Title Fairy: Killer App Edition (Swipe Right!)

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:21 am

Post by Kublai Khan »

Bossier than the old boss
?
Occasionally intellectually honest

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:24 am

Post by vonflare »

how about
Final boss
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
Nahdia
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Nahdia
They/Them
Scheherazade
Scheherazade
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Nahdia »

Like A Boss
we're all made of stories | remember to take your b12 | sign up for a GTKAS thread! (request access here)

"I’m going to harness love for epidemiological purposes."
-Zaphkael, 2020
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:29 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 1827, Nahdia wrote:
Like A Boss
this one
THIS POST IS PROVIDED "AS IS", WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:45 am

Post by InflatablePie »

Meet The New Khan
?

meh
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:53 am

Post by zakk »

how about since he's going back to the way he was back before

RetKhan

still has the terrible username pun and everything
permanently retired

see here for more info
Shadoweh
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Shadoweh
Idol Hands
Idol Hands

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:00 am

Post by Shadoweh »

In post 1823, Kublai Khan wrote:
In post 1821, Papa Zito wrote:what's a bbm
Big Beautiful Man?
I mean to be fair
I HATE YOU SO MUCH PLEASE GO JUMP INTO A FREEZING LAKE - Mr. Freeze
And this was like me realizing that you were a serial killer. - Hathor
"but I must declare my love to Edelgard here, i offer you the treasure I stole from Raphael, an idol LOL" - Shamir
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:13 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I'm uncomfortable
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
vonflare
vonflare
doot
vonflare
doot
doot

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:16 am

Post by vonflare »

In post 1832, Flameaxe wrote:I'm un
khan
fortable

ftfy
Flameaxe
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Flameaxe
Comma Police
Comma Police

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:17 am

Post by Flameaxe »

I'll allow it
Defined by who I dislike, not who I like~
Davsto
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Davsto
He/Him
Farce of Habit
Farce of Habit
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:18 am

Post by Davsto »

InflatablePie
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
InflatablePie
they / them
Accept When They Do
Accept When They Do
Pronoun: they / them

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by InflatablePie »

Nth ConManMick
title btw. I think that's five now?

I know drinking titles have been shot down before (e.g. singer) for not being unique but CMM has the third most posts in drunkposting if you don't count flaked or removed users (sapo, esurio, Axxle - the two above being UT and Majiffy) in the last year and a half. For a 5+ year thread, that's impressive.

Hell, I've barely interacted with the guy and the first thing to come to mind is "that user that's always in drunkposting".

Although I'd also like to suggest
PWI
as an alternative.
If you don't know how to lie, then how do you know when you're being lied to?

No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible.
zoraster
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
zoraster
He/Him
Disorganized Crime
Disorganized Crime

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:04 pm

Post by zoraster »

The whole point of giving him a new title is to get "khan" out of his title.
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1837, zoraster wrote:The whole point of giving him a new title is to get "khan" out of his title.
Khan't be done.

Though I legit laughed at Retkhan.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Kublai Khan
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Kublai Khan
Khan Man
Khan Man

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:17 pm

Post by Kublai Khan »

In post 1836, InflatablePie wrote:
Nth ConManMick
title btw. I think that's five now?

I know drinking titles have been shot down before (e.g. singer) for not being unique but CMM has the third most posts in drunkposting if you don't count flaked or removed users (sapo, esurio, Axxle - the two above being UT and Majiffy) in the last year and a half. For a 5+ year thread, that's impressive.

Hell, I've barely interacted with the guy and the first thing to come to mind is "that user that's always in drunkposting".

Although I'd also like to suggest
PWI
as an alternative.
Oh c'mon. It's pretty horrible.

There's not even a Scotch pun in there.

Black Lives Matter
Get vaccinated
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 4:25 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

Spoiler: Wherein I quote several title nominations that I think are poor, and restate other people's arguments expressing their displeasure at aforementioned title nominations but in my own words
In post 1837, zoraster wrote:The whole point of giving him a new title is to get "khan" out of his title.
Haven't people attempted to reference Kublai Khan's title as precedent for username-based titles so often that at this point, a Khan-based title would have the added plus of being self-referential towards Kublai Khan's title's propensity to serve as an example for people who want to push their username-based title agenda forward?

EDIT: I think I need to point out that I am not being entirely serious here.
This is probably a poor post overall.
I regret making it, but will leave it for the annals, and perhaps, future posters may learn from my mistakes, although that may be a dream that will never become reality.

EDIT2: On second thought, it may not be entirely preposterous for my original point to be a legitimate talking point when talking about the value of seriously nominating Kublai Khan for a Khan-based title. I'm reasonably certain that several titles have been born out of behavior related to the titling process and the titling thread, and this would be another example-- namely, subverting the near-universal belief that username titles are a poor idea, and giving the user that currently holds the prime example of a username title another username title.

