Application of WOTC

This forum is for discussion related to the game.
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:03 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

They can be punished if they really deserve getting punished by site moderation system

Its acceptable to have blacklists and don't want some people in your game but they have a personality. To just cry about your problems with them to the mod has no good manner. You may talk about a plan for not joining the same games you are in or how to get along and talk about the things you think are not nice about them in most of the cases.
Hydra of Frozen Angel and Shiro
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:05 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

Frozen angel head wrote the above though

I do agree that in some cases, there are conflicts which need a judgement call from the mod (WOTM). but I don't really like WOTC as I believe its 10 years old diplomacy to out the person you don't like.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:07 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

But then I beleive so many people in MS already approve WOTC so I surrender.

I do believe it must be applied publicly so others may talk about it , if the wotc'ed person want to express their opinion or to defend against the accusations and to be generally fair.

Judging is hard. Judging anonymous accusations/conflicts is not just fair.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:10 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 6, Aristophanes wrote:So as much as this is a great ideal, it's not always achievable.
It is achievable if mods ask them to explain the reasoning and transfer that opinion to the accused, and ask the accused to answer the accuser and defend themselves or to just avoid him.

voting to throw someone out of a game is just so kiddish. Its exactly what children do. like 100% :P
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #4) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:11 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 8, Aristophanes wrote:
In post 1117, KuroiXHF wrote:Perhaps a good model would be a private PM to the [to-be] mod. The mod announces to the players that there is one, why there is one and invites people to PM to add their name in to the hat if they wish.
I think this is a great model to follow.

It should become the standard.
nah I disagree

It must be public at least. Its just to lame to remove someone's access to a game without telling them why. Its rude.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #15 (isolation #5) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:17 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 13, Aristophanes wrote:But to ask the mod to play the middle man in an argument that probably won't get worked out and in which they have no real stake isn't right either. At that point the mod is likely to just kick both players out.
If I ever face such conflicts I will kick both players out until they resolve that with themselves and only one of them in for the game.

I am no judge , nor a middleman as a moderator and I'm not their mother. They need to resolve this between themselves.

I never saw a WOTC happening privately (without mod announcing publickly its happening) to go through. Like 3 people send mod WOTC request about outing the same person without contacting each other or being notified about each other's request. If you have an example for that I like to see it.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #6) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:18 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 14, Aristophanes wrote:In this model it is made public if the Mod feels it a necessary thing to enforce, so the players can decide and the WOTC'd knows it's happening.
The people who are voting yes to out someone must be known. Its lame to vote for WOTC'ing someone without telling them. Its not ok with any standards.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #55 (isolation #7) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 10:49 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 53, Shadoweh wrote:And again, there is no reason to be entitled to know who raised an issue with another player. There is no trial, this isn't a court of law, mods get to handle games effectively how they want to.
:up:
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #8) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:39 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

stop bringing up that example for this? Yume is a sitewide game flaker atm and eventhough she is my friend I won't support her game ruiner attidue in any manner and - not wotc wise - I even think a sirious ban on her is discussabel at this point.

I like her but she is just breaking the promises she made to me and others repeatedly.

I am talking about WOTC in general.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai
Rylai and Lina
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Rylai and Lina
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #70 (isolation #9) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Rylai and Lina »

In post 68, Shadoweh wrote:I mean, some people just came here to play a game, man and aren't even going to see drama in Discussion threads.
This is no drama. This is just a place to discuss whats wrong and right about WOTC atm and everyone is just telling their point of view.
Shiro=Lina
Frozen Angel=Rylai

Return to “Mafia Discussion”