boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1 (isolation #0) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 5:58 am

Post by boring »

Okay guys, this my 4th game on MS, and my 4th scum draw. At some point, people are going to develop a "lynch boring" policy...

Thank smeg for daytalk, though.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5 (isolation #1) » Tue Oct 04, 2016 11:33 am

Post by boring »

I don't know about you, but I find playing scum to be a pretty personal thing. Like, I've been mildly successful so far, but what I've done might not work for you.

Here's what I've learned so far:

1) Don't panic. We're naturally going to see the flaws in our own and our teammate's play because we know we're scum. Even if a townie hits the nail on the head, it may just be a lucky guess, or they may be ignored, discredited, etc. Also, most townies don't properly research past days' content. So once it's buried, it usually stays buried.
2) Pretending to be town doesn't mean doing what you'd do as town. Your lies should be as truthful as possible so you don't get cornered, but you've still gotta mislead.
3) Misdirect your associations. Find a town to softly buddy. When you need to distance from scum team, form your case so that it looks like you mean it, but has big enough flaws for some townie to pick apart on both your behalf.
4) CYA. Fact check the thread in general, and your own ISO before you do or say something risky. That way, the few who might dig through ISOs can't blindside you.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #2) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:04 am

Post by boring »

so... any news from Slandaar?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #3) » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:59 am

Post by boring »

Thank you!

Also, is it possible for me to conduct the NK and use Neapolitan? Or am I restricted to choosing between them.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #13 (isolation #4) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:08 am

Post by boring »

I know you two aren't super fond of playing scum, but let's try to get through Day 1 with little or no scuff marks. Then if we need to bus to place one or two of us to boost our town cred, we can without being accused of bussing.
Last edited by podoboq on Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #14 (isolation #5) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 6:18 am

Post by boring »

I think we have to kill eagerSnake tonight. A confirmed town is pointless Day1, but Day2 and beyond are a different story.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #16 (isolation #6) » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:21 pm

Post by boring »

I think you did a good job. That's the benefit of early heat: they'll have gotten over you before anyone's really comfortable with the idea of going through with a lynch. After all, what can be more boring than sitting on the same scum read for two weeks?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #18 (isolation #7) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 3:37 pm

Post by boring »

thank you!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #20 (isolation #8) » Fri Oct 07, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by boring »

awesome. thank you for joining!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #23 (isolation #9) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 11:45 am

Post by boring »

I was a little shocked no one said anything either. But meh, there are a lot of egos in this game. Big egos are vulnerable to buddying.

I'd like to ride my "Gamma's protector" act a little further. He really is lynchbait, but he's got an uncanny knack for making it to MYLO/LYLO. So I can either bitch about his wagon and look credible when he flips. or have a buddy when things get tighter.

I do have a consistent issue with my scum play, though. People gut-read me as scum, and then rationalize their way out of it with my content. It seems like most people here are newish, so they'll try to appear rational as much as possible, but if we get too many people content to follow their gut remaining toward the end, I'm gonna have to be bussed.

I'll try to buddy a "logical" player as we go, though.

Prism and LUV, how are you at LYLO as scum? We may need a hero.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #25 (isolation #10) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:43 pm

Post by boring »

I just noticed that this appears to be an all-newbie game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #26 (isolation #11) » Sun Oct 09, 2016 4:52 pm

Post by boring »

Thank fucking smeg for Shadow_step.

@podobodoboboq - all these Ascetics and you made me a Neapolitan? You're a little evil, you know that?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #31 (isolation #12) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:41 am

Post by boring »

The thing is, distancing is also expected. You have to ride the line.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #32 (isolation #13) » Mon Oct 10, 2016 2:42 am

Post by boring »

If I get to L-1, you guys think I should claim Neapolitan?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #36 (isolation #14) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:42 pm

Post by boring »

Never give up, never surrender. When you're backed into a corner is the time to start spinning. That's why you leave little seeds of lies along the way, so you have something to latch onto when you need it. The hardest thing here, is that no one in town wants to take the lead. No one is standing out as a rational leader or a gut leader. I staked out both ES and SS as possibilities, but SS proved himself useful first.

Slog through the mess and the wagons, and remember that only we KNOW who the scum are. Everyone is just guessing. If you can make them doubt, you're still in it.

I'm not saying I'm perfect. I was telling the truth in that my join date here was the day I signed up to join my first game of mafia (I hadn't realized the game existed before, which makes me sad). I still make enormous newbie mistakes (like not realizing that it's best practice for town to announce ascetic right away). So bus if you must, but I think we can win this with some luck and hard work.

Also, Prism, do you think you can find a solid excuse to vote snake again?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #38 (isolation #15) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:46 pm

Post by boring »

Do what you think is best. I might be losing this after all. Though I'm not kidding about nn30 totally ignoring stuff. I wish I had more spare time this game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #39 (isolation #16) » Tue Oct 11, 2016 2:50 pm

Post by boring »

if it won't look too obvious that we're buddies, can someone point out to nn30 that I'm on V/LA?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #43 (isolation #17) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:11 am

Post by boring »

In post 41, Prism wrote:I'm going to hammer sit, I do not think at all that we can afford to lose you Day 1 but I can't afford to do much more rallying. If Eager does wind up lynched, though, I want to be the one to hammer it.

