Mini Normal #1838 - Game Over

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2104  (isolation #200)  » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:08 pm

Yes obviously ^^
Unvote him !!!!
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2138  (isolation #201)  » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:59 pm

In post 2135, implosion wrote:Doc+cop+jk is by no means impossible. The "slots" thing Zoronos mentioned is sort of a half-truth in today's meta I'd say (it tends to be true most of the time but isn't entirely followed). Doc+jk is probably something that's occurred in minis but i cbf to look atm.

That said luv's claim is pretty suspicious in its own right (claiming doc when we already have a cop and having both a full cop and a full doc has died out pretty significantly over time on site meta). Looks generally more likely to be scum trying to draw a counterclaim as they go down than town. I see two options that I'd consider:

-lynch LUV,
-lynch an unclaimed. In this case we'd see who dies, massclaim tomorrow, and wing it from there. If we wind up getting no other power role claims it'd be reasonably likely that all three are telling the truth (at least, if scum have any power at all).


Basically the mod likes to fuck with the players.
Anyway from what I remember DF wasn't LUV's strongest town read so the his doc target is itself suspect.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2206  (isolation #202)  » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:41 pm

VOTE: non
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2207  (isolation #203)  » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:41 pm

Stupid spell check

VOTE: nn30
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2209  (isolation #204)  » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:48 pm

In post 2201, podoboq wrote:
Lil Uzi Vert, Mafia Goon, was lynched Day 2.

It is now Night 2. Please PM all night actions to me by the deadline, or bold them in your associated private thread.

Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-29 08:44:00)


Only if bastars mod hadn't put 2 town ascetics, had this scum fuck day 1.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2211  (isolation #205)  » Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:57 pm

In post 522, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I actually have some reads but before we get to that I'd like to just say that there's been a lot of talk about my play style mainly from Gamma and Grendal and I'd just like to say that I wasn't in the best place mentally during that game. I honestly had checked out way before I got ran up. Truth is, I don't know what's wrong with the way I play because I've never gotten mislynched before until I've played on here and even then, and so far, I haven't had my play read as lynch bait except the games I've been with you two.


Town: Diefire, Grendal, nn30, Zoro
Null: boring, Eager, Gamma, Maria, Prism
Scum - Penguin, Shadow



boring - While she does ask questions, she doesn't seem like she is actively trying to solve the game and her votes all seem like a stretch or too convenient. I don't know how to put my feelings about her into the words but I can't shake this vibe from her. I think it's mainly her vote on Zoro, which read more to me as nitpicking about inconsistencies rather than looking for scum.

Diefire - I liked every single one of his observations he's made so far and agree with almost all of them except the likelihood of Gamma and PP being a team. I'm not saying it's not a possibility, I just don't try to look for teams early on in the game and I like to focus on one person at a time once I feel 90% sure they're scum.

Eager - He's been very quiet ever since the claim and all he's been doing is throwing out town reads at awkward times without explaining them. He also seems to really have it out for boring for what I assume to be from things he's heard through the grapevine or their previous games together. For now, I'm not seeing what makes him so widely town read but he also hasn't done anything particularly scummy, just odd.

Gamma - Gamma strikes me as a good dude who's very eager to play mafia and seems to enjoy the game a ton. But, his defense or his use of meta in regards to my play has honestly gotten him into a bind here to the point where I wished he hadn't done it. He doesn't seem to have any bad intentions whenever I read the tone of his posts but I can't argue against the cases presented against him but for now, my gut says he isn't scum.

Grendal - Outside of the RQS, I've liked a lot of the questions he's asks and I think he's trying his hardest to understand the thoughts and motives behind what everyone is saying and doing. His fixation with Gamma is a little weird, but I understand that they're friends and feeling confident that you aren't being doped by a friend can definitely help go a long way into building that town block Snake was talking about.

Implosion - I'm still waiting for him to give his thoughts on me but for now I'm not sure what to think of him because while he's been the only player to have voted for me without mentioning why, I've really liked how he's defended himself and presenting his cases.

Maria - Very hard to read to me but that's mainly because I feel we play similar.

nn30 - Is actively poking and scum hunting. I like this guy a lot

Penguin - As I've stated earlier, I am pretty wary of Penguin, especially after how hypocritical he's been about Grendal's RQS. He harps on contributions but I don't see much from him other than relentless attacking for things that are very NAI such as those RQS and inactivity. Like his posts don't make me feel like I should be breaking my neck for this game.

Prism - Just subbed in. Nothing to go off of.

Shadow - Like Penguin, I don't get the sense that he's really contributing, he's very quick to just jump on things and doesn't really have sound reasoning for jumping on said things. At first I thought he was just a VI, but he keeps saying that this game is easy or it's almost solved, which baffles me and makes me uneasy.

Zoro - Outside of his strong dislike for RQS, I get a strong town vibe from him because he truly seems to believe what he stands for and what he's saying. I truly think he's only being scum read because his play is not seen as someone who has to adjust to the way the site plays now.


equal distribution of scum buddies makes more sense than not.
In the town tier I'm still confident about my DF, Grendel town reads. Zoro is town. That leaves nn30.
Null tier, gamma, maria, eager all flipped town. Boring is most likely town.
I am obviously town.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2212  (isolation #206)  » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:00 pm

Not sure why implosion was left out of that list.
Anyway [prism, nn30] is probably the scum team with an outside chance of Grendel.
PP is just weird.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2294  (isolation #207)  » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:51 am

I've been giving boring a free pass so far because people seemed to be a soft target and people voting her because of her previous games as scum.
When I attacked LUV on day 1, boring had a "problem" with it.
I think one of [boring, prism] has to be scum because of LUV's readlist.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2303  (isolation #208)  » Tue Nov 01, 2016 1:23 pm

In post 2284, implosion wrote:Gaaah. I meant to post today and then got distracted.

I'll iso LUV tomorrow and figure out what I think of his connections; I think nn's play today so far reads gut town and am not sure about Grendel but will have more tomorrow.

We also need to think about when we're going to massclaim. If anything, the death of the cop over the jailkeeper lends credence to scum not having a roleblocker; if they did they could kill the jk and block the cop indefinitely, which is safer than the alternative of leaving the jk alive and possibly getting roleblocked at 1 scum left.


QFT
Part about scum not having an RB
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2342  (isolation #209)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:38 am

I forgot why I had Penguin as town when I read the LUV iso at night.
PP was the player he went all out attack on him and he was the Counter wagon to LUV on day 1. Both their interactions don't strike me as SvS. So definitely not in favor of lynching PP.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2343  (isolation #210)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:44 am

In post 2295, nn30 wrote:
In post 2294, Shadow_step wrote:I've been giving boring a free pass so far because people seemed to be a soft target and people voting her because of her previous games as scum.
When I attacked LUV on day 1, boring had a "problem" with it.
I think one of [boring, prism] has to be scum because of LUV's readlist.


I think you're reading way too much into LUV's read list.


Seriously?

Do you disagree with my statement that he is more than likely to have put his buddies on different tiers rather than all of them on a single tier?

Consider this

In post 522, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Town: Diefire, Grendal, nn30, Zoro
Null: boring, Eager, Gamma, Maria, Prism
Scum - Penguin, Shadow


This is from my POV ofc, where do you think he places his buddies? Do you think it's 2/3 of the town tier? That would mean DF and Grendel are scum, cause you won't admit to being scum obviously lol.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2344  (isolation #211)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:47 am

Implosion is town so that is out of the equation.

So one of [Diefire, Grendal, nn30]
and one of [boring, Prism]

I will ISO Prism and LUV together, I haven't looked at it and I don't get the Prism town reads atm.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2349  (isolation #212)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:03 am

Scum either had a 1 shot RB and used it night 1 or have a odd night RB or don't have an RB at all.
Apart from what Implosion has already said, Zoro is a better day player than GE so Rbing Zoro while killing GE instead of doing vice versa makes no sense.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2351  (isolation #213)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:06 am

In post 0, podoboq wrote:The mafia team has day and night chat, and can use multiple abilities per night.


