wrote:Can you confirm you sent me the right role PM?
Just wanted to document that. I thought it was funny. Good on him for checking.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:05 am

Post by podoboq »

Also, this made me laugh out loud. Warning to anyone who reads this, this thread might just be full of things I consider highlights.
In post 170, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 169, Shadow_step wrote:Eager could have waited a bit
Does not mesh.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #3) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:03 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 816, Shadow_step wrote:Macho is not a neg utility like ascetic so this doesn't apply.
Boy, you is wrong. Macho is arguably more negative utility than ascetic.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4 (isolation #4) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:05 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 811, implosion wrote:In fact it's almost a point in favor of them both being town that podoboq, the mod, was one of the macho townies in that game; it seems likely that he saw that component of the setup design, liked it, and reinterpreted it for whatever setup we have here to get two town ascetics.
For what it matters, I was playing with my setup and built it around two ascetics before New York 196 (and the double machos) ever happened. It did make me more excited for the setup, though.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #5) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 1076, eagerSnake wrote:Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?
Heavily considering sigging this post-game.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #6) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 6, eagerSnake wrote:Hey I voted boring in 1455 (for the last VC)
:facepalm: You're right. :facepalm:

I've screwed up quite a few vote counts this game. First game modding here, and I'm really surprised at how bad I've been with the vote counts.

Too bad Shadow tunneled you so damn hard. I'm looking forward to him calling this game bastard all of day 2.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #7) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by podoboq »

As of now, assuming nobody changes their mind, the following are the night 1 actions:

Prism
uses the factional kill on
MariaR

Zoronos
jails
PenguinPower
(no effect)
Boring
checks
implosion
and receives the result
"Your target is a Vanilla Townie."

Gamma Emerald
checks
implosion
and receives the result
"Your target is a member of the town."
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #12 (isolation #8) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:54 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 1543, Shadow_step wrote:That's a weird kill.
Definitely made to frame boring.

VOTE: Implosion

This is scum

Also I'm sorry Eager.
Anyway I'm glad we got that out of the way early. Something like that on day 3 would be fucking terrible.
Dramatic irony like this is why I love modding.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:55 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 11, eagerSnake wrote:Why jail PenguinPower?
No clue. I can't exactly ask him. Probably suspected him of being scum.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #10) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 17, MariaR wrote:Did scum say why they killed me
Mostly because your reads were on point, and a good town should have auto town-read you based on your early and fervent defense of eagerSnake. There are also bonus WiFoM points where you were such an obvious target if boring was scum, and clearly scum wouldn't be that obvious, right?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #22 (isolation #11) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:57 am

Post by podoboq »

Can the mafia please kill Shadow_step for me. He's ascetic, so he's a (mostly) guaranteed kill, and I want to argue with him in the dead thread.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #12) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:14 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 24, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 22, podoboq wrote:Can the mafia please kill Shadow_step for me. He's ascetic, so he's a (mostly) guaranteed kill, and I want to argue with him in the dead thread.
Doubtful. Optimal play is killing Gamma, Zoronos kill 2nd best
I think you have to go for the Jailkeeper first, and hope that he jails the Cop for protection. Otherwise, you risk that he protects the Cop and you just lose your kill.

I just
want
them to kill Shadow_step.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #27 (isolation #13) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:43 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 26, eagerSnake wrote:If you were jailer would you jail the cop?
I probably wouldn't. You might be right. There's an argument for either decision here. It's not an easy position the mafia is left in, especially considering a Deputy will just replace the Cop.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #28 (isolation #14) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:59 am

Post by podoboq »

Zoronos still hasn't submitted his night action. I PMed him, but if he doesn't respond by this time tomorrow, the mafia kills Gamma Emerald.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #29 (isolation #15) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:18 am

Post by podoboq »

Prism
Gamma Emerald

Zoronos
jails
Grendel
(no effect)
Boring
checks
nn30
and receives the result

GammaEmerald
checks
nn30
and receives the result
"Your target is a member of the town."

Spoiler:
I have no idea why Zoronos is jailing Grendel.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #16) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:05 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 30, Gamma Emerald wrote:LOL
Me and boring chose the same guy.
Twice!
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #34 (isolation #17) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 32, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also has boring been town AT ALL on this site yet?
No, actually. She was very peeved about it in the scum PT.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #40 (isolation #18) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:06 pm

Post by podoboq »

Shadow_step's unedited #2579

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8483862#p8483862]post 2571[/url], boring"]@nn30 

My case on Penguin as presented today
[spoiler=][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8469005#p8469005]post 2287[/url], boring"]Honestly, Penguin, your push on nn30 is part of what's making me drag my feet on him. Sure, you hammered LUV, but that was after the gambit, when it was clear he was getting lynched anyway. In fact, I'm more than a little surprised that Zoronos wasn't more suspicious of you, based on the votes, than Grendel. 

First, you went after Gamma. Then, when he was revealed as cop, you went after Zoronos. LUV continued to get pressure, but you didn't vote him. I think it's very conceivable that the scum team told him to gambit to flush out any protectors. Then, when he got to L-1 again, and the gambit got its results, you hammered with little warning, to cut off further discussion.

[vote]Penguin[/vote][/quote]

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479008#p8479008]post 2452[/url], boring"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8476384#p8476384]post 2434[/url], PenguinPower"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8475825#p8475825]post 2429[/url], boring"]He's capable of following instructions, right? Do you think he thought up the doc gambit all by his lonesome?[/quote]

In my experience with him. No, and No.  He would need message-crafting level coaching to buddy someone; not just guidance to buddy.[/quote]
You'll have to forgive me if I don't take your word for it. Regardless, I can't be the only person he buddied. 

