Mini Normal #1838 - Game Over


User avatar
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3021
Joined: November 7, 2015
Location: Cincy

Post Post #1025 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:39 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.23
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

boring
(5): eagerSnake, MariaR, implosion, Gamma Emerald, nn30
eagerSnake
(3): Shadow_step, boring, PenguinPower
PenguinPower
(2): Dierfire, Grendel
Shadow_step
(1): Lil Uzi Vert
implosion
(1): Prism

Not Voting
(1): Zoronos


V/LA
: Gamma Emerald

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
Last edited by podoboq on Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1026 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am

Post by eagerSnake »

MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 amThe only time I hard defended a partner is when I was begged to do it in open 646


The question is would you hard defend town
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64916
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1027 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:37 amIts not opportunistic. Eager has been cced. He is conf scum. Why is boring's vote opportunistic and not PP?

1) Eager was on her all day
2) Naked vote following a major case
I think I’m done with emotions as a weapon.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here, if that interests you.

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2956
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street

Post Post #1028 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:41 am

Post by Shadow_step »

MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am
MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 amThe only time I hard defended a partner is when I was begged to do it in open 646


I'm saying you are capable.
I don't know your meta, we only played one game where you were scum.
Okay now this is true.

Can you please vote Eager now?
*makes puppy face*

Prism you shouldn't be okay with the boring wagon because of your scum reads and you should be voting eager.
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
User avatar
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
User avatar
User avatar
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,
Posts: 19534
Joined: July 11, 2016

Post Post #1029 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:41 am

Post by MariaR »

eagerSnake wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am
MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 amThe only time I hard defended a partner is when I was begged to do it in open 646


The question is would you hard defend town
I want to say uhhh Yes?
I've never been put in that spot but I imagine I would
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
User avatar
MariaR
MariaR
Alternatively,
User avatar
User avatar
MariaR
Alternatively,
Alternatively,
Posts: 19534
Joined: July 11, 2016

Post Post #1030 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:42 am

Post by MariaR »

Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:41 am
MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am
MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 amThe only time I hard defended a partner is when I was begged to do it in open 646


I'm saying you are capable.
I don't know your meta, we only played one game where you were scum.
Okay now this is true.

Can you please vote Eager now?
*makes puppy face*

Prism you shouldn't be okay with the boring wagon because of your scum reads and you should be voting eager.
Pls not the puppy face
I don't see why eager would claim right at day start as scum
his logic seems to add up at least to me

Honestly I'm at the point where if boring doesn't flip scum I'm gonna take another look at snake I really think you're just wrong here.
I bet Maria is scum this game
~Firebringer
Na Maria isn't towny enough to be scum this game~
Charloux

MariaR goes for the uwu owo tsundere-dere look but you never know if she has a knife behind her back.~
Bitmap
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1031 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:43 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Prism wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:38 amEager playing his role strongly he's doing exactly what I'd expect if he was cc'd scum


You mean I'm doing exactly what I should do regardless of alignment, which makes my actions either

A) Genuine townplay
OR
B) Perfect scumplay
User avatar
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2956
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street

Post Post #1032 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:43 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Gamma Emerald wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:37 amIts not opportunistic. Eager has been cced. He is conf scum. Why is boring's vote opportunistic and not PP?

1) Eager was on her all day
2) Naked vote following a major case


That isn't what I asked.
Why isn't PP's vote also opportunistic?
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1033 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:44 am

Post by eagerSnake »

@Gamma
I'm sure you've seen my spiel about self-voting as town... Question: Do you think that this situation warrants being a pro-town reason for wanting to be lynched?
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64916
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1034 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:45 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:43 am
Gamma Emerald wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:40 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:37 amIts not opportunistic. Eager has been cced. He is conf scum. Why is boring's vote opportunistic and not PP?

1) Eager was on her all day
2) Naked vote following a major case


That isn't what I asked.
Why isn't PP's vote also opportunistic?

It probably also is, but PP didn't give a BS townread on you.
I think I’m done with emotions as a weapon.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here, if that interests you.

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1035 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:46 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Spoiler: How I feel about this
I cannot take this anymore
I'm saying everything I've said before
All these words they make no sense
I find bliss in ignorance
Less I hear the less you'll say
But you'll find that out anyway
Just like before
Everything you say to me
Takes me one step closer to the edge
And I'm about to break
I need a little room to breathe
'Cause I'm one step closer to the edge
And I'm about to break
I find the answers aren't so clear
Wish I could find a way to disappear
All these thoughts they make no sense
I find bliss in ignorance
Nothing seems to go away
Over and over again
Just like before
User avatar
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 2956
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street

Post Post #1036 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:46 am

Post by Shadow_step »

MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:42 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:41 am
MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:36 am
MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:32 amThe only time I hard defended a partner is when I was begged to do it in open 646


I'm saying you are capable.
I don't know your meta, we only played one game where you were scum.
Okay now this is true.