We have a flipped goon, so the other two are likely to be Mafia PRs?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2353  (isolation #214)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:25 am

In post 2344, Shadow_step wrote:So one of [Diefire, Grendal, nn30]
and one of [boring, Prism]


I want everyone's opinion on this, out of these 5 would have made the kill last night and why?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2358  (isolation #215)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:31 am

Grendel could also be strongman.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2362  (isolation #216)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:48 am

In post 2359, nn30 wrote:Grendel could also be ascetic.

Apparently we have 2 town ascetic's. Why not a mafia ascetic?


A mafia ascetic can't kill a player protected by the JK. Strongman seems a decent counter to that.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2381  (isolation #217)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:12 pm

Grendel's case is amusing.
I didn't push LUV after a certain amount of time because of how confident I was about eager flipping scum. The way LUV reacted to it and I've already mentioned this I believe that if he was eager's buddy he would buss the fuck out of him for towncred.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2385  (isolation #218)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:22 pm

It's nice how Grendel wants to lynch me out of setup spec when he himself condemns me for it.
If I was maf RB I wouldn't kill GE I could just keep blocking him and kitll Zoro.
Killing GE gives town a confirmed town aka Implosion. Why am I making it harder for myself :roll:
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2386  (isolation #219)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:25 pm

In post 2383, Dierfire wrote:@Shadow_step
Are you done looking at Prism and Lil Uzi Vert? Did you look at my reasons for reading Prism as Town ()?


I will look at it when I'm on PC.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2392  (isolation #220)  » Wed Nov 02, 2016 11:50 pm

I need to quote properly for that, I'm not dodging questions. I'll do it when I'm on PC.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2397  (isolation #221)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:53 am

Spoiler: Why I think PP and LUV are not buddies
In post 320, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 318, Gamma Emerald wrote:So what are you more concerned with: the contradiction or my actions?


Why can't I be concerned with all of it? Still...waiting for LUV to do...something.

In post 240, PenguinPower wrote:Ok. That makes sense. Thanks.

But, I'm scum reading LUV for his lack of answers to the RQS AND his lack of contribution since. So...yeah...not the same.

In post 157, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 154, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:How may I be of service?


Do something...

In post 149, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 148, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because I wanted them to know I had a reason for voting that's actually game-based.


So, in your mind, we're still in RVS - since you had to clarify that you were serious- but a potentially random vote on LUV is scummy because a flashwagon is potentially developing?

I guess I'm not really seeing that. Also, I have no problem running LUV up to L-1.

VOTE: LUV


Esp the part where PP keeps telling him to do something, I think if he was scum he'd just tell that to him in their QT.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2398  (isolation #222)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 8:54 am

In post 2354, nn30 wrote:2) Other than myself (since you're obviously already voting for me) who is scummiest among [Grendel, Dierfire, Zoronos]?


Grendel
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2400  (isolation #223)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:13 am

Spoiler: This is the point where LUV is on 3 votes and there is a wagon developing on him
In post 165, podoboq wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.04
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

Lil Uzi Vert (3): Shadow_step, implosion, PenguinPower
Grendel (2): boring, MariaR
boring (1): eagerSnake
MariaR (1): Lil Uzi Vert
Zoronos (1): DierFire
nn30 (1): nn30
implosion (1): Gamma Emerald

Not Voting (3): Grendel, Zoronos, Slandaar


Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)


Cutting to the chase

Maria votes zoro
Spoiler:
In post 179, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Zoronos

Best vote atm I haven't liked any of his posts to put it in a simple answer.


Boring votes Zoro immediately
Spoiler:
In post 188, boring wrote:
In post 179, MariaR wrote:VOTE: Zoronos

Best vote atm I haven't liked any of his posts to put it in a simple answer.


This is a train that I can ride for a while. Have you ever worn a jacket so small that you can't button it up or move your arms properly? That's what he brings to mind.

VOTE: Zoronos


Scum like to create counterwagons when their buddy is being wagoned, we know Maria is town.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2401  (isolation #224)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:14 am

In post 2399, PenguinPower wrote:VOTE: boring

L-1


:facepalm:

We have 11 days
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2403  (isolation #225)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:23 am

nn30 is today's lynch.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2406  (isolation #226)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:56 am

The fact that nn30 was off the Eager wagon is more damning. Scum knew he was town and didn't want to be on his wagon. They wanted town to destroy themselves, look at LUV's wagon position. He was so reluctant to join the Eager wagon.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2416  (isolation #227)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 1:59 pm

In post 2411, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2409, nn30 wrote:LUV was never once on the Boring wagon. This is something you can't ignore.


Not only was he not on it, with a quick glance through LUV's ISO he appears to be softly defending boring.


Ever heard of buddying?

LUV not voting boring, how does that make her scum? Its a moot point .
If boring was scum LUV would have jumped on the eager wagon much much earlier to avoid boring being lynched.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2420  (isolation #228)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:26 pm

I'm conflicted about my boring read and I'm more confident about you(nn) flipping scum so.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2422  (isolation #229)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 2:30 pm

The faster people get over the eager Lynch the better. Make a bridge and get the fuck over it.
When you get a cc someone you lynch them. Simple as, no two ways to it.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2436  (isolation #230)  » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:14 pm

It's funny, nn calls Penguin scum but is absolutely okay with being on the same wagon as him.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2438  (isolation #231)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 12:15 am

In post 2437, Zoronos wrote:
In post 2436, Shadow_step wrote:on


Let's be frank, any scum lynch will have scum on the train bussing.
The line *I* draw is "is my scum read the person leading the train". I know that's why I refused to hop on the LUV train yesterday.

Do you think Penguin is leading this train? (Let's be fair, I haven't been paying much attention the past 2 days, so I just don't know at this point.)


He isn't leading it, but I don't expect scum to buss today. With one scum down and 3-4 conf townies. Unless the lynch of the buddy is inevitable I don't expect scum to buss.

At this point it might be as easy as a grendel/boring scum team. Grendel is trying to lynch me because he doesn't want to buss boring.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2443  (isolation #232)  » Fri Nov 04, 2016 9:35 am

You've done a wonderful job at pretending there isn't a case on you.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2464  (isolation #233)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:31 am

You can't lynch conf town, your case makes me laugh.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2466  (isolation #234)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:44 am

I don't give a flying shit about convincing you of anything.
If you're town you're a moron if you're scum you are trying to lynch me because I pretty much am confirmed town.

Your stupid theory of there being an ascetic RB is pretty much BS. It doesn't matter what Zoro's read on me is. Its the correct play numerically to kill Zoro and keep blocking GE. That way there are no conf towns and my scum team can still push an angle of GE fakeclaoming cop, so implosion wouldn't be clear either.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2467  (isolation #235)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:55 am

Now back to lynching ob scum nn30.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2470  (isolation #236)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 2:38 am

In post 2469, implosion wrote:shadow continues to be the least helpful town i've literally ever seen... and i've played with katsuki before :|

Idk man. I don't really have much more to say. I guess the next thing I should do is justify why I still think nn is town. I'll do that tonight or tomorrow. But in terms of who I want to kill I cannot really see myself being convinced into anything other than boring at this point.


Bs
What do you want me to do?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2478  (isolation #237)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:10 am

In post 2472, Prism wrote:Hey all,

I see a lot worth replying to but I can't really respond to them how I'd like right now. I will be free after 6 PM EST tomorrow so you can expect more there.

In the meantime, two things I should reply to sooner rather than later. First, people have asked me my impression of PP-he's a lot less town than he used to be because it seems to me that he was very intentionally overdoing the brash behavior. Meta changes and it's possible he's gotten more adept at faking his tone. The key thing to reread here is probably interactions with LUV, I'll review them along with the long-promised Grendel and Dierfire rereads tomorrow. Expect this read to change accordingly.

