Ace Attorney!

This forum is specifically for discussing non-Mafia games
(board, card, video, we're not picky)
Playing
such games should happen in the Mish Mash forum, of course.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #297 (isolation #0) » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:42 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Maybe little late, but I've been getting into the series, myself. Just finished the first one last night, started Justice For All. Now they're releasing more?

Are the Apollo Justice or Investigations games worthwhile? I imagine I'm going to finish the original trilogy, but is it worth pressing on after that, or should I switch to a new franchise?
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #302 (isolation #1) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:59 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

So I got really sick of Edgeworth and his finger wagging and his cocky smirk in the first game; I'm only two cases into the second game, but I'm glad he doesn't appear to be in it. I'd be happy to never see him again. Franziska Von Karma seems more interesting and more fun to defeat in court, though the whip is kinda annoying.
One time, back in 'nam, Sudo was set upon by an entire squadron of charlies. He challenged them all to a game of Pictionary, which he won resoundingly. The charlies were forced to not only surrender the skirmish, but also their world-famous chili recipe, which Sudo sold to Texas for a hefty profit. Sudo is a master of diplomacy.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #305 (isolation #2) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 5:52 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Seriously, though, why is Franziska allowed to bring a whip into the court room? I get that trials are ludicrously in favor of the prosecution and allow them to get away with things that the defense can't, and that might be fine if she only whipped Phoenix with it, but she frequently whips the Judge as well, at which point you'd think he'd order it confiscated or something.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #311 (isolation #3) » Fri Sep 09, 2016 9:55 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I've come up with a solution that I think will greatly improve the Ace Attorney series:

1) Pearl uses her spirit powers to channel Mia, thus bringing Mia back to the living world.
2) They stay that way forever.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #316 (isolation #4) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:13 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

More filler than the Circus case I just finished in JFA? That felt horrible. And I want to strangle whoever came up with that clown.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #321 (isolation #5) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 7:51 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I'm near what looks like the end of day one of the trial as I type, in fact. It's weird that they brought back Edgeworth as a super-prosecutor after he was the main antagonist of the first game, though. He was supposed to be the defeated rival, and he walks back in being condescending as hell at me again. I can't for the life of me explain why I like Franziska's curtsy so much, yet hate Edgeworth's finger wag. It's inexplicable.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #323 (isolation #6) » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:05 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Edgeworth was the main antagonist, though, since he's the prosecutor who opposes Wright for most of the first game, until 1-4 when Manfred takes over, and 1-5 when he spends most of it helping to tag-team
Gant
. The game certainly presents him as Phoenix's rival, and even if they end the game on better terms than they started, they aren't exactly braiding each other's hair, either. And it's unclear to me why they bring Edgeworth back now after introducing Franziska as the new rival, except that maybe they want him as a "Final Boss" style opponent. Which would be weird, since we've already beaten him in court three times.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #328 (isolation #7) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:20 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: 2-4 Spoilers
So I've only completed up to the first day of the trial. I feel like the whole "pin the crime on the witness by pointing out the frame job" thing has kinda backfired on me here. But if it's not Adrian Andrews or Matt Engarde, who the hell is it? The kidnapper guy? And why would somebody kidnap Maya to get an acquittal for Engarde if he's innocent? Can the Megatama be fooled?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #332 (isolation #8) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 5:59 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

how can opinions be real when our eyes aren't real
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #335 (isolation #9) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 9:01 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, why is everything in this game a Turnabout?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #339 (isolation #10) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

That's it! I've just decided who my favorite character is, pal!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #340 (isolation #11) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: 2-4
HOLY SHIT ENGARDE! HOLY SHIT! HOW DID HE LIE TO THE MAGATAMA? WHAT'S UP WITH HIS FACE? WHERE'D HE GET THAT BRANDY FROM?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #342 (isolation #12) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 7:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Spoiler: 2-4
Why am I interviewing a radio? This is silly. How is the radio making facial expressions.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #350 (isolation #13) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just started 3-2, and I instantly hate Luke Atmey. I hope he dies.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #359 (isolation #14) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:15 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

DID THIS MASK WEARING FUCK JUST THROW HIS GODDAMN COFFEE AT ME? THIS IS WORSE THAN THE WHIP!
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #381 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:50 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Just started 3-4. What's the deal with Terry Fawles' face? Is that ever explained?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #382 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Also, what the hell's the deal with Edgeworth's jacket in this?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #383 (isolation #17) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I just noticed that Edgeworth is copying Manfred's animations for a lot of his actions.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #387 (isolation #18) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:34 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I just figured out why they had to use an alternate judge for this trial.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #389 (isolation #19) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

What's this "Melissa Foster" bullshit? I am outraged that I can't call her on this.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #391 (isolation #20) » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:02 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

No, I know that I can't call her on it because Mia Fey doesn't know her yet. It still annoys me, though.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #394 (isolation #21) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And now with this Iris bullshit? Phoenix should know better! And why's her hair black?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #395 (isolation #22) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

And now I'm playing AS Edgeworth? What dark nightmare has this game wrought?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #397 (isolation #23) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Franziska's back! Why couldn't I have played as her instead of her dopey brother?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #400 (isolation #24) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:01 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Finished T&T last night; that was really good. Although I expected the final culprit would be
Dahlia and not Godot.

Started game 4; Phoenix looks really weird in this. The new spiky hair is alright, I guess, but ditching the blue suit for a red vest seems like an odd choice.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #409 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:10 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Phoenix talking to me directly weirds me out.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #415 (isolation #26) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:57 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Started one of the side games. Looks alright, but gameplay seems more adventure style than the previous games. Not sure I like the way Phoenix looks in this purple suit, though. And what happened to his hair spikes?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #418 (isolation #27) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:10 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

WHY IS CALLED PHOENIX WRIGHT THEN?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #420 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:18 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

In post 419, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 418, Sudo_Nym wrote:WHY IS CALLED PHOENIX WRIGHT THEN?
You're playing Investigations right?
Yeah. Phoenix is all British and gave up defending for prosecuting for some reason. I assume it'll get explained.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #422 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

No, Edgeworth is Phoenix's rival. It was the plot of the first three games, remember?
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #425 (isolation #30) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:30 pm

Post by Sudo_Nym »

I assume this guy with the pink shirt and the white jacket wearing a gold medal has to be Edgeworth. He seems pretty rivally to me.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #426 (isolation #31) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:19 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

For real though, Baby Franziska is adorable.
Sudo_Nym
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Sudo_Nym
Pseudo Newbie
Pseudo Newbie

Post Post #430 (isolation #32) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:40 am

Post by Sudo_Nym »

Phoenix seemed to have a massive personality shift in that game. In the orig trig, he seemed like he was the put-upon sane man, used by the universe as a punching bag. Then he stops being the main character, and he turns into a goofy poker playing chessmaster.

Return to “The Arcade”