Given what you said here:
I think we've had quite enough role claims for Day 1, but suffice it to say that I find it very, very unlikely that we have two ascetics. That is, unless the mod is a sadist. I also think it would be absolutely pointless for there to be a mafia ascetic. That is, unless things are far more complex than they appear from my point of view.
it'll be difficult to sell a Neopolitan claim. I'd start shopping around for a role that would make you doubt two ascetics would be in play.
I assumed Neapolitan would do that pretty well. After all, it wouldn't make any sense for there to be a Neo with two town ascetics. I was going to ramble about how giving a Neo role to town when there are two ascetics would be so crippling, that there's no way to justify a scum day-chat.

My biggest worry, though, is that someone will claim a stronger investigative role, like cop, and blow me out of the water with the Neo.

What do you think of a Motion Detector claim? If it comes down to it? I doubt I'll live to see Day 3, so at this point, my best chance is to stir things up, right? That is, if my schedule lets up.

By the way, do you think it's necessary to pretend to go after LUV at this point? We don't want it to look like you're trying to rescue me.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #46 (isolation #18) » Wed Oct 12, 2016 2:43 pm

Post by boring »

In post 44, Prism wrote:Problem with the neopolitan claim is that you explicitly said "I think it would be pointless for there to be a mafia ascetic" when one town one mafia would make a lot of sense were you Neopolitan. They can't both be mafia-either they're both town or one is mafia. Two town plus a town neopolitan is what makes little sense. Motion Detector can work, there's a lot of them.

If a stronger investigative role counterclaims you that'd be one of the best case scenarios we could get out of it I think. Claiming is your last resort-at that point we're taking what we can get.
By the way, do you think it's necessary to pretend to go after LUV at this point? We don't want it to look like you're trying to rescue me.
I'm not going to do it too much but it's basically my gift to LUV in the event I go down with you. Me pressuring the third scum won't really seem very likely. As far as reducing my own chance of being lynched for trying to rescue you, I'm already very far down that rabbit hole with the eager vote+implosion push. If I get lynched for it it's going to happen anyway.
By the way, you've beautifully illustrated why I shouldn't be trying anything fancy so new to mafia. I don't even know all the dynamics yet. I just get impatient, and like to speed up my learning curve as much as possible, so rather than sticking with what's worked in past games, I throw it all out and try something entirely new. I apologize that it's hurting our game.

But Prism, I don't think you're at risk at all right now. At all. You'll have the best chance of the three of us to get to LYLO. I'd say, feel free to butcher us if you think you can use it to win some strong town-cred.
In post 45, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Anything not vanilla townie seems risky to me but that's just gut talking.

They have it out for you and while I can see how they're suspicious of you it isn't really enough to have you at almost L-1. Bussing me might be the best bet to get the heat off.
Luckily, the softing was utterly ignored. I'll only claim if I'm about to be lynched as a last resort. Seriously, if I make it to Day 3, it will be an absolute miracle.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #48 (isolation #19) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 11:44 am

Post by boring »

^^ Gotcha

Okay guys, I'll leave this up to you: I've gotten crazy busy at work lately. These last few days' activity level is going to be my norm/maximum. Possibly for months.

If you two think that's okay, I'll keep plugging away, and this will just be my last game for a while. If you think it's a hinderance, or if you think you can get a better shake with a new sub-in, I'll start my sabbatical early. It's up to you (I won't be offended if you'd like to replace me).
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #50 (isolation #20) » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:02 pm

Post by boring »

Okay, I'll stay if I can. I'm trying to help LUV out, since he's vaguely suspect. When eager flips I'm almost guaranteed to be a wagon tomorrow. The only thing on my side will be the fact that I'll be early suspect and no one likes lynching in the first half of a Day. If someone else fucks up enough to cause distraction, we may buy our whole team into D3.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #21) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 10:25 am

Post by boring »

We're in some trouble. I'll be shocked if the wagons tomorrow aren't me and LUV. Regardless, we need a plan, and we'll need to utilize this thread better.

I think we should kill Shadow_step, and Neo Implosion or nn30. What do you think?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #56 (isolation #22) » Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by boring »

Fair enough. She also threatened to power tunnel Dierfire if eager flips green. Someone not-me should point that out when they first implicate either me or LUV over her death.

I think implosion has a few detractors, but I think he'll be given more credit tomorrow. We need to undermine his and nn30's credibility. I don't think it would be too hard in a rational-heavy game, at least I can handle rationals most of the time (like zoronos and dierfire). The people who gut read and conf. bias to support (like implosion, shadow, and nn30) are popular with the pure guts like mariar, penguin, gamma, and ... actually, I can't quite tell where grendel falls. He seems to have a good balance, which makes his manipulation potential unpredictable.

Anyway, if we can reduce their charisma with the low-post-volume gut readers, we stand a better chance.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #23) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 1:14 am

Post by boring »

Okay, let's do what we can to keep our little team together through tomorrow too.