Second,
In post 2464, Shadow_step wrote:You can't lynch conf town, your case makes me laugh.

In post 2466, Shadow_step wrote:I don't give a flying shit about convincing you of anything.
If you're town you're a moron if you're scum you are trying to lynch me because I pretty much am confirmed town.

Your stupid theory of there being an ascetic RB is pretty much BS. It doesn't matter what Zoro's read on me is. Its the correct play numerically to kill Zoro and keep blocking GE. That way there are no conf towns and my scum team can still push an angle of GE fakeclaoming cop, so implosion wouldn't be clear either.

In post 2467, Shadow_step wrote:Now back to lynching ob scum nn30.
Sorry, can you remind me how you're confirmed town? I don't recall seeing that anywhere. By your own reasoning, there's no reason for any town to believe there's two town ascetics. Maybe we should follow you on that?

I think you're town. I think nn30 is a lot more town than you. Even if me and Implosion are wildly wrong rather than you, and I really doubt that's the case, you haven't done shit to justify your attitude right now, and whatever you're doing isn't convincing anyone.

ISOing you and scanning your votes you've declared Eager definitely scum, Gamma his confirmed scumbuddy, Implosion the next scum, and you didn't even vote LUV. I'm not seeing where this high horse is coming from at any point. I haven't done much better but jesus.


:facepalm:
I didn't vote LUV because I didn't want to hammer him prematurely and wanted more discussion. It was me stating an intent to hammer on him which lead to his lynch in the first place . :shifty:
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2480  (isolation #238)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:45 am

If we are going to mass claim, zoro should start the popcorn. Or everyone state an order in which they want the MC to happen.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2481  (isolation #239)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:47 am

My order is

Nn30
Grendel
Boring
DF
Prism
PP
Implosion
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2484  (isolation #240)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:25 am

In post 2483, PenguinPower wrote:Shadow


I've already claimed.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2486  (isolation #241)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:29 am

Where are you putting yourself?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2487  (isolation #242)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:30 am

In post 2482, nn30 wrote:Hey Shadow, why don't you state your flip dippin case on me??!!

While you're at it, why don't you refute what Implosion and Prism have had to say, too?


cause of the way you pushed my lynch after my claim. It was beneficial to you as scum to get me lynched, after my flip you would have lynched eager because I cced him. 2 free mislynches.
DF's point about how you were the only unflipped town on the boring wagon.
POE
In post 2344, Shadow_step wrote:So one of [Diefire, Grendal, nn30]


I like you for scum out of these.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2488  (isolation #243)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 9:34 am

ebwop

In post 2487, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2482, nn30 wrote:Hey Shadow, why don't you state your flip dippin case on me??!!

While you're at it, why don't you refute what Implosion and Prism have had to say, too?


cause of the way you pushed my lynch after my claim. It was beneficial to you as scum to get me lynched, after my flip you would have lynched eager because I cced him. 2 free mislynches.
DF's point about how you were the only unflipped town player on the boring wagon.
POE
In post 2344, Shadow_step wrote:So one of [Diefire, Grendal, nn30]


I like you for scum out of these.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2490  (isolation #244)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:09 am

In post 2489, nn30 wrote:At the time, you called me a townie who couldn't see last what was in front of him. You went as far as calling me conf town. When did you 180 on this stance and why?


Cause I thought eager was scum then.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2491  (isolation #245)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 10:11 am

In post 2489, nn30 wrote:Why didn't I push for your lynch day two then? Why would I push so hard on you D1 when eager was very likely going to get lynched anyways? What's the incentive to anything other than watch?


I already answered the second question.
first and third questions are rhetorical I can't read your mind.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2496  (isolation #246)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:04 pm

Can you post your list?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2497  (isolation #247)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:05 pm

Nn hasn't postrd his list after calling me out for dodging questions. Oh well
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2499  (isolation #248)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 1:37 pm

I'll make an average of everyone's list and we'll MC according to that.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2504  (isolation #249)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:57 pm

In post 2500, nn30 wrote:Order for mass claim?

Sure. First at the top.

Boring/Grendel (can't decide who is the most scummy here)
PP
Diefire
Myself (since I'm still a point of contention for Shadow)
Zoronos
Implosion / Prism


What the heck??
How can you keep a cop cleared townie and someone else in the same bracket?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2506  (isolation #250)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:09 pm

Blatalant attempt to buddy up to Prism, but you'll get away with this too cause you are so "towny"
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2511  (isolation #251)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:21 pm

You call me scum and then call me conf biadsed, implying I'm town. What is it, I can't be both.
If its conf bias you certainly aren't making it easy for yourself by posting things like that.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2512  (isolation #252)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:23 pm

In post 2508, Zoronos wrote:I don't know if we're mass claiming today, I'll ponder it.
But if we're doing it it is absolutely not on a list shadowstep makes final choice on.


We are mass claiming today and everyone will have equal say.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2513  (isolation #253)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 5:26 pm

In post 2510, nn30 wrote:Someone educate me here - what is the utility of mass claiming? Is it a power play for town, or is it a desperation move? Or is it somewhere in the middle?


Did you miss this post or something ?

Spoiler:
In post 2495, implosion wrote:
In post 2479, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 2476, implosion wrote:if we don't massclaim zoronos dies tonight, it seems foolish to waste a possibly more-informed use of the jailkeeper tonight, etc. Theoretic worst case scenario is scum have a blocker and block whatever other active power we have I guess? but if scum have a blocker we're going to have another significant PR and we'll want to know about that. And also most importantly we're at the point where these claims will REALLY help PoE.


2nd time you've brought this up. I get the Zoronos bit; but, in a closed setup how is this going to benefit PoE? This is my first time playing one, so if you could explain that bit more.

Basically, there's a benchmark for how much town power will be in a mini normal and if we all claim we can speculate about how much power is left unaccounted for. There may be town power roles who have useful information which can be used to speculate further, or there may be confirmable roles or roles that can let us eliminate people as scum as well. Or people might claim contradictory roles or information. Mostly though it can just be used to speculate on which roles are likely in the setup together; I've caught scum just from massclaim analysis.

If someone contentious like boring or nn happens to be a major power role claimant and we have good reason to believe them as town from that claim, it massively simplifies the gamestate; if someone currently less contentious like me or prism does, then we at least won't really lose much because we have a high-priority kill target already claimed in Zoronos (and I for one believe him).

Additionally, these claims can inform who Zoronos targets tonight, especially if we lynch scum today. I know we went through this song and dance in our last game with shannon but if we lynch scum today, Zoronos should have stated his target beforehand so that if he dies, we get a pseudo-clear. We don't want Zoronos accidentally blocking a town power role like a tracker who could get an extremely useful result in that situation.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2516  (isolation #254)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:02 pm

Just post your list ^^
Nobody gets to finalise anything, it will be based in average.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2526  (isolation #255)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:02 pm

In post 2511, Shadow_step wrote:You call me scum and then call me conf biadsed, implying I'm town. What is it, I can't be both.
If its conf bias you certainly aren't making it easy for yourself by posting things like that.


Calls me out for dodging questions. Dodges questions himself :evil:
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2528  (isolation #256)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:09 pm

In post 2517, Zoronos wrote:This discussion is distracting from actually finding scum. It should stop, and likely do so now.
My scummiess meter on Shadow_step has increased markedly. The things that Implosion pointed out in are not only super aggravating, but also many of them are scum sided (specifically calling yourself conf town while not actually confirmed anything).
The summary of them all is "You are playing both anti-cooperatively, and are actively breaking down cooperation amongst other players." That's an actively pro-scum strategy.

