Mini Normal #1838 - Game Over


User avatar
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2956
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:10 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Grendel, you mind answering your own questions?

Also I think LUV is scum and everyone should be voting there.
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
User avatar
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3021
Joined: November 7, 2015
Location: Cincy

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:19 pm

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.03
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

Grendel
(2): boring, MariaR
Zornos
(2): DierFire, implosion
nn30
(2): Gamma Emerald, nn30
implosion
(1): PenguinPower
boring
(1): eagerSnake
Lil Uzi Vert
(1): Shadow_step
MariaR
(1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting
(3): Grendel, Zoronos, Slandaar


Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64585
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:20 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Shadow_step wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:10 pmGrendel, you mind answering your own questions?

Also I think LUV is scum and everyone should be voting there.

I implore thee to tell me how you got that in 2 posts.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2956
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:24 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Naked voting is Pro scum. ^
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64585
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It's RVS. Sure it's kinda dumb not to make up a silly reason to vote, but I would wait a bit before condemning him to the gallows.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
User avatar
User avatar
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Posts: 13517
Joined: September 9, 2010
Pronoun: he/him
Location: zoraster's wine cellar

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by implosion »

Grendel wrote:Yes, I like to review the question results to see if I can divine some alignments. Why not contribute to the game with your answers?

I don't really see it as a contribution until I'm convinced that they're useful but I don't have a problem with humoring you (I sort of find it weird that Zoronos explicitly does? not scummy weird but etc and at least they did explain why to some extent)
1) I historically have preferred town but was actually somewhat hoping to draw scum this game because I believe I haven't played a game on mafiascum as bona fide mafia in 2.5 years. Which is ridiculous. 1 game as a traitor in that timespan. And I can say this more openly now since this is the only game I'm in :p.
2) I've been mislynched *mostly* in games that I shouldn't have signed up for in the first place because of not having the time for them, although there was another recent game I played which was the first game I can recall in a long time where I was mislynched and really felt like I shouldn't have been.
3) I don't have a playstyle beyond doing what I feel like doing at the time.
4) Not enough information (although it's ironic that they're both on my scumread list right now).
5) I've learned not to really be excited for games per se because how much I enjoy games is largely a product of factors that can't be predicted at the start of a game.
Grendel wrote:I'm interested why you find my entrance poitenally scummy when you feel Zoronos is legitimately scummy. If you thought that Zorones was implying I'm scum then why was your initial reaction to my post, "well that's kinda scummy"? Sorry, but its weird that you'd have me as a tertiary scum read while your top scum is, in your opinion, also scum reading me. If you think he is scum, why do you think I am scum too?

It's really quite simple. I essentially pay 0 heed on d1 to interactions without flips. Why can't I find you both individually scummy? And further why couldn't I suspect you both of being scum together with Zoronos bussing you? I really don't see what you're getting at or why it's strange to be scumreading both of you.

Agreed with eager that nn is probably town. Although I wouldn't go so far as to say that nn can only be scum if they're an alt; that's a bit premature, there can be good players who haven't played on MS before.

Zoronos wrote:This is a decently analytical thought though for this point in the game. ++towniness.

I actually find this interesting because after my last game that just ended before I signed up for this one, I sort of had a realization that I (and maybe everyone?) put too much stock in logic or analysis, or the quality of an analysis, as determinative of alignment. Individual players who are logical in their town games will almost certainly be logical and show a level of rigor in their analysis in their scum games. Do you really think simply the presence of analytical thought is indicative of town? Or do you think that the thought process Grendel displayed was more likely to come from town?
User avatar
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
User avatar
User avatar
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Posts: 13517
Joined: September 9, 2010
Pronoun: he/him
Location: zoraster's wine cellar

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:57 pm

Post by implosion »

It's a little odd that people keep thinking eager is just townreading nn for townreading him. I thought it was pretty obvious why eager townread nn (although I also like nn's reaction to eager townreading them).

Unvote

VOTE: LUV
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64585
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

VOTE: Implosion
Serious vote. He doesn't talk about LUV at all but then votes him. Trying to flashwagon are we?
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1457
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:08 am

Post by nn30 »

@Grendel, what have you learned from your questions?
User avatar
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1538
Joined: June 15, 2016

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:16 am

Post by boring »

Shadow_step wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:24 pmNaked voting is Pro scum. ^

Why would an RVS vote accompanied by "baaa..." or "hello" be more defensible than a naked vote?
User avatar
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2956
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:06 am

Post by Shadow_step »

boring wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:16 am
Shadow_step wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:24 pmNaked voting is Pro scum. ^

Why would an RVS vote accompanied by "baaa..." or "hello" be more defensible than a naked vote?