I'd suggest that Prism do the NK, since he's least likely to be monitored tonight. I'll neo implosion.

@mod, do we need to PM you, or can we just confirm our actions here in bold?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #60 (isolation #24) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:51 am

Post by boring »

[b}Neo Implosion[/b]

.. LUV, do you agree on MariaR?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #61 (isolation #25) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 7:52 am

Post by boring »

In post 60, boring wrote:
Neo Implosion

.. LUV, do you agree on MariaR?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #69 (isolation #26) » Sat Oct 15, 2016 3:24 pm

Post by boring »

That's perfect, thank you.
You're doing an awesome job modding, by the way. This game is fun and interesting.

... now, if only I could suck a little less.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #72 (isolation #27) » Sun Oct 16, 2016 5:51 am

Post by boring »

Wow Prism, you made a brilliant call killing MariaR and keeping Shadow. He jumped straight to the conclusion I was hoping people would make. He's also pushing implosion, whom you were pushing earlier. It's kind of fallen neatly into place.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #73 (isolation #28) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:24 am

Post by boring »

I find myself defaulting back to the same behavior every game, and I just can't help myself. I'll probably make one "earnest" push on LUV and work in a big enough flaw for either of you two to publicly counter. Hoping to produce it tonight/tomorrow morning.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #74 (isolation #29) » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:50 am

Post by boring »

Nevermind, I got it together now. Oh my gerdness, LUV, your ISO looks really bad.

I'm going to put it together in a spoiler and call you out for suddenly flipping on eager. All you'd have to do is quote an argument or two from others in the thread that convinced you to change your mind, and match it up with your final explanation where you attempted to justify the switch.

It should be good enough to settle down those who weren't planning to vote you in the first place.

I'll probably question you once further on your response, and hopefully by then, PP or implosion will take off, and I can "get distracted".
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #76 (isolation #30) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:56 am

Post by boring »

Well, my hope was that if I go through the ISO (and do a piss-poor job of reaming you over it), it'll be tossed into the "done" pile for town, and by the time we hit the halfway point of D2, people will be over it (and you) and hopefully lynching PP.

I just need a solid foundation to my transition to him or whoever they fancy at the time.

Dierfire is beginning to scare the bejesus out of me. He's the best spoken, most rational player in the game by a
long shot
. It wouldn't be a big deal except he doesn't seem to have a big ego to stroke, so there's nowhere to latch on. If he turns on one of us, we're probably going down. Our only hope would be hope one of the bigger ego's disagrees, is willing to go the extra mile, and we're in a position to puff them up so they look like they're winning.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #80 (isolation #31) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 2:23 am

Post by boring »

That's what I was gearing up for with Gamma, but I think I'm going to let myself be convinced by whatever Grendel decides to post about him.. that is if he follows through this time :P

And LUV, you're doing great. I think people are giving you a "bad town" pass, which is perfect.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #81 (isolation #32) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:26 am

Post by boring »

I need to interact with you more, Prism. I just realized that I largely ignore you. Mostly because I don't want to mess up whatever flow you have going on, but it's going to look fishy if anyone gets around to looking for associates
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #83 (isolation #33) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:34 pm

Post by boring »

The worst part about being scum is having to accept and offer terrible reasoning for stuff.

If one of you or someone in general wants to put gamma at L-1, I'll provide intent to hammer.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #84 (isolation #34) » Wed Oct 19, 2016 4:36 pm

Post by boring »

Sorry, I didn't realize we had 10 days left still. I doubt it will get that far before they veer their attention.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #85 (isolation #35) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:38 am

Post by boring »

@mod - thank you very much for prodding LUV too!

I played a game on MU where there was mafia daychat, and a player was apparently meeting the minimum posts with his activity in the mafia PT, but he received no prods and wasn't threatened with replacement in the actual game. It was as good as a scum flip.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #88 (isolation #36) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:41 am

Post by boring »

it happens.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #89 (isolation #37) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 10:39 am

Post by boring »

yay! caught a PR.

Now I really wish you guys were around because I don't know how we want to handle this as a team.

I'm pretty sure this ruins any chance I may have with a gambit. :(
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #38) » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:15 pm

Post by boring »

I really don't know.. with Gamma claiming cop (and we know he's right about implosion), I'm afraid more people are going to vote you. And it's going to be really hard for Prism and I to gracefully back out without scumtelling ourselves later on.

To save face and avoid taking the whole team down, I don't see much choice but to keep pushing you. I keep making empty statements with no new arguments, so hopefully, people will just segue onto PP. If we can get a quick lynch on him, I think that'll buy us another day without a bus.

So, I guess, keep working the bad town/derp-clear angle.

By the way.. I know this is a stupid question.. you're just a LUV fan, right? you're not really him?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #93 (isolation #39) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 4:03 am

Post by boring »

In post 92, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Yeah I figured I'm going to get lynched today unless Penguin massively fucks up and get pushed. Shadow has been M.I.A. so maybe some scum read him as well. Would getting run and claiming lie doc be a good idea? In theory, if no one counterclaims it buys us another night.

