Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #7 (isolation #0) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:11 pm

Post by Grendel »

Hello guys. When given the chance I often try to open my games via unconventional means. Which on this site means I won't RVS. I have nothing against it personally, its just overdone, and I wanna explore new things.

Instead I'd like to try something I'm calling the "D1 study buddy". As the name implies I'll buddy up with somebody I find interesting. I'll treat my new buddy as if they were conf!town until the first day steers toward its lynch, at which point we can pull back and reassess our reads on each other. Now I know you must be asking "what's the point of this excise"? Its mainly a means of creating an open path of conversation between me and my buddy, we exchanges thoughts and ideas on the game freely. Bouncing ideas off each other. Over all try to combines our wits to solve the game!

"Is this an effective method of opening your game?" you ask, well... I don't really know. This is the first time I've tried opening my game like this. But I'm optimistic!
In post 6, eagerSnake wrote:I would post a random vote here, but instead I'll not post a random vote here.
Hey there, I see we have something in common.

How would you like to be my D1 buddy?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #8 (isolation #1) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:13 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 5, Gamma Emerald wrote:Howdy! It's me! Gamma Emerald!
VOTE: Grendel
Ohhhh, Is your name Emerald b/c you like Pokémon Emerald?

If so- then awesome. Gen three was bomb.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #9 (isolation #2) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

@VictorDeAngelo I just wanted to point out that your the only person in this roster who isn't a "goon". How does it feel being the old man of the group?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #10 (isolation #3) » Mon Sep 12, 2016 3:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 9, Grendel wrote:@VictorDeAngelo I just wanted to point out that your the only person in this roster who isn't a "goon". How does it feel being the old man of the group?
Actually it looks like we have a "townie" too.

How does a GreenNope feel about being the new guy on the block?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #19 (isolation #4) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 12:41 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 14, The_Jester wrote:VOTE: Grendel

Sounds awful
Elaborate?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #41 (isolation #5) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:46 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 22, The_Jester wrote:
In post 19, Grendel wrote:
In post 14, The_Jester wrote:VOTE: Grendel

Sounds awful
Elaborate?
1. If you wanted genuine results, you shouldn't have made it official.
2. There's literally no reason to treat somebody as obvtown at this point, you can still "bounce your ideas" off people.
3. Focusing on communication with a single person isolates the others and makes buddying look ok.

I really fail to see any benefits of this. This could only work if you had a PT with someone.

Creating a townbloc is fine but involving a random person seems like a wrong approach.
Mafia theory isn’t all I wanted to know from you.

For example, I’d like some clarification weather your vote on me is because you disagree with my play, or if you actually think I’m scum. See, while you raise valid points on why you disagree with how I opened you didn't say you thought I was scum.

Why is that?
In post 25, The_Jester wrote:So he could wait a bit, identify a lurker and then involve him.
Actually, I’ll have to keep this in mind the next time I try and instigate this buddy thing. Because that is a good idea.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #42 (isolation #6) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:48 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 30, eagerSnake wrote:@Grendel Sure. I will give it a try.
Wonderful.

So do you have any prior experience with anybody on the roster?

How do you feel about VictorDeAngelo and CCC?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #52 (isolation #7) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:56 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 43, The_Jester wrote:
In post 41, Grendel wrote: For example, I’d like some clarification weather your vote on me is because you disagree with my play, or if you actually think I’m scum. See, while you raise valid points on why you disagree with how I opened you didn't say you thought I was scum.
I don't think you're scum (yet). Using the vote power can have various goals. In this case, I wanted to skip rvs bullshit and provoke some meaningful discussion right off the bat. Unfortunately I didn't get the results I wanted.

Why are you so concerned about my reason of voting you?
Shoot me a few guesses why I might question your vote. If you can't come to a consensus on your own then I'll tell you why.

What counts as meaningful for you?

I could see this becoming a meaningful conversation if we keep going.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #54 (isolation #8) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:02 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 50, CCC wrote:
In post 42, Grendel wrote:
In post 30, eagerSnake wrote:@Grendel Sure. I will give it a try.
Wonderful.

So do you have any prior experience with anybody on the roster?

How do you feel about VictorDeAngelo and CCC?
To turn your question around, I do not have any prior experience with eagerSnake. Nor, for that matter, with anyone else on the roster.

If you like, I can point you to the two newbie games I played in, so you can see how I play. In summary, I know how to do probability calculations, but tend to rely too heavily on them (and at times I forget that other people do not speak math like I do). On day one, reads are too imprecise for my mathematical approach to be of all that much help; and while I can math like anything, my ability to actually read people is poor.

That's pretty much me in a nutshell. Would anyone else like to briefly introduce themselves?
Actually CCC I've seen both Frozen landscapes, and Wake's role madness. Though my focus when spectating both those games wasn't you, I do recall you struggling with wordiness. And you praising Boring a whole lot.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #57 (isolation #9) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:29 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 53, The_Jester wrote:I asked first so don't you turn this on me and make me answer for you.
Hmm, I was hoping to drag this out a bit until I found something telling from another player I've got my eyes on. :/

If I can't find what I'm looking for in several hours I'll go ahead and open up.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #58 (isolation #10) » Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:31 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 56, CCC wrote:
In post 54, Grendel wrote:Actually CCC I've seen both Frozen landscapes, and Wake's role madness. Though my focus when spectating both those games wasn't you, I do recall you struggling with wordiness. And you praising Boring a whole lot.
Boring did play a brilliant game. I know I will be far more suspicious of her in any future games; she's going to find it a lot harder to fool me twice.
Yeah, Boring did play well. I probably would have made the same decision as IV did at lylo.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #91 (isolation #11) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 7:43 am

Post by Grendel »

Hey, I'm too busy to sit down and write up what I wanted to do yesterday atm.

I just want to say that I have seen what I was looking for, and the first chance I can this evening I will jump into this.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #102 (isolation #12) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 91, Grendel wrote:Hey, I'm too busy to sit down and write up what I wanted to do yesterday atm.

I just want to say that I have seen what I was looking for, and the first chance I can this evening I will jump into this.
I usually pay attention to people’s reactions. Whenever I try something unconventional there is usually a bit of a stir. And what is left after a topic that people have taken stances on? Things to analyze of course!

What I normally see are people who:

1) try to convince me I'm misguided

2) White knight me

3) scum read me

4) Play along with me

5) Ignore me

Usually one member of the scum will take option 3 or option 2. The rest of the scum team will ignore me (5), or play along (4) depending on whether town had a positive or negative opinions on my opening. Alone I consider (1), (4), and (5) to be null reads, but sometimes (1) is used in conjunction with 3 by a stronger scum player to try and get some sweet town cred for being a voice of skepticism, and getting the game moving via opposing stance. In the instance this happens though scum only created a light push on me, ultimately dropping me for somebody else. Scum who take option (2) are gonna town read me hard, and be staunchly against people who are throwing shade, also are ballzy scum players. This usually happens when one or more of their scum buddies choose option (4). Scum who jump solely on option (3) are usually the more… let’s say impulsive players that play largely on gut reads. Lastly I do take interest in players who start off doing (4), or (5), then switch with no rhyme or reason to the other. I don’t have the experience data to tell if this is a scummy action, but my gut thinks it is.

Looking over the roster I see CCC, Gamma, The Jester, Eagersnake and Manuel all voiced opinions. There is going to be one scum amongst them, possibly two if I’m lucky.

