podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1450 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:14 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.35
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

eagerSnake
(5): Shadow_step, boring, PenguinPower, Dierfire, Prism
boring
(3): MariaR, implosion, nn30
Shadow_step
(2): Lil Uzi Vert, Gamma Emerald

Not Voting
(3): Zoronos, Grendel, eagerSnake

V/LA
: none

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
Last edited by podoboq on Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1451 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:14 am

Post by eagerSnake »

What about nolynch?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1452 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:57 am

Post by boring »

In post 1437, Zoronos wrote:@Boring - You didn't answer the question I posed last night. The short version was "Who is your best non-Eager scum read, if you want you can assume Eager is scum for the sake of this exercise."
In post 1444, MariaR wrote: Hm I see your point but I don't see any other better lynches then LUV and that clearly isn't happening
I would like to lynch eager today, but if it's absolutely not going to happen, I'd be willing to settle for LUV. He's the most probable scum when I look outside the CC-related wagons. By that, I mean it seems like regardless of eager's flip, LUV could be scum. I admit that part of my reasoning is that he keeps trying to push S_s, which is making zero sense to me. That, and his eagerness to accept bizarre theories just to keep the S_s suspicions going.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1453 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1451, eagerSnake wrote:What about nolynch?
So, rather than lynching scum (or at the very least learning from a town flip), you're suggesting we give them a free night kill, and start this mess up again tomorrow? We're better off lynching today. Even if it turns out to be me (though I'd hardly call that "plan A").
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1454 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

At least the PRs will get to do some work. It's like an informed nightstart
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1455 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:11 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

But yeah I think you're scum even more after that last post

VOTE: boring
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1456 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 1455, eagerSnake wrote:But yeah I think you're scum even more after that last post

I only recently learned this myself. I'm going to assume you don't know it (though I plan to read through your old games for no lynch discussions now).

No lynches in games with odd numbers of people give an advantage to scum. Assuming lynches don't hit scum for the rest of the game we'll get to LYLO with one less total lynch attempt than if we had just lynched on day one.

Games with even numbers of people don't have this problem. The impact of a no lynch with an even numbered game does not "steal" a lynch from town.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:09 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1456, nn30 wrote:
In post 1455, eagerSnake wrote:But yeah I think you're scum even more after that last post

I only recently learned this myself. I'm going to assume you don't know it (though I plan to read through your old games for no lynch discussions now).

No lynches in games with odd numbers of people give an advantage to scum. Assuming lynches don't hit scum for the rest of the game we'll get to LYLO with one less total lynch attempt than if we had just lynched on day one.

Games with even numbers of people don't have this problem. The impact of a no lynch with an even numbered game does not "steal" a lynch from town.
Precisely.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1458 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:19 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

Can we please lynch this?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1459 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:30 pm

Post by Zoronos »

Aggghhhhh
Come the fuck on. This is like newbie scum 101. It's like someone shouting I AM THE SCUM, which nobody sane would do.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1460 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:35 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 1452, boring wrote:
In post 1437, Zoronos wrote:@Boring - You didn't answer the question I posed last night. The short version was "Who is your best non-Eager scum read, if you want you can assume Eager is scum for the sake of this exercise."
In post 1444, MariaR wrote: Hm I see your point but I don't see any other better lynches then LUV and that clearly isn't happening
I would like to lynch eager today, but if it's absolutely not going to happen, I'd be willing to settle for LUV. He's the most probable scum when I look outside the CC-related wagons. By that, I mean it seems like regardless of eager's flip, LUV could be scum. I admit that part of my reasoning is that he keeps trying to push S_s, which is making zero sense to me. That, and his eagerness to accept bizarre theories just to keep the S_s suspicions going.
This is kinda reasonable...
Talk to me some more about his contributions. I am going to ignore last night's "wtf is this" bullshit-a-thon for this purpose. Those posts were bad and dumb we both agree, talk to me about his posts from before then.

Also, which alignment do you think is more likely to go off on crazy conspiracy theories, town or scum?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1461 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1452, boring wrote:
My fault buddy.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1462 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:00 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Yeah, Eager's no lynch request looks bad.
VOTE: Eager
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1463 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:01 pm

Post by implosion »

Zoronos wrote:Now, on Implosion. He's been thin all game; that is, my general impression is that he doesn't do a lot to try and steer the conversation. He comments on this, but doesn't push. I am suspicious of anyone willing to just float along.
I think this is fair, but is typical of me on d1. It's relatively rare for me to get a scumread on d1 that I'm confident enough on to want to try to steer the conversation. Much more common is for me to get a townread that I'm confident enough to try to steer the conversation on, which you can probably see is the case with eager and to some extent shadow.

