podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Mini Normal #1838 Mafia PT

Post Post #0 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:57 am

Post by podoboq »

Welcome to Mini Normal #1838. You are on the scum team. You have day and night talk, and may begin using this chat immediately.

Lil Uzi Vert
-
Mafia Goon

Slandaar
Prism
-
Mafia Goon

boring
-
Mafia Neapolitan

Spoiler: Mafia Goon
Welcome to Mini Normal #____!

You are a
Mafia Goon

Your partners are
(PLAYER)
, who is a
Mafia Neapolitan
, and
(PLAYER)
, who is a
Mafia Goon

Abilities:

-During the day phase, you may vote and post as normal.
-You share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk during day and night.
-You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill.

Win Condition:

You win when members of your faction make up half or more of the living players.

Respond by PM with your role to confirm. The game will begin when at least 10 players have confirmed. You can find the game thread here.

Spoiler: Mafia Neapolitan
Welcome to Mini Normal #____!

You are a
Mafia Neapolitan

Your partners are
(PLAYER)
and
(PLAYER)
, who are
Mafia Goons

Abilities:

-During the day phase, you may vote and post as normal.
-You share a factional PT, located here, where you may talk during day and night.
-You share a factional kill each night. You must choose which of you will commit the kill.

-During the night phase, you may choose a player. You will be told if that player is a Vanilla Townie. You will receive results in the form of “Your target is a Vanilla Townie,” or “Your target is not a Vanilla Townie.”

Win Condition:

You win when members of your faction make up half or more of the living players.

Respond by PM with your role to confirm. The game will begin when at least 10 players have confirmed. You can find the game thread here.
Last edited by podoboq on Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:58 am

Post by boring »

Okay guys, this my 4th game on MS, and my 4th scum draw. At some point, people are going to develop a "lynch boring" policy...

Thank smeg for daytalk, though.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

This is my second game as scum, currently playing my first game as scum so I still have no idea how to play this faction.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:15 am

Post by podoboq »

As a rule, do not discuss ongoing games. This rule matters even inside of private threads like these. This includes something as seemingly minor as "I am scum in another current game."
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sorry about that, won't happen again.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:33 am

Post by boring »

I don't know about you, but I find playing scum to be a pretty personal thing. Like, I've been mildly successful so far, but what I've done might not work for you.

Here's what I've learned so far:

1) Don't panic. We're naturally going to see the flaws in our own and our teammate's play because we know we're scum. Even if a townie hits the nail on the head, it may just be a lucky guess, or they may be ignored, discredited, etc. Also, most townies don't properly research past days' content. So once it's buried, it usually stays buried.
2) Pretending to be town doesn't mean doing what you'd do as town. Your lies should be as truthful as possible so you don't get cornered, but you've still gotta mislead.
3) Misdirect your associations. Find a town to softly buddy. When you need to distance from scum team, form your case so that it looks like you mean it, but has big enough flaws for some townie to pick apart on both your behalf.
4) CYA. Fact check the thread in general, and your own ISO before you do or say something risky. That way, the few who might dig through ISOs can't blindside you.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6 (ISO) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I can do all of those pretty easily except 2. I think I try to act too town lol
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:04 am

Post by boring »

so... any news from Slandaar?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:35 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 7, boring wrote:so... any news from Slandaar?
I've reached out to the list mod, asking him what the earliest time is that I could appropriately replace the slot.
(This is my first game modding on site, and I wanted to make sure there isn't a standard I'm supposed to abide by when it comes to replacing a slot who never responded to their role PM).
Assuming I get no response (from either of them), I'll replace Slandaar 48 hours from the time role PMs went out. I have a replacement lined up, so either way, someone will be in that slot soon enough.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:59 am

Post by boring »

Thank you!

Also, is it possible for me to conduct the NK and use Neapolitan? Or am I restricted to choosing between them.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 7:21 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 9, boring wrote:Thank you!