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8476384#p8476384]post 2434[/url], PenguinPower"]You're starting to get a little flippant in your posting, which I appreciate - if you were town.  [/quote]
This comment worries me. I know this is an argument being used by someone(s) to townread you. Your attempt to apply it to me feels ham-handed. It's as if you're trying to reinforce this perception of you, rather than determine my alignment. [/quote]
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479015#p8479015]post 2453[/url], boring"]"worries" is the wrong word. I'm past worried. "Irks"? "Helps supports my scum read"? Helps support my scum read.[/quote]
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479307#p8479307]post 2457[/url], boring"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479051#p8479051]post 2454[/url], PenguinPower"]

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479008#p8479008]post 2452[/url], boring"]This comment worries me. I know this is an argument being used by someone(s) to townread you. Your attempt to apply it to me feels ham-handed. It's as if you're trying to reinforce this perception of you, rather than determine my alignment.[/quote]

I'm me, and you're you.  I've been flippant since my first post in this thread.  You haven't been, so the change is noteworthy to me. [/quote] Still clumsy. First, I've not been flippant at all. Second, who is deliberately flippant the point that they would choose describe themselves as such?[/spoiler]

My arguments against Penguin on previous days:
[spoiler=][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8392062#p8392062]post 238[/url], boring"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8392023#p8392023]post 236[/url], PenguinPower"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8391909#p8391909]post 223[/url], boring"]However, I'm enjoying the irony of PP bucking your analysis when he's going after LUV for his. Not that I'm not fond of LUV right now, either.[/quote]

So. Many. Pronouns.

I don't know how to respond since it could mean to entirely different things.[/quote]
What I mean is this: You're scumreading LUV for the answers he gave to Grendel's questions. You're being scumread by Grendel for the answers you gave to the same questions. You're unhappy with Grendel's interpretation of your answers. While I sympathize with your frustration, I find the situation mildly humorous. 

Further, I find both you and LUV worth some scrutiny, but that I'm dissatisfied with both your and Grendel's decisions to base scum reads off Grendel's "RQS".[/quote]

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8396352#p8396352]post 349[/url], boring"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8395671#p8395671]post 343[/url], Shadow_step"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8395074#p8395074]post 329[/url], boring"]Gamma is acting exactly like he did in our last game. I tunnelled him for it because he's easy to mislynch. I'm also doubting my scum read on Zoronos. He's just barrelled on without a single adjustment to his behavior. It's not something I'd expect from someone I'm scum-reading for being fake. They're each either cleverer at playing scum than I'm willing to entertain at the moment, or they're not scum.

[unvote][/unvote][/quote]

Join me on Penguin please.

He nicely ignored my question.[/quote]
I don't think your question was terribly interrogative, so that's not a super good reason. The vote on gamma makes no sense though. 

@Gamma, I don't think you're too widely town read, so it's not like PP's going against the flow. It seems more like he's testing it.

[vote]PenguinPower[/vote][/quote]

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8398303#p8398303]post 476[/url], boring"]
[color=#FF4F00]PenguinPower[/color] - Bad votes, reactions lack a feeling of authenticity, posts lacking substance, and dismissive in a way that I only see with scum.[/quote][/quote][/spoiler]
Penguin has seemed scummy pretty much the whole game. I don't think he's ever breached null with me, and I do seriously question why people would think he's town. He's so incredibly opportunistic, and he only seems to pick very safe targets to go after.  

With Shadow, it's more complicated. He's said a couple things here and there that have pinged me. For example, rereading the fake-claim situation over N2. These posts weren't far apart, but I find that there's a lot wrong with them. [quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8453915#p8453915]post 2085[/url], Shadow_step"]I want to lock LUV into a claim, I think he is also scum.[/quote] If his intent to hammer was designed to lock LUV into a claim, why would he immediately believe it? 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8454263#p8454263]post 2092[/url], Shadow_step"]Brilliant, all the lynch baits got all the good PRs :/[/quote] If our most easily mislynched players were in a position to be conf. town, that's an enormous stroke of good luck. This comment reads to me like one of frustration, which makes me question whether it's a scum slip.

His big picture too, has struck me as possibly anti-town. Meaning, he's not made an ounce of positive contribution, in the long run. 

Then there's Grendel's argument, which made a lot of sense. I get the impression that not everyone took the time to read it. So here it is again:
[spoiler=][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8473874#p8473874]post 2378[/url], Grendel"]The connection of the second Ascetic being a role blocker:

1) I hate to admit it, but Zoronos is right about scum being way to confidant to go after Gamma without a means to negate his power.  

2) If there were two roles capable of negating night actions, the mod would have to decide which gets priority; giving the scum rb an aesthetic modifier solves this issue. 

3) With Shadow being an ascetic it makes more sense for him to be a role blocker because his modifier with allow him to bypass Zoronos's blocking ablities. 

4) All things considered from a set up perspective, town and mafia having one ascetic makes more sense than town getting [i]two ascetics[/i], while scum[i] also gets something to counter town protectives[/i]. Unless we have another 3+ town power, (lol), then this isn't an incredibility anti-town set up.

I won’t remove a strong man from the table, but given that Shadow is arguing that instead of a role blocker is giving me bad vibes.  Especially now that I have had this realization regarding Shadow.

I guess I should address the elephant in the room first. The reason why everybody has a mutual town read on Shadow: his counter claim. Heck, even I thought it was a pretty town motivated thing to do, cc another unlikely role in the only makes sense. The thing is though that I have witnessed enough games to recognizing risky D1 scum gambits. They go hard and long D1, until everybody is convinced that there is no way the slot could be scum. Then once cleared by the other players they lurk until the late game. Compare this to shadow’s activity this game. 166 posts D1. 35 posts  D2. 15 posts so far today. He becomes significantly less aggressive with his pushes going into the second day, and many of his opinions are not memorable. As in looking over his iso, I’m seeing things I never really noticed before.

Some things I noticed going through his isolated posts:
[spoiler=][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8388083#p8388083]post 9[/url], Shadow_step"][vote]LUV[/vote]

This is a scum PR we need to get riD of ASAP.[/quote]
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8390161#p8390161]post 166[/url], Shadow_step"]Looks like LUV has been advised to play dumb and play newb like.
Needs death.[/quote]
-Shadow had started out D1 with a vote on LUV, and then proceeds to distance him until he comes to the conclusion that LUV null. Looks like scum pretending to sort scum.  
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8397153#p8397153]post 400[/url], Shadow_step"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8397141#p8397141]post 398[/url], MariaR"]N30 has been obv town since the start of this.