And no haha, just a fan. I doubt he knows about this site.
Maybe. It's worth a try, I guess. The problem is, there's a decent chance that there's another doc in the game. Two ascetics would counteract the benefit of a cop and doc, right?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #95 (isolation #40) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:53 am

Post by boring »

Keep in mind though, that in the absence of a protective counter-claim, we'll have to kill Gamma tonight, so a failure to save him tonight would lynch you tomorrow.

Actually, a gambit might be a really helpful way to determine whether there are any protective roles floating around. That is, if you're going down anyway. Chances are, people will ignore me since I'm a scumlean for a fair number of players, and PP will go down today.

We'll just have to hope then that no one is protecting Gamma, because I don't think we can afford another conf. town any more than we can afford to be copped.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #96 (isolation #41) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 6:58 am

Post by boring »

I think one way or another, our biggest goal should be to get Prism to LYLO as squeaky-clean as possible.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #101 (isolation #42) » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:05 pm

Post by boring »

I'm not entirely sure that I follow what you mean. I'm definitely going to try to make it to LYLO with you, but I'm not sure I'm as likely to win it as you. I'll keep treating you like it's TvT. I was just commenting on our lack of interaction for better or for worse.

I'm hoping if I'm lynched soonish, I'll point to grendel as my partner.

I think we have to kill Gamma tonight, unless we think there's a protective role in the game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #43) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:39 am

Post by boring »

LUV, it's usually crazy-easy to get Gamma to change his vote. I've done it twice in this game alone (once to get him off you, and the other to get him off me). Basically, summarize his case in a way that makes it look petty. He'll rethink it and unvote.

I'm not sure which is more your style, but I'd question a) him being on the wagon I'm pushing, since I'm a scumlean, or b) question whether or not it's perfectly normal to change one's mind on reads, based on what the rest of town is saying, c) question his reason for leaving penguin, when penguin was the one who forced the claim out of him, even after he softed that he was a PR.

Or whatever works for you. If he leaves you, he'll probably switch to penguin. Implosion is likely to leave you eventually and vote me again too, so I think we're doing okay.

I just soft-defended penguin, which I'm hoping will scoot people from the fence onto his wagon instead of yours.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #104 (isolation #44) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:38 am

Post by boring »

Nor me. Especially since they're scumreading me. I'm hoping that last comment will knock out any chances of Zoronos being on your wagon.

It's a win-win for all of us if it works. I chase you, they decide they can't stomach it and lynch town. Prism can flip-flop a bit, since he's townread. Then I keep chasing you tomorrow. Eventually one of us will flip (we can't all make it to the end, I don't think) and the other will look town.

One thing though, we can't have any mislynch targets accidentally turning out to be PRs. I suggest we take our most vulnerable target at the end of D2, and I Neo them, just to be sure. Gamma being cop really put a wrench in things.

We'll not be able to get him or implosion lynched, like, ever.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #45) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:53 am

Post by boring »

I knew I should have gotten nervous when I saw that we have daytalk. The more I think about it, the more dire things look.

we basically have 3 conf. town, and another tomorrow (or one less scum), unless we kill Gamma tonight. But how likely is Gamma to go unprotected?

So at the moment, our lynch pool is grendel, zoronos, nn30, dierfire, PP, and that's it, I think.

Shadow, Gamma, and implosion have to be killed off by us. The best thing we have going for us is how easy all three of them are to undermine. Well, implosion isn't quite as easy, but the other two sure are. We have to encourage anything that takes away their credibility as the voice of town. If they can't hold sway, their power is diminished to a single vote.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #46) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:39 am

Post by boring »

Wait. Dierfire got me. Like, his argument is absolutely beautiful. If any of them have some sense, (unless they're all harboring secret doubts about nn30), they'll stop what they're doing and lynch me.

It might clear you. Wait until someone claims intent before trying a gambit.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #108 (isolation #47) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:40 am

Post by boring »

OMG, shadow, really?

If you listen really close, you can hear our great mod in the sky and Dierfire facepalming in unison.

Okay, so it looks like an intent to hammer on LUV. PR-fish/gambit at will!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #111 (isolation #48) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 8:32 am

Post by boring »

So.... there are 4 conf. town now. If we can't get LUV in that crowd (or kick Shadow out of it), then we lose.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #112 (isolation #49) » Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:21 am

Post by boring »

okay, swinging back to trying to make Shadow look like my buddy.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #114 (isolation #50) » Wed Oct 26, 2016 5:59 am

Post by boring »

yeah, I'm sorry. I guess I shouldn't have been so eager to vote eager, but honestly, it seems like I was targeted in the game long before anything remotely scummy happened.

Anyway, I think you guys can get away with letting LUV pretend to be doc, if you're careful with your kill tonight. Or maybe, kill Gamma, and have LUV claim he was jailblocked or something OOOOO! Strongman! They'll believe all the claims if they believe there could be an x-host strongman on the mafia side, right? And it's a perfect excuse to kill Gamma. Their entire purpose seems to be to eliminate a follow-the-cop game.

