Mini Normal #1838 - Game Over

eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #925  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:08 pm

By post 476 you were still 'lying in the wait' you weren't being aggressive because you didn't want to give yourself away, remember?

eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #926  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:11 pm

Yet she somehow has you as top townread for being "aggressive town persona. A hint of grandiosity.", something shes supposedly "never seen before in scum". Sounds like a fake read

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #927  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Hm
Gonna have to rethink my reads.
UNVOTE:
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #928  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:20 pm

In post 921, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 916, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 906, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 885, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: Shadow

If both of you are town we are seriously fucked.


Jeeeez this is terrible. When did I say all my reads are based in Eager's interactions with them?


It seemed implied and either way, I never said that was my reason for voting for you.


Then what is the reason Sherlock?
Did you iso me? You think I'm scum and ccing eager under no pressure when I didn't need to ?


I think you're gambling scum who failed to plan out a distraction.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #929  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:27 pm

In post 912, Prism wrote:I've got a few things I want to respond to later but for now why are people assuming nn30 is town again?


I'm not afraid to go after someone when I see the need to. I draw attention to myself doing so (which scum don't want).

I won't force a re-read on you but the vast majority of people have town read me at one point or another (for differing reasons).

I read your post which detailed why you thought I was scum. You make some good points. For example, my saying saying I'm the most ob! town person here is classic scum logic. In a vacuum I'd agree with you. However, I implore you to consider it within the context of the current game - where tons of people had already stated a strong town read on me - and take a second look at me.

eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #930  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:28 pm

@LUV that seems highly unlikely

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #931  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:33 pm

In post 909, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 885, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: Shadow

If both of you are town we are seriously fucked.

nn you are seriously thick.
This is day 1. I tried several times for reads from eager. He either kept giving in related responses or avoiding it all together and he was getting away with all of it cause lol day 1. What the hell did you expect me to do ask his read on every player till he does, keep shouting at him? You are being extremely unreasonable.


You had, in your mind, a conf! scum read on him. You could have waited any amount of time you wished. Given more time, you almost certainly would have gotten relevant information out of him. Instead you blew your load early and, as a result, have exactly one viable town read as a result of Eager's actions.

If you're town, that's bad play and misuse of your advantage.

I don't think you're a bad player - hence why I think you're scum.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #932  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:03 pm

In post 907, eagerSnake wrote:What do you want from me?

I had my vote on boring all day and nobody even nibbled at it, usually I would think scum would at least take a nibble at it. This makes it more likely boring is scum. Also boring seems happy with this conflict and jumped on me without any question, also used the gambler's fallacy to her own defense.


I'm liking this logic a lot.

If true, it links Boring to Shadow_Step as well. Boring seemingly needed 0 convincing to join the Eager Snake wagon. See below.

In post 645, boring wrote:
In post 642, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 121, Shadow_step wrote:This game just got easy .

In post 122, Shadow_step wrote:Kidding lol

Hello eager, do you have any early reads?

Anyone else can also answer this.



Eager is probably a goon and would be doing most of the kills and hence might have the biggest chance of getting caught so he claimed to have ascetic.

I'm town ascetic.
First thing I did after reading Eager's claim was confirm with the mod that he sent me the right role PM.

VOTE: eagerSnake good enough for me.


Took 3 minutes from Shadow's announcement in 642 that he's town Ascetic for her to jump on the Eager Snake wagon.

Plus, boring's read of Shadow from her rainbow post feels wonky to me.

In post 476, boring wrote:
Shadow_step - Has an aggressive town persona. A hint of grandiosity. I haven't seen this behavior before with scum.


As I've stated before, Shadow's behavior prior to CCing ascetic wasn't very aggressive.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #933  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:05 pm

I'm thinking boring and Shadow are scumbuddies.
VOTE: Shadow_step
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #934  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:08 pm

@Eager - I know that you think you're both town ascetic with Shadow. However, pretend for a moment that there are other possibilities. I'd like your best argument for:

1) You both being town

2) Shadow being scum and CCing you

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #935  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:10 pm

In post 933, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm thinking boring and Shadow are scumbuddies.
VOTE: Shadow_step


This disagrees with your 867. What caused you to change your mind?

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #936  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:12 pm

In post 928, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 921, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 916, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 906, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 885, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:VOTE: Shadow

If both of you are town we are seriously fucked.


Jeeeez this is terrible. When did I say all my reads are based in Eager's interactions with them?


It seemed implied and either way, I never said that was my reason for voting for you.


Then what is the reason Sherlock?
Did you iso me? You think I'm scum and ccing eager under no pressure when I didn't need to ?


I think you're gambling scum who failed to plan out a distraction.


If this is true, what was he distracting from with the CC?

My best guesses are PP and GE - since they both had (small) wagons on them when Shadow CC'd.

But... that wasn't enough pressure to do much.

What are your thoughts? What was scum!Shadow's goal with CCing?

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #937  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:14 pm

In post 935, nn30 wrote:
In post 933, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm thinking boring and Shadow are scumbuddies.
VOTE: Shadow_step


This disagrees with your 867. What caused you to change your mind?