The fact gamma isn't obv town when I've obv town read him before is worrying 

the LUV townreads make me laugh.

I'm gonna look more into a few players that don't need names but with the amount of people I am slowly going like "you can be town" these players are....[/quote]

If penguin is scum, LUV is town.
I do agree on that town reading LUV is kinda dumb.[/quote]
- Its common for scum to link their buddies to other players in mutally exclusive relationships. Though I find the order a bit weird. 

-With the usage of the scum pt it is not unreasonable that Shadow could have plotted out his counter claim in advance. I believe he is of the ability to organize this as scum. Town reading him for it would be folly. 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8403760#p8403760]post 753[/url], Shadow_step"]I'm not lynching anyone but eager today. 
If there are two ascetics. This game is bastard.

So I'd rather believe eager is scum than this game is bastard.[/quote]
- Shadow step calling the game bastard seems like a redirect to get town to blame to mod’s set up choices instead of Shadow once Eager flips scum. It also gives him an excuse to spend the whole day tunneling Eager, and be justified by the outcome regardless what Eager flips. He do say this as town, but it'd be an awfully convenit stance to take as scum sense he can look like aggressive town while not actually being aggressive towards other players. So he gets no back lash for statements like this.  

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8410849#p8410849]post 1344[/url], Shadow_step"]Hmm I got my facts wrong. Eggman and eager were both useless I thought eager got lynched for the cult win.[/quote]

-  Scum slip. A low expections of Eager. As scum Shadow would view him as an easy mislynch. Suggests that Shadow would have been more confidence pushing a cc on Eager then somebody else. 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8425446#p8425446]post 1579[/url], Shadow_step"] 
If he thinks I'm scum, I would obviously not consider Eager to be town. Why the hell would I? He then says that Eager could be lying town. Implying he knows eager I town. Lying as town is very risky. Not just in that game. But you can get blacklisted.
LUV treats me as if I am town here.

To be noted[/quote]

-  Shadeow’s read of LUV bounces throughout D1, but ultimately it appears that LUV is a null read for him given how Shadow keeps a suspicion on him without acting on it. It isn’t until this point that he seems legitimately interested in lynching LUV… until he moves over to Gamma. 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8454263#p8454263]post 2092[/url], Shadow_step"]Brilliant, all the lynch baits got all the good PRs :/

[v]Nn[/v][/quote]
- 2092 Immediately buys that LUV is doctor. I think this could be a last second reprieve to see if LUV can live another day or two. 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8454298#p8454298]post 2099[/url], Shadow_step"]Someone needs to unvote before luv self hammers.[/quote]
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8454318#p8454318]post 2102[/url], Shadow_step"]He will hammer cause he is scum.
Probably going bonkers in his at.[/quote]
- 2099 & 2102 This reads like damage control. Trying to back away from LUV as fast as he can. 

- Shadow spends a lot of time on set up speculation D2…
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8466835#p8466835]post 2209[/url], Shadow_step"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8460881#p8460881]post 2201[/url], podoboq"][area][b]Lil Uzi Vert[/b], [color=#FF0000]Mafia Goon[/color], was lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Please PM all night actions to me by the deadline, or bold them in your associated private thread.

[b]Deadline[/b]: [countdown]2016-10-29 08:44:00 -4.00[/countdown][/area][/quote]

Only if bastars mod hadn't put 2 town ascetics, had this scum fuck day 1.[/quote]

- Takes credit for the lynch of somebody he only kept as a scum lean and only pushed whenever Shadow thought LUV said something particularly bad. Usually something directed at Shadow too. Also Shadow is once again painting the mod as the scape goat. Maybe it's just me, but shadow has been evading the responsibility for his actions this game, starting with his fake 1-L vote on Pengiun back in Day 1.

Seeing how the most town thing I had to say about Shadow going into today was his behavior D1 tells me that he has been keeping a low profile since Eager flipped. Also nobody pointing out some of these things means that everybody has written off Shadow as town. Which imo is a big mistake that I too was a part of yesterday. The entire purpose of a powerful D1 scum gambit is to rack up enough town cred to slide into the endgame. This is exactly what Shadow is doing.

You know, I had originally thought that Shadow step was an investigative role given his jump on Gamma at the start of D2 along the lines of “Oh yeah, this is scum btw”. I thought that he was softing a guilty, the same way he did at the start of D1 where he remarked how easy the game will be after Eager’s claim. There was also how much attention Shadow gives Maria D1, and her general feelings were that Gamma wasn’t Ob!town like she was expecting him to be. More reasoning I had down in my notes is that two regular townies modified with straight aesthetics modifiers and nothing else, would be really anti town. So I thought that Shadow should be a cop or some such.[/quote][/spoiler]
My primary reservations on the Shadow case are, first, if he's scum, he's played one hell of a risky game. Second, I'm prone to serious paranoia sometimes, so I have to question whether I've read too much into these details. 

Yes, Shadow, I think it possible for the scum team to be LUV-Penguin-Shadow.[/quote]

Grendel's case holds zero water, he's assuming crazy things like LUV. Who was arguing that I was some gambiting scum who CCed eager to take the pressure of PP and boring. That argument in itself was dumb because I was the one who was pushing the PP wagon quite a bit.
Its the same here, using crazy theories to justify his push on me when simple Occam's razor can dictate that isn't the case.
He also refuses to address why I'm playing sub optimally if I am ascetic RB.