I was looking up the normal rules, and you only need a single vanilla town to be "Normal". If there's a strong-looking scum team, it'll help.

In fact, my lynch may serve to support that. Have LUV come back D3 and swear up and down and until he's blue in the face that he targeted Gamma. He could vaguely accuse Zoronos of keeping him, or wonder if there's a strongman.

At least, that's my best idea at the moment.

By the way, just for the sake of confusion, once I'm threatened with intent, I'm thinking of claiming Watcher. It would go in theme :D I could say I watched Shadow because I figured he'd be killed. I have plenty of "breadcrumbs" to support that.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #120 (isolation #51) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:14 am

Post by boring »

Okay, wow.

Yeah, I'm not sure what we should do. If we kill Zoronos, it gives Gamma one more night to confirm another town or find one of us. If we kill Gamma, there's a chance Zoronos will jailkeep him and save him.

Should we play it safe and kill Zoronos, or take a risk and kill Gamma?

wait..
@mod, is there any way we can know the order in which actions are resolved? If Zoronos jailkeeps Gamma, and we kill Zoronos, will Gamma still be blocked from investigation?

I'm thinking we should Neo PP, by the way, just to make sure he's not yet another PR or modified town.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #121 (isolation #52) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:17 am

Post by boring »

By the way, LUV, you did awesome. We've gotten the PRs identified, so we're less likely to make any more big mistakes. Plus, we've (hopefully) boosted towncred with your bus. If we manage a win, it's because of what we all did together today.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #125 (isolation #53) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:01 am

Post by boring »

In post 122, podoboq wrote:
In post 120, boring wrote:
@mod, is there any way we can know the order in which actions are resolved? If Zoronos jailkeeps Gamma, and we kill Zoronos, will Gamma still be blocked from investigation?
In the event that a Jailkeeper targets a Cop, and the Mafia kills the Jailkeeper, the Cop will still receive no result.

This page on the wiki is helpful for determining the standard resolution of night actions.

EDIT: On reflection, Natural Action Resolution isn't relevant in this context. An ability happens irrespective of whether or not the person using it will survive the night. For example, a Cop still receives a result even on the night that they'd die. Think of it like throwing a grenade. The grenade will go off whether or not you shoot the person who threw it.
Thank you!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #126 (isolation #54) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:13 am

Post by boring »

Okay, Prism, I'm a little confused about the first post, but I think you're just running over permutations there.

So Gamma is for sure our NK. That makes sense.

I get that PP is unlikely to believed despite a claim. That is, unless he has a claim and a really good story to go with it. However, in all likelihood, with a Cop, Jailer, and two ascetics, we've had all of our PRs outed.

I think I'd rather neo nn30, but Grendel will do , I guess.

I agree too that we have to kill Zoronos tomorrow night no matter what.

Now here's our next set of issues to solve:
1) We're going to be asked to mass claim tomorrow. What are we claiming?
If one of us claims a minor PR, we'll be accused of lying because we didn't counter-claim the investigative or protective claims earlier (though I may have a tiny cover because I questioned Zoronos on his jailkeeper CC to the doc claim, that may not convince the rest that my ignorance is believable). If we say we're vanilla town, (as I've observed in the past) we may be accused of being scum "playing it safe".

2) Who should do the NK?
I'm thinking it's you again. I can totally see Zoronos jailkeeping me, since I'm likely to be afforded a temporary reprieve by LUV's lynch. I think you're off the radar entirely, so him jailkeeping you would be a [lucky] shot in the dark.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #127 (isolation #55) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 9:38 am

Post by boring »

Also, assuming we can pull off lynching D3, Zoronos N3, that leaves

Grendel, me, you, Dierfire, implosion, shadow, and nn30 D4.

If we don't start undermining one of them D3, I'll be the lynch D4. I think we need to aim for nn30 or shadow. I think we'll really need to start utilizing this PT better to coordinate our sneakiness, hopefully manipulating them to build the cases on each other.

N4, we'll have to kill implosion.

D5, unless one of us is dead, we'll be at LYLO. We need to leave someone behind to be a good mislynch target. I'm thinking that will have to be Grendel. Though, honestly, it would take a miracle for me to survive LYLO. However, we can at least hope to tarnish someone else along the way enough to get a mislynch D6.

Now, one thing I always try to do, is to pick a target and adjust my play to meet the expectations of one or two key players who will be making pivotal decisions at LYLO-ish times. It apparently looks insanely scummy to spectators, but all that matters is what the target thinks.

I singled out Shadow at the beginning, thinking I could ride him to LYLO, but he's lost all credibility. Implosion and nn30 would be my next prime personalities, only, I rode Shadow too hard, and now they don't like me. I'm thinking we should leave Shadow alone, let him get to LYLO (because he's my ride), and try our darnedest to mislynch nn30 D4.

