Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:45 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 823, implosion wrote:And @zoronos, site meta is very important when shadow's primary line of thought is "X would be bastard on this site, and this is a normal game, therefore X cannot be happening in this game." The first premise is flawed because he doesn't understand site meta.
That would be my point, yes.
He's locked into a vision of appropriate meta; whether this site's or some other site's, I don't care.
Meta is irrelevant. You're fighting on an axis of "Well, you see, it actually is within this site meta because..." I am saying I don't care whether it's in meta or not and nobody else should either.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:46 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 803, Prism wrote:
In post 799, MariaR wrote:What do you sr me for.
After ISOing you I really can't remember what I found wrong with the first 15 or so pages, it has more to do with me disliking your playstyle than anything but that really shouldn't factor into my mindset. Your push on boring/LUV is good.

The reaction to eager/Shadow is very 0-100 cavalier and leaves me wondering why you weren't doing this earlier if you had such a solid townblock in your mind minus Shadow. It reads very much as trying to take advantage of the chaos and it's your chance to take control of the game.

What do you think of my other reads, namely that on Implosion and nn30?
I think one of them is okay the other is just wrong.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:47 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 804, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 799, MariaR wrote:
In post 797, Prism wrote:I have way, way too many scumreads right now: Implosion, boring, LUV, MariaR, Eager, and nn30. Of the bunch, I'd probably say Maria and boring are the ones least likely to be correct.

nn30's last 10 pages have been a trainwreck. He scumread Implosion, said:
In post 319, nn30 wrote:I'm still wary of implosion. Since I'm not getting any traction with him at the moment, I'll drop it and see if I have anything to contribute to the other wagons occurring right now.
but dropped the ball entirely with the followup. I scumread Implosion, explained why, and called for more votes on him-one would imagine nn30 at least taking an interest in one of his top suspects. Instead nn30 didn't even read my post explaining my reads or who I wanted, even when prodded to do so. He never had an interest in who I wanted instead of Gamma/Penguin to begin with, and even less so after the top one was Implosion. Latching onto Gamma and now Shadow and launching all kinds of shit to see what sticks is not a town approach to the game whatsoever. His #690 is noticeably about volume in casework over quality and he admits it. Does anyone here seriously think that Shadow wants to get into a 1v1 Day 1 as scum in a game where town has minimum 2 mislynches? Finally
In post 709, nn30 wrote:I'm the most obv town player here.
is a trademark scum post.

Moving on, I think either Eager is mafia or they're both town. Eager is playing this exactly how he should as scum, because there's really no way for him to come out of this alive unless he convinces everyone they're both town. I believe he's ascetic-I don't buy so much that he's a town one. Implosion being one of the ones pushing that eager isn't mafia for it really doesn't ease my mind.

In the meantime, Implosion, would you like to respond to my #591 and #599?

Right now, my vote on Implosion stays, I'd be willing to switch to nn30 if people would stop assuming the guy was town for no reason.
What do you sr me for.
Why do you seem concerned about being scum read?
Why do you care?
~Firebringer
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:48 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 827, MariaR wrote:
In post 797, Prism wrote:I have way, way too many scumreads right now: Implosion, boring, LUV, MariaR, Eager, and nn30. Of the bunch, I'd probably say Maria and boring are the ones least likely to be correct.

In post 319, nn30 wrote:I'm still wary of implosion. Since I'm not getting any traction with him at the moment, I'll drop it and see if I have anything to contribute to the other wagons occurring right now.
but dropped the ball entirely with the followup. I scumread Implosion, explained why, and called for more votes on him-one would imagine nn30 at least taking an interest in one of his top suspects. Instead nn30 didn't even read my post explaining my reads or who I wanted, even when prodded to do so. He never had an interest in who I wanted instead of Gamma/Penguin to begin with, and even less so after the top one was Implosion. Latching onto Gamma and now Shadow and launching all kinds of shit to see what sticks is not a town approach to the game whatsoever. His #690 is noticeably about volume in casework over quality and he admits it. Does anyone here seriously think that Shadow wants to get into a 1v1 Day 1 as scum in a game where town has minimum 2 mislynches? Finally

Moving on, I think either Eager is mafia or they're both town. Eager is playing this exactly how he should as scum, because there's really no way for him to come out of this alive unless he convinces everyone they're both town. I believe he's ascetic-I don't buy so much that he's a town one. Implosion being one of the ones pushing that eager isn't mafia for it really doesn't ease my mind.

Right now, my vote on Implosion stays, I'd be willing to switch to nn30 if people would stop assuming the guy was town for no reason.
What do you sr me for.
Why do you care?
I'm trying to figure you out hun.
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:10 pm

Post by MariaR »

In post 828, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 827, MariaR wrote:

What do you sr me for.
Why do you care?
I'm trying to figure you out hun.
Why didn't you just say so!
Well because I feel like with all these null reads on me I'll be put as "Maria can be scum" down the line so it's a really icky feeling also he's the first person to sr me I've been null by everyone else
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 9:58 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 823, implosion wrote:
shadow wrote:Show me a game with 2 town ascetic and I *might* reconsider.
Macho is not a neg utility like ascetic so this doesn't apply.
Three things.

One, please take a step back for a moment. The fact that you're saying you *might* reconsider if I show you very direct proof that you are wrong means
you are being way too goddamn stubborn right now.