Can you please vote Eager now?
*makes puppy face*

Prism you shouldn't be okay with the boring wagon because of your scum reads and you should be voting eager.
Pls not the puppy face
I don't see why eager would claim right at day start as scum
his logic seems to add up at least to me

Honestly I'm at the point where if boring doesn't flip scum I'm gonna take another look at snake I really think you're just wrong here.


Him gambiting makes more sense than two ascetics.
Let's just imagine I was a VT and he was mafia fking ascetic.
Look at the rewards, he gets townread till day 2 at least and won't be bothered at night.
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
User avatar
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1538
Joined: June 15, 2016

Post Post #1037 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:48 am

Post by boring »

@eager - I'm not sure you understand what buddying means. Most of what you posted was criticism. Also, why do you keep repeating that I'm happy about the conflict? I've been around for very little of this little scum theater.

@town? - eager has been coasting, and the only thing in the way of my gut scumlean was the fact that he had an uncc'd claim. A cc from an obvious town player was more than enough reason to vote him. Either way, how can so many of you accept eager's piss-poor "town" performance without resistance? I mean, eager has bragged twice now about how shitty town is playing by not calling him out for his lazy vote. You're all just taking the insult with pride, it would appear. The only positive thing I can say about this development is my wagon. It decreases the likelihood that eagerSnake, MariaR and implosion are ALL scum. I'll have to try to knock at least one out of the running.

If scum want to chainsaw me up to L-1, that's fine, but don't let them hammer without warning. I'll try to be back again tomorrow to check on things.

p-edit - S_s's play and tone were very aggressive early on.
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Gamma Emerald
She/Her
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 64916
Joined: August 9, 2016
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1038 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:48 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

eagerSnake wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:44 am
@Gamma
I'm sure you've seen my spiel about self-voting as town... Question: Do you think that this situation warrants being a pro-town reason for wanting to be lynched?

It might be, but I'd prefer you not anyway, as that removes a vote to analyze, and in my first game lynches where the victim self voted were: a reasonable case(Oracle), scum, and an unreasonable case(town Tracker CCed scum Tracker).
I think I’m done with emotions as a weapon.

Visit my
new
GTKAS page here, if that interests you.

VLA while fighting what I presume is the flu
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1039 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:50 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Nah I wouldn't self-vote as like you said that removes information, but I wouldn't let a wagon that I'm not 100% sure of go through, instead I'd opt myself to be lynched
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1040 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:52 am

Post by eagerSnake »

boring wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:48 amAlso, why do you keep repeating that I'm happy about the conflict? I've been around for very little of this little scum theater.


Where do you get "scum theater?" Who am I scum theatering with?
User avatar
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 1457
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1041 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:53 am

Post by nn30 »

Prism wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:38 am
MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:33 amWHAT IS THIS BS?????
The same thing I've been saying the past 5+ pages, nn30 and implosion are my top two scumreads and despite Eager playing his role strongly he's doing exactly what I'd expect if he was cc'd scum. If it flips town I wouldn't be shocked at either of you/Gamma turning out to be scum.
Gamma Emerald wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:33 am
Wagon is 5 people.
I realize.


I have exactly 0 trust in your ability to scumread. Between 614 and 628 you imply (Penguin) or directly state (7 other names) feel scummy. That's 8/13 town members. Your list in 1013 has 3 people (myself included) who I feel are towny.

I didn't respond to your line of questioning towards me originally because without an "@nn30" somewhere in the post I'm likely to skim it and assume it was addressed to someone else.

The fact that I failed to reply to you is not enough of a reason to scum read me.

As far as my read of implosion, I still don't town read him but I found his responses to my lines of questioning satisfying (for the time being). Plus he dropped off the face of the map, nobody else seemed interested in talking about him, so I moved on.
User avatar
Prism
Prism
Dispersion of Insight
User avatar
User avatar
Prism
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Posts: 8608
Joined: August 18, 2015

Post Post #1042 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Prism »

eagerSnake wrote:You mean I'm doing exactly what I should do regardless of alignment, which makes my actions either

A) Genuine townplay
OR
B) Perfect scumplay
I don't think realizing that getting Shadow lynched is suicidal takes a mafia genius and you're not going to sell me on that one.
MariaR wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:42 amPrism you shouldn't be okay with the boring wagon because of your scum reads and you should be voting eager.
Pls not the puppy face
I don't see why eager would claim right at day start as scum
his logic seems to add up at least to me

Honestly I'm at the point where if boring doesn't flip scum I'm gonna take another look at snake I really think you're just wrong here.[/quote]You claim at the day start and get the risk of being found ascetic out of the way immediately. I believe he's ascetic-I doubt he's a town one. You don't expect two in a game even if you're mafia.