How does believing a claim make me scum? what is your argument here? I don't get it at all.
Last edited by podoboq on Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #19) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:07 pm

Post by podoboq »

Shadow_step's unedited #2583

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8484487#p8484487]post 2579[/url], Shadow_step"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8483862#p8483862]post 2571[/url], boring"]@nn30 

My case on Penguin as presented today
[spoiler=][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8469005#p8469005]post 2287[/url], boring"]Honestly, Penguin, your push on nn30 is part of what's making me drag my feet on him. Sure, you hammered LUV, but that was after the gambit, when it was clear he was getting lynched anyway. In fact, I'm more than a little surprised that Zoronos wasn't more suspicious of you, based on the votes, than Grendel. 

First, you went after Gamma. Then, when he was revealed as cop, you went after Zoronos. LUV continued to get pressure, but you didn't vote him. I think it's very conceivable that the scum team told him to gambit to flush out any protectors. Then, when he got to L-1 again, and the gambit got its results, you hammered with little warning, to cut off further discussion.

[vote]Penguin[/vote][/quote]

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479008#p8479008]post 2452[/url], boring"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8476384#p8476384]post 2434[/url], PenguinPower"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8475825#p8475825]post 2429[/url], boring"]He's capable of following instructions, right? Do you think he thought up the doc gambit all by his lonesome?[/quote]

In my experience with him. No, and No.  He would need message-crafting level coaching to buddy someone; not just guidance to buddy.[/quote]
You'll have to forgive me if I don't take your word for it. Regardless, I can't be the only person he buddied. 

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8476384#p8476384]post 2434[/url], PenguinPower"]You're starting to get a little flippant in your posting, which I appreciate - if you were town.  [/quote]
This comment worries me. I know this is an argument being used by someone(s) to townread you. Your attempt to apply it to me feels ham-handed. It's as if you're trying to reinforce this perception of you, rather than determine my alignment. [/quote]
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479015#p8479015]post 2453[/url], boring"]"worries" is the wrong word. I'm past worried. "Irks"? "Helps supports my scum read"? Helps support my scum read.[/quote]
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479307#p8479307]post 2457[/url], boring"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479051#p8479051]post 2454[/url], PenguinPower"]

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8479008#p8479008]post 2452[/url], boring"]This comment worries me. I know this is an argument being used by someone(s) to townread you. Your attempt to apply it to me feels ham-handed. It's as if you're trying to reinforce this perception of you, rather than determine my alignment.[/quote]

I'm me, and you're you.  I've been flippant since my first post in this thread.  You haven't been, so the change is noteworthy to me. [/quote] Still clumsy. First, I've not been flippant at all. Second, who is deliberately flippant the point that they would choose describe themselves as such?[/spoiler]

My arguments against Penguin on previous days:
[spoiler=][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8392062#p8392062]post 238[/url], boring"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8392023#p8392023]post 236[/url], PenguinPower"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8391909#p8391909]post 223[/url], boring"]However, I'm enjoying the irony of PP bucking your analysis when he's going after LUV for his. Not that I'm not fond of LUV right now, either.[/quote]

So. Many. Pronouns.

I don't know how to respond since it could mean to entirely different things.[/quote]
What I mean is this: You're scumreading LUV for the answers he gave to Grendel's questions. You're being scumread by Grendel for the answers you gave to the same questions. You're unhappy with Grendel's interpretation of your answers. While I sympathize with your frustration, I find the situation mildly humorous. 

Further, I find both you and LUV worth some scrutiny, but that I'm dissatisfied with both your and Grendel's decisions to base scum reads off Grendel's "RQS".[/quote]

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8396352#p8396352]post 349[/url], boring"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8395671#p8395671]post 343[/url], Shadow_step"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8395074#p8395074]post 329[/url], boring"]Gamma is acting exactly like he did in our last game. I tunnelled him for it because he's easy to mislynch. I'm also doubting my scum read on Zoronos. He's just barrelled on without a single adjustment to his behavior. It's not something I'd expect from someone I'm scum-reading for being fake. They're each either cleverer at playing scum than I'm willing to entertain at the moment, or they're not scum.

[unvote][/unvote][/quote]

Join me on Penguin please.

He nicely ignored my question.[/quote]
I don't think your question was terribly interrogative, so that's not a super good reason. The vote on gamma makes no sense though. 

@Gamma, I don't think you're too widely town read, so it's not like PP's going against the flow. It seems more like he's testing it.

[vote]PenguinPower[/vote][/quote]

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8398303#p8398303]post 476[/url], boring"]
[color=#FF4F00]PenguinPower[/color] - Bad votes, reactions lack a feeling of authenticity, posts lacking substance, and dismissive in a way that I only see with scum.[/quote][/quote][/spoiler]
Penguin has seemed scummy pretty much the whole game. I don't think he's ever breached null with me, and I do seriously question why people would think he's town. He's so incredibly opportunistic, and he only seems to pick very safe targets to go after.  

With Shadow, it's more complicated. He's said a couple things here and there that have pinged me. For example, rereading the fake-claim situation over N2. These posts weren't far apart, but I find that there's a lot wrong with them. [quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8453915#p8453915]post 2085[/url], Shadow_step"]I want to lock LUV into a claim, I think he is also scum.[/quote] If his intent to hammer was designed to lock LUV into a claim, why would he immediately believe it? 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8454263#p8454263]post 2092[/url], Shadow_step"]Brilliant, all the lynch baits got all the good PRs :/[/quote] If our most easily mislynched players were in a position to be conf. town, that's an enormous stroke of good luck. This comment reads to me like one of frustration, which makes me question whether it's a scum slip.

His big picture too, has struck me as possibly anti-town. Meaning, he's not made an ounce of positive contribution, in the long run. 

Then there's Grendel's argument, which made a lot of sense. I get the impression that not everyone took the time to read it. So here it is again:
[spoiler=][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8473874#p8473874]post 2378[/url], Grendel"]The connection of the second Ascetic being a role blocker:

1) I hate to admit it, but Zoronos is right about scum being way to confidant to go after Gamma without a means to negate his power.  

2) If there were two roles capable of negating night actions, the mod would have to decide which gets priority; giving the scum rb an aesthetic modifier solves this issue. 