I think at the very least you need to eat some humble pie. In the mean time, I think the rest of us should have a larger discussion on whether or not the wide town read based on D1 play is misguided / overridden by his behavior since then.

However, my best scum read remains Grendel, so I think people should either vote that way, make a case for Grendel being town, or make a more convincing argument for Beatrix being scum (because the bus vote stuff on LUV I don't find convincing, given that there were a number of opportunities for her to vote opportunistically on town targets and instead maintained her vote on a scum. So if she was busing, she was super dedicated to the bus and is probably bad for busing on D2 when she could have lynched town and then bus'ed on D3).


It's not a strategy, its how I play. I'm apathetic, and I still find scum and Lynch them.

The MC is actually going to help us POE, further to reduce the Lynch pool. As is scum will probably kill you and implosion in whatever order so there is no downside to not mass claiming.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2529  (isolation #257)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:50 pm

In post 2507, nn30 wrote:Your conf bias goggles really need to come off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Yes I'm calling myself stupid for having them on the same level.


So @Implosion and anyone else who bothers reading the thread. Don't you think this is a scum slip?
Isn't this nn scum calling me conf biased because he knows I'm town?
If its not, why?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2532  (isolation #258)  » Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:56 pm

In post 2522, Grendel wrote:Right, lets do it:
Penguin
Deirfire
Nn30
Prism
Boring
Grendel
Implosion
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Zoronos, I would love to hear a more developed case against me frankly.

-Optimal bussing position, not moved by LUV’s original claim
-My reaction to your vote, and the scum tells you associated with it.
-Using bad play to hide scummy intent

Is there anything else here you want to add?

@ALL

Call me egotistical, but I’d like a novel written about my escapades if I’m gonna be mislynched. Can people who are scum reading me detail why they are scum reading me currently?


Holy shit list makes no sense.
So your top 2 candidates for scum and PP and I?
So in a world where I am buddies with PP and LUV. On day 1 I make a crazy push for LUV head, then I start a PP wagon? Then I fake hammer him? LUV has both me and PP as his scum reads. LUV busses me and distances from Penguin.
All this distancing and bussing on day 1, are you for real?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2538  (isolation #259)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:09 am

In post 2535, nn30 wrote:
In post 2526, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2511, Shadow_step wrote:You call me scum and then call me conf biadsed, implying I'm town. What is it, I can't be both.
If its conf bias you certainly aren't making it easy for yourself by posting things like that.


Calls me out for dodging questions. Dodges questions himself :evil:


You just quoted yourself. Lol.


I quoted the question. Which you didn't answer.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2540  (isolation #260)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:11 am

In post 2537, nn30 wrote:
In post 2529, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2507, nn30 wrote:Your conf bias goggles really need to come off.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon%27s_razor

Yes I'm calling myself stupid for having them on the same level.


So @Implosion and anyone else who bothers reading the thread. Don't you think this is a scum slip?
Isn't this nn scum calling me conf biased because he knows I'm town?
If its not, why?


No, it's me saying you have conf bias because you pick and choose 1 of the last 10 things I've posted, post some BS reason to scum read it, and then drop the mic and ignore the rest of the conversation.


Cause you aren't going to scum slip in every post you make now are you?

And worst ass save ever BTW.
Don't pretend like you didn't know what conf bias means, cause that is not what it means.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2541  (isolation #261)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:13 am

In post 2539, Zoronos wrote:Nn30 there is no way shadow is on the table today. His D1 play fits way too closely to the long surprise trap town 'gotcha!' Counterclaim. The town motivation on that line of play is pretty clear.

Pursue individuals, using what we know. Not what we speculate the entire team might be. Focus.


When you are less drunk you will see that NN is simply throwing shade on me without voting me WHILE he is not voting ANYONE.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2543  (isolation #262)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 12:26 am

In post 2523, nn30 wrote:
In post 2081, Shadow_step wrote:Intent to hammer LUV


In post 2092, Shadow_step wrote:Brilliant, all the lynch baits got all the good PRs :/

VOTE: Nn

In post 2102, Shadow_step wrote:He will hammer cause he is scum.
Probably going bonkers in his at.


These three posts happened in relatively quick succession. The second post feels strange to me in particular (it's not because he voted me - it's because he's so quick to believe the claim of the person he just declared intent to hammer on).

Zoro counter-claimed between the 2nd and 3rd quote - which would explain that flip. But the flop between the 1st and 2nd is still throwing me off.


If you had actually read the thread properly and didn't want to simply paint me as scum. You would see that I mentioned the whole point of declaring intent on LUV was to lock him into a claim.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2551  (isolation #263)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 2:58 am

In post 2546, Prism wrote:My list is: Grendel, boring, PenguinPower, Dierfire, Shadow, nn30.


and where are you putting yourself?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2552  (isolation #264)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:00 am

In post 2546, Prism wrote:I realize Shadow is giving us all a collective headache but this has become a serious distraction.


You are ignoring all my points for nn scum and then you'll ask me why I think nn is scum. :roll:
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2557  (isolation #265)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:43 am

In post 2556, Prism wrote:Hate to consecutively post so many times today but:
In post 2554, Prism wrote:Now what do you think about Grendel?
To make this more explicit, because I know you townread him, this is in the context of my post about him.

Read it as "What do you think of my case about Grendel?" rather than straightforward what you think about him in general.


I townread him previously on day 1, not so much now. I'm fine with his lynch.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2558  (isolation #266)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 3:44 am

In post 2554, Prism wrote:No, I haven't and I won't, because I already fucking responded to it in #2421 and #2423 because I actually try to take other people's views into account.


I meant about nn calling me conf biased, not the previous stuff.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2564  (isolation #267)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:36 am

So far the avg order is

Grendel
Boring
PP
nn30
DF
Prism
Implosion
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2565  (isolation #268)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:39 am

Here is what we do.
We claim in that order first.
Even if you think you can CC a claim don't jump the order. Wait for your turn.

After claiming is complete. The PRs will claim their n1 action.
After that their n2 action.
Thoughts ?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2570  (isolation #269)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 1:01 pm

In post 2567, boring wrote:Wow, you guys have had a busy day (or so) Here is some quick input:

1) It appears that people are using their claim list as a scum-to-town reads list, in which case, here's mine: Penguin, Shadow (already claimed), Dierfire, nn30/Grendel, Prism, Implosion/Zoronos (already claimed).

2) Penguin is still atop my list, but Grendel's argument on Shadow made a lot of sense to me. I don't feel like he's made any positive contributions to the game overall, which is a telling thing in the long run. I'd still prefer a Penguin lynch today, but I think I'd be willing to vote Shadow, if it comes down to that.

3) I really don't understand the pushes on Grendel or nn30 (nor my own for that matter, but I've been scum-read from go). Neither of them are the tippy top of my town list, but I can't see myself voting either of them today (barring something substantially scummy occurring to implicate them, of course).


Lol of course.
Another one who believes the scum team is luv, penguin, shadow.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2579  (isolation #270)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:55 pm

@boring #2571

Grendel's case holds zero water, he's assuming crazy things like LUV. Who was arguing that I was some gambiting scum who CCed eager to take the pressure of PP and boring. That argument in itself was dumb because I was the one who was pushing the PP wagon quite a bit.
Its the same here, using crazy theories to justify his push on me when simple Occam's razor can dictate that isn't the case.
He also refuses to address why I'm playing sub optimally if I am ascetic RB.

How does believing a claim make me scum? what is your argument here? I don't get it at all.


EDIT: This post has been edited by the moderator for clarity and readability. The original formatting of this post have been saved in the mod thread in the case that this was made in error.
Last edited by podoboq on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2580  (isolation #271)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 5:58 pm

We still have the whole mass claim to do and you're putting Grendel on l-1 :facepalm:
A derp hammer and we lose out gaining a lot of info.
Unvote him now
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2583  (isolation #272)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:04 pm

@Shadow_step #2579
Uhh wrong quote I guess ^^

@Mod can you fix #2579, please?