EDIT3: I feel like I need to clarify that last thought. Ideally, a title should holistically relate to the nominee's presence and impact on site, and I do not believe that there is a lot of common ground between a title that bears the name of Khan and a title that is worthy of bearing the name of Khan. As such, although I will continue to read future discourse on these mostly frivolous Kublai Khan nominations, I will most likely not be contributing any input or support for said titles. As many people have previously said, it would be ideal if people did not have to comb through the unnecessarily large pile of aforementioned frivolity to find something that is worthy of actual title-based discussion.

EDIT4: Let's be real. This post is a complete fucking trainwreck. I really want to delete it.

EDIT5: It appears that I don't have the option to delete this post. Whether that is a consequence of me missing some sort of time window or never having that sort of power in the first place is of no great import. However, I will note that I do feel tempted to just replace the entirety of this post with some sort of content that would earn me the respect and approval of my peers-- perhaps, some insightful comment or maybe even some label that noted that the post that was previously edited out was in fact, insightful, but I did not want it shown for some particular reason. I've decided that I will settle for a compromise, and put this entire post in spoiler tags, and let the public know that what is inside the spoiler tag is not what most people would qualify as a "good post," and so if the user decides to click on the spoiler tag, it would be in part the responsibility of the user for bringing such displeasure upon themselves. This would partly absolve me of the responsibility for the exposure of this post, and I would be able to sleep more easily.

EDIT6: I realize now that titling the spoiler "definitely do not click on this" is going to motivate many to click on the spoiler. With that knowledge, I would still be morally responsible because I would actively and knowingly be making a decision that encourages people to click on the spoiler. After a few short moments brainstorming what would be the spoiler header that would discourage the greatest population from clicking on the spoiler, I arrived on some sort of statement pretending that this post was undesirable as well as uninteresting, while also detailing exactly what was inside the post. That way I would satiate the user's curiosity as well as let them know that this post is not something that they would want to click on. However, I also think that it shouldn't be too uninteresting, because that might make the user suspicious, and click on it anyway. It must be uninteresting, but unassumingly so. I arrived at the spoiler header you see now. I am claiming that this post is, in fact, me quoting "several title nominations that I think are poor, and [restating] other people's arguments expressing their displeasure at aforementioned title nominations but in my own words." This spoiler header conveys both that this post has nothing to add to the conversation, that this post is going to be unoriginal and have nothing of note, and as a result, it will hopefully ensure that a good number of users simply glaze over this post. I do ask that if you were one of the unlucky users to happen to have their interest piqued by the spoiler header, or perhaps you just open spoilers out of habit, please do not comment on it, for if it were to get buried that would mean that my mistake would fade away, noticed by as few as possible. I ask you, unlucky reader, to do this for me.

EDIT7: I do feel like I need to defend the validity of the original argument, and will cite this--
In post 1830, zakk wrote:still has the terrible username pun and everything
See? The "terrible username pun" is a crucial part of Kublai Khan's title identity (if, of course, he wishes it to be) and being self-referential towards that identity is something that the masses would eat up. The issue would be making the reference inherent in the title, which is most likely never going to be resolved.
But I'm not saying that someone is inevitably going to come up with another title that both the community and Kublai Khan himself can agree is ideal. All I'm saying is that this "terrible username pun" thing isn't a wash as far as discourse is concerned. That's all I'm saying. That's all I ever wanted to say. I don't know how it got so out of hand.
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided
Shaziro
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Shaziro
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Shaziro »

In post 1840, Errantparabola wrote:
Spoiler: Wherein I quote several title nominations that I think are poor, and restate other people's arguments expressing their displeasure at aforementioned title nominations but in my own words
Haven't people attempted to reference Kublai Khan's title as precedent for username-based titles so often that at this point, a Khan-based title would have the added plus of being self-referential towards Kublai Khan's title's propensity to serve as an example for people who want to push their username-based title agenda forward?

I regret making it, but will leave it for the annals, and perhaps, future posters may learn from my mistakes, although that may be a dream that will never become reality.

EDIT2: On second thought, it may not be entirely preposterous for my original point to be a legitimate talking point when talking about the value of seriously nominating Kublai Khan for a Khan-based title. I'm reasonably certain that several titles have been born out of behavior related to the titling process and the titling thread, and this would be another example-- namely, subverting the near-universal belief that username titles are a poor idea, and giving the user that currently holds the prime example of a username title another username title.

EDIT3: I feel like I need to clarify that last thought. Ideally, a title should holistically relate to the nominee's presence and impact on site, and I do not believe that there is a lot of common ground between a title that bears the name of Khan and a title that is worthy of bearing the name of Khan. As such, although I will continue to read future discourse on these mostly frivolous Kublai Khan nominations, I will most likely not be contributing any input or support for said titles. As many people have previously said, it would be ideal if people did not have to comb through the unnecessarily large pile of aforementioned frivolity to find something that is worthy of actual title-based discussion.

EDIT4: Let's be real. This post is a complete fucking trainwreck. I really want to delete it.