I have a similar opinion wrt eager's mention of nolynching as a possibility as those who have weighed in, it really just doesn't make any sense at all. It could be a scum ploy but why the hell would he do it as scum, but also why the hell would he say it as town, etc. Not ultimately super meaningful I think.

On the other hand, I hate to beat a dead horse of almost-everything-boring-says-sounds-scummy but I really dislike boring's reaction... again.
boring wrote:So, rather than lynching scum (or at the very least learning from a town flip), you're suggesting we give them a free night kill, and start this mess up again tomorrow? We're better off lynching today. Even if it turns out to be me (though I'd hardly call that "plan A").
This is such an incredibly tepid response for someone who has been pushing eager so consistently since shadow claimed. Compare penguin's reaction, and Zoronos's reaction, and even nn who remarks that it's worth looking at his old games based on this. boring's reaction just reeks of scum who doesn't know how people are going to react and wants to test the waters before committing to saying something like "oh my god, only scum would possibly suggest a no lynch, can we please lynch him already." Which I would expect from town-boring here (obviously not in those words but etc).

That paragraph from boring does not read like town talking to their top scumread. It does not read like town with a strong investment in lynching the person they are talking to. I could buy it as town talking to someone that they're trying to make up their mind on. But I can't buy it as town talking to their top scumread. It just sounds like detached, rehearsed advice.
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1464 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

In post 1462, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah, Eager's no lynch request looks bad.
I didn't even vote no lynch I'm just fielding it as an idea because we have 2 claimed ascetics which means pr's have a better idea of who to target
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1465 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:09 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1464, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 1462, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah, Eager's no lynch request looks bad.
I didn't even vote no lynch I'm just fielding it as an idea because we have 2 claimed ascetics which means pr's have a better idea of who to target
I'm certain PRs will have an even better idea with a flip.
<Embrace The Void>

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1466 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:15 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Not really because half of the player list already realizes I'm town
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:18 pm

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 1.36
LynchingWith 13 votes in play, it takes 7 to lynch.

eagerSnake
(6): Shadow_step, boring, PenguinPower, Dierfire, Prism, Gamma Emerald
boring
(4): MariaR, implosion, nn30, eagerSnake
Shadow_step
(1): Lil Uzi Vert

Not Voting
(2): Zoronos, Grendel

V/LA
: none

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
Last edited by podoboq on Fri Oct 14, 2016 6:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by podoboq »

Grendel has been prodded
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

BTW I'm at L-1 so you might want to get your votes off me
eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1470 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:25 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Gamma why didn't you announce L-1?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1471 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Cuz I forgot.
L-1
<Embrace The Void>

eagerSnake
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1472 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:26 pm

Post by eagerSnake »

Oh yeah, you forgot yeah right
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1473 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:28 pm

Post by nn30 »

In post 1463, implosion wrote:
Zoronos wrote:Now, on Implosion. He's been thin all game; that is, my general impression is that he doesn't do a lot to try and steer the conversation. He comments on this, but doesn't push. I am suspicious of anyone willing to just float along.
I think this is fair, but is typical of me on d1. It's relatively rare for me to get a scumread on d1 that I'm confident enough on to want to try to steer the conversation. Much more common is for me to get a townread that I'm confident enough to try to steer the conversation on, which you can probably see is the case with eager and to some extent shadow.

I have a similar opinion wrt eager's mention of nolynching as a possibility as those who have weighed in, it really just doesn't make any sense at all. It could be a scum ploy but why the hell would he do it as scum, but also why the hell would he say it as town, etc. Not ultimately super meaningful I think.

On the other hand, I hate to beat a dead horse of almost-everything-boring-says-sounds-scummy but I really dislike boring's reaction... again.
boring wrote:So, rather than lynching scum (or at the very least learning from a town flip), you're suggesting we give them a free night kill, and start this mess up again tomorrow? We're better off lynching today. Even if it turns out to be me (though I'd hardly call that "plan A").
This is such an incredibly tepid response for someone who has been pushing eager so consistently since shadow claimed. Compare penguin's reaction, and Zoronos's reaction, and even nn who remarks that it's worth looking at his old games based on this. boring's reaction just reeks of scum who doesn't know how people are going to react and wants to test the waters before committing to saying something like "oh my god, only scum would possibly suggest a no lynch, can we please lynch him already." Which I would expect from town-boring here (obviously not in those words but etc).

That paragraph from boring does not read like town talking to their top scumread. It does not read like town with a strong investment in lynching the person they are talking to. I could buy it as town talking to someone that they're trying to make up their mind on. But I can't buy it as town talking to their top scumread. It just sounds like detached, rehearsed advice.
Agreed on the Boring thoughts. My vote stays where it is rn.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1474 (ISO) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:29 pm

Post by Prism »

If Eager flips scum Gamma is going next.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”