I know I'm projecting far in the future, but if we're going to spin a web, we have to start as early as possible.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #130 (isolation #56) » Thu Oct 27, 2016 1:58 pm

Post by boring »

Neo: nn30
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (isolation #57) » Fri Oct 28, 2016 2:49 am

Post by boring »

In post 131, podoboq wrote:
This is a courtesy message. Right now I have that the Neapolitan target is
nn30
, that
Gamma Emerald
is the factional kill target, and that
Prism
will be committing the kill. If any of this is incorrect, or you would like to change your decisions, let me know by the deadline. If I receive no correction, your actions will be registered at the deadline.

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-29 08:44:00)
It's perfect, thank you!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #134 (isolation #58) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 8:59 am

Post by boring »

I don't think it's a good idea to let them lynch nn30 today. Not until we're ready for me to be the next days' lynch. Better PP or Grendel.

If we need to work on Shadow earlier than planned, I'll be happy to help. nn30 gets too uppity about how he's read, and so I think if Shadow makes an argument about you, he'll latch onto it.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #135 (isolation #59) » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:13 pm

Post by boring »

Honestly, the best thing to use against nn30 is the fact that he's generally unwilling to do his own legwork. He instead insists that the "opponent" dig up proof for him to attempt to dismiss. When it comes time, it should be easy to use to our advantage.

I'm just kind of holding my breath for implosion and dierfire's entrances.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (isolation #60) » Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:13 am

Post by boring »

Sounds good to me. Honestly, Dierfire remains the biggest threat to either of us. I wish there were fewer PRs, so we could kill him sooner.

I could go for nn30 or Grendel. Actually, I think I might try to pioneer PP first. It will look townier to go off in my own direction (something you can use to hop off me) and it'll test the waters against him.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #142 (isolation #61) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:13 am

Post by boring »

I'm sorry. If I was firing on all thrusters this game, (that slip wouldn't have happened in the first place), I could probably wiggle out of this without too much trouble. I just don't have the time or energy to really go at it.

Anyway, "bus" me as hard as you need to. I'll fling attitude at you, but I'll avoid any real blows. Before I'm lynched, I'll give you an outline of what I see as the remaining players' exploitable weaknesses. Maybe it'll help.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #62) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 2:20 am

Post by boring »

Also, I'm going to try to buddy nn30 as much as possible (if he doesn't hop on the semantics train with implosion). If it works, you'll have a fair excuse to turn on him.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #147 (isolation #63) » Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:34 pm

Post by boring »

Sorry, I posted before I read. I'm really going to be pretty absent for a few days. I'll try to come back friday and sunday.

I don't think buddying nn30 is an option anymore. I figured treating you the way I treat implosion was your best cover. I can try to appease you if you'd like.

The shot I fired at Dier was serious by the way, it's not only the best argument against him at the moment, but it's something I used against my own scum buddy in my last game (which you could pull up for meta after I'm dead which "searching" for my last buddy).

I'm going to need a tiny smidgen of concession to make my attitude change on you somewhat believable. Maybe since I implied that I was insulted, you could offer some kind of comment that would let me agree to disagree with you.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #64) » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 am

Post by boring »

I won't claim. Honestly, I don't know if I'll be lynched. Shadow and Zoronos seem against it, and I'm not sure Grendel will go for it. If someone can be convinced to hop off, I might make it.

I'll give it a try.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #65) » Fri Nov 04, 2016 3:39 pm

Post by boring »

If you're willing to lynch PP, even a smidge, I might be able to swing his wagon. Can't tell yet.

Go with your gut, ultimately, though, since you'll be alone at the end one way or another.

It's just that I see him being potentially hard to lynch as time goes on for some reason.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (isolation #66) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:57 am

Post by boring »

Okay, well Grendel is clearly going to let me buddy him, and nn30 has left a small opening. I'm going to try to take both, that'll line up some easier MLs for you, but it also means slowly turning on Shadow. Shadow has almost no credibility, so his only use is his vote. Besides, he'll turn on you eventually. Buddying/mirroring implosion has been a smart move on your part. He has just the right amount of ego apparently take it as natural. Just be careful to disagree in a few minor points here and there just in case someone else notices.

If we don't get a massclaim today, I'll Neo Grendel tonight (if I live through the day). But I'm doubting the existence of a BP.

What do you think of Motion Detector?

I agree the game is hard, but it's really fun. Besides, this is the only way we're going to improve, and sweet onion chutney, I could use some improvement.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #154 (isolation #67) » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:58 am

Post by boring »

If you're toward the bottom of the massclaim list, you can just wait and see what Grendel says.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #157 (isolation #68) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 4:44 am

Post by boring »

How handy would it be for me to be reasonably townread tomorrow?

Because no one is going to listen to me about Grendel, but the town cred (I assume) I'll get for refusing to hop on him as my counterwagon might really be worth it.

If we're desperate, I can just hammer him at L-1, and get myself powerlynched tomorrow.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #158 (isolation #69) » Sun Nov 06, 2016 8:22 am

Post by boring »

Okay, I'm going to claim VT when asked, unless you've got a better idea.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #70) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:23 am

Post by boring »

I'm not sure I'm following what you're wanting.