3) With Shadow being an ascetic it makes more sense for him to be a role blocker because his modifier with allow him to bypass Zoronos's blocking ablities. 

4) All things considered from a set up perspective, town and mafia having one ascetic makes more sense than town getting [i]two ascetics[/i], while scum[i] also gets something to counter town protectives[/i]. Unless we have another 3+ town power, (lol), then this isn't an incredibility anti-town set up.

I won’t remove a strong man from the table, but given that Shadow is arguing that instead of a role blocker is giving me bad vibes.  Especially now that I have had this realization regarding Shadow.

I guess I should address the elephant in the room first. The reason why everybody has a mutual town read on Shadow: his counter claim. Heck, even I thought it was a pretty town motivated thing to do, cc another unlikely role in the only makes sense. The thing is though that I have witnessed enough games to recognizing risky D1 scum gambits. They go hard and long D1, until everybody is convinced that there is no way the slot could be scum. Then once cleared by the other players they lurk until the late game. Compare this to shadow’s activity this game. 166 posts D1. 35 posts  D2. 15 posts so far today. He becomes significantly less aggressive with his pushes going into the second day, and many of his opinions are not memorable. As in looking over his iso, I’m seeing things I never really noticed before.

Some things I noticed going through his isolated posts:
[spoiler=][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8388083#p8388083]post 9[/url], Shadow_step"][vote]LUV[/vote]

This is a scum PR we need to get riD of ASAP.[/quote]
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8390161#p8390161]post 166[/url], Shadow_step"]Looks like LUV has been advised to play dumb and play newb like.
Needs death.[/quote]
-Shadow had started out D1 with a vote on LUV, and then proceeds to distance him until he comes to the conclusion that LUV null. Looks like scum pretending to sort scum.  
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8397153#p8397153]post 400[/url], Shadow_step"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8397141#p8397141]post 398[/url], MariaR"]N30 has been obv town since the start of this.

The fact gamma isn't obv town when I've obv town read him before is worrying 

the LUV townreads make me laugh.

I'm gonna look more into a few players that don't need names but with the amount of people I am slowly going like "you can be town" these players are....[/quote]

If penguin is scum, LUV is town.
I do agree on that town reading LUV is kinda dumb.[/quote]
- Its common for scum to link their buddies to other players in mutally exclusive relationships. Though I find the order a bit weird. 

-With the usage of the scum pt it is not unreasonable that Shadow could have plotted out his counter claim in advance. I believe he is of the ability to organize this as scum. Town reading him for it would be folly. 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8403760#p8403760]post 753[/url], Shadow_step"]I'm not lynching anyone but eager today. 
If there are two ascetics. This game is bastard.

So I'd rather believe eager is scum than this game is bastard.[/quote]
- Shadow step calling the game bastard seems like a redirect to get town to blame to mod’s set up choices instead of Shadow once Eager flips scum. It also gives him an excuse to spend the whole day tunneling Eager, and be justified by the outcome regardless what Eager flips. He do say this as town, but it'd be an awfully convenit stance to take as scum sense he can look like aggressive town while not actually being aggressive towards other players. So he gets no back lash for statements like this.  

[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8410849#p8410849]post 1344[/url], Shadow_step"]Hmm I got my facts wrong. Eggman and eager were both useless I thought eager got lynched for the cult win.[/quote]

-  Scum slip. A low expections of Eager. As scum Shadow would view him as an easy mislynch. Suggests that Shadow would have been more confidence pushing a cc on Eager then somebody else. 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8425446#p8425446]post 1579[/url], Shadow_step"] 
If he thinks I'm scum, I would obviously not consider Eager to be town. Why the hell would I? He then says that Eager could be lying town. Implying he knows eager I town. Lying as town is very risky. Not just in that game. But you can get blacklisted.
LUV treats me as if I am town here.

To be noted[/quote]

-  Shadeow’s read of LUV bounces throughout D1, but ultimately it appears that LUV is a null read for him given how Shadow keeps a suspicion on him without acting on it. It isn’t until this point that he seems legitimately interested in lynching LUV… until he moves over to Gamma. 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8454263#p8454263]post 2092[/url], Shadow_step"]Brilliant, all the lynch baits got all the good PRs :/

[v]Nn[/v][/quote]
- 2092 Immediately buys that LUV is doctor. I think this could be a last second reprieve to see if LUV can live another day or two. 
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8454298#p8454298]post 2099[/url], Shadow_step"]Someone needs to unvote before luv self hammers.[/quote]
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8454318#p8454318]post 2102[/url], Shadow_step"]He will hammer cause he is scum.
Probably going bonkers in his at.[/quote]
- 2099 & 2102 This reads like damage control. Trying to back away from LUV as fast as he can. 

- Shadow spends a lot of time on set up speculation D2…
[quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8466835#p8466835]post 2209[/url], Shadow_step"][quote="In [url=http://www.mafiascum.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=8460881#p8460881]post 2201[/url], podoboq"][area][b]Lil Uzi Vert[/b], [color=#FF0000]Mafia Goon[/color], was lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Please PM all night actions to me by the deadline, or bold them in your associated private thread.

[b]Deadline[/b]: [countdown]2016-10-29 08:44:00 -4.00[/countdown][/area][/quote]

Only if bastars mod hadn't put 2 town ascetics, had this scum fuck day 1.[/quote]

- Takes credit for the lynch of somebody he only kept as a scum lean and only pushed whenever Shadow thought LUV said something particularly bad. Usually something directed at Shadow too. Also Shadow is once again painting the mod as the scape goat. Maybe it's just me, but shadow has been evading the responsibility for his actions this game, starting with his fake 1-L vote on Pengiun back in Day 1.

Seeing how the most town thing I had to say about Shadow going into today was his behavior D1 tells me that he has been keeping a low profile since Eager flipped. Also nobody pointing out some of these things means that everybody has written off Shadow as town. Which imo is a big mistake that I too was a part of yesterday. The entire purpose of a powerful D1 scum gambit is to rack up enough town cred to slide into the endgame. This is exactly what Shadow is doing.