As far as taking other looks at people, I again urge to to ISO nn30 if you are town.
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:41 amPrism you shouldn't be okay with the boring wagon because of your scum reads and you should be voting eager.
I'm not okay with it and I'm voting one of my top two scumreads, I can vote Eager but I doubt it will do much good without serious reconsideration of the people on the wagon to begin with.

UNVOTE:
VOTE: Eager
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1043 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:58 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Prism have you tried to directly interact with me at all?
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1044 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:00 am

Post by eagerSnake »

Or are you also entrapped by the logical fallacy "there cant be 2 town with ascetic"
User avatar
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 16278
Joined: August 9, 2016

Post Post #1045 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

nn30 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:12 am
Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:20 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:59 am
Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:55 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:12 am
Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:18 amVOTE: Shadow

If both of you are town we are seriously fucked.


Jeeeez this is terrible. When did I say all my reads are based in Eager's interactions with them?


It seemed implied and either way, I never said that was my reason for voting for you.


Then what is the reason Sherlock?
Did you iso me? You think I'm scum and ccing eager under no pressure when I didn't need to ?


I think you're gambling scum who failed to plan out a distraction.


If this is true, what was he distracting from with the CC?

My best guesses are PP and GE - since they both had (small) wagons on them when Shadow CC'd.

But... that wasn't enough pressure to do much.

What are your thoughts? What was scum!Shadow's goal with CCing?


GE and PP. Their wagons were small but there were various players discussing the cases presented against both in great detail and length. There was pressure for both players to explain their actions and things they've said. It was understood that we would be lynching Gamma or Penguin today. Discussion was happening and it was discussion that would lead to finding scum regardless of how either flipped.

I'm not entirely sure what his goal is other than to remove suspicion from one of Gamma and Penguin, maybe potentially even both. Either that or he read Snake as being a potential threat and he's willing to gamble in order to get rid of him.
User avatar
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 16278
Joined: August 9, 2016

Post Post #1046 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:35 am
Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:20 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:59 am
Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:55 am
Shadow_step wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:12 am
Lil Uzi Vert wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 5:18 amVOTE: Shadow

If both of you are town we are seriously fucked.


Jeeeez this is terrible. When did I say all my reads are based in Eager's interactions with them?


It seemed implied and either way, I never said that was my reason for voting for you.


Then what is the reason Sherlock?
Did you iso me? You think I'm scum and ccing eager under no pressure when I didn't need to ?


I think you're gambling scum who failed to plan out a distraction.


Jesus Christ, stop playing you're fucking terrible. Gambiting mafia lmao


You're the one that's terrible my friend. The only case you have on Eager is that you cannot fathom that both you and him were given the same role. You either refuse or won't take into consideration a town motive for lying. If Eager had not claimed, your read on him would be null. You have no backup plan if he flips town and if he flips scum, it's an excuse to push on anyone who defended him or didn't vote for him.
User avatar
Prism
Prism
Dispersion of Insight
User avatar
User avatar
Prism
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Posts: 8608
Joined: August 18, 2015

Post Post #1047 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Prism »

nn30 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:53 amI have exactly 0 trust in your ability to scumread. Between 614 and 628 you imply (Penguin) or directly state (7 other names) feel scummy. That's 8/13 town members. Your list in 1013 has 3 people (myself included) who I feel are towny.

I didn't respond to your line of questioning towards me originally because without an "@nn30" somewhere in the post I'm likely to skim it and assume it was addressed to someone else.

The fact that I failed to reply to you is not enough of a reason to scum read me.

As far as my read of implosion, I still don't town read him but I found his responses to my lines of questioning satisfying (for the time being). Plus he dropped off the face of the map, nobody else seemed interested in talking about him, so I moved on.
More of nn30 not actually caring about what I'm saying and just giving a response for the sake of it.

Does anyone want to go read #797?

P-edit @Eager: Not really, no. Feel free to vote implosion or nn30 if you want. It's also not a logical fallacy, you're significantly less likely to be town because of it.
User avatar
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
User avatar
User avatar
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor
Posts: 16278
Joined: August 9, 2016

Post Post #1048 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

I don't get the case for boring, she's new to site so it's possible she has never seen scum act like Shadow had acted early on in the game, she stated reasons for why she found Eager's claiming terrible and she called him out for coasting. I can see why she voted for Eager.
User avatar
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
User avatar
User avatar
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Posts: 3821
Joined: May 29, 2016

Post Post #1049 (ISO) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:03 am

Post by eagerSnake »

boring has experience on another site
Locked