Anyway, I don't see how we'd have much choice but to kill penguin first. That is, if I live today. Every day that he gets another conf. town or another conf. scum is another disadvantage. Zoronos at least likes us both, and so it less likely to target us for jailkeeping. Then again, what do you think are the chances that he'd keep penguin tonight?

I feel like daytalk really isn't that huge of an advantage to be having this much stacked against us, but I like a challenge!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #166 (isolation #71) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 1:36 pm

Post by boring »

Okay
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #167 (isolation #72) » Mon Nov 07, 2016 3:58 pm

Post by boring »

We have 3 conf. town.

I've stated unwillingness to lynch nn30 and Grendel.

You've stated unwillingness to lynch nn30 and shadow (correct me if that was wrong).

That leaves Dierfire as someone we can both hop on. That is, if you weren't on eager. I'm too lazy to check.

I'm trying to make a believable transition from tunnelling to believing PP. I regret not neo-ing him last night. These curveballs are killing me. We could have hopped off LUV onto Gamma, but he was cop. Could have hopped onto Zoro but he CC'd LUV. Could have at least had a believable counterwagon to the Grendel/Dier/nn30 mislynch, but PP is deputy.

Gaaaah!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #73) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 6:24 am

Post by boring »

We have too many conf. town to manage, and I think, we've already lost. Without any reads or play at all, we've a 4/5 chance of losing.

I don't regret bussing LUV because he was going to be lynched today anyway, and I believe our lack of proactivity would have hurt us further. This way, he helped us gain at least a few town points with a few players.

However, I do wish that we had a third scum right about now.

I also think we have to subtly rally a bit because I don't think they're going to fall for much scum theater. I'm still totally willing to go down, but I question how many points you'll get for taking me out. If we can both breathe the air in D5, I think we can get to the other side of this hump. That's just two more days of ML's. Then you can swing the last one alone.

*crossing fingers*
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #171 (isolation #74) » Tue Nov 08, 2016 2:17 pm

Post by boring »

Do you think you could believably vote for Dierfire? They seem to think that scum are going to spread out on every vote, so there's no huge reason to actually spread out. I'd be happy to take slot #4 or #5 on his wagon. I think we should let someone else be #3, since people have already mentioned that scumtell in this game.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #172 (isolation #75) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:09 am

Post by boring »

We're about to lynch Dierfire. Any ML is a good ML at this point.

Shadow is begging for a policy-not-policy lynch. He would be such a liability at LYLO, I can't see any of our remaining stragglers wanting him there.

Man, I hope Zoronos doesn't Keep PP tonight.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #76) » Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:11 am

Post by boring »

... and right on cue, Shadow fake hammers. Does he really think people are going to fall for that? Again? I guess it could be a childish attempt to get people to re-engage him.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #77) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:19 am

Post by boring »

Yeah, either one will work in one of our favors.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #176 (isolation #78) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 9:20 am

Post by boring »

With so many conf. town being against Grendel, you won't get in trouble for his lynch either.... unless they decide you're "the one scum on the Grendel wagon"
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #178 (isolation #79) » Thu Nov 10, 2016 11:02 am

Post by boring »

I think you'll be fine tomorrow.

I agree that we have to kill PP tonight. Even if Zoro Keeps him, it's preferable to another conf-anything.

If we're both in good standing at the end of D4, we can go for Implosion N4 (provided PP is successfully killed). I think you're right about Zoro, and the reward will be worth the risk. First, you people need to kill Grendel, then help me kill Dier and Shadow. I'm pretty sure they're scum :P
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #181 (isolation #80) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:06 pm

Post by boring »

Thanks! I'll have to review the end there. Luckily, the lynched happened in the morning, so I look less absent. I've had a busy day.

Without reviewing, I'd say we have to go after PP. Another cop read will be a guaranteed loss, unless I'm misreading the game.

One of us will serve as a handy bus for the other, but we really need to pull off another mislynch before that. There's no way either of us will manage two on our own. Even without more confirmations, there are some pretty decent town players in this game. (I realize I've talked a little smack in here, and I apologize, I just get caught up in the heat of the moment sometimes, and I'm not a particularly nice person when it isn't mandatory).
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #184 (isolation #81) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:26 pm

Post by boring »

In post 183, Prism wrote:I'll save my patronizing/old person bullshit/hypocritical speech on the values of humility and cooperation for the postgame
Wait, you're an old person too?! *old person high five!*

I'm 33, so while I don't think of myself as old, I realize that this (and most) website is full of youngsters with a lot more time on their hands (and troll-related experience for the most part). I mean, I have nothing against the whippersnappers, but sometimes I feel like a fossil (it probably doesn't help that I don't have TV or Facebook to help me be "with it" [though, if we're being honest, I wasn't "with it" when I was younger, either]).

Anyway, I think you're right that I'm a better person to do the kill tonight, simply because that ending with Grendel looked kinds bad.

I'd also like to Neo Dierfire, just in case.

We'll need to cross our fingers for this. Zoronos is either going to protect PP, or he's going ot jail one of us, I'm pretty sure of it.

If we're lucky, tomorrow's cast will be:

me, you, nn30, Dierfire, Shadow, implosion, zoronos.