CCC
threw a piecemeal statement of encouragement, which is null. He could do that with either town or maf intent, and is not enough to speculate on.

Out of all of them
Gamma
is easily the most scummy. How he offered to buddy somebody, then once my day start method came under fire he backs off making no mention of it again. So he in effect shifts from (4) to (5) with no explanation. Except that he, as scum, realized that what I was doing wasn’t picking up, and The_Jester was vocally against it. So Gamma’s reaction looks like scum realizing he isn’t in popular opinion and trying to keep that he supported an unconventional idea out of public view. If Gamma is scum then Garry is town, scum don’t buddy each other like that.

The Jester
is interesting. At first I thought that he could be scum, pulling the “1” and “3”. But once I asked him he said he wasn’t actually scum reading me. So I feel pretty null about his slot. I do think it’s interesting though that he didn’t call out Gamma for trying to mimic a opening that he consider “awful”. Then again, I liked that Jester seemed willing to 1vs1 me, don’t think scum would have done that. In the event that Jester is scum Manual is probably town, their interactions early don’t look like scum + scum thread proper discussion.

EagerSnake
is town.
He filled out the correct documents, and has no felonies on his record.

Manuel
looked like he might be a white knight at first, but he didn’t keep the discussion going, and ultimately agreed that Jester had valid points. I think that in this instance him dropping it was more likely town then scum. Unlike Gamma Manuel didn’t try to hide or ignore what he said. Of course The Jester questioned Manuel, and didn’t pay attention to Gamma. Which is why I have this vuage feeling that GammaxJester could be a thing. Also didn’t see any ham fisted town reads being thrown my direction by Manuel. Light town read here.

Quick reads list for my Day start reaction analysis:

Snake
The_Jester, Manuel,
CCC,
Gamma

Everybody else opted to not weigh in.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #103 (isolation #13) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:54 pm

Post by Grendel »

Serous vote.

VOTE: Gamma

Sorry Gamma, but nothing so far this game reflects how you played as town in our last game together.

Where is the aggressive nitpicking? Where is the heavy engagement with the players?

Not to mention that you have kept you vote on me for the same five pages. Town Gamma is much more fickle with his vote. :P
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #105 (isolation #14) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 2:59 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 102, Grendel wrote:
The Jester
is interesting. At first I thought that he could be scum, pulling the “1” and “3”. But once I asked him he said he wasn’t actually scum reading me. So I feel pretty null about his slot
. I do think it’s interesting though that he didn’t call out Gamma for trying to mimic a opening that he consider “awful”. Then again, I liked that Jester seemed willing to 1vs1 me, don’t think scum would have done that. In the event that Jester is scum Manual is probably town, their interactions early don’t look like scum + scum thread proper discussion.
*but I could some actions with much more town intent then scum

I could have sworn I remembered to type that. :?

Oh well...
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #106 (isolation #15) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:06 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 70, eagerSnake wrote:Gamma feels like town here.

VOTE: Unvote

Someone else's turn now. Fiance is getting mad that I'm on here too much tonight.
Convince me.
Gamma Emerald wrote:I never backed down, I just forgot to follow through. Also, I have an idea of an extra reason why he did this, but I don't want to mess up his plan if I am right. I guess I'll drop it now though.
PEdit: I was town cop that game. I won't say what I am, but I am not town cop this game.
Ehh, I don't see how Jester is Gambiting. But yeah, if that's what you think then you should keep it to yourself.

I don't think it had to do with you being a cop. But I'll humor you. Why does rolling cop make you more aggressive as town?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #107 (isolation #16) » Wed Sep 14, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

Can any of Gamma's EM friends confer what Gamma is saying is true here?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (isolation #17) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:30 am

Post by Grendel »

I'm gonna try and contribute tonight, but if I can't then i can tomorrow.

Probably should've said something at the start of the game, but M/T/W/T's are super stressful, and busy for me. Fridays + Weekends are when I do better.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (isolation #18) » Thu Sep 15, 2016 9:37 am

Post by Grendel »

Not sure what my feelings on CCC are.

I don't like how hard he is pushing self meta. He looks like lynch bait too though. :/

Not sure how far I'd get looking at CCC alone for that reason. I'll have to looks at his wagon later to see if it looks scum motivated I guess.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (isolation #19) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:29 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 108, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, about my lower activity: I am currently in 4 games. Not as much time to spend here. I even said in the postgame I would be able to be super active in one game anymore. I don't particularly like the look of your most recent posts either. What were you going to do when you got caught up in our previous game? Because there you never did anything unique.
About being cop: I wanted to confuse the Mafia about me. It sure worked, you NEVER considered me as a PR.
Being in so many games explains your low activity here, but why does it affect the lack of stances?

So what didn’t you particularly like? Saying you don’t like something is nice and all, but not explaining why doesn’t help you.

Yeah, you did some good wifom in that game.
In post 109, gerryoat wrote:Grendel, I'll say it again, i don't see how you get all those reads in 3 pages of pretty much nullness.
If I got reads from nothing but "nullness" then that should be a reason to suspect me right?

If it is for you then push me. This game needs more clashing.
In post 110, CCC wrote:My experience so far suggests that the entirety of day one is going to be pretty much nullness. I've never been on a game on this site where a Mafia player was lynched on the first day, so I'd be surprised if anyone has anything even approaching a decent read on the first day.
Do you ever read other games? There are garnteed to be games were scum was hung D1 for legitimate reasons. Don't be a downer, its not good for town morale.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #145 (isolation #20) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:36 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 121, CCC wrote:
In my previous post, I suggested that VictorDeAngelo and Gamma Emerald were pinging as very slightly scum. To that list I will now add GreenNope and Square World; the first for being completely absent, and the second for providing extremely short posts with no reasons for his votes. From these four, I will elect to park my vote (for the moment) on:

VOTE: Square World
How much scummier is Box World compared to Pokémon Remake Emerald, and Old Man Victor?

Also, stop self-metaing at the drop of a hat.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #146 (isolation #21) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:40 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 144, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying that you didn't do a special thing like you tried to do in this game. I understand I beat you to RQS, but STILL.
Uhh... wouldn't that be reason to town read me???

Your response to my analysis sounded like you were pinged.

Can you throw me a reads list?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #148 (isolation #22) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:49 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 119, Square World wrote:VOTE: Manuel87

try to guess why
You have not posted enough of your thought processes to expect other people to see where you are going with this vote.

So enlighten us

Gamma Emerald wrote:I was not pinged, I was defending myself. I do townread you for it. I may throw together a reads list sometime today.
Okay. You still look like scum to me though friend.

Today would be great.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (isolation #23) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:51 am

Post by Grendel »

@Snakebuddy, Do you still think Gamma is town?

Also ask me stuff from time to time, keep the pathway of communication open. I’m going to assume that everything you are going to post is coming from town’s PoV. There really is no reason not to collab with me.

(Wow, that came off as egotistical)
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #150 (isolation #24) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 8:15 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 133, RhazhBash wrote:Snake I need to ask. What experience with Mafia do you have aside from EM?
Do you mind if I ask you your experience Rhazh?

Your play thus far reflects somebody who carries lots of ethos.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #160 (isolation #25) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 153, Manuel87 wrote: @Grendel: When you made your read on eagerSnake in was that considering him being your buddy or was that a serious read on his play?
I'm town reading him for humoring me.

Later today I'll reassess his slot, but he is town for now.

