Mini Normal #1838 - Game Over

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1475  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:32 pm

In post 1474, Prism wrote:If Eager flips scum Gamma is going next.


Why?

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1476  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:33 pm

Just checked all of Eager's finished games. At no point does he say the phrase "no lynch."

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1477  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:35 pm

LUV is unlikely to be scum, I know his play is terrible but that's more likely to come from VI. Scum have day chat.
Best course of action would be to bus eager.
I still think it's PP/GE/Eager.
Eager attacked boring but not PP(might be wrong on this have to cross check) for starughtaway jumping in his wagon after my CC.
Show

Prism
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015

Post Post #1478  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:36 pm

In post 1475, nn30 wrote:Why?
Might be a bit preemptive but that was more an instinctual reaction to seeing the L-1 back and forth which came off very forced from both sides, combined with Gamma hopping on/off Eager like his vote was a pogo stick.

I'm still rereading him when I have the chance.

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1479  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:37 pm

nn can you hammer then? I'm dying to see that red flip.
Show

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1480  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:39 pm

I was hoping to find Eager waxing poetic about the ills of no lynches so that my job would be easy.

I did not find this.

I still think Boring is a better hammer today.

Grendel
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: March 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1481  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:39 pm

In post 1468, podoboq wrote:Grendel has been prodded

Sorry for the absence. :oops:

I will be able to catch up tomorrow.

I would do it right now, but I'm operating on less then four huors of sleep.

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1482  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:40 pm

I will get killed tonight, remember what I said about [boring, nn, Grendel, zoro, dier] all being town. Shouldn't be lynched and no need to waste night actions on them.
Eliminate LUV from that because of how he keeps scum reading me, its terrible scum play.
Eager's buddies are among the rest.
Show

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1483  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:41 pm

@Grendel hammer away, you can catch up at night.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1484  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:42 pm

In post 1477, Shadow_step wrote:LUV is unlikely to be scum, I know his play is terrible but that's more likely to come from VI. Scum have day chat.
Best course of action would be to bus eager.
I still think it's PP/GE/Eager.
Eager attacked boring but not PP(might be wrong on this have to cross check) for starughtaway jumping in his wagon after my CC.

You are dense if you think scum would be that obvious.
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1485  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:49 pm

@Shadow - I don't know where you got the idea you'd die tonight?

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1486  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:50 pm

In post 1472, eagerSnake wrote:Oh yeah, you forgot yeah right

Dude, VC is right there, even though I forgot it's really f'in obvious.
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1487  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:53 pm

In post 1460, Zoronos wrote:
In post 1452, boring wrote:
In post 1437, Zoronos wrote:@Boring - You didn't answer the question I posed last night. The short version was "Who is your best non-Eager scum read, if you want you can assume Eager is scum for the sake of this exercise."

In post 1444, MariaR wrote:Hm I see your point but I don't see any other better lynches then LUV and that clearly isn't happening


I would like to lynch eager today, but if it's absolutely not going to happen, I'd be willing to settle for LUV. He's the most probable scum when I look outside the CC-related wagons. By that, I mean it seems like regardless of eager's flip, LUV could be scum. I admit that part of my reasoning is that he keeps trying to push S_s, which is making zero sense to me. That, and his eagerness to accept bizarre theories just to keep the S_s suspicions going.


This is kinda reasonable...
Talk to me some more about his contributions. I am going to ignore last night's "wtf is this" bullshit-a-thon for this purpose. Those posts were bad and dumb we both agree, talk to me about his posts from before then.

Also, which alignment do you think is more likely to go off on crazy conspiracy theories, town or scum?


I think LUV has been lurky, beetlegeuse-ish, and unoriginal throughout the game. It's really easy to float to day 1 or day 2 in order to give your teammates something to bus, and that matches his behavior. When he was getting heat, he basically disappeared until people moved onto someone else.

As far as who is more likely to come up with (and follow) crazy theories, I think it's pretty individual. Some people have wild imaginations and are prone to conspiracy. Some people aren't. I can see such a person coming up with something crazy as town or scum (perhaps more likely as town, but how would they know it's crazy as scum if they think it's perfectly sane when they're town). I think scum (or insanely conf.biased town) is more likely to pretend to buy into someone else's crazy theory hoping it'll stick.

In post 1463, implosion wrote:On the other hand, I hate to beat a dead horse of almost-everything-boring-says-sounds-scummy but I really dislike boring's reaction... again.

boring wrote:So, rather than lynching scum (or at the very least learning from a town flip), you're suggesting we give them a free night kill, and start this mess up again tomorrow? We're better off lynching today. Even if it turns out to be me (though I'd hardly call that "plan A").

This is such an incredibly tepid response for someone who has been pushing eager so consistently since shadow claimed. Compare penguin's reaction, and Zoronos's reaction, and even nn who remarks that it's worth looking at his old games based on this. boring's reaction just reeks of scum who doesn't know how people are going to react and wants to test the waters before committing to saying something like "oh my god, only scum would possibly suggest a no lynch, can we please lynch him already." Which I would expect from town-boring here (obviously not in those words but etc).

