Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #775 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:32 pm

Post by Zoronos »

No, I mean, why did you think she's scum?
Like, provide some reasoning or something. Maybe a case? Or was it just a joke vote and pointless? Which is fine too I guess but fucking clarify that then.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #776 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Mainly wanted to see if anyone would react to my obviously parked vote or not
.. no one really did
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #777 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:37 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Who do you think Snake should be voting for Zoro?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #778 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:38 pm

Post by implosion »

I am reading through these past ~10 pages and holy hell is this cringey.

Mods putting in things that will get cced is nothing new. Very seriously nothing new. It isn't bastard. I put two town bodyguards in a large normal 5 years ago. Approved. The last large normal I was in had two macho townies which is pretty much the closest fucking thing i can think of to two town ascetics (or ascetic roles) SS and eager both read extremely town to me in the exchange.

I'm actually having trouble reading this shadow seriously you're wrong. eager isn't guaranteed scum from his claim *AT ALL*. Please stop acting like this is a 100% thing and basing all of your reads off of that assumption.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #779 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Yeah he's been chasing dragons all game apparently
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #780 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:39 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

I should change my username to Moby Dick
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #781 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 776, eagerSnake wrote:Mainly wanted to see if anyone would react to my obviously parked vote or not
.. no one really did
Really? Ugh you're frustrating.

Okay, so, who do you think is scum and why? I'd appreciate some non-flippant thoughts.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #782 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:41 pm

Post by implosion »

I also really really hate this:
In post 682, boring wrote:
In post 680, MariaR wrote:
@Mod Do scum have day chat?
So you're trying for a derp-clear now?
I've seen so many town ask this question before even when it was clearly on the first page and ugh. This reaction to maria saying that just feels so contrived like you're trying to preempt anyone from calling her town for saying it but you don't really want to commit to calling maria scum for it.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #783 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:42 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 781, Zoronos wrote:
In post 776, eagerSnake wrote:Mainly wanted to see if anyone would react to my obviously parked vote or not
.. no one really did

Okay, so, who do you think is scum and why? I'd appreciate some non-flippant thoughts.
Boring seems happy with this conflict
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #784 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:45 pm

Post by implosion »

Game with two macho townies if you're interested
(Amusingly our mod was one of them)
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #785 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 777, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Who do you think Snake should be voting for Zoro?
I don't know. Basically my reads list got turned on its head by this, and I'm trying to parse out what I think about it. Like I wrote above, I can see some common threads of SS actually doing what he claimed, which means he either planned a fake counterclaim well in advance (I guess ascetic mafia, but why out that on D1, that's a win-at-LYLO gamble play) or he's at least somewhat legit.

So, I'm weighing which of the following two statements is more likely:
1) We have two town Ascetics who are counterclaiming eachother D1, and I should be looking off the wagons to see who is whipping up FUD and / or for people that come down quickly on 'I believe X about Y' and are looking to them flip around on X after Y flips town for the double mislynch.
2) We have a legit scum vs town counterclaim, and I need to figure out which side has the town on it.
Like I said just above here, I can see the logical thread from SS being skeptical about Eager's claim and posting, so investigating Eager's thought processes and opinions is the order of the day.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #786 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:46 pm

Post by implosion »

Maria I think also is coming away from this a lot townier than before.
Unvote

VOTE: boring
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #787 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:49 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

investigating Eager's thought processes and opinions is the order of the day.
Sounds like fun. /s

Sounds like a huge waste of time
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #788 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:50 pm

Post by implosion »

Reads like now look something like this:
Would astonish me if scum: Shadow
Town: nn, eagerSnake, Maria, PP, Zoronos, Grendel (vaguely strongest to weakest but not strongly)
Still to sort: LUV, Prism, Dier
Scum: boring, Gamma
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #789 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 786, implosion wrote:Maria I think also is coming away from this a lot townier than before.
Unvote

VOTE: boring
Wtf is this shit????
Boring is town
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #790 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:52 pm

Post by implosion »

shadow you're only saying that because you're stuck assuming eager is scum, right?

IT. IS. NOT. BASTARD. TO HAVE TWO TOWN ASCETICS.
As someone who has been on this site well more than 10 times longer than you please just fucking accept this.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #791 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Alas, I don't think he's going to
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #792 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:54 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 783, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 781, Zoronos wrote:
.. no one really did

Boring seems happy with this conflict
Is she scum?
Basically - Who is your biggest scum read or two, and show me some thought process for why that's the case. Give me a window into your thinking.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #793 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:55 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Look at how eager has been town reading people for little to no reason whatsoever.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #794 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 785, Zoronos wrote:
In post 777, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Who do you think Snake should be voting for Zoro?
I don't know. Basically my reads list got turned on its head by this, and I'm trying to parse out what I think about it. Like I wrote above, I can see some common threads of SS actually doing what he claimed, which means he either planned a fake counterclaim well in advance (I guess ascetic mafia, but why out that on D1, that's a win-at-LYLO gamble play) or he's at least somewhat legit.