I wish he would be more interactive with me tho. Otherwise half this thing has been a waste of time. :neutral:

Do you like/dislike anything else in 102?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #161 (isolation #26) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:17 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 152, CCC wrote:
Also, what do you mean by "self-metaing"?
In the post right after 121 you referenced how you math in other games. And I think you did it a couple other times this game to. By "it" I mean you have said, "Well I do that all the time so its not AI" in response to accusations. I don't like that because it doesn't refute the argument so much as it lampshades it. Lamp shading a problem doesn't make it go away. Saying you do something as either alignment doesn't make you town.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #162 (isolation #27) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Grendel »

@GerryOat
In post 143, Grendel wrote:
In post 109, gerryoat wrote:Grendel, I'll say it again, i don't see how you get all those reads in 3 pages of pretty much nullness.
If I got reads from nothing but "nullness" then that should be a reason to suspect me right?

If it is for you then push me. This game needs more clashing.
No response?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #163 (isolation #28) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 12:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 159, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Gerryoat
- He has been a voice of reason so far for this game.
Would like to know why you feel that way. I really don't see how he has been particularly insightful.

So far Gerry did:
-Greeted other ppl he knew from EM.
-Insisted all reads formed before page 4 are garbage.
-set up spec.
- Questioned one, (Rashbash), count em'
one
person's vote.

I'm not seeing anything productive from his Iso. Gerry is null at best. :/
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #165 (isolation #29) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

You are avoiding conflict with me.

Why?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #170 (isolation #30) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 3:45 pm

Post by Grendel »

Grendel wrote:You are avoiding conflict with me.

Why?
idk man, I just feel like you've been tip toeing around me most this game. Your also not trying to fight my scum read on you. I just don't expect this passiveness from you if you were town. Yet... you are in a lot of games... so I can't really tell if your too stretched to bother. eeeehhhhh-

Going off you read list your proposing a RhazbashxCCCxSnake scum team. Is their any chemistry between them going off their posts this game?
gerryoat wrote:I kinda like Grendel trying to get "conflict" in the game, which in a sense is how you get reads more. So I do slightly tr that from him. But his actions and his words are a bit off right now. He says this game needs more conflict, but he already laid out a list of reads. Why does he keep saying this game needs more conflict when he already has a list of reads 3 pages in.
That list of reads doesn't include you, Rhazh, Square, Victor, or soon to be replaced Green Nope. I still have more ppl to sort lol. And even then people I put I my reads can be subject to change.

How are your reads doing? You can leave out the nulls. Give me your towns and scums.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #173 (isolation #31) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

Yeah, if I'm the one leading the "activity overview" then the game
is really moving slow
imo

Usually my post count is just below the average. But this game I've been consistently topping everybody's post count.

Anyway
Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 170, Grendel wrote: Not sure about RhazhBash, but both Eager and CCC attacked me for my attempt at setup spec.
That is interesting. I'll have to look into that later.

My eyes glazed over originally when Snake brought up set up spec, and I didn't pay much attention to that desscusion. D1 set up spec is not a good use of time, plus I find it kinda dull.

I did like when Snake talked about hypothetical scum team forming. Now that's fun.
Gamma Emerald wrote:Looking over RhazhBash's ISO again, I found something that I feel could be distancing between RhazhBash and EagerSnake, with an attempt to attack me as well.
Quote and explain pls
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #175 (isolation #32) » Fri Sep 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 168, gerryoat wrote:
In post 164, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay.
Null - Gerry (seems reasonable, but hasn't really added much yet.)

I mainly said that because he diffused everyone's getting up in arms about your reads.
I like how that's all it takes for you to change your read on me. But, I actually agree with him. I was actually going to ask you why you TR me, cause I haven't done anything so far that would warrant a townread so far.
How about you vote Gamma with me?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (isolation #33) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 196, eagerSnake wrote:@Grendel let's play a game. I'll say someone's name
in italics.
in your next post you say what you think of that person and then say someone else's name. In my next post I'll say what I think of THAT person, and so on.

VictorDeAngelo
I'd rather do everything simultaneously, but if one person at a time better fits your pace then that's okay.

Victor is something of a null read for me. His town read on Gamma bothers me, but It seems most ppl are cool with Gamma so that tr might not lead anywhere, (that is assuming Gam is scumz). His interaction with CCC is weird in a way I can't seem to pin point yet. I think the worst thing about Victor is that he hasn't pushed the person he is currently voting, Rhazbash, at all. Instead opting to have this convo with CCC that doesn't appear to be going anywhere. So a few odd things, but nothing condemning. And no, I really don't agree with you proposed case on Victor. In fact I can even see how he wasn't bought with you Gamma unvote, you dropped that scum read
fast
dude.

You've already said that your cool with Gamma. So how about...

Gerryoats
, and or
Rhazbash
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #208 (isolation #34) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 201, CCC wrote:
In post 199, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 142, VictorDeAngelo wrote:If I have an ulterior motive I'm not going to admit to it. If I'm lazy I'm not going to admit that either.
Why not?
Do you really want me to explain it. Because if you do, it's probably going to sound quite patronising and not actually lead us anywhere towards catching scum.
This is the second time you've tried to shut down a line of questioning, the first being here.

I'm not sure if this is just how you play, or if it should be taken as indicative of a desire to shut down questioning more completely. But either way, I thinkit makes you look more likely scum than Square World, so...

VOTE: VictorDeAngelo
Wait. So you are scum reading Victor for halting discussion when Gerry basically did the same thing with posts 93 and 109 when he was talking crap about early game reads.

Why does one ping you but not the other?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #209 (isolation #35) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:51 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Victor
Did you ever elaborate why you town read Gamma? I don't believe you did, and I'd appericate if you could do that for me.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #216 (isolation #36) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

Good stuff Snake. Alright let me look at CCC...
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #217 (isolation #37) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

The first thing about CCC I want to address is his overt doubt casting on himself. Lower confedance, and second guessing are to be expected on D1, but CCC announces it before all his early scum reads. To the point it is no longer resembling town paranoia, but a fear of commitment. Almost like padding the floor if his read falls through, or if his scum read flips town he could distance himself from the cadaver. I've highlighted what I'm talking about in red--
Spoiler: Incredibly minor
In post 95, CCC wrote:I'm getting slight scumtwitches from a few players.
Not enough to seriously consider any of them as likely scum yet
, but the needles on my scum detectors are twitching slightly.
In post 98, CCC wrote:
Yes, it's
incredibly minor
. The only reason I'm even considering him is because I don't have any scumreads better than
incredibly minor
In post 152, CCC wrote:
Insignificantly scummier. I have no significant reads at all.

Also, what do you mean by "self-metaing"?

CCC was scum reading Gamma longer then Square. So his square scum read getting brought to the forefront is a little odd. I think it must have been a pressure vote. There really isn't enough going on with Square to get a read on him imo.

Spoiler: sqr
In post 121, CCC wrote:
In my previous post, I suggested that VictorDeAngelo and Gamma Emerald were pinging as
very slightly scum
. To that list I will now add GreenNope and Square World; the first for being completely absent, and the second for providing extremely short posts with no reasons for his votes. From these four, I will elect to park my vote (for the moment) on:

VOTE: Square World

I really like this post. I kind of like hearing statistical aspects of mafia. And I felt like he understood what I was trying to do with the reaction analysis.