If we can swing Dierfire's lynch tomorrow and manage a successful kill on implosion/shadow N4 (because at least right now, they're less likely to lynch the way we want), we'll be to lylo, and this daytalk will be a distinct advantage.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #185 (isolation #82) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:42 pm

Post by boring »

The next question is, should you give me some "town cred" for not voting Grendel? Is that the natural thing to do? We need to figure out how much distance is the right distance, in case one of us is lynched.

For my part, I have no reason to automatically bump you down my list for voting Grendel because I'm the only player who wasn't on board with it. You had towny company. I think maybe we could pin this on Dierfire and nn30, though. Nn30 basically sheeped, and Dierfire is raising hackles anyway.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #186 (isolation #83) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 4:46 pm

Post by boring »

By the way, @podoboq, did you invent this game setup, or did you adopt if from another setup you've seen/played?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #188 (isolation #84) » Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:50 pm

Post by boring »

In post 187, podoboq wrote:
In post 186, boring wrote:
By the way, @podoboq, did you invent this game setup, or did you adopt if from another setup you've seen/played?
I can't answer this question until after the game.
I'm sorry. Well, when the game is over, could you let us/me know whether things are unfolding as you anticipated?
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (isolation #85) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 1:07 pm

Post by boring »

Prism, I don't have any fresh input for you, so I'm gonna go ahead here, I guess.

I will kill PenguinPower and I will Neo Dierfire.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #192 (isolation #86) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:45 pm

Post by boring »

I don't think it would be super hard to start lightly questioning nn30 now. I have been town reading him too, but as we go along, he's going to keep looking shadier. You'll have to turn on him eventually, if we're going to win.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #193 (isolation #87) » Sat Nov 12, 2016 4:58 pm

Post by boring »

I have a particularly dumb peer-review to deal with this week at work, so while I'll try to pay the same amount of attention to the game, I might miss a day or two throughout the week, and only be able to post once or twice a day on good days. Hopefully, the second week of the "day" will be more open.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #199 (isolation #88) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:43 am

Post by boring »

I understand, he has been childish toward everyone thus far. Tolerate what you can, and feel free to policy lynch him, if the rest of town is down with that.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #200 (isolation #89) » Mon Nov 14, 2016 8:59 am

Post by boring »

Awww dang. He was replaced by a smart person.

Well, my play this game has been shit, and it's not like it was going to improve with as little time as I've had. I'm sorry that you've been so crunched for time too. I feel like we could have done some spectacular things with this daytalk, had the timing been better.

I hope to play another game with like half the playerlist as a do-over (preferably as town next time).

Feel free to let me know what I can do and say on my descent to the gallows to be most helpful.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (isolation #90) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:22 pm

Post by boring »

I agree with Prism. This game has been a lot of fun, and I feel bad that I've not been able to give it my all. It's nice to have twists and turns as scum. I feel like scum with the matrix6 setup is too much like shooting fish in a barrel. This gave us a lot more challenge. I and I agree that we had some bad luck with the PR draws. The game really is fairly balanced in setup.

Anyway, I'll do my best to cause a little mess as I go down. I'll try to fight back as much as I can, but obviously, I'm going to have to go it alone. We can't risk you doing anything fancy to save me (except vote a convincing counterwagon, I guess, which I'll try to provide, but probably won't). The only thing we have going for us, is that it's unlikely that they'll lynch me before the 7-day mark.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #211 (isolation #91) » Tue Nov 15, 2016 2:23 pm

Post by boring »

That's like one of my favourite songs, by the way. They shouldn't have let Disturbed fuck with it.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #92) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 2:34 am

Post by boring »

Self hammered. He was just musing and hasn't posted in two hours. Good luck! Sorry I wasn't more help.

@podoboq, thank you for the game!
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #93) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:51 am

Post by boring »

Dammit! I didn't see implosion's unvote.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #219 (isolation #94) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 3:51 am

Post by boring »

oh well, I was going down anyway.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #220 (isolation #95) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:07 am

Post by boring »

Well, there was no avoiding my lynch today anyway, so solidifying myself as scum isn't a big deal.

On a positive note, knowing who Zoronos is going to jail can be used to your benefit. I'm not sure how far you're willing to take risks at this point, but if Zoronos is locking himself into a jail target, and it's not you, you can withhold your kill. That autolynches his target tomorrow. He'll not announce a target again, because he's expecting the game to be over. You get a free kill (one of the strong towns, because Zoro always seems to jail offensively.

If he doesn't jail you that night, two things may happen the next day, a) no one believes Zoronos, and he's lynched next b) everyone believes Zoronos, and you're in trouble.

The alternative is another easy mislynch getting a town clear tomorrow when you kill Zoro (that is, if you can't convince them that there's both a Neo and a strongman on the scum team).
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #221 (isolation #96) » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:53 am

Post by boring »

I've never flailed before. Flailing is fun. Lemme see if we can pull an nn30 lynch. It's highly doubtful, but at least my "sudden turn" on him could be seen as a last-ditch distancing gimmick, right?

Return to “Completed Game Topics”