EDIT: This post has been edited by the moderator for clarity and readability. The original formatting of this post have been saved in the mod thread in the case that this was made in error.
Last edited by podoboq on Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2585  (isolation #273)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:05 pm

FFS stupid phone, delete this post please ^^
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2588  (isolation #274)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:18 pm

Tldr of Boring's case on PP is that he quick hammered his buddy to stop town discussing more bla bla.
Going into night I considered this, but its a very weak case at best.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2590  (isolation #275)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:27 pm

In post 2565, Shadow_step wrote:Here is what we do.
We claim in that order first.
Even if you think you can CC a claim don't jump the order. Wait for your turn.

After claiming is complete. The PRs will claim their n1 action.
After that their n2 action.
Thoughts ?


Grendel can start
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2591  (isolation #276)  » Sun Nov 06, 2016 6:29 pm

In post 2564, Shadow_step wrote:So far the avg order is

Grendel
Boring
PP
nn30
DF
Prism
Implosion


The order
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2601  (isolation #277)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:34 am

You can't be hammered, you are not on l-1.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2602  (isolation #278)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:34 am

Anyway
Boring next
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2606  (isolation #279)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:38 am

In post 2397, Shadow_step wrote:
Spoiler: Why I think PP and LUV are not buddies
In post 320, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 318, Gamma Emerald wrote:So what are you more concerned with: the contradiction or my actions?


Why can't I be concerned with all of it? Still...waiting for LUV to do...something.

In post 240, PenguinPower wrote:Ok. That makes sense. Thanks.

But, I'm scum reading LUV for his lack of answers to the RQS AND his lack of contribution since. So...yeah...not the same.

In post 157, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 154, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:How may I be of service?


Do something...

In post 149, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 148, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because I wanted them to know I had a reason for voting that's actually game-based.


So, in your mind, we're still in RVS - since you had to clarify that you were serious- but a potentially random vote on LUV is scummy because a flashwagon is potentially developing?

I guess I'm not really seeing that. Also, I have no problem running LUV up to L-1.

VOTE: LUV


Esp the part where PP keeps telling him to do something, I think if he was scum he'd just tell that to him in their QT.


@Grendel
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2607  (isolation #280)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:42 am

Like LUV was the weakest member of the scum team. His buddies would be pretty pissed if he bussed them for barely an reason on day 1 itself. Cause he'd likely never make it to endgame anyway.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2612  (isolation #281)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:46 am

Yep
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2614  (isolation #282)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:51 am

Holy shit
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2620  (isolation #283)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:04 pm

2 to go
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2623  (isolation #284)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:48 pm

Already done that?
I'm don't have a NA. I'm just ascetic.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2630  (isolation #285)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:20 pm

Told y'all Penguin is town. </gloat>
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2633  (isolation #286)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:44 pm

In post 2631, implosion wrote:Phone posting to say that I cannot believe that only now after Grendel's post did I realize that prisms avatar is ephraim... shame. And also I'm a vt.


I thought you did have info which is why you wanted an MC :/
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2634  (isolation #287)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:46 pm

In post 2626, nn30 wrote:
In post 2624, boring wrote:What are the chances that Penguin is lying about being Deputy?


Dunno. It could happen from scum for sure.

I'm of the belief that LUV v. Penguin interactions didn't feel like partner v. partner. So, I'm inclined to believe him.


Why would scum claim deputy exactly?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2636  (isolation #288)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 6:51 pm

In post 2619, Dierfire wrote:I am also VT.


Out of all the claims, I found this the scummiest.
Like he believes all the people that claimed to be VT before him. Hence the "also".
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2639  (isolation #289)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 7:06 pm

I'd prefer boring right now.
She tries to throw shade on PP without committing to a stance. Asks for town consensus about PP claim.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2664  (isolation #290)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:26 pm

In post 2657, nn30 wrote:@Implosion - the breadcrumb only implies planning. Scum could have thought ahead - I'm agreeing on the town read but don't rule this out.

Why else is PP town for you?


This is why I keep thinking you are scum. You just do surface level analysis and jump to conclusions.
Let's imagine PP is scum here, how many days do you think he can get away with? He has to say his night result everyday. There are 4 people he cannot investigate. Himself, implosion, zoro and me. One will get lynched today. That leaves 4 people. He can't pretend to have been RBed. He can't fake a guilty cause we can test his result. How does he explain him not getting killed at night?
Basically there is no way PP is scum.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2665  (isolation #291)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:43 pm

In post 2644, boring wrote:
In post 2639, Shadow_step wrote:I'd prefer boring right now.
She tries to throw shade on PP without committing to a stance. Asks for town consensus about PP claim.

I saw his claim and unvoted because that what you're supposed to do when people claim. Am I supposed to welcome into the town fold with open arms after the fake doc claim yesterday? He's been scummy all game, just like LUV.

Anyway, it looks like you're throwing shade at me without committing to a stance because you know you're next in my scum-line, and you might as well get ready for an OMGUS. You follow it up by throwing shade at the guy who comes right after you in my read list. Not very subtle.

PP, you didn't actually expect anyone to pick up on that "breadcrumb", did you? By the way, did you spend the whole game with the knowledge that you were Deputy, or were you informed when Gamma was killed?


Oh really!
Thank you for getting PP off of l-3. I must say that way a extremely pro town of you. </s>
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2667  (isolation #292)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:51 pm

In post 2648, boring wrote:
In post 2579, Shadow_step wrote:@boring #2571

How does believing a claim make me scum? what is your argument here? I don't get it at all.

I'll try to explain in more detail.

It's not the fact that you believed his claim that is fishy to me. It's that you stated intent to hammer because, and I quote,
In post 2085, Shadow_step wrote:I want to lock LUV into a claim, I think he is also scum.


If that was your thinking, your purpose, then why would you take it entirely at face value? It makes the whole thing seem staged, like "okay little buddy, time for you to claim now"...

The next quote I mentioned, aside from indicating your belief, added what looked like a slip.
In post 2092, Shadow_step wrote:Brilliant, all the lynch baits got all the good PRs :/


Because again, why is this a thing worthy of " :/ "? If all the "lynch baits" can be established as conf. town, that's good news. That is, unless your "scum hunt" is just a hunt for easy mislynches.

p-edit: I'll look through your interactions with Gamma around the claim, and see if it looks congruent with the deputy claim. Were you offered a read last night, since Gamma died, or is it supposed to start tonight?


Do you even understand what the point of locking someone in a claim is ?
Its so that in future if there is an incriminating result on him he can't get out of it by claiming to be a specific PR. Example - if LUV had claimed to be Vanilla and he is seen moving by tracker next night it obviously means he was lying and is scum.

I can't believe I'm explaining you this.
It was ":/" worthy because if the lynch baits didn't have the PRs, the PRs wouldn't have been outed in the first place !!!! Aka easier to catch scum.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2668  (isolation #293)  » Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:55 pm

I'm going to ISO maria to figure out why the fuck was she killed n1 itself when there were 2-3 better kills. She was either scum reading the right people or fake PR crumbed. Yea, she scum read LUV but I don't think that's a huge enough reason to kill her straight away.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2676  (isolation #294)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:46 am

I thought implosion was the tracker and was going to blow the game open by ccing those VT claims.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2680  (isolation #295)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:27 am

In post 764, MariaR wrote:Dear god it's a horse race with boring and LUV

"Here comes boring with bad posts" Oh nvm Luv takes the lead with those reads lists!