Spoiler: math
In post 193, CCC wrote:
In post 189, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 160, Grendel wrote: Do you like/dislike anything else in 102?
I generally dont like when ppl say "there are 1-2 scum in this group of people" when the group they are talking about is exactly 50% of the players (self not included)
Which in return means he also thinks there are 1-2 scum in the other group.

@RhazhBashu: would you mind answering my question in
In this game, assuming the existence of three scum, the odds of a randomly selected group of five people (if a single known Town player is removed from consideration) containing zero scum is 16.807%. This is the same as the odds of the randomly selected group containing three scum.

Thus, the odds of five randomly selected players (after putting aside one known Town player) containing either exactly one or exactly two scum is 66.386%.

If there are two or four scum, these numbers change somewhat.

But Grendel didn't just say that in 102. He took his five players, and he
ranked us
in order of perceived scumminess. He didn't just say "one or two of these five people are scum". He said "of these five people, this is how scummy I think they are, and this is why."

Also I think I should point out that CCC blunders a lot. But his blunders and contradictions look more like something a town would mess up on then scum. Usally scum are more... "aware" of little contradictions and avoid them, whereas town doesn't obsess over what they are saying nearly as much as scum would. It sort of falls under the mentality that scum care more about appearances then town. Which I don't entirely agree with, (I care about my appearance as both alignments), but I do think that town cares less about screwing up something like accusing others for something they themselves have done.

But what is so weird is that CCC
is super cautions with his scum reads
. So I'm trying to figure out why CCC appears not afraid of contradicting himself, but worried about his reads being wrong.

Spoiler: derp
In post 203, CCC wrote:
In post 202, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 49, CCC wrote:Newbie games have nine players, two of whom are Mafia. Here we have eleven players.

Three mafia sounds about right to me.
CCC, you said MAFIA here, not SCUM.
Huh. You're right. So I did.

I misremembered my own words. I apologise for the oversight.

Here he voted Victor. Once again missing Gamma. Maybe I'm paying more attention to this because I'm scum reading Gamma. AFAIK, CCC never withdrew his suspions of Gamma, had a town read on me and I was dogging Gamma in the last few days. So why didn't CCC show any interest in Gamma lynch?

Spoiler: dodge
In post 201, CCC wrote:
In post 199, VictorDeAngelo wrote:
In post 142, VictorDeAngelo wrote:If I have an ulterior motive I'm not going to admit to it. If I'm lazy I'm not going to admit that either.
Why not?
Do you really want me to explain it. Because if you do, it's probably going to sound quite patronising and not actually lead us anywhere towards catching scum.
This is the second time you've tried to shut down a line of questioning, the first being here.

I'm not sure if this is just how you play, or if it should be taken as indicative of a desire to shut down questioning more completely. But either way, I thinkit makes you look more likely scum than Square World, so...

VOTE: VictorDeAngelo

Ultimately, I'm still very null. I've seen how he eats rope in two other games. He gets lynched early a lot. his poor rhetoric, and awkward pushes make him an easy target. I am not going to vote CCC today.

Another thing, I don't like how he had a scum read on Gamma, but didn't seem interested when I was pushing Gamma. It makes me wonder about the possibility of them both being scum who are distancing each other. I'll save hypothetical scum teams for later though since this post is getting long.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (isolation #38) » Sat Sep 17, 2016 5:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Snake

Now do
Rhazbash
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #305 (isolation #39) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:41 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 233, eagerSnake wrote:
Manuel87
seems like a good place to end our game, don't you think?
My town read from post 102 has evaporated. Manuel is null veering towards scum now.

I don't feel like dissecting posts 254, 259 tonight, but both rubbed me the wrong way. And I'm not seeing any thing that looks townie since my explanation on why I thought he could be town. He had a lacking presence in today's voices imo.

I don't know about lynching him yet. I'm still pretty happy with my Gamma vote, and there is one other dude I would kill before Manuel.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (isolation #40) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:44 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Manuel
So what do you think of Gerry currently?

Do you think he is town?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #308 (isolation #41) » Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:53 pm

Post by Grendel »

@Square
planet If you want to do "auto explain" quotes why not high light specific things in the body of text to form better context?

Though actual explanations would be a lot better instead of implied explanations. Cause it is kind of hard to hold ppl accountable for their "words" when their actual thoughts aren't concrete.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #321 (isolation #42) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:12 am

Post by Grendel »

IMO it looks like polarized reads pinged Victor pretty hard.

So Gamma... Why so concerned that Victor is voting RhahzBash?

Last time I checked you thought RhazhBash could be scum.
In post 222, Gamma Emerald wrote:About RhazhBash:
I feel like he's not really adding to much to the conversation. His most recent post was to defend himself against an accusation. This makes me think he could be scum.
(By the way, I don't really do multiquote megaposts)
CCC
Does Victor's vote suddenly make Rhazh a strong town read for you?

Is Victor, your top town read back in post 159, now so scummy to you that people he votes must be town via mutually exclusive relationships?

---
And if that is the case please point out where Victor fell from your graces
---
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (isolation #43) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:17 am

Post by Grendel »

Actually, I may have overreacted a bit.

I forgot how fickle Gamma can get with his reads. .-.

Still a bad post. But not as much scum intent to push as I originally thought.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #326 (isolation #44) » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Grendel »

Gerry, hi, I'd like to know why you don't consider my post 305 to be akin with "___ is scum cause of this post."
In post 305, Grendel wrote:
My town read from post 102 has evaporated. Manuel is null veering towards scum now.

I don't feel like dissecting posts 254, 259 tonight, but both rubbed me the wrong way. And I'm not seeing any thing that looks townie since my explanation on why I thought he could be town. He had a lacking presence in today's voices imo.
I didn't explain why I didn't like 254, or 259. I just said that I didn't like them, and considered it motivation to start scum reading that slot. What Rhazah did is not different from what I did. Quite similar actually. So your selectivity for this argument is quite telling given that Rhazbash is lynch bait, and I am generally town read. It'd be easy to use this on player like Rhaz, but not with me, so you
ignore what I did
that would be incriminatory based on your argument, while
throwing it on the widely scum read dude
. Its really not a stretch for you to be opportunistic scum here. If you were a tunneler then this wouldn't be so scummy, but you don't look the type.

Also your town read on me feels very forced. Explain why I'm town in a way that isn't a vague piecemeal statement.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #378 (isolation #45) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 11:47 am

Post by Grendel »

Hello House.

I'm surprised you subbed into a game with me. Going off that mini we were in together I thought you didn't like me. Or at the very least thought I was an awful player.

Which would be fair since I was scum reading you for your abrasive attitude. Sorry about that one.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #382 (isolation #46) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by Grendel »

I think that the slot you've inherited is probably town. It was between Rhazhbash and Gerry for a while, and ultimately I have disliked Gerry's play much more.

Trouble is that I don't really think GerryxGamma makes a lot of sense.

B/c I really doubt scum would overtly buddy one another D1. What is your opinion there?

I think what I'm looking at is ManuelxGerryxGamma scum team by defuelt due to them being my strongest scum reads. Manuel and Gerry make a lot of sense imo. I may need to look into more possibilites later though.

Pre-edit: re-non game
Thanks. I'm glad that what happened there didn't expand past that game. I felt pretty bad about it later.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #403 (isolation #47) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:29 pm

Post by Grendel »

@snake
I'm almost finished keeping you as my crutch "conf" town read Eager. So to finish up I'd like to hear your hypothetical scum team.

Then I'll recheck your slot.