You know, I had originally thought that Shadow step was an investigative role given his jump on Gamma at the start of D2 along the lines of “Oh yeah, this is scum btw”. I thought that he was softing a guilty, the same way he did at the start of D1 where he remarked how easy the game will be after Eager’s claim. There was also how much attention Shadow gives Maria D1, and her general feelings were that Gamma wasn’t Ob!town like she was expecting him to be. More reasoning I had down in my notes is that two regular townies modified with straight aesthetics modifiers and nothing else, would be really anti town. So I thought that Shadow should be a cop or some such.[/quote][/spoiler]
My primary reservations on the Shadow case are, first, if he's scum, he's played one hell of a risky game. Second, I'm prone to serious paranoia sometimes, so I have to question whether I've read too much into these details. 

Yes, Shadow, I think it possible for the scum team to be LUV-Penguin-Shadow.[/quote]

Grendel's case holds zero water, he's assuming crazy things like LUV. Who was arguing that I was some gambiting scum who CCed eager to take the pressure of PP and boring. That argument in itself was dumb because I was the one who was pushing the PP wagon quite a bit.
Its the same here, using crazy theories to justify his push on me when simple Occam's razor can dictate that isn't the case.
He also refuses to address why I'm playing sub optimally if I am ascetic RB.

How does believing a claim make me scum? what is your argument here? I don't get it at all.[/quote]
Uhh wrong quote I guess ^^

@[b]Mod can you fix #2579, please?[/b]
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #20) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:59 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 161, Prism wrote:Oh god a deputy too.

Why, Podoboq, why?
Fun post from the mafia PT. They're not exactly optimistic right now.

I tried to get a little more scum power in this game, buddy. My reviewers turned me down.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #21) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 7:23 am

Post by podoboq »

Fun fact, PenguinPower is targeting nn30 again. This will be the third time he's been investigated this game.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #22) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:18 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 48, Grendel wrote:@podoboq

Give me your honest opinion. Did my play this game suck from your PoV?
Unlike a lot of mods, I don't heavily read the games as they're happening. I mostly watch scum and power roles' play, just because I find it more interesting.

My opinion on your town play at this point wouldn't be as valuable as any of the other players' opinions.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #23) » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:46 am

Post by podoboq »

Boring
PenguinPower

Zoronos
jails
nn30
(no effect)
Boring
checks
Dierfire
and receives the result

PenguinPower
checks
nn30
and receives the result
"Your target is a member of the town,"
but it doesn't matter because he's dead.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #63 (isolation #24) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 2:38 am

Post by podoboq »

Blackvoid PMed me during Day One to let me know he was interested in replacing in at some point. I sent him a PM. If he doesn't respond, I'll post in the replacement thread later today.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #64 (isolation #25) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:21 am

Post by podoboq »

11th hour MVP for town.
In post 2899, BlackVoid wrote:As far as reads go, I spent most of the time I was spectating from D1 onwards thinking that Boring, Prism, and LUV were the scumteam because I was townreading everyone else. I was really sad to see Eagersnake lynched because despite being cc'd, he was really, really obvtown. Implosion was too and the cop investigation on him wasn't the best idea in my opinion.

While it's
technically
possible Zoronos is scum, I don't think his play around LUV looked like he was cc'ing a partner. For one, he did it way too quick instead of checking to see if town cc's him first. I don't find him scummy either way so I'll safely eliminate him from suspicion along with Implosion. That leaves me with four players: Boring, Prism, nn30, and Dierfire.

Boring is the one I'm most confident is scum. D1 play had a lot of scum motivation, and I found some of her posts to be really manipulative. The nightkill only cemented that. In hindsight, the fact that four confirmed townies were voting her is another mark against her. Frankly, I'm surprised she it made this far when she should have been lynched D1 over Eagersnake. But everyone's finally coalesced on a scumread of her so better late than never I guess. By the way, her attack on my predecessor today was really bad too. Despite being so wrong early on, it was SO obvious that Shadow_Step was town based on how he cc'd Eagersnake.

I was scumreading Prism all the way up until he said he was going to replace out. I don't think scum would ever do that out of frustration from being caught. It's just poor sportsmanship especially if Shadow had called the scumteam. I get that this may be a controversial reason to have a read but Prism's almost replacing out pretty much confirms him as town for me. But I'm making a note to ISO him just to be sure.

So, I'm fairly confident boring's partner is between Dierfire and nn30. Knowing I was wrong about Prism, one of my townreads on either Dierfire or nn30 is also wrong. It seems the consensus is that Dierfire is boring's partner but I think I want to read both their ISOs to see if I feel the same way as the others.

In the meantime, @Implosion, if you could explain to me why nn30 is town (or just link me to posts if you've done this already), that would be fantastic. I was actually leaning the opposite way (nn30 being scummier than Dierfire) but that's from memory and I need to re-read. Either way, I want to go with Boring first since that's who I think will definitely flip scum, and then worry about who her partner is tomorrow.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #26) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:11 am

Post by podoboq »

You guys are life savers <3

I was gonna double check before the flip anyway, but PMs helped me unlock earlier than I would have.

Shadow_step, we'll talk when I'm free later.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #27) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:07 am

Post by podoboq »

Prism legit wanted to replace because he was so mad at Shadow_step. It wasn't a gambit, unless he is just obscenely overacting in the scum thread. I would have given him an earful myself if I thought he was gambiting, and might have force replaced him on principal.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #97 (isolation #28) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:08 am

Post by podoboq »

Also, boring is being as smooth as possible about that vote. They were intentionally looking for a place to self hammer where I was likely to be online to lock the thread before Zoronos could respond.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #100 (isolation #29) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:37 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 99, Shadow_step wrote:nn still can't figure out that boring wanted to self hammer to prevent discussion.

