Mafia Scum

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 623, boring wrote:
In post 619, Grendel wrote:
boring wrote:
In post 607, Grendel wrote:
In post 582, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 579, Zoronos wrote:The dichotomy between Boring and Maria here is interesting; Maria is hard to sort because she is content light (apparently purposefully), and Boring is hard to sort because some of her content makes me go "Yup, that's scummy def" and some is "Well, that is pretty darn reasonable".
Throw Grendel in there and lol
You suspensions of me actually strength my town read on you. The Scum!Eager I played with was totally okay with being a strong tr of mine. Your paranoia here makes me all the more sure you are town.

I mean, if you
are
scum you a mighty fine actor lol.
Does this seem uncomfortable to anyone else?
Why and to what extent?

I noticed how Eager wasn't content for me to scratch him behind the ears with a town read this game and thought it was townish. And decided to mention it while it was still on my mind.
It read to me like "greetings, fellow town-player. You are definitely town, and not scum. I am also not scum. You can see it clearly printed on my nametag. I will now go and do town things. Because I'm town."

I was open to the idea that I'm just being paranoid, which is why I opened the floor, rather than just sticking it into my notes.
You're free to over analysis me as much as you want.

I do think its kind of funny that I just got finished saying how I town read Snake's paranoia, and suddenly you are acting paranoid of me too.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.15
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

Gamma Emerald
(3): implosion, PenguinPower, nn30
PenguinPower
(3): boring, Dierfire, Grendel
boring
(1): eagerSnake
DierFire
(1): Gamma Emerald
eagerSnake
(1): Shadow_step
implosion
(1): Prism

Not Voting
(3): Zoronos, Lil Uzi Vert, MariaR

V/LA
: Gamma Emerald

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:49 pm

Post by Prism »

Don't like all the focus on me not really wanting Penguin when my intention was to get people to read outside of just him/Gamma. Getting tangled up in defending someone else never ends well.
In post 622, boring wrote:How on earth is PP less scummy than me? Do you have any decent reasons? Or is it just that I actually bothered to elaborate on my Zoro read like ten pages ago?
You share my implosion scumread but the reasoning behind it is virtually opposite, and the fact that it was 10 pages ago doesn't really matter when you still had your role PM in hand when you made it.
In post 622, boring wrote:Either way, it's lovely to know that someone who apparently exists solely to swipe at low-hanging fruit is totally cool with you.
If he turns out to be town, then yeah, welcome aboard. If he turns out to be scum, then yeah, walk the plank.
In post 624, Grendel wrote:
@Prism
So Penguin is a stronger town read then six people just because you liked his original reaction to his wagon?
He's in the upper half of the game. He probably could have never posted at all and still be in the upper half of the game.
In post 624, Grendel wrote:What worse is that you are assuming that Penguin isn't matching his scum game based off the opinion of
your top scum read
!

It was Implosion who said that this game isn't reflecting his experience with Scum!Penguin. :?
I thought there were 2 people who said it but I also read 24 pages in one sitting today. I promised I'd review it later so sure, I'll do that ASAP (especially given Dier's interpretation) but my point isn't that I have a strong townread on Penguin, my point is that there are other people in the lynching line that make a lot more sense to serve first.

Who would you vote if not PP or Gamma?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by Prism »

Shadow's another name worth putting in front, I forgot about him.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:50 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 333, implosion wrote:And I think the most damning thing about Gamma (which I've mentioned but no one seems to have noticed) is still this It's indicative that he doesn't actually have a consistent internal state of reads in his head; if he actually didn't hold the opinion that LUV was probably town, he straight-up would never have explicitly called LUV town. The fact that he called LUV town and then said that he doesn't actually believe LUV is town (just that a particular argument was bad) is very strong evidence that he's just pretending to have reads on people.

I think this post needs more attention. (I agree with it).
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:52 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 629, nn30 wrote:
In post 333, implosion wrote:And I think the most damning thing about Gamma (which I've mentioned but no one seems to have noticed) is still this It's indicative that he doesn't actually have a consistent internal state of reads in his head; if he actually didn't hold the opinion that LUV was probably town, he straight-up would never have explicitly called LUV town. The fact that he called LUV town and then said that he doesn't actually believe LUV is town (just that a particular argument was bad) is very strong evidence that he's just pretending to have reads on people.

I think this post needs more attention. (I agree with it).
I'm sorry I don't have a perfect memory of what I said. Pardon me if I say I like apples when before I said I hated them.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by nn30 »

@Gamma - Look, I'm new to this site. I don't know how people do things around here but I have a few things I'd like to share.

1) We're on a website specifically for people to play mafia on. I presume most of us have played these games in person, loved them, and brought them online because there aren't enough opportunities to play them in person.
We're tryhards.

2) I've been internally putting people into my town bucket & scum bucket since the game started. The only reason I would forget where I put someone is because my read was weak.

3) If your read on LUV was weak enough that you'd flat out forget it in the space of 24 hours
you shouldn't be stating it so strongly to begin with

Fin.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:01 pm

Post by nn30 »

Also, (nitpicking here) your explanation doesn't even make sense.

Who the hell forgets whether or not they like apples?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I stated what I felt at each time. I really feel there is no contradiction.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by boring »

In post 625, Grendel wrote:
In post 623, boring wrote:
In post 619, Grendel wrote:
boring wrote:
In post 607, Grendel wrote:
In post 582, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 579, Zoronos wrote:The dichotomy between Boring and Maria here is interesting; Maria is hard to sort because she is content light (apparently purposefully), and Boring is hard to sort because some of her content makes me go "Yup, that's scummy def" and some is "Well, that is pretty darn reasonable".
Throw Grendel in there and lol
You suspensions of me actually strength my town read on you. The Scum!Eager I played with was totally okay with being a strong tr of mine. Your paranoia here makes me all the more sure you are town.

I mean, if you
are
scum you a mighty fine actor lol.
Does this seem uncomfortable to anyone else?
Why and to what extent?

I noticed how Eager wasn't content for me to scratch him behind the ears with a town read this game and thought it was townish. And decided to mention it while it was still on my mind.
It read to me like "greetings, fellow town-player. You are definitely town, and not scum. I am also not scum. You can see it clearly printed on my nametag. I will now go and do town things. Because I'm town."

I was open to the idea that I'm just being paranoid, which is why I opened the floor, rather than just sticking it into my notes.
You're free to over analysis me as much as you want.

I do think its kind of funny that I just got finished saying how I town read Snake's paranoia, and suddenly you are acting paranoid of me too.
If the context wasn't so different, maybe. But remember, you were supposedly reading Shadow_step off meta. It's like you've already forgotten your excuse for the clumsy buddying....
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:09 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

boring, are you scum?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by boring »

Of course I am, eager. I've miraculously drawn scum for the fourth game in a row to stroke your ego, and justify the fear vote you planned since the sign-up thread.

You don't even have to scum hunt. Just park a vote, make a shitty claim, and fake a hammer for lolz (because you got fuck-all info from it).
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:20 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Did you have fun writing that?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:32 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 636, boring wrote:Of course I am, eager. I've miraculously drawn scum for the fourth game in a row to stroke your ego, and justify the fear vote you planned since the sign-up thread.

You don't even have to scum hunt. Just park a vote, make a shitty claim, and fake a hammer for lolz (because you got fuck-all info from it).
Okay. This feels forced. And also out of left field.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:35 pm

Post by boring »

In post 638, nn30 wrote:
In post 636, boring wrote:Of course I am, eager. I've miraculously drawn scum for the fourth game in a row to stroke your ego, and justify the fear vote you planned since the sign-up thread.

Okay. This feels forced. And also out of left field.
It's not out of left field, you're just missing context. I'm irritated by his coasting, and I'm annoyed with town in general. I feel like too many people are tip-toeing, and there's no real scum hunting going on.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:37 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Okay I've waited long enough for everyone to catch up and provide content so they'd be easier to sort.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:39 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 640, Shadow_step wrote:Okay I've waited long enough for everyone to catch up and provide content so they'd be easier to sort.
What have you learned?
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 121, Shadow_step wrote:This game just got easy .
In post 122, Shadow_step wrote:Kidding lol

Hello eager, do you have any early reads?

Anyone else can also answer this.

Eager is probably a goon and would be doing most of the kills and hence might have the biggest chance of getting caught so he claimed to have ascetic.

I'm town ascetic.
First thing I did after reading Eager's claim was confirm with the mod that he sent me the right role PM.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by MariaR »

@Grendel

Someone who is more wrong is more likely to be scum to you? That's downright horrible because that's more likely town then t is scum because scum have all the info while town has none.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:44 pm

Post by MariaR »

I'm very sure PP isn't scum and I'd say Gamma isn't either lets start a dif bw

This one seems okay

VOTE: Boring
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by boring »

In post 642, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 121, Shadow_step wrote:This game just got easy .
In post 122, Shadow_step wrote:Kidding lol

Hello eager, do you have any early reads?

Anyone else can also answer this.

Eager is probably a goon and would be doing most of the kills and hence might have the biggest chance of getting caught so he claimed to have ascetic.

I'm town ascetic.
First thing I did after reading Eager's claim was confirm with the mod that he sent me the right role PM.
VOTE: eagerSnake good enough for me.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:47 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

These are my reads

Town
(nn30, Zoronos)
(Grendel, boring)
(DF, implosion)
(Maria, LUV)
(PP, GE)
(Eager)
Scum

Haven't read prisms latest posts so I'll sort him later.
Show

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:48 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 646, Shadow_step wrote:These are my reads

Town
(nn30, Zoronos)
(Grendel, boring)
(DF, implosion)
(Maria, LUV)
(PP, GE)
(Eager)
Scum

Haven't read prisms latest posts so I'll sort him later.
I'll wait for you to hardclaim cause atm I think you're bsing
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by MariaR »

Holy that reads list is trash.
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:49 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Implosion is the only one who thought Eager was scummy with his claim which is very important and must be noted. That caused my earlier town read on him.
But it could be just that he is his buddy and inside knowledge and all that.
Show

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”