That paragraph from boring does not read like town talking to their top scumread. It does not read like town with a strong investment in lynching the person they are talking to. I could buy it as town talking to someone that they're trying to make up their mind on. But I can't buy it as town talking to their top scumread. It just sounds like detached, rehearsed advice.

So... Your problem is that I'm not throwing a temper-tantrum right now? I don't know about you, but I can only fire all thrusters for so long.

It's been days, and eager isn't lynched yet. I've not had a whole lot of time for this game, but unless I'm mistaken, this CC situation has been analyzed, in depth. I'm not the only person on his wagon, why does its push rest entirely on my shoulders?

Why should I have to use your preferred wording to make my point about his awful no-lynch idea? I made it pretty clear I found his idea scummy and that any lynch was preferable to none.

It's more than a little irritating, by the way, that you give a whole paragraph on how you do you. Apparently, you don't develop strong reads day 1 (which is generally viewed as scummy), and then segue into how my approach to in-game conversation is too civil, and therefore scum.

There are more than one scum in the game, and we don't have to stand still while we're waiting for the undecided to sift through the very ample material and decide.

But don't worry. Next time eager posts, I'm sure it'll be yet another scummy line. If I'm around, I'll be sure to maintain sub-optimal wording.

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1488  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:55 pm

@nn30, confirmed town and PRs are primary NK targets for obvious reasons. Since S_s is conf. town, he's on the chopping block.

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1489  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 9:58 pm

In post 1487, boring wrote:As far as who is more likely to come up with (and follow) crazy theories, I think it's pretty individual. Some people have wild imaginations and are prone to conspiracy. Some people aren't. I can see such a person coming up with something crazy as town or scum (perhaps more likely as town, but how would they know it's crazy as scum if they think it's perfectly sane when they're town). I think scum (or insanely conf.biased town) is more likely to pretend to buy into someone else's crazy theory hoping it'll stick.

What I get from this is you scumread LUV for following my moon logic?
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

boring
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1490  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:05 pm

In post 1489, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1487, boring wrote:As far as who is more likely to come up with (and follow) crazy theories, I think it's pretty individual. Some people have wild imaginations and are prone to conspiracy. Some people aren't. I can see such a person coming up with something crazy as town or scum (perhaps more likely as town, but how would they know it's crazy as scum if they think it's perfectly sane when they're town). I think scum (or insanely conf.biased town) is more likely to pretend to buy into someone else's crazy theory hoping it'll stick.

What I get from this is you scumread LUV for following my moon logic?

It's not the source of my read, it's just another tile in the mosaic.

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1491  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:10 pm

In post 1485, nn30 wrote:@Shadow - I don't know where you got the idea you'd die tonight?


I'm 100% confident of eager red flip plus in my reads. I will be conf town after this and scum will kill me obviously.
Show

eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1492  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:16 pm

You should all remember to do VC analysis based on what I posted earlier after flips. Anything after what I posted is moot bc scum are aware their votes are being checked

eagerSnake
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 29, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1493  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:18 pm

Claim: town ascetic

Losing me is better than losing a vanilla townie

Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: May 12, 2016
Location: 221B, Baker Street
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1494  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Bla bla bla you might as well self hammer, all this extra time to discuss is not good for your buddies.
Show

Gamma Emerald
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Location: The Sea Kingdom
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1495  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:19 pm

In post 1493, eagerSnake wrote:Claim: town ascetic

Losing me is better than losing a vanilla townie

Wait so you claim vanilla? OK.
Get to know an Emerald! Stop by sometime, would you kindly? ♪

"Will you be my ally, or do you long for death?"

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1496  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:21 pm

In post 1491, Shadow_step wrote:
In post 1485, nn30 wrote:@Shadow - I don't know where you got the idea you'd die tonight?


I'm 100% confident of eager red flip plus in my reads. I will be conf town after this and scum will kill me obviously.


If I hammer, and you're wrong, can I have your word that you'll hop on the Boring train tomorrow?

Reasons to do this:

If Eager turns out to be town, and you're town (by your own knowledge at least), then Boring's play has to feel super hinky. She dropped Snake from her 2nd to top town read on a whim. She believed your CC with no questions asked. Seems like she took the opportunity to get a D1 ML and ran with it.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1497  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:22 pm

[quote="In post 1492, eagerSnake"][/quote]

When specifically should we look before, for clarity sake.

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1498  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:37 pm

In post 1496, nn30 wrote:If I hammer, and you're wrong, can I have your word that you'll hop on the Boring train tomorrow?

Reasons to do this:

If Eager turns out to be town, and you're town (by your own knowledge at least), then Boring's play has to feel super hinky. She dropped Snake from her 2nd to top town read on a whim. She believed your CC with no questions asked. Seems like she took the opportunity to get a D1 ML and ran with it.


This is bad play. Even as someone suspicious of Boring, lining up lynches is bad.

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1499  (ISO)  » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:38 pm

Yes, I'm debating whether I want to hammer Eager or not, thanks for asking. I am trying to make up my mind. His play doesn't comport with rational scum strategy, but he's useless and I wouldn't mind him gone soooo.... deciding.

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games