Thanks for playing along. Too bad we didn't do more though more with it though.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (isolation #48) » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:42 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 383, House wrote:
In post 382, Grendel wrote:I think that... I may need to look into more possibilites later though.
I don't have a handle on Gerry yet, but I can get behind a Manuel and Gamma team (from individual reads, not associatives).

Don't fall into the trap of thinking scum would never do something.

I've powerlynched many a townie because "all the scum would never vote the same wagon".

I've lolhammer as scum and gotten away with it because "scum world never draw that much attention to themselves".

Don't do that. It's bad.

Judge alignment based on motive, not assumptions of what scum won't do.
Yeah, I think Manuel and Gamma fit together too. Uh, I can think of an associative, but I'll have to dig for it b/c I have can't remember exactly when/where it was said now.

You're not wrong that hunting for motives is better. It just has a much higher learning curve then looking at patterns of what town and scum normally do, and don't do. Also need to have a good gut, which I can't confidently say I have.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #579 (isolation #49) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:35 pm

Post by Grendel »

I'm not inclined to lynch CCC.

I don't have the concentration to reply to your case tonight House, but I will tomorrow.

I really think that Manuel, Gerry, and Gamma are the best lynches for today. I'll approach you with an open mind as a can but I doubt I'll be moved.
In post 575, House wrote:
In post 572, gerryoat wrote:Okay so

@House

Yes, I like your case on CCC. But, I have to admit CCC has had great responses to your points, do you not think he might be town at all? Or at least rethinking your fos a bit?
I'm still happy with my vote, hence where it remains.

He's acting the same way he did in Arctic Mafia, buy the thing is, he SHOULD have improved since Arctic Mafia on some level if he had actually taken the advice he received.
An unfortunate truth is that ideals are not always met. It goes two fold in a constantly shifting mind game like Mafia. I think I'll check his other games he was mislynched D1 to see how they compare play wise. The only town game Of his I read to completion was in fact Artic mafia. He was scum in wakes rolemadness.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #580 (isolation #50) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:38 pm

Post by Grendel »

Oh it looks like he only has one other game. I was hoping for a larger sample size. :/
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #582 (isolation #51) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:56 pm

Post by Grendel »

I intend to.

So is that all you have to say?

You haven't been fighting my scum read on you at all this game. I
have
given you time to do so.

You, (and Gerryoat), have been responding you my questions with weak responses that don't give me any room to better access your alignment.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #584 (isolation #52) » Thu Sep 22, 2016 4:16 pm

Post by Grendel »

Okay, so tomorrow I'll quote the times I asked you things, and point out how short and Non-ai you kept all your responses. Why are you now playing up the idea that I'm somehow not as invested in this game as I should be?

Sounds like you're projecting.

RE snake
In post 403, Grendel wrote:
@snake
So to finish up I'd like to hear your hypothetical scum team.
Snake, Did you miss this?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #652 (isolation #53) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Grendel »

I read some of 1727. CCC’s play there isn’t as much like his play here as I thought it’d be. He had the awkward interactions I was expecting, but he mathed a lot harder there and referenced a lot more mafia theory behind his votes and reasoning. He maintained more of a voice there too imo. I don’t see as much of that here. He doesn’t seem nearly as interested in catching scum. Typically players that use analytical means of finding scum make it apparent that their really into the game even if their methods are questionable. CCC hasn’t done much statistical break downs on players this game like he had in 1727. Many of his posts this game are him defending himself, and while he had some early game passive scum hunting going on he hasn’t been hunting lately. The best he has done was dropping an occasional reads list. I’m bothered that CCC referenced Arctic, which is a lot more reflective of this game here then 1727, 1727 showed me that CCC, sans his speech, isn’t a bad player.

So CCC referencing the lesser of his two games first and foremost as what to meta him by, and the other as an afterthought is… not what I was hoping to find. I was really wanting CCC to be town, but I’m not nearly as good for town!CCC as I was prior to reading more into his games.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (isolation #54) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:13 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 587, Gamma Emerald wrote:I checked, and I didn't see an unanswered questions.
That wasn't what I was saying. I was saying that your responses were guarded. And that repeated guarded responses like yours are scummy.
In post 586, Gamma Emerald wrote:Okay you're just going to throw shade and leave then.
FOS Grendel
How am I throwing shade by questioning your rhetoric?

Also why am I at the top of your town reads when you had a FoS me like three posts a before that?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (isolation #55) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 653, Gamma Emerald wrote:OMG THE FOS COUNT IS REAL
GRENDEL DO YOU SEE THIS
I'M TELLING KAIL YOU SINNER
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #656 (isolation #56) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:14 am

Post by Grendel »

Hold on. I'll be back in a bit!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (isolation #57) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:23 pm

Post by Grendel »

Spoiler:
In post 143, Grendel wrote:
In post 108, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, about my lower activity: I am currently in 4 games. Not as much time to spend here. I even said in the postgame I would be able to be super active in one game anymore.
I don't particularly like the look of your most recent posts either.
What were you going to do when you got caught up in our previous game? Because there you never did anything unique.
About being cop: I wanted to confuse the Mafia about me. It sure worked, you NEVER considered me as a PR.
Being in so many games explains your low activity here,
but why does it affect the lack of stances?

So what didn’t you particularly like? Saying you don’t like something is nice and all, but not explaining why doesn’t help you.

Yeah, you did some good wifom in that game.
In post 144, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm saying that you didn't do a special thing like you tried to do in this game. I understand I beat you to RQS, but STILL.

Gamma doesn't address me saying that he isn’t taking stances. Instead he opted to say that he is town reading me for my opening. Because I didn't open with RQS in the other game he played with me where I was scum. I should say that I subbed into that game as scum and there was already 20+ pages of content to read. Why would I open with RQS if I came into a game with lots of content? Why wouldn't I open a game as scum via unconventatal means?

Gamma's basis here for town reading me is weak given that the source he is working with doesn't say much about how I play as scum. And to town read me because I'm not matching up with that game is silly because I wouldn't repeat the same plays with the same person in back to back games. I'm self aware enough that meta reading me would be dangerous. Gamma doesn't know me well enough to make that call about my plays. He sounds he is in an informed position looking for an excuse to town read me in hopes I'd be deterred.

Spoiler:
In post 147, Gamma Emerald wrote:I was not pinged, I was defending myself. I do townread you for it. I may throw together a reads list sometime today.

the part highlighted in blue in the above 108 sounds like he scum reads me. Then when I question him about it he says that I’m town. Idk about you guys but, “ I don’t like the look of your recent posts”, sounds a lot like a scum read in progress. 147 sounds like Gamma thought that it’d be smarter to town read me then scum read me.
In post 159, Gamma Emerald wrote:
Grendel
- As said before, he doesn’t do this as scum, but he’s only been scum once on both sites he plays on,
so I may be way off base here.
I’ll be willing to back out of this town read at a moment’s notice if it means I can lynch Grendel.
All his town reads are worded like he could back out of them with no trouble. Except for Gerry's which he actually did back out of.
In post 166, Gamma Emerald wrote:I realized you had a point.
Gamma backs off his Gerry read with no fight, no questioning me, no questioning Gerry. When I ask him why he just says that he agrees and that’s it.

Spoiler:
In post 320, Gamma Emerald wrote:Why would that make you vote him?
In post 321, Grendel wrote:So Gamma... Why so concerned that Victor is voting RhahzBash?