:facepalm:

I hate newbs
^^^^ This would be an accurate summation of why I think Prism was frustrated. You're not exactly trying to be affable. That said, I shouldn't speak for him. Feel free to question him after the scum PT is open post game
Last edited by podoboq on Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #30) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 101, Shadow_step wrote:The site explicitly States that mild abuse is allowed. If someone is that thin skinned they can fuck off literally.

Another thing is all I care about when I'm playing is winning so shit like that happens.

Don't take my abuse seriously, I only use it to vent my frustration and it works great. Scientifically proven.
I'm finally at home, at my desk, and can delve into this.

You're right that the site rules are explicit that being an insulting prick is totally allowed. It's how this game works. You never broke that rule, and you never went over a line where I would have even considered having you removed. I was legitimately disappointed that you replaced out, because you were not doing anything unacceptable in the context of the game, and I would have been happy to see you remain in until the end. That said, the way you played is not good.

The way you played this game (whether or not it's indicative of who you are in-person) was overwhelmingly arrogant and condescending. It made town not to work with you, even when all signs showed that you were town. Your reads were often on point, but nobody trusted them, because your interpersonal skills in this game were kinda trash. Reading people is only half of the town game. Getting people to trust and respect you is the other half, and that's not just all about being able to towntell. Part of that is being likable.

More than that, it made people enjoy the game less. It's not gonna ruin somebody's day if you were a dick to them on mafiascum, but over a long enough period of time, maybe they decide the game's not fun any more, and they want to replace out because it's just not worth it. This game is supposed to be fun, and when you're an asshole to people, it becomes less fun. Do you not see that?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #31) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:30 am

Post by podoboq »

Also, you called the game bastard WAY too many times, when it absolutely isn't. Other players aren't going to respond to that with "Shadow_step seems like a reasonable fella." You were wrong about the setup, you were wrong about Eager, and you were wrong about the people who trusted Eager. I believe a little humility along those lines would have gone a LONG way to other players respecting your opinions more.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #32) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:32 am

Post by podoboq »

Rant over for now. I've been sitting on it for a while. Shadow_step, I like you, and I liked watching you play the game. It was frustrating at times, but I think players like you give the game more variance, and I think mafia is better for it. Not respecting the full ramifications of your play, though, is irresponsible and short sighted.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #33) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:49 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 114, Shadow_step wrote:Podo can you tell me who reviewed your setup ?
Antihero, fferyllt, & Cephrir.

Obviously, please don't bother them with anything about this game until it's over and the setup thread is made public.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #34) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:25 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 3002, nn30 wrote:Wowy zowy!
This is gonna sting post flip.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #35) » Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:33 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 145, boring wrote:
@podoboq, are we allowed to PM dead players about this game now? or does everything have to go here?
I'd rather keep it all here until the game ends. If you have anything private you'd like to discuss, feel free to send me a PM and I can get to it when I'm able.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #168 (isolation #36) » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:42 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 166, Shadow_step wrote:Nothing to be proud of, nothing you did caused that. It was only because most people thought that you'd be crazy as scum to gambit like that.
Most people, but not you, who was too stubborn to accept that two players could have the same role and both be town.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #37) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 1:57 am

Post by podoboq »

Prism
Zoronos

Zoronos
jails
Dierfire
(no effect)
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #189 (isolation #38) » Sat Nov 19, 2016 6:29 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 182, boring wrote:Town's ascetics were a negative for me too, as they'd return "not vanilla".
They would return "no result," actually.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #39) » Mon Nov 21, 2016 2:43 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 191, Shadow_step wrote:What was with that nn post Podo?
Can't go into detail yet, unfortunately. Nothing serious, though.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #202 (isolation #40) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:32 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 201, Shadow_step wrote:Pathetic activity excuses going on since day 3. Replace the fuck out Prism.
...no?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #205 (isolation #41) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:11 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 203, Shadow_step wrote:Podo you need to update the VC, put BV instead of me in it.
Ha, whoops.
In post 204, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 202, podoboq wrote:...no?
He has been.
That "no" is aimed at force replacing him despite him clearly following all of the activity guidelines, especially when it's a real tactic as scum and if he wins because of it then town clearly deserves to lose.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (isolation #42) » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:39 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 206, Shadow_step wrote:No, I didn't ask you to force replace him. I meant he should have replaced out if he was and is so busy.
Got it. That's significantly more reasonable.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #240 (isolation #43) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:05 am

Post by podoboq »

From the Mafia PT:
In post 232, Prism wrote:
Kill: Implosion

I was half tempted to kill nn instead but naw
We've got another 41.5 hours of waiting, but here's the one remaining night action straight from the horse's mouth.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #251 (isolation #44) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:51 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 249, Grendel wrote:HOW CAN IMPLOSEN MAKE A POST LIKE THIS THEN ACTIVELY WORK AGIANST IT BY VOTING THE PERSON THAT _THIS_ POST SHOULD HAVE CLEARED???
You can ask him tomorrow.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #258 (isolation #45) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:33 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 256, Shadow_step wrote:Let's threaten to get replaced to get town read and make the other guy replace out by say BS about another player because he was the only one scum reading you.
I've said this before, but apparently I need to say it again.

Prism legit wanted to replace. He wanted to replace out because the game stopped being fun. The game stopped being fun because you were an insufferable asshole, and he knew that he couldn't waste the nightkill on you because you were useless to the town.

You replaced out because you couldn't handle that town wouldn't cooperate with you. Town wouldn't cooperate with you because you were a hostile jerk, and you proved your lack of value when it came to evaluating the game by calling two ascetics bastard all of day one and day two, as well as just being generally uncooperative and dickish toward people in the game.

Can you at least
TRY
to learn a little humility here? Like, any at all?

So yeah, #teamprism.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #259 (isolation #46) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:34 pm

Post by podoboq »

Also, yeah, if Prism was fake replacing as a gambit, I'd postgame modkill him, or whatever punitive action I would be allowed to take. It's gaming the system, and it's unfair.