It isn't, unfortunately I only have one vote.
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
User avatar
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
User avatar
User avatar
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Posts: 22829
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Shadow_step wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:05 pmQUESTIONS FOR EVERYBODY

1) What is your preferred alignment?

2) Are you often mislynched? If so, why is that?

3) Can you describe your play style concisely in one sentence?

4) If you were the deciding vote at lylo with the slot above you, and the slot below you, which player would you lynch and why? (Ex: 1 would be deciding between 13, and 2. 2 would be deciding between 1 and 3. 3 would decide between 2 and 4.)

5) How excited are you for this game?


Since everyone else is playing...I don't want to be left out.

1.) Town. I'm always scumread, so being scum is hard.
2.) Never been mislynched. Come close several times, but never.
3.) Undefined.
4.) Below...for username reasons and whatnot.
5.) On a scale of Little Penguin to Emperor Penguin, about a Macaroni Penguin.
User avatar
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
User avatar
User avatar
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Posts: 22829
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:22 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Gamma Emerald wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:27 pmIt's RVS. Sure it's kinda dumb not to make up a silly reason to vote, but I would wait a bit before condemning him to the gallows.

Gamma Emerald wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:01 amVOTE: Implosion
Serious vote. He doesn't talk about LUV at all but then votes him. Trying to flashwagon are we?


Um...what? Explain.
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64585
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:23 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

LUV's vote was RVS.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2956
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:25 am

Post by Shadow_step »

PenguinPower wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 am2.) Never been mislynched. Come close several times, but never.


Seriously?
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
User avatar
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1538
Joined: June 15, 2016

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:26 am

Post by boring »

Shadow_step wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:06 am
boring wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 1:16 am
Shadow_step wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2016 6:24 pmNaked voting is Pro scum. ^

Why would an RVS vote accompanied by "baaa..." or "hello" be more defensible than a naked vote?


It isn't, unfortunately I only have one vote.
We've too many players who fall into your "unacceptable RVS vote" category for them all to be scum. How'd you come to the conclusion that this one in particular is scum?

Also, what do you think of Implosion sheeping you with what amounts to a naked vote?
User avatar
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
User avatar
User avatar
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Posts: 22829
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:27 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Shadow_step wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:25 am
PenguinPower wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 am2.) Never been mislynched. Come close several times, but never.


Seriously?


Ah...I forgot. Ok, once.
User avatar
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1538
Joined: June 15, 2016

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:34 am

Post by boring »

PenguinPower wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:21 am

Since everyone else is playing...I don't want to be left out.

1.) Town. I'm always scumread, so being scum is hard.
2.) Never been mislynched. Come close several times, but never.
3.) Undefined.
4.) Below...for username reasons and whatnot.
5.) On a scale of Little Penguin to Emperor Penguin, about a Macaroni Penguin.

Actually, now that I think of it, I should correct my answer to #2. I was lumping all deaths together. I've been mislynched once (but I've only played 4.5 town games).

Also, your scale is bad, and you should feel bad. Macaroni penguin is the best penguin.
User avatar
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2956
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:37 am

Post by Shadow_step »

boring wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:26 amWe've too many players who fall into your "unacceptable RVS vote" category for them all to be scum. How'd you come to the conclusion that this one in particular is scum?

Also, what do you think of Implosion sheeping you with what amounts to a naked vote?


gut
Why, do you have a problem with my push?

I don't care about Implosion as long as he helps me lynch scum.
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
User avatar
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
User avatar
User avatar
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Posts: 22829
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:43 am

Post by PenguinPower »

boring wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:34 amAlso, your scale is bad, and you should feel bad. Macaroni penguin is the best penguin.


The scale is purely size-related.
User avatar
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
User avatar
User avatar
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Posts: 22829
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:44 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Gamma Emerald wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:23 amLUV's vote was RVS.


Why did you say "serious vote."
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64585
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

My vote on implosion is serious.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
User avatar
User avatar
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Posts: 22829
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:47 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Gamma Emerald wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:45 amMy vote on implosion is serious.


Yes, but why did you call it out as a serious vote?
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64585
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Because I wanted them to know I had a reason for voting that's actually game-based.
We're falling through space, you and me, clinging to the skin of this tiny little world, and if we let go...That's who I am.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here!

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
User avatar
User avatar
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Posts: 22829
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:52 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Gamma Emerald wrote: Wed Oct 05, 2016 2:49 amBecause I wanted them to know I had a reason for voting that's actually game-based.


So, in your mind, we're still in RVS - since you had to clarify that you were serious- but a potentially random vote on LUV is scummy because a flashwagon is potentially developing?

I guess I'm not really seeing that. Also, I have no problem running LUV up to L-1.

VOTE: LUV
Locked