Last time I checked you thought RhazhBash could be scum.
In post 323, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm curious specifically about why the part he bolded looked scummy.

His post 320 was bad, and Gamma's response doesn't actually answer the question. Gamma's response was to affirm the he, did indeed, ask Victor a question. What I wanted to know is why he is paying attention to Victor's vote and Gamma's response was to restate something that could be inferred, and doesn't actually answer me.

Really should have pushed that line of question further.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (isolation #58) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 384, House wrote:@Grendel: What is your read on Square?
I missed this!

Square is null.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #675 (isolation #59) » Fri Sep 23, 2016 12:32 pm

Post by Grendel »

Actually Its getting near EoD. I should make a reads list.

I'll look at 442 first though.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #817 (isolation #60) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:14 pm

Post by Grendel »

Well we are running out of time. Nobody is interested in Gamma.

My top scum read, Gamma, being on Manuel is giving me pause.

I think Eager is town.

Square is not a good lynch either.

UNVOTE:
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #818 (isolation #61) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:18 pm

Post by Grendel »

Actually on the other forum Gamma and I played mafia on scum love to bus. The possibility of Gamma as scum bussing his partner here isn't unrealistic.

VOTE: Manuel
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #820 (isolation #62) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 12:27 pm

Post by Grendel »

Hmm, I'll check that then.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #827 (isolation #63) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:20 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 821, Huntress wrote:But why would he bus when he could just have voted for eagle or left his vote on square?
Like I said, where he came from scum will bus at the drop of a hat. A lot of times in situations where they really didn't have to.
Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 818, Grendel wrote:Actually on the other forum Gamma and I played mafia on scum love to bus. The possibility of Gamma as scum bussing his partner here isn't unrealistic.

VOTE: Manuel
I tried to get my team to not bus Day 5. You need to rethink that bit.

Okay so you were adverse to it at first, but you did give in and bus out of fear of associatives, and plus some encouragement in your PT. It doesn't lead me to think you were adverse to the concept itself. More like you were nervous about losing a scum PR then anything.

Ugh, Do you have any documented discussions where you out right said you don't like bussing?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #831 (isolation #64) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Post by Grendel »

gerryoat wrote:How are more people not voting Square right now? I'm literally loling right now
The time limitations would make voting for Huntress, Jester, and Victor a waste of a vote. No way town would shift toward those potential wagons less then 48 hours from a lynch.

His voting a town read is... gross though. Is he also town reading the other guy on the chopping block?

Eager I mean.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #833 (isolation #65) » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:47 pm

Post by Grendel »

Alright I had a moment to think. I
really
hoped I had nailed scum with my reaction results, which made looking at Gamma as scum more important then considering where he could be town. Right now, I'm starting to feel like Gamma is town. I don't think Scum!Gamma would be able to build a solid town read with every player on the roster. Gamma, to my knowledge, is universally town read. The scum intent I saw in his previous posts might not be there at all. This whole thing may have turned out to be a stupid vanity wagon.

I don't think I will attempt to make a reads lists to finish off my D1 this game. I'm not feeling so great about most of my reads atm.

I'm still scum reading Manuel, and Gerry. I guess that's all I got.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (isolation #66) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:24 am

Post by Grendel »

Wow, it took me openly second guessing myself for people to admit that Gamma isn't widely town read. You guys had me feeling like I was seeing things that weren't there.

Is there enough support for a Gamma lynch to push it through today?

UNVOTE:
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (isolation #67) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 5:25 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 886, Huntress wrote:I've a town read on Manuel so I'm not willing to vote there.

@ Grendel:
As far as I can see, the following quote is your only explanation of your read on Manuel:
In post 305, Grendel wrote:I don't feel like dissecting posts 254, 259 tonight, but both rubbed me the wrong way. And I'm not seeing any thing that looks townie since my explanation on why I thought he could be town. He had a lacking presence in today's voices imo.
What was it about those posts that bothered you?
Oh yea that. I'll get to it later today. I'm kind of busy atm.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #969 (isolation #68) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 10:53 am

Post by Grendel »

@Eggman I unvoted Manuel a couple pages ago.
Fixed.
Last edited by Eggman on Sun Sep 25, 2016 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #979 (isolation #69) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:08 am

Post by Grendel »

Spoiler:
In post 254, Manuel87 wrote:I dont like how Square world playes but its not a reason to lynch him.
What i dont like about him right now is that he mentioned how eagers analysis on RhazhBash sucks.
While i think he has a valid point that its not really an analysis but rather a summary of what said player posted that game, i dont understand why he only refers to the RhazhBash analysis and not to the ones on Victor and Gerry.

@Square: Why do you think Gerry is scum?
In post 259, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 256, eagerSnake wrote:
In post 254, Manuel87 wrote:While i think he has a valid point that its not really an analysis but rather a summary of what said player posted that game,
I post my analysis of the player before the summary of their posts. This is obvious if you are reading the post. Some people do it different, where they link the post number and then put their thoughts on that post next to the number. I could do that, but that's not the way I did it that time.
Yes but why bother to summarise what he posted when you dont tell us your thoughts on those posts but only your over all read on him?
Also your post summary on Victor has only on short comment on you liking him not pushing his scumread on Rhazh.
But in all 3 i see no real read from you. I could assume that you think Gerry is Null and Rhazh is slight scumlean but you never said that.

Why do you like that he isnt pushing his read on Rhazh?

Manuel says that he dislikes Squares play style, but doesn’t see it as a reason to lynch him. Then directly after throws out a line about how weird it was that Square criticized Eager for his analysis on Razh but not on Eager’s other analysis. It looked like he might have been trying to tie Square and Rhazbash together for some reason. Then in his next post it looked like pairing Rhaz and Eager together. Looking at it now it may have been some scum team pairing, and POE, but at the time reading through the lines made it look more like he is tying Rhaz to people. I also thought that that line about Eager being vague about his reads was weird when Square wasn't explaining his scum reads and Manuel said that shouldn't be a reason to lynch someone.

In later posts he acts suspicious of Jester in 314 for town reading Square while ignoring Victor’s town read on Square. He so he seemed to have more of an opinion on the alignment of the people town reading Square then scum reading Square. IMO if Manuel thought that Square was possible mislynch he’d have been more concerned about those scum reading Square then those town reading him.
In post 189, Manuel87 wrote:
In post 160, Grendel wrote: Do you like/dislike anything else in 102?
I generally dont like when ppl say "there are 1-2 scum in this group of people" when the group they are talking about is exactly 50% of the players (self not included)
Which in return means he also thinks there are 1-2 scum in the other group.

@RhazhBashu: would you mind answering my question in
I forgot to mention this one, but yeah I didn’t like it either. I felt like he was playing down my experiment, and that the reads generated from it were purely random. Later I thought it could mean that he was scum with Gamma given that they both were in the results. That was the associative I was talking about forever ago.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now my scum read on Manuel is dampening. It originally came from viewing everything Snake did from town POV. Without the Rose colored lenses Manuel doesn't look so bad there.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #986 (isolation #70) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:14 am

Post by Grendel »

This is the way to go.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #989 (isolation #71) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:24 am

Post by Grendel »

@House

If Eager flips town and you move to lynch wagon away from Gamma tomorrow you are scum with Gamma.

As if you couldn't shift the lynch wagon. That's what you're best at as town. Rallying for lynches. Give me a break.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1005 (isolation #72) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 991, House wrote:
In post 989, Grendel wrote:@House

If Eager flips town and you move to lynch wagon away from Gamma tomorrow you are scum with Gamma.