Also, is it possible for me to conduct the NK and use Neapolitan? Or am I restricted to choosing between them.
In post 0, podoboq wrote:The mafia team has day and night chat, and can use multiple abilities per night.
You may perform both actions in the same night.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #11 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:03 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Just so you guys know I am bad as scum on a good day so yeahhhhhhhh. I also don't have loads of time these days so my activity may be low so that might end badly. I'm fine if you want to bus me at some point upto you guys and how you feel things are going.
Slandaar
Slandaar
Survivor
Slandaar
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #12 (ISO) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 11:05 pm

Post by Slandaar »

Will, as said in thread, catch up later and post then figured I better say hi to you two though!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:08 am

Post by boring »

I know you two aren't super fond of playing scum, but let's try to get through Day 1 with little or no scuff marks. Then if we need to bus to place one or two of us to boost our town cred, we can without being accused of bussing.
Last edited by podoboq on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:18 am

Post by boring »

I think we have to kill eagerSnake tonight. A confirmed town is pointless Day1, but Day2 and beyond are a different story.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #15 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

It's been tough trying to get the heat off me but yeah I think Snake and Grendal are good targets for the night kill.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (ISO) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by boring »

I think you did a good job. That's the benefit of early heat: they'll have gotten over you before anyone's really comfortable with the idea of going through with a lynch. After all, what can be more boring than sitting on the same scum read for two weeks?
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #17 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by podoboq »

Prism replaces Slandaar.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by boring »

thank you!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #19 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Hey there,

I'm pretty busy this weekend so I might not be much better than Slandaar until Sunday, but I'll do what I can. Just a heads up on my style as scum: I don't really like to take the lead, instead I prefer angling for a good position. In particular, I do not like to be the one bussing ever.

Still need to catch up on things (Only up to page 12) but I'll likely unvote boring next post, in the event I do keep it I will keep the arguments relatively ineloquent as to be genuine but unconvincing so as to keep them on the path to a mislynch.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by boring »

awesome. thank you for joining!
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #21 (ISO) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 5:41 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Sup Prism!
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #22 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:26 am

Post by Prism »

Not a problem I'm excited to play, let's rock and roll. I think Zoronos/nn30 are going to be borderline unlynchable but the rest of the game seems vulnerable. I'm probably just going to sit on my implosion vote for the remainder of the day and spin accordingly.

@LUV just a heads up that you should expect me to post this at some point, not today but in future days:
In post 488, Prism wrote:In the meantime I'm going to VOTE: boring whose #196 left me wondering if she was trying to find inconsistencies or trying to find scum.
In post 522, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:I don't know how to put my feelings about her [boring] into the words but I can't shake this vibe from her. I think it's mainly her vote on Zoro, which read more to me as nitpicking about inconsistencies rather than looking for scum.
In post 522, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Prism - Just subbed in. Nothing to go off of.
How is it that, as town, you read someone's first post and agree with it to the point of borderline plagiarism, then consider that "nothing to go off of?

The wording will likely change depending on context but you get the gist. It doesn't appear anyone else noticed it so you likely won't have to worry about it for awhile. I think everyone's doing a good job so far and that we're on track.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:45 am

Post by boring »

I was a little shocked no one said anything either. But meh, there are a lot of egos in this game. Big egos are vulnerable to buddying.

I'd like to ride my "Gamma's protector" act a little further. He really is lynchbait, but he's got an uncanny knack for making it to MYLO/LYLO. So I can either bitch about his wagon and look credible when he flips. or have a buddy when things get tighter.

I do have a consistent issue with my scum play, though. People gut-read me as scum, and then rationalize their way out of it with my content. It seems like most people here are newish, so they'll try to appear rational as much as possible, but if we get too many people content to follow their gut remaining toward the end, I'm gonna have to be bussed.

I'll try to buddy a "logical" player as we go, though.

Prism and LUV, how are you at LYLO as scum? We may need a hero.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #24 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:22 pm

Post by Prism »

I haven't played forum mafia in approximately 5 years now so I can't really know how well my style translates.

I'm fine in whatever stage it's just not my preferred.

Return to “Completed Game Topics”