Me realizing boring's poorly formed read on Shadow was probably scum trying to find things that aren't there. You could call it "matching evidence to reads".
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #938  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:16 pm

In post 933, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm thinking boring and Shadow are scumbuddies.
VOTE: Shadow_step


Scum buddy confirmed.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #939  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Nothing new has happened and sudde ly GE realised he should look back and reconsider which is BS. LUV jumped on my wagon so he jumped on it too to protect his buddy Eager for one more day.
Tomorrow they'll argue he is also town after my flip.
Show

eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #940  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:19 pm

In post 934, nn30 wrote:@Eager - I know that you think you're both town ascetic with Shadow. However, pretend for a moment that there are other possibilities. I'd like your best argument for:

1) You both being town

2) Shadow being scum and CCing you


Best argument for him being town is that it makes no sense to cc me as scum in his position. If he was scum he would know I'm town which means he's knowingly putting himself into a 1/1 trade with me, which is not optimal as scum, and I don't consider myself a big enough threat for it to become an optimal play. Also his play is in line with his claim and motivation. If scum wanted me dead, it's highly unlikely and ridiculously suboptimal to do it this way, rather than just NKing me. Unless, of course, he knew I would advocate for both of us being town, and thought he would still survive after I flip, but theres extremely low chance of him knowing that.

Best argument for him being scum and ccing me is that his scumbuddy was under heat and he needed to cause a distraction, even if it ended in his own death tomorrow. That scum buddy would be in [boring, pp, gamma]

The former is more likely

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #941  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:20 pm

In post 910, Shadow_step wrote:OMG nn you are biggest dumbfuck ever.
You want me claim ascetic on day 6?
Or, " I don't have enough info yet, so let's on scum eager live another day and lynch someone else." That's what you expect me to do? Are you that fucking dense?


I absolutely expect you to do that.

Sacrificing a townie so that you can identify more scum is absolutely good play.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #942  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:21 pm

In post 939, Shadow_step wrote:Nothing new has happened and sudde ly GE realised he should look back and reconsider which is BS. LUV jumped on my wagon so he jumped on it too to protect his buddy Eager for one more day.
Tomorrow they'll argue he is also town after my flip.

This happened:
In post 926, eagerSnake wrote:Yet she somehow has you as top townread for being "aggressive town persona. A hint of grandiosity.", something shes supposedly "never seen before in scum". Sounds like a fake read
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

PenguinPower
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #943  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:23 pm

In post 942, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 939, Shadow_step wrote:Nothing new has happened and sudde ly GE realised he should look back and reconsider which is BS. LUV jumped on my wagon so he jumped on it too to protect his buddy Eager for one more day.
Tomorrow they'll argue he is also town after my flip.

This happened:
In post 926, eagerSnake wrote:Yet she somehow has you as top townread for being "aggressive town persona. A hint of grandiosity.", something shes supposedly "never seen before in scum". Sounds like a fake read


Why does it sound like a fake read to you?

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #944  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:23 pm

In post 941, nn30 wrote:
In post 910, Shadow_step wrote:OMG nn you are biggest dumbfuck ever.
You want me claim ascetic on day 6?
Or, " I don't have enough info yet, so let's on scum eager live another day and lynch someone else." That's what you expect me to do? Are you that fucking dense?


I absolutely expect you to do that.

Sacrificing a townie so that you can identify more scum is absolutely good play.


No its not

Lynching ob scum is always better than taking a shot in the dark
Show

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #945  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:23 pm

Actually, I can see scum!boring doing that with Shadow being Town or scum.
VOTE: boring
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #946  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:25 pm

In post 943, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 942, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 939, Shadow_step wrote:Nothing new has happened and sudde ly GE realised he should look back and reconsider which is BS. LUV jumped on my wagon so he jumped on it too to protect his buddy Eager for one more day.
Tomorrow they'll argue he is also town after my flip.

This happened:
In post 926, eagerSnake wrote:Yet she somehow has you as top townread for being "aggressive town persona. A hint of grandiosity.", something shes supposedly "never seen before in scum". Sounds like a fake read


Why does it sound like a fake read to you?


Because I don't see where she draws this conclusion based on his posting at that point. Especially not enough to have him as top tr of the game

PenguinPower
Jack of All Trades
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #947  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:25 pm

Not you.

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #948  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:26 pm

GE/Eager scum team. Calling it right now. Not sure who Tue 3rd wheel is.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: Paradox Space
Pronoun: He

Post Post #949  (ISO)  » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:26 pm

In post 943, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 942, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 939, Shadow_step wrote:Nothing new has happened and sudde ly GE realised he should look back and reconsider which is BS. LUV jumped on my wagon so he jumped on it too to protect his buddy Eager for one more day.
Tomorrow they'll argue he is also town after my flip.

This happened:
In post 926, eagerSnake wrote:Yet she somehow has you as top townread for being "aggressive town persona. A hint of grandiosity.", something shes supposedly "never seen before in scum". Sounds like a fake read


Why does it sound like a fake read to you?

Well for one, the "powertown" (what boring said Shadow was doing) is a scum tactic: I know thanks to Transcend's old sig. Shadow also hadn't really started pressing Eager yet.
Get to know an Emerald! ~Likely to be off during evenings (Eastern Time)~
It’s maaagic.
i would unironically put mafia loyal vigs in games for the record - Acidphoenix

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games