WHO'S GONNA WIN MY VOTE!


lol

In post 470, MariaR wrote:Gren is one of my top townreads now mostly because he is saying a lot of what I'm thinking and not just saying it


In post 1356, MariaR wrote:When eager flips town I am power tunneling Dierfire into the ground


I don't get why a scum! Grendel would kill Maria n1. LUV was just a goon, killing off someone who TRs you is sub optimal play.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2681  (isolation #296)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:30 am

In post 2673, implosion wrote:My gut is at boring+dier. My gut really wants to townread grendel's most recent posting. Still trying to substantiate it.


Same, I think DF can be in any scum team at this point. Are there any combinations we can strike off because of interactions?

VOTE: DF

Fine with this
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2690  (isolation #297)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:41 pm

Can we just double lynch boring and DF.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2691  (isolation #298)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:43 pm

In post 2689, boring wrote:
In post 2687, nn30 wrote:
In post 2680, Shadow_step wrote:I don't get why a scum! Grendel would kill Maria n1. LUV was just a goon, killing off someone who TRs you is sub optimal play.


This is another good wrinkle to consider. I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on it, especially Zoronos.

I don't see why it would be sub-optimal. It points away from you, clears the person town-reading you, and then you just have to wait for someone to dig it up on your behalf (can be town or a buddy). It's a lot smarter than leaving a big, messy bloodtrail.

I'm not convinced that this is something Grendel would do or has done. It's just that if S_s could conclude at first that MariaR's NK could be used to frame me, I don't understand why he can't see this.

p-edit: Zoronos - space ninja, scourge of the seven seas!


You are reading something else, interpreting something else, posting something else. Did you understand what I said?
You have played a lot of game as scum. Have you killed people town reading you on the first chance you got ?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2692  (isolation #299)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 12:50 pm

In post 2686, nn30 wrote:
In post 2638, nn30 wrote:
In post 2636, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2619, Dierfire wrote:I am also VT.


Out of all the claims, I found this the scummiest.
Like he believes all the people that claimed to be VT before him. Hence the "also".


I posted a while back that I had a bit of a scum read on him as well as why - you might be onto something here.

Does it feel funny to you that I scum read Dierfire as well, given your feelings on me?


@Shadow - I don't believe you've responded to this, and I'd like you to.


I don't find it funny(?)
Are you saying I should TR you because you find DF scummy?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2693  (isolation #300)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:01 pm

In post 2688, Zoronos wrote:
In post 2687, nn30 wrote:This is another good wrinkle to consider. I'd like to hear more people's thoughts on it, especially Zoronos.


I can see at least five potential lines of play from it.
1) DF is scum and was afraid of Maria. (Maria's last will was that she was going to tunnel DF into the ground if Eager flipped town).
2) Scum believed that the reason Maria was playing very 'head down' during the day phase was because she was a PR. Maria specifically said she didn't like revealing her thinking. Scum may have intuited that as a PR soft and shot her as a result.
3) Scum believed that they could push narrative after the flip based on Maria's reads.
4) Almost nobody was voicing suspicion of Maria at the end of D1, so scum have may shot her because they realized it was going to be really hard to mislynch her later in the game and wanted to clear out a nearly-conf-town player.
5) She mentioned in that she wanted to lynch LUV. She might have been killed to distract from a potential LUV train. Goon or not, scum need bodies to win, so killing someone that scum reads a weaker member of the scum team is a good kill. This same logic could apply to Boring, but we know LUV is scum at this point. Maybe Maria had both right, but we know she had LUV right ergo 'remove a person correctly scum reading LUV' goes on the list.

Basically, imo, there's not enough definitive information here to do effective NK spec. The competing theories all depend on knowing the scum mindset however, which is inherently hidden.

Reading and understanding Maria's thoughts is good, because we know they come from an honest place. But trying to fit in a rubric of scum NK thinking is, imo, a mistake.


Point 1 is what I have said.
Point 2 I can consider.
Point 3 wifom kills generally don't happen this early. Especially not when you have plenty of ML baits.
Point 4 meh, I don't really think that's plausible. Maria is definitely not hard to ML as town.
Point 5. Neither is she THAT convincing enough to get LUV lynched.

I'm talking from my exp on this site so far, call it site meta.
Scum kill in this order
1. Said player is a renowned strong town player.
2. Said player is suspicious about them and is capable enough of lynching them by co-ordinating the town.
3. Said player possibly has a PR
4. Said player is suspicious of them.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2694  (isolation #301)  » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:04 pm

What I'd like everyone to do is, iso themselves and post what their day 1 reads were(roughly even). It would help in NK analysis.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2724  (isolation #302)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:22 am

I'm waiting for that case on me.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2729  (isolation #303)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:31 am

I've responded to the first part which you never replied to.

If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided, so that whole argument is balls.

Next
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2730  (isolation #304)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:42 am

In post 2728, nn30 wrote:@Boring - I'll add something to that as well.

I can't find the article on the wiki, but basically there was a theory article that suggested that scum like to find a tunnel and stick with it for the day.

It's safe to say that Shadow has been tunneling me 1) all day and 2) with dubious reasonings. I feel like I could have 1) done anything or 2) not done that very same thing and Shadow would scum read it either way. The dubious reasons for tunneling me suggest that his mind is immune to being changed, regardless of logic. His goal is to distract and put on a show, which he's done.


Tunneling you for dubious reasoning? Seriously! :igmeou:
VCA is dubious ?
POE is dubious?
You voting me day 1 which is dripping with scum motivation is dubious?

I swear if you misrep and lie one more time I will fucking tunnel you to the ground.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2733  (isolation #305)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:01 pm

What the hell are you on about in I have no idea.

one which was conveniently ignored
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2734  (isolation #306)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:08 pm

In post 2731, boring wrote:
In post 2729, Shadow_step wrote:I've responded to the first part which you never replied to.

If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided, so that whole argument is balls.

Next

What are you even talking about? The first part includes responses.
Why do you really think If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided is relevant to anything I've said? I don't think you're necessarily ascetic or RB. I just think you're scum.


I can't even be ascetic mafia goon, too scumsided.
So let me get this straight. You're case against me is that I CCed Eager a useless role at night(according to threat to mafia) by a role I didn't have ?
So apparently I can get fucked any night if someone bothers to check me.
Yeah okay. Brilliant case. You want a scummy?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2737  (isolation #307)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:47 pm

In post 2736, nn30 wrote:Every post you've made all game has been dripping with confidence, too. Townies are supposed to be unsure of themselves. You display no trepidation about anything you do or say.


That's no way to play as town.
We'll discuss this post game.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2740  (isolation #308)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:53 pm

SMH
My playstyle might be scummy, doesn't mean I'm scum. I play the same way everuwhere. What the point of this discussion.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2742  (isolation #309)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:58 pm

I guess the arrogance comes from a lot of factors. The way I am, how I tend to peg scum like 80% of the times pretty early. I'm not gloating. You can check my town games. There are other things which I'll say post game.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2744  (isolation #310)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:40 pm

Let me put this on a plate for you.
I think you are scum, you think you are town cause obviously. So in your mind you think, why I'm voting you is dubious or you're pretending it is. When it is not. Two other people voted you. You are making it seem like its impossible for you to be scum and I'm pushing a crazy nn=scum narrative.

Unhelpful town, I think that's a case of incorrect perception and convenient misrep.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2747  (isolation #311)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:54 pm

Implosion is conf town. It doesn't mean his reads are right.

And tbh I rarely use other's reasoning as to why someone is town or scum unless I find it convincing or it fits with my reads to an extent.

I don't understand why you care what my current read on you is when I'm not even voting you.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2748  (isolation #312)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:56 pm

In post 2746, Zoronos wrote:Hi we're murdering Dierfire or Grendel.
Preferably Grendel.

Shadow_step is aggravating, annoying, and generally useless as shit, but he's not on the plate today. We all know your point on him, save it for tomorrow or later.
Getting into this shit with him is helping nobody. Yes, he's belligerent and unhelpful. The rest of us know those are scum tells. He's still likely town for the movement, so let us collectively move on.