He wasn't seeking to game the system, though. He wanted to leave, and for completely understandable reasons. People shouldn't be forced to play games that other players make insufferable.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #261 (isolation #47) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 260, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 259, podoboq wrote:Also, yeah, if Prism was fake replacing as a gambit, I'd postgame modkill him, or whatever punitive action I would be allowed to take. It's gaming the system, and it's unfair.

He wasn't seeking to game the system, though. He wanted to leave, and for completely understandable reasons. People shouldn't be forced to play games that other players make insufferable.
So he said to you. Doesn't make it the truth.

Replacements for reasons other than real life situations are crap, IMO.
So he said to the entire Mafia PT, and as somebody who's been following along, and who was also infuriated at points, it read it as entirely genuine.
Last edited by podoboq on Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #263 (isolation #48) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:40 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 262, PenguinPower wrote:K. Doesn't invalidate point 2.
Mafia's supposed to be fun. The second it stops being fun, I understand replacing out.

If you get bored by games easily, you shouldn't join them in the first place, but if you find yourself in the middle of one without the attention span to do it justice, replace.
If you get annoyed by other players easily, learn to cope with it, or stop playing. He learned to cope with it, and had a very small and very fast outburst. Seems fine to me.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #267 (isolation #49) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:44 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 264, Gamma Emerald wrote:If you have to post game modkill Prism the town should have this counted as a win, since he was the last scum.
I don't need to, because he committed absolutely no offense. If town loses the game because they thought the replace request was alignment indicative, they deserve to lose.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #268 (isolation #50) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 265, PenguinPower wrote:...that impacted the reads of players in the game.
Everything you do impacts the reads of players in the game, and everything you do in this game stems from emotion. The problem with a hypothetical replace-gambit is that if I begin responding to it, the gamestate becomes irreparable. He rescinded it in the middle of the night, thirty minutes after making it. If I had started replacing him, he'd be gone, but I didn't see it until several hours later, so no damage was caused. Again, if town is going to use that as some way to read his alignment, that's on them.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #271 (isolation #51) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 3:53 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 269, MariaR wrote:It's one of those things were I would just keep my mouth shut I don't think he had any ill intent it just really sucks
I agree. I think it was irresponsible. I don't believe, however, that it was damaging to the game state in any meaningful way. It just had the potential to be.
In post 270, PenguinPower wrote:I wasn't, and I'm not, suggesting that you should have/should do anything. And, as I said above, if town loses, we deserve to.

My comment(s) are entirely about, and to, Prism.
That's fair. I'll let him speak for himself when the game is over. I think it's fair to take offense to his replace request, but I wanted to set the record straight that it was not a gambit, and that if it were, I would not have simply allowed it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #273 (isolation #52) » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 272, boring wrote:@Shadow - No, as podoboq already stated, that was genuine. He asked for a sub out in the mafia thread too. I figured you would be forcibly replaced, if you kept it up much longer. This is a game. We play for the fun and the challenge of it. Dealing with someone so erratic, aggressive, and petulant isn't anyone's idea of "fun" (regardless of alignment).

It all worked out for town, though. I don't think you would have pulled off my lynch. Black Void got the job done neatly.

P-edit! Wow, ninja'd hard.
Force replacing Shadow_step was never on the table. He never broke any of the site rules, no matter how hardheaded he was.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (isolation #53) » Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:35 am

Post by podoboq »

Looking good for Prism. Even if he doesn't convince BlackVoid, I'm pretty sure he's got nn30, and that's all he needs.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #336 (isolation #54) » Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by podoboq »

I agree. I can't replace them, because we're a week from the game ending. It's basically set in stone, but they just refuse to either participate or end it.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #337 (isolation #55) » Tue Dec 06, 2016 5:26 am

Post by podoboq »

Nobody's talking to eachother. This is unbelievable.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #352 (isolation #56) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:44 am

Post by podoboq »

This game is currently proving that with the right town, scum can win by doing nothing.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #356 (isolation #57) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:15 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 353, implosion wrote:Did that really need proving? Doing nothing is one of the most successful scum strategies in history.
I mean the extent to which he's doing nothing. It's LYLO, and Prism is basically just prod dodging right now, and nobody cares, because they're just prod dodging too.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #359 (isolation #58) » Wed Dec 07, 2016 10:27 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 358, boring wrote:Wait.. Is nn30 a chick?
No. What makes you think that? His use of the word "hun?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #370 (isolation #59) » Fri Dec 09, 2016 6:58 am

Post by podoboq »

It's like the forum equivalent of standing cross-armed, tapping your foot, and then checking your watch. These three have FOUR days to actually do something, and I feel like it's not going to happen.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #381 (isolation #60) » Sun Dec 11, 2016 7:20 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 380, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 1543, Shadow_step wrote:That's a weird kill.
Definitely made to frame boring.

VOTE: Implosion

This is scum
@Shadow_step
<3
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (isolation #61) » Mon Dec 12, 2016 12:19 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 3314, podoboq wrote:
I am open to offering an extension of 60 hours, however all players must agree to the extension. If you would like to extend the deadline by 60 hours, please
PRIVATE MESSAGE
me to let me know that. If any player is against, I will not extend the deadline. Seeing as how we are close to deadline as is, I will need feedback soon. If I do not receive an answer from everybody within the next seven hours (36 hours to deadline), I will assume that you are against the extension, and I will not offer it. Respectfully, I ask that you not discuss this any further in the game thread.
I expect that a number of you will be against this.

The three of them seem to want an extension, and my job as the moderator is not to punish them for squandering the time they were given. It is to make a fair, and fun game. If the three of them agree that they would like an extension, then it behooves me as a moderator to provide that for them.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (isolation #62) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 1:32 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 422, Shadow_step wrote:It's so damn annoying how Prism keeps talking shit about me in the thread. "Never voted scum, was on town wagons."
If this bothers you, you should probably stop playing mafia.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #443 (isolation #63) » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 442, nn30 wrote:
In post 440, Shadow_step wrote:When I initially read it I thought nn had hidden an unvote in one of the spoilers. Not sure if that is allowed or not.
Is this allowed?
No. It isn't.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”