As if you couldn't shift the lynch wagon. That's what you're best at as town. Rallying for lynches. Give me a break.
If eager somehow flips town (not a chance in hell), I'll forfeit my case on Gamma, as it depends on an eager scumflip.

QED.
Why is that? Why is it both or Neither?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1048 (isolation #73) » Sun Sep 25, 2016 1:12 pm

Post by Grendel »

I think this is the hammer

VOTE: Eager Snake
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1126 (isolation #74) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:04 am

Post by Grendel »

How about our emerald coated friend Victor?

Pre-edit: speak of the devil
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1127 (isolation #75) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:07 am

Post by Grendel »

I actually didn't study the game at all last night, I should go back and adjust my reads now that I have flips to work with.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1132 (isolation #76) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:19 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1107, CCC wrote:So I think that the last two Mafia can probably be found in {Gamma Emerald, The_Jester, gerry_oat}. I'd rather like to hear from each of these people before deciding where to put my vote (and preferably from everyone else too)... but, at the moment, I'd definitely prefer to put my vote inside that set.
if you are that certain the last two scum are in those three players then you could just get one lynched each day and win. hypothecally you should have no qualms with voting in that bracket, even if you mislynch today, you've found the last two scum lordz yeah?

So vote Gamma.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1133 (isolation #77) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 10:27 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1129, House wrote:
In post 1127, Grendel wrote:I actually didn't study the game at all last night, I should go back and adjust my reads now that I have flips to work with.
Not to discourage you from doing the right thing, but why are you doing what I'm asking if you are not up to speed?
I'm not voting Gamma for you. I'm voting Gamma because he is scum.

Like I have been saying forever now.

If upon reevaluating players he suddenly looks town then I can unvote, but I'm
more then happy
with my vote atm.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1142 (isolation #78) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 3:55 pm

Post by Grendel »

Mmm, this is taking me longer then expected. I wanted to look a bit into a few players past games for meta comparisons. Trouble is getting beneficial info when you're basically skimming is no good.

I won't be on here tomorrow.

See you guys Friday I guess. I'm less distracted on weekends anyways.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (isolation #79) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1139, Huntress wrote:Going to recheck my read on Gamma because I was getting a more town vibe from him towards the end of Day one. Also Grendel as I had him down as a possible associate of CCC and/or eager.

Vote: CCC
I would like to here more of your cases (town and scum) on ppl. I'm not sure what to make of you currently.

Also, I'm interested in hearing these associatives too.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (isolation #80) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:19 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1143, Gamma Emerald wrote:Will you grant my request?
I'm doing a readlist thoroughly explaining my thoughts and feelings on the roster.

Sharing the notes I took on the side seems unnecessary since its basically my roughed out isolated posts, speculative secret tells, and some off the wall theories I didn't bother mentioning in the thread proper. The game i did the "open" catch-up notes in had many pages of content to cover, and I was a replacement. I'm not replace into the game so... why?
Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1143, Gamma Emerald wrote:Will you grant my request?
That was @Grendel, FYI. Also, he just left.
Great.
I'm back and forth trying to submit online hw before 12. sry
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1148 (isolation #81) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:30 pm

Post by Grendel »

Meh, I was the one procrasnating on my hw so no big d.

I still want to know why you want to see my game notes though.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1150 (isolation #82) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:53 pm

Post by Grendel »

Well, as I said many of my posts come straight from my notes, so you could always check see my isolated posts for that.

Though I'm too self aware to make the same play as scum with the same person I just finished a game with. So even if I were scum you wouldn't catch me like that.

But go ahead and tell me your thoughts anyhow. I'm interested in what you have to say.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1152 (isolation #83) » Wed Sep 28, 2016 5:04 pm

Post by Grendel »

Well, I meant that if you wanted to pick apart my play this game then do it.

I find this sort of thing entertaining.

but yeah, reads lists are cool too. The more of those the better imo.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1361 (isolation #84) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Grendel »

Hmm... it looks like a lot of people started coming to the same conclusions I had a couple of days ago while rereading.

I don't know If I feel happy that people are seeing the game the way I am, or salty that I didn't get to lead people to the same conclusion.

I guess I'll never be vocal enough to be the leader. :/

Hold on-
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1364 (isolation #85) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Grendel »

Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, how is the catch-up altogether?
I'm formatting it right now with spoilers.
Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah but you were vocal in NPBR dude.
But I didn't get to lead a lynch on scum. I also died super early.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1366 (isolation #86) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:12 am

Post by Grendel »

Spoiler: Gerryoat
My first thoughts on Gerryoat were not liking the start of his play this game. In particular how he refuses to consider anything before the fifth page as helpful in finding peoples alignments. He went on the restate this when I posted my analysis, (47 and 109). Then when I pointed out that me pulling reads out of what he called “nullness” would in fact be reason to suspect me. (167) He didn’t disagree, he even said that somebody posting in-depth reads using the first three pages of a mafia game is suspect, but he avoided calling me scummy for it. Instead he opted to stay on Rhazhbash because he was, “much worse”.

He then goes on to town read me while giving little back bone as to why. I later asked for more elaboration to this and his response was that he town read me because of what I had done up to that point. He does this without actually saying what I done that is townie. His town read on me is vague. Keeping me as his top town read most of D1 without directly saying what about me is town, (and no I’m not counting the” everything about you is town” thing), making that read look really contrived. It wasn’t until his read list at post 679 that he said it was mainly that my scum hunting looked genuine.

… BUT
I actually didn’t find his suspsions of Square to be bad though. Gerry could definite have been pushing that wagon with town intentions. Square read’s were riddled with contradictions. Which many people see as scummy, and can be scummy. (828 & 888). His scum read on victor today looks good too.

Looking into other games Gerry had played on site I think that he is likely town here. Looking at Machiavellian mafia I saw that Gerry is crazy good at distancing his scum buddies. TO the point that it looked like he was getting into a personal affront with his scum buddy Maria. The back an forth between Gerry and Victor at the start of the day look way too weak to be scum Gerry, and Victor. Gerry also doesn’t make sense with Gamma’s buddying yesterday. With Gerry not matching either proposed scum team I’d say he is town.

Spoiler: House
House: I wasn’t sure how I felt about widely scum read, lynch baity, Rhazhbash.

House looks pretty town. He is much more… crass in his interactions with people as town then as scum. Some of his interactions with Eager and Gamma look a lot like how House reacts to being scum read as town. Though I will admit that I'm operating off a small sample size, and I'm frankly nervous about trying to meta him like ever.

Also his reads are lining up a lot like mine are.

Spoiler: VictorDeAngelo
Glancing through Victor’s interactions with Eager yesterday-- Victor looks… like he is pulling Scum Theater with Eager. I mean he pushes Eager off and on throughout most of D1 then leaves the snake wagon for Square. If Victor is scum it would also explain why he would see his scum buddy making suspect posts way back at day start where others see derpy town, or non-AI derp play, given Victor would be in an informed position.

I also think that his would vote list in post 900 is bad in that none of those players have scum team chemistry together. Meanwhile he kept layers he seems to think is scummy on his “Not today” list, first one comes to mind is Gerry, but he didn’t seem to like Manuel much either looking back at (340).