Two, there's a first time for everything. I'm not going to look through a thousand mini normals to find a game that has precisely two ascetics; it quite possibly hasn't happened, I have no idea if it has. That, again, does not make it bastard.
Three, ...what? Macho is straight-up a negative utility role. It's probably the single closest modifier to ascetic.

And @zoronos, site meta is very important when shadow's primary line of thought is "X would be bastard on this site, and this is a normal game, therefore X cannot be happening in this game." The first premise is flawed because he doesn't understand site meta.
one thing, I'd rather lynch Eager and be wrong than be wrong and not lynch ob scum.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:04 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

Yeah, just checked 20 games in the archive and not a single double role for town, forget such negative utility.
Show

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:06 pm

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 823, implosion wrote:Three, ...what? Macho is straight-up a negative utility role. It's probably the single closest modifier to ascetic.
No, it is used to stop, follow the cop. Nobody would claim Macho cause that person would most likely be a cop.
Whereas ascetics have to claim day 1.
Show

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:10 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.16
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

boring
(3): eagerSnake, MariaR, implosion
eagerSnake
(2): Shadow_step, boring
PenguinPower
(2): Dierfire, Grendel
Gamma Emerald
(1): PenguinPower
DierFire
(1): Gamma Emerald
implosion
(1): Prism
Shadow_step
(1): nn30

Not Voting
(2): Zoronos, Lil Uzi Vert

V/LA
: Gamma Emerald

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
Last edited by podoboq on Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:12 am

Post by podoboq »

In post 680, MariaR wrote:
@Mod Do scum have day chat?
As per the rules of normalcy, this is clarified before game start.
In post 0, podoboq wrote:The mafia team has day and night chat
Last edited by podoboq on Thu Oct 27, 2016 4:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:21 am

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 830, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 823, implosion wrote:
shadow wrote:Show me a game with 2 town ascetic and I *might* reconsider.
Macho is not a neg utility like ascetic so this doesn't apply.
Three things.

One, please take a step back for a moment. The fact that you're saying you *might* reconsider if I show you very direct proof that you are wrong means
you are being way too goddamn stubborn right now.

Two, there's a first time for everything. I'm not going to look through a thousand mini normals to find a game that has precisely two ascetics; it quite possibly hasn't happened, I have no idea if it has. That, again, does not make it bastard.
Three, ...what? Macho is straight-up a negative utility role. It's probably the single closest modifier to ascetic.

And @zoronos, site meta is very important when shadow's primary line of thought is "X would be bastard on this site, and this is a normal game, therefore X cannot be happening in this game." The first premise is flawed because he doesn't understand site meta.
one thing, I'd rather lynch Eager and be wrong than be wrong and not lynch ob scum.
Lol. :facepalm:
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:30 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Well, that was a lot to catch up on after 8 hours of sleep.

VOTE: eagerSnake

This needs rope.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:31 am

Post by eagerSnake »

I'm

Town

Lol
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:33 am

Post by PenguinPower »

Ok.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:34 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Pp why do you.not already have rope if I'm scum I would followed the crowd screaming for your death earlier lol

Seriously, I'm town, get over it
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:38 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 839, eagerSnake wrote:Pp why do you.not already have rope if I'm scum I would followed the crowd screaming for your death earlier lol

Seriously, I'm town, get over it
Most ridiculous defense ever.
Show

MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:39 am

Post by MariaR »

:facepalm: I'M SO DONE AGAIN
~Firebringer
Charloux

Bitmap
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:40 am

Post by eagerSnake »

What do you want me to say? I played a perfect game fmpov, I'm only getting lynched because mod put 2 ascetic modifiers on town and you're sense about it
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:40 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Dense about it*
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:40 am

Post by nn30 »

Let's hop into the mind of a Town!SS and evaluate what he's done.

The game starts - Snake claims his modifier.

He reacts to that modifier and thinks
snake must be scum
. I'm going to keep an eye on him and determine who his partners are.

Snake parks his vote on PP for
the entire day

Then, SS counter claims, and posts this read list.
In post 646, Shadow_step wrote:These are my reads

Town
(nn30, Zoronos)
(Grendel, boring)
(DF, implosion)
(Maria, LUV)
(PP, GE)
(Eager)
Scum

He's spent the whole game scum reading Eager. Why is the person Eager has parked his vote on on SS's scum list?

Eager participated in a wagon that had a very real chance of getting Penguin killed. This should remove any possibility that Penguin is Eager's scum partner.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:42 am

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 844, nn30 wrote:Snake parks his vote on PP for the entire day.
He had his vote on me for less than 1 minute.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:44 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 844, nn30 wrote:He's spent the whole game scum reading Eager.
Why is the person Eager has parked his vote on on SS's scum list?
What the fuck are you talking about??
Show

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:45 am

Post by PenguinPower »

That post was all sorts of bad.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:46 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Nah if I was scum you literally learn nothing because I've had my vote parked on boring who had had no other votes

But I'm not scum so better prepare for instant lylo
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:48 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 846, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 844, nn30 wrote:He's spent the whole game scum reading Eager.
Why is the person Eager has parked his vote on on SS's scum list?
What the fuck are you talking about??

My horrible memory, that's what.

First point still stands. Eager almost got PP killed. How is he possibly on your scum list if Eager is too?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”