Don't want to start a dick measuring contest, but I'm better than you at Mafia. And nowhere near useless as shit. Get your head out of your ass.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2749  (isolation #313)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 1:59 pm

And you've actually done nothing useful apart from CCing LUV caused by him claiming caused by me declarimg imtent to hammer. Which funnily enough you didn't want me to do.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2751  (isolation #314)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:07 pm

I clearly asked you if you understood what I said because I didn't get what the hell you were talking about and I still don't.
I was saying why a scum Grendel wouldn't kill Maria n1 itself. Who is the "you" you are referring to idk.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2752  (isolation #315)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:12 pm

You said it was a slip. I explained how it wasn't. So again, how does me believing his claim make me scum?
Actually if I was his buddy I would know its fake and it would warranty the complete opposite reaction if anything.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2753  (isolation #316)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:17 pm

In post 2734, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2731, boring wrote:
In post 2729, Shadow_step wrote:I've responded to the first part which you never replied to.

If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided, so that whole argument is balls.

Next

What are you even talking about? The first part includes responses.
Why do you really think If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided is relevant to anything I've said? I don't think you're necessarily ascetic or RB. I just think you're scum.


I can't even be ascetic mafia goon, too scumsided.
So let me get this straight. You're case against me is that I CCed Eager a useless role at night(according to threat to mafia) by a role I didn't have ?
So apparently I can get fucked any night if someone bothers to check me.

Yeah okay. Brilliant case. You want a scummy?


Just say "yes this is my case" for my sanity.

Anyone scum reading me should consider this.
It's impossible for me to be mafia ascetic anything because of the minimal amount of power town has and ascetic can counter both.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2756  (isolation #317)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:28 pm

You don't find my explanation plausible?
So ":/" ing because PRs get outed and hence become useless when lynch baits get them is something completely unreasonable?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2759  (isolation #318)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Its not a straw at all.
It's impossible for me to be scum ascetic because balance. Mini normal review group is strict as fuck you can ask anyone who has modded one.
So anyone who thinks I'm scum has to commit to stance that I am mafia who didn't have ascetic countered Eager a useless role when none of my buddies were under any pressure or I was for that matter. I did that when I didn't have ascetic myself so I can get fucked by even a tracked getting a "didn't go anywhere" result
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2760  (isolation #319)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:40 pm

Ofc you will stop responding to me because your argument is invalid and it's convenient for you. :lol:
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2761  (isolation #320)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 2:49 pm

In post 2757, boring wrote:
In post 2746, Zoronos wrote:Hi we're murdering Dierfire or Grendel.
Preferably Grendel.

Shadow_step is aggravating, annoying, and generally useless as shit, but he's not on the plate today. We all know your point on him, save it for tomorrow or later.
Getting into this shit with him is helping nobody. Yes, he's belligerent and unhelpful. The rest of us know those are scum tells. He's still likely town for the movement, so let us collectively move on.


As I've said before, I'm willing to vote Dierfire if we can't lynch Shadow today. If you're willing to vote Dierfire too, then I guess we'll have our five.

Is anyone of a mind to put up a defense for Dierfire?


Translation : I'll buss him if I have no option but let me create this counter wagon.

Does anyone want to defend my buddy so that I can create a case to ML you on future days?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2764  (isolation #321)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:04 pm

VOTE: DF

Fuck it
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2788  (isolation #322)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:00 pm

If DF flips red investigate one of boring/prism

If green one of boring/prism or nn/Grendel
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2789  (isolation #323)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:03 pm

Zoronos should consider protecting PP as an option. Cause if we can keep blocking the scum kill, we get more lynches.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2790  (isolation #324)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:15 pm

In post 2766, nn30 wrote:
In post 2753, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2734, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 2731, boring wrote:
In post 2729, Shadow_step wrote:I've responded to the first part which you never replied to.

If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided, so that whole argument is balls.

Next

What are you even talking about? The first part includes responses.
Why do you really think If I'm an ascetic RB, this setup is ridiculously scum sided is relevant to anything I've said? I don't think you're necessarily ascetic or RB. I just think you're scum.


I can't even be ascetic mafia goon, too scumsided.
So let me get this straight. You're case against me is that I CCed Eager a useless role at night(according to threat to mafia) by a role I didn't have ?
So apparently I can get fucked any night if someone bothers to check me.

Yeah okay. Brilliant case. You want a scummy?


Just say "yes this is my case" for my sanity.

Anyone scum reading me should consider this.
It's impossible for me to be mafia ascetic anything because of the minimal amount of power town has and ascetic can counter both.


We have 1) a cop 2) probably a deputy and 3) probably a jailer and 4) an ascetic.

We could have a mafia ascetic something in this game. Just means mafia power is concentrated on one member. Not impossible.

Plus, if you're mafia, there's no guarantee you're ascetic. You cc'ing Eager could have been a gambit where you lied as easily as one where you have a mafia PR.

Even your speculation of what could and couldn't be in this game is overly confident.


They won't give a mafia member a role which can counter all the PRs town have. It's too OP.

You can ask your favorite Implosion.

There should be no doubt over Zoro being conf town either. There is no way town only have a deputy and a cop as PRs.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2792  (isolation #325)  » Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:28 pm

Zoronos doesn't need to claim his target, cause even if he is hitting scum, assuming DF flips town. The other mafia will do the kill. PP needs to say his target so that Zoro and him don't end up targeting the same pjayer.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2800  (isolation #326)  » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:18 am

You need to correctly target 1/11 people assuming day 1 lynch is town to block the Mafia doing the kill . Even if you get that correct the person can argue that you protected him instead of blocking him.

Giving scum x shot RB or strongman is a huge "fuck you" to town . It is heavily unlikely scum have a RB or strongman.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2801  (isolation #327)  » Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:25 am

Implosion can you back me up here cause everything I say seems to be like talking to blank walls. Half the playerlist can't setup spec accurately to save their life.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2808  (isolation #328)  » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:58 am

Fine UNVOTE:

I just think we cannot possibly eliminate DF of any scum team so numerically correct lynch and all that.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2825  (isolation #329)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 12:38 am

4 lynches, 5 players unconfirmed players.
So close to auto win.
.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2829  (isolation #330)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:09 am

PP, zoro, implosion, me.
I know what you're going to say. Save it.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2836  (isolation #331)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 8:12 am

In post 2832, PenguinPower wrote:My hammer-finger is getting itchy. I'm impatient.


Same :P

But I can wait.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2838  (isolation #332)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 9:48 am

So can I hammer?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2839  (isolation #333)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:08 am

If anyone wants to say anything now is the time, I'm going to hammer when I see Podo online.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2840  (isolation #334)  » Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:20 am

VOTE: grendel
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2845  (isolation #335)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 12:01 pm

Zoro you're fucking useless

VOTE: DF
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2847  (isolation #336)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 2:22 pm

2 conf townies wanted to lynch Grendel instead. You are reading the game aren't you ?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2849  (isolation #337)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:05 pm

Not out of character. DF lynch wasn't likely to happen and I wasn't going to no lynch.

So you think both scum were voting Df but you still vote him anyway?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2852  (isolation #338)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 3:21 pm

And no more DF votes.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2864  (isolation #339)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:57 pm

In post 2853, boring wrote:
In post 2849, Shadow_step wrote:Not out of character. DF lynch wasn't likely to happen and I wasn't going to no lynch.

So you think both scum were voting Df but you still vote him anyway?

Are you even trying at this point?

1) I had already stated intent to hammer DF, and he was at L-1. It was absolutely going to happen. Why do you think people fell for your stupid fake-hammer? Remember? You fake-hammered DF, and then you hopped off the wagon first at the least suggestion from Implosion, taking Dier from L-1 with intent to hammer to nothing special.