Him blaming Gerry for the rivaling square wagon when Victor himself said he would prefer a Square lynch over Snake doesn’t make me feel any better about this slot. Why was Victor so happy to be on a wagon started by somebody he said was, “gives next to nothing on his scum reads… someone trying to not rock the boat.” (post 900 about Gerry). Also Why is Victor trying to shift blame away from himself? As town I typically acknowledge once I realize I made a bad choice instead of projecting my decisions onto another player. :/

Side note, I don’t think Victor and CCC would be scum together. Looking at 1086 Victor lays a town read at CCC’s feet right after CCC names him off as probscum. That plus the defenses of CCC earlier this game looks a bit like Victor is hoping to garner CCC’s trust. Which he wouldn’t need to do if they were both scum.

Can’t help but feel like this guy has been flying under my radar this game. He is actually a whole lot scummier then I originally thought.

Spoiler: Manuel
I think that Manuel is town. Aside from Eager’s push on Manuel, Manuel is also voting probscum Gamma. Meaning that Manuel would be casuelly tossing both buddies under the bus as scum. Manuel really doesn’t seem like the kind of scum player to pull those kind of shenanigans.
Pretty cut and dry.

Spoiler: Gamma
I’ve already said enough about Gamma honestly. His play this game has not been reflective of how he played as town. And the few things I expected town!Gamma to do, lots of early game nitpicking with other players, Gamma flexing town frustration, and Gamma trying his darnest to sort me early came out too weak, and/or too late. All and all I really don't see Gamma being town.

Spoiler: CCC
CCC is okay I guess. My gut really wants to town read him... but logically speak CCC has been pretty null. I guess if Victor is scum CCC would be good for town.

Spoiler: Hunteress
I haven’t been thrilled with her play thus far this game as she really hasn’t said much that stood out to me. But Huntress was among the first on the eager snake’s wagon, and stuck by Manuel at EoD. So I’m not inclined to think she is a scum lord, there are others that make much more sense as scum with eager.... well at least currently.

I meant to check her previous scum games to see how she buses, but didn't get around to it.

Spoiler: Jester
IDk about Jester. He has really fallen off the radar. And his last posts at 1262, and 1267 don’t tell me anything

Basically looking at:
Manuel, House, Gerry
CCC, Huntress, Jester,
Victor, Gamma

And my preferred lynch order would probably be starting at Gamma and working my way to Jester. Huntress could be a maybe depending on certain variables.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1367 (isolation #87) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:18 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1365, Gamma Emerald wrote:Well yeah but you were a good leader.
-Help I have no idea how to accept praise-
thanks... :)

You never did post a reads list did you?

You should do that.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1375 (isolation #88) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1370, House wrote:
In post 1366, Grendel wrote:Looking at 1086 Victor lays a town read at CCC’s feet right after CCC names him off as probscum.
That's textbook scum play dude.
Between the three of them It would make sense for Victor to distance from both Eager and CCC as scum. Victor was best set up to go deep. But Him town reading CCC while CCC throws shade?

Can you walk me through this?

It seems like it'd be the other way around.
House wrote:Everyone, remember when you were so convinced Manuel was scum and I was saying he was town and to lynch this other guy instead?

Remember what happened?

Let's do that again.

Gamma is town. Lynch Victor instead.
Gamma is so off his town game it isn't even funny.

And you were in agreement that Gamma was scum until you suddenly weren't. You were even claiming credit for the wagon. :?

It looks more like you're just bored of playing with Gamma, and want to mess with Victor now. I'd rather lynch the scummiest dude first.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1376 (isolation #89) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 7:54 am

Post by Grendel »

At the very least you could explain why Gamma is town now instead of just announcing it like we can read your mind.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1386 (isolation #90) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:11 am

Post by Grendel »

@CCC
Hey are you doing anymore math stuff? I like reading that sort of thing!
House wrote:
In post 1376, Grendel wrote:At the very least you could explain why Gamma is town now instead of just announcing it like we can read your mind.
If you are scumreading Victor, you have zero reason not to vote him.

Victor has a viable wagon. I will not let Gamma be lynched today.
I am scum reading Victor, but I'm not happy to cave into the possessive controlling nature you play this game with.

You're incredibly unfun to play with because you expect everybody to drop what there doing and follow you.

And yes this is much more a personal bias then logical but I don't really care atm.

Explain why Gamma is town FIRST. Work with me FIRST before you go ordering me around like I can't have an opinion.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1387 (isolation #91) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 8:14 am

Post by Grendel »

You reaction to me asking why Gamma is town was to tell me that Victor is scum. Give me the respect of a straight answer House.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1396 (isolation #92) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:00 am

Post by Grendel »

VOTE: Victor

I'm glad I took a minute to step away from the game.

This is
L-1
right?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1399 (isolation #93) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:24 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1394, Gamma Emerald wrote:CCC that is arbitrary as fuck.
Idk how efficient it is as a method for finding scum, but I still find it really fascinating.
House wrote:
In post 1396, Grendel wrote:VOTE: Victor

I'm glad I took a minute to step away from the game.

This is
L-1
right?
For what it's worth, there's a solid chance I'll be sheeping you if there is a tomorrow for me, because all I have left are a couple grays in the way of suspicion and you're a solid townread.

Also yes, that vote should be L-1.
Here's to hopefully bowling a perfect game.

Also sounds like I really need to dig tonight. It'd be embarrassing if I got the baton tomarrow and screw up after all the "I can do it" pretenses I put up.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1400 (isolation #94) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 9:27 am

Post by Grendel »

@House you played with Hunteress, Jester before right?

What are they like normally?

They really haven't had much presence this game, and I'm not sure where to look into with them.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1457 (isolation #95) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:46 am

Post by Grendel »

Uhh well okay then. :/

Ending the day prematurely is a really ballzy move for Scum!Jester.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1461 (isolation #96) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:54 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1402, House wrote:
In post 1400, Grendel wrote:@House you played with Hunteress, Jester before right?
Do you have any clue how many games I've played?

G'head, look it up.

That said, I don't recognize either of them. If I did, there's a good chance I wouldn't have them at null.
I haven't yet, but I'm sure its more then all the games the people on this roster have played collectively. I really wasn't questioning your experience though. Your experiance was why I asked if you'd played with them before.

That's a good point.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1463 (isolation #97) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:59 am

Post by Grendel »

Who were you thinking is last scum Jester?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1467 (isolation #98) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Grendel »

Oh, I get it now.

You town read Gamma to get his vote. Right?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1468 (isolation #99) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1139, Huntress wrote:Going to recheck my read on Gamma because I was getting a more town vibe from him towards the end of Day one. Also Grendel as I had him down as a possible associate of CCC and/or eager.
Do you still stand by this Huntress?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1469 (isolation #100) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Grendel »

I kind of want reads from people you haven't being talkative lately before Eggman ends the day...
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1471 (isolation #101) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1469, Grendel wrote:I kind of want reads from people who haven't being talkative lately before Eggman ends the day...
fix'd

I'm a walking grammatical error.
The_Jester wrote:Meh Huntress' town
How strong a tr?

And if you can, why you feel that way.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1485 (isolation #102) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:48 pm

Post by Grendel »

Gamma Emerald wrote:Did you meta me?
Ohhh, now this sounds like a scum claim.

Who reacts to being scum read by wondering if they were just meta'd lol?!
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1497 (isolation #103) » Fri Sep 30, 2016 1:05 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 1491, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1485, Grendel wrote:
Gamma Emerald wrote:Did you meta me?
Ohhh