EDIT5: It appears that I don't have the option to delete this post. Whether that is a consequence of me missing some sort of time window or never having that sort of power in the first place is of no great import. However, I will note that I do feel tempted to just replace the entirety of this post with some sort of content that would earn me the respect and approval of my peers-- perhaps, some insightful comment or maybe even some label that noted that the post that was previously edited out was in fact, insightful, but I did not want it shown for some particular reason. I've decided that I will settle for a compromise, and put this entire post in spoiler tags, and let the public know that what is inside the spoiler tag is not what most people would qualify as a "good post," and so if the user decides to click on the spoiler tag, it would be in part the responsibility of the user for bringing such displeasure upon themselves. This would partly absolve me of the responsibility for the exposure of this post, and I would be able to sleep more easily.

EDIT6: I realize now that titling the spoiler "definitely do not click on this" is going to motivate many to click on the spoiler. With that knowledge, I would still be morally responsible because I would actively and knowingly be making a decision that encourages people to click on the spoiler. After a few short moments brainstorming what would be the spoiler header that would discourage the greatest population from clicking on the spoiler, I arrived on some sort of statement pretending that this post was undesirable as well as uninteresting, while also detailing exactly what was inside the post. That way I would satiate the user's curiosity as well as let them know that this post is not something that they would want to click on. However, I also think that it shouldn't be too uninteresting, because that might make the user suspicious, and click on it anyway. It must be uninteresting, but unassumingly so. I arrived at the spoiler header you see now. I am claiming that this post is, in fact, me quoting "several title nominations that I think are poor, and [restating] other people's arguments expressing their displeasure at aforementioned title nominations but in my own words." This spoiler header conveys both that this post has nothing to add to the conversation, that this post is going to be unoriginal and have nothing of note, and as a result, it will hopefully ensure that a good number of users simply glaze over this post. I do ask that if you were one of the unlucky users to happen to have their interest piqued by the spoiler header, or perhaps you just open spoilers out of habit, please do not comment on it, for if it were to get buried that would mean that my mistake would fade away, noticed by as few as possible. I ask you, unlucky reader, to do this for me.

EDIT7: I do feel like I need to defend the validity of the original argument, and will cite this--
See? The "terrible username pun" is a crucial part of Kublai Khan's title identity (if, of course, he wishes it to be) and being self-referential towards that identity is something that the masses would eat up. The issue would be making the reference inherent in the title, which is most likely never going to be resolved.
But I'm not saying that someone is inevitably going to come up with another title that both the community and Kublai Khan himself can agree is ideal. All I'm saying is that this "terrible username pun" thing isn't a wash as far as discourse is concerned. That's all I'm saying. That's all I ever wanted to say. I don't know how it got so out of hand.
Too long, read every last bit of it and then decided to deny your one request.
McMenno
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
McMenno
they/them
One For Aren't-We-All
One For Aren't-We-All
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 9:04 pm

Post by McMenno »

did I hear the word shitposting

insert apt metaphor here
Not Chara
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Not Chara
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:04 am

Post by Not Chara »

In post 1840, Errantparabola wrote:

comedy isn't dead. good job.
"You're the oddest juxtaposition of reasonable and unreasonable I've ever seen."
---- Papa Zito
it's me, . avatar by
bente
Psyche
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Psyche
he/they
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:14 am

Post by Psyche »

low benefits for effort used
Killthestory
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Killthestory
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:17 pm

Post by Killthestory »

idk i thought it was pretty funny

i thought this thread was funnier when people were super passive aggressive to each other and it led to actually ok title nomms lol.

im gonna go be productive now tho
zakk
zakk
Jack of All Trades
zakk
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:38 pm

Post by zakk »

Khan change your title to PredaKhan and your icon to this

Spoiler:
because

Kublai Khan
Predacon
Megatron

ok i'll take my nerdness elsewhere
permanently retired

see here for more info
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:44 pm

Post by Aristophanes »

Is it in bad taste to advertise a nom in a different thread? Like, if I were to mention it in N the Drunkposting thread, would that go against the customs here?

I know a lot of people there adore CMM's posts and I think it fair that they get a chance to say so, but I wouldn't want to break any rules.

On the bright side though, it may allow for an influx of creativity if it isn't the same 10* people posting all the time. New blood could be good here!

*10 was an arbitrary number chosen to prove my point. It is not based on any empirical data.
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
ConManMick
ConManMick
Dear Derry
ConManMick
Dear Derry
Dear Derry

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 1:56 pm

Post by ConManMick »

It should be 13 cos that's prime
"As everyone knows there is a special guardian angel for drunkards and lovers"
- Alexandre Dumas
TÁL
Errantparabola
Errantparabola
Composed.
Errantparabola
Composed.
Composed.

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 6:49 pm

Post by Errantparabola »

that post was not completely sincere, but it is likely a lot more sincere that you might think it is at first glance
did another ms user do something lovely? recognize their achievements here!

Today's modern mafia consumer demands dozens, nay, hundreds of roles that are vanilla cops.
--implosion
provided

Return to “Player Titles”