2) I was talking about the Grendel wagon having 1-2 scum on it. You know, the one that had the conf. town support, and was a counterwagon to DF? The one ripe for sheeping? The one you sheeped? That wagon. Grendel's. Grendel's wagon.

3) I'm voting Dierfire because I think he's scum with you, and I'm waiting for you to ditch his wagon just before the lynch again. Of course, there's also the problem that for reasons far beyond my comprehension, no one seems open to the idea that you're scum. Even if you're just really, really bad town, he remains likely scum. I figure having everyone watch you leave his wagon again will help my case. If you do somehow follow through this time, that's great too. I see it as a win-win.


Lol 2 is clearly a lie, Df wagon had no conf town support. Implosion and zoro wanted to lynch grendel instead. Pp wanted to Lynch Grendel instead.

I didn't sheep anyone, I started the DF wagon.

You trying to set me up for a ML after a DF red flip is noted.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2865  (isolation #340)  » Sun Nov 13, 2016 11:01 pm

In post 2863, Zoronos wrote:I was out of town and just said 'fuck it maybe everything i think I know about is wrong, and if NN is scum the scum team would never expect me to jail him since I town read him, ergo if he's scum he's likely the one running the NK.'


So the scum teams are

DF/boring
Boring/prism
DF/Prism

The only team in which I cannot see nn30 not doing the kill is nn/Prism.

We can auto win just by lynching these 3.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2870  (isolation #341)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:06 am

I'm not cocky I'm using basic logic.
It isn't too difficult.

A DF/nn scum team with nn not doing the kill makes no sense at all. So we can eliminate that.

So the things we can do today are
Lynch DF that will clear nn if df flips red.

Lynch Prism, cause prism/nn is the only scum team in which nn doesn't do the kill.

Zoronos was TR boring as well so boring/nn is also possible but meh.

So my plan is lynch Prism today, then boring. If both flip scum brilliant we win.
If only one of them does we get to decide between nn/df who the last scum is.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2872  (isolation #342)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:17 am

In post 2859, Prism wrote:If boring and Dierfire are both town and the team is something like nn30/Zoronos I'm probably just going to cry and never want to flip town ever again.


This is a bad post. There is no way Zoro is scum. Cause setup spec.
You've been here since 15' you should know this.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2875  (isolation #343)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:23 am

You like to misinterpret all my posts. Nice
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2879  (isolation #344)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:29 am

I didn't check your profile goddamnit.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2882  (isolation #345)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:33 am

In post 2878, nn30 wrote:
In post 2870, Shadow_step wrote:I'm not cocky I'm using basic logic.
It isn't too difficult.

A DF/nn scum team with nn not doing the kill makes no sense at all. So we can eliminate that.

So the things we can do today are
Lynch DF that will clear nn if df flips red.

Lynch Prism, cause prism/nn is the only scum team in which nn doesn't do the kill.

Zoronos was TR boring as well so boring/nn is also possible but meh.

So my plan is lynch Prism today, then boring. If both flip scum brilliant we win.
If only one of them does we get to decide between nn/df who the last scum is.


Hoooooooly crap this isn't even self-consistently logical.

If lynching Df actually means I'm cleared, this should be number 1 priority since it comes with an auto clear.

Yet you want to start with Prism... who nobody has actually scum read basically all game...

And even if you want to start with Prism, your vote certainly isn't there right now. That makes 0 sense.


:facepalm: :facepalm:

Why are you so horrible at seeing the obvious.
Gawd I hate newbies.
Have you considered what happens if DF flips town???!!!
The chance of nn/prism scum team still exists. So who do lynch at lylo?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2883  (isolation #346)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:35 am

In post 2880, nn30 wrote:
In post 2879, Shadow_step wrote:I didn't check your profile goddamnit.


You said he'd been here for years?!?!

What the hell DID you do?


It says below his AVI.
Do you actually bother to think before you post?
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2887  (isolation #347)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:50 am

@Implsion

I need your views on what you think about what I suggested about lynching Prism and the Boring.

I think we can eliminate a DF/nn scum team which leaves these

DF/boring
DF/Prism
Boring/Prism

So basically if we do this, we are going to hit scum no matter what.

I'm open to suggestion. We can lynch boring/Prism in any order.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2888  (isolation #348)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 12:54 am

I'm not going to bother to respond to derp town like nn who don't know shit.
Prism who constantly misreps me because it's convenient for him as scum.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2890  (isolation #349)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:10 am

No, you can stay.

@mod, replace me instead.

I've never replaced out of any games because it sucks for the mod and this will be a first. I can't take this constant misrep and insult of my play when I'm not being arrgant or cocky at all. I can't help it if people perceive it that way.

Anyway I think my plan is full proof.
Best of luck.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2891  (isolation #350)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:14 am

Also, playing with clueless newbies like nn isn't really thrilling either.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #2894  (isolation #351)  » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:21 am

Replace me please.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3457  (isolation #352)  » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:36 pm

Mass claim wasn't a bad idea it just didn't get us the results we wanted.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3461  (isolation #353)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:24 am

Persuading people is my weakness. I can't seem to do that.
@nn how I treat you shouldn't factor into how you read me(ideally).

@Prism it shouldn't bother you how I treat other players.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3467  (isolation #354)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:28 am

Why was that post edited. You know which I guess.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3470  (isolation #355)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:52 am

Re: calling the game bastard. I was honestly convinced that Eager was Mafia was was fking ascetic so he isn't bothered at night. It was because how common it has become for town to claim their negative utilities and eager thought he could get a lot of town credit early for it.

Calling the game bastard was strategic so that I could get Eager lynched. I didn't actually think the game was bastard. Two of the same roles being town is really really bad though and I didn't expect them in a mini normal. Cause they can lead to back to back mislynches.
Imagine Eager and I both making it to day 3 and neither of us had claimed ascetic. Under l-1 he claims ascetic. I CC him, he flips gown I get lynched next.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3471  (isolation #356)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:54 am

In post 3469, podoboq wrote:Updated.

In post 3056, nn30 wrote:This feels a little bit too easy, but I think it's just Dier here.

VOTE: dierfire

His [post]2955[/vote] doesn't make a whole lot of consistent sense. His spoiler tag, where he discusses myself and Prism, mentions a number of times that I'm unlikely to be mafia. Yet his summary has me in his 2nd most likely scum team.

I posted a case on him a while back which his response was largely 'yeah, that's a thing.'

My only trepidation here is that it just feels too easy.

BlackVoid has felt towny since subbing in. When LUV was flailing for a counter-wagon he put a vote on Shadow_Step (and also chose to scum read Shadow_Step on D1 based on my admittadly thin reasonings). These make me think BV is town now.

Implosion is conf!town. So there goes that.


Moderator note: A paragraph in this post has been redacted for breaking site rules. No further action will be taken. I cannot go into further detail at this time.


EDIT: Now that both games have completed, I can explain further. The paragraph is now at the bottom of this post. It refers to an ongoing game, one which nn30 had replaced into. Players in that game could use his post here to town read him, as only town would need to "peg scum." It's a town slip for a different game. This is why referring to ongoing games is illegal, no matter how minor you think it is.


Spoiler:
I ISO'd Prism and his first two posts of the game have LUV and Boring as high priority scum. Frankly, this was the scummiest thing about him (as it could set him up for bussing later on). That said people who sub in tend to just peg scum. Having that bird's eye view of the game makes it easier to do - I just did it in a game I subbed into (and I found instances on the wiki which point to this idea as well.)


Nice spot. I'd have never seen this as a mod.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3473  (isolation #357)  » Wed Dec 14, 2016 12:03 pm

Yep, would like to read it.

In other news my mini normal will soon be in the sign up phase. Get hyped.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #3496  (isolation #358)  » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:42 am

Scum can do all kinds of shit, so not lynching a CC because "lol how can this be so easy?" is WIFOM
Show

Previous
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games