So, I'm weighing which of the following two statements is more likely:
1) We have two town Ascetics who are counterclaiming eachother D1, and I should be looking off the wagons to see who is whipping up FUD and / or for people that come down quickly on 'I believe X about Y' and are looking to them flip around on X after Y flips town for the double mislynch.
2) We have a legit scum vs town counterclaim, and I need to figure out which side has the town on it.
Like I said just above here, I can see the logical thread from SS being skeptical about Eager's claim and posting, so investigating Eager's thought processes and opinions is the order of the day.
I figured you were doing the latter but it currently doesn't seem like you're going to get anywhere talking to Snake when he's like this so I think looking elsewhere might be our best bet.

Like it's very obvious that Snake doesn't have a real reason or won't share it with anyone until he's confident he can sell his case.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #795 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Post by implosion »

Look at how you're viewing his play through rose-tinted glasses because you're still assuming he's scum based on his play.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #796 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Snake IS scum, he didn't claim ascetic, he claimed having ascetic modifier because that doesn't give him protection from being watched doing the kill etc.
Show

Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #797 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:58 pm

Post by Prism »

I have way, way too many scumreads right now: Implosion, boring, LUV, MariaR, Eager, and nn30. Of the bunch, I'd probably say Maria and boring are the ones least likely to be correct.

nn30's last 10 pages have been a trainwreck. He scumread Implosion, said:
In post 319, nn30 wrote:I'm still wary of implosion. Since I'm not getting any traction with him at the moment, I'll drop it and see if I have anything to contribute to the other wagons occurring right now.
but dropped the ball entirely with the followup. I scumread Implosion, explained why, and called for more votes on him-one would imagine nn30 at least taking an interest in one of his top suspects. Instead nn30 didn't even read my post explaining my reads or who I wanted, even when prodded to do so. He never had an interest in who I wanted instead of Gamma/Penguin to begin with, and even less so after the top one was Implosion. Latching onto Gamma and now Shadow and launching all kinds of shit to see what sticks is not a town approach to the game whatsoever. His #690 is noticeably about volume in casework over quality and he admits it. Does anyone here seriously think that Shadow wants to get into a 1v1 Day 1 as scum in a game where town has minimum 2 mislynches? Finally
In post 709, nn30 wrote:I'm the most obv town player here.
is a trademark scum post.

Moving on, I think either Eager is mafia or they're both town. Eager is playing this exactly how he should as scum, because there's really no way for him to come out of this alive unless he convinces everyone they're both town. I believe he's ascetic-I don't buy so much that he's a town one. Implosion being one of the ones pushing that eager isn't mafia for it really doesn't ease my mind.

In the meantime, Implosion, would you like to respond to my #591 and #599?

Right now, my vote on Implosion stays, I'd be willing to switch to nn30 if people would stop assuming the guy was town for no reason.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #798 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by implosion »

Shadow wrote:Snake IS scum, he didn't claim ascetic, he claimed having ascetic modifier because that doesn't give him protection from being watched doing the kill etc.
He claimed an ascetic modifier rather than ascetic because he doesn't want scum to know that he isn't a power role... or because he's an ascetic power role and wants to claim honestly.

His play makes complete sense if he's town.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #799 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:00 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 797, Prism wrote:I have way, way too many scumreads right now: Implosion, boring, LUV, MariaR, Eager, and nn30. Of the bunch, I'd probably say Maria and boring are the ones least likely to be correct.

nn30's last 10 pages have been a trainwreck. He scumread Implosion, said:
In post 319, nn30 wrote:I'm still wary of implosion. Since I'm not getting any traction with him at the moment, I'll drop it and see if I have anything to contribute to the other wagons occurring right now.
but dropped the ball entirely with the followup. I scumread Implosion, explained why, and called for more votes on him-one would imagine nn30 at least taking an interest in one of his top suspects. Instead nn30 didn't even read my post explaining my reads or who I wanted, even when prodded to do so. He never had an interest in who I wanted instead of Gamma/Penguin to begin with, and even less so after the top one was Implosion. Latching onto Gamma and now Shadow and launching all kinds of shit to see what sticks is not a town approach to the game whatsoever. His #690 is noticeably about volume in casework over quality and he admits it. Does anyone here seriously think that Shadow wants to get into a 1v1 Day 1 as scum in a game where town has minimum 2 mislynches? Finally
In post 709, nn30 wrote:I'm the most obv town player here.
is a trademark scum post.

Moving on, I think either Eager is mafia or they're both town. Eager is playing this exactly how he should as scum, because there's really no way for him to come out of this alive unless he convinces everyone they're both town. I believe he's ascetic-I don't buy so much that he's a town one. Implosion being one of the ones pushing that eager isn't mafia for it really doesn't ease my mind.

In the meantime, Implosion, would you like to respond to my #591 and #599?

Right now, my vote on Implosion stays, I'd be willing to switch to nn30 if people would stop assuming the guy was town for no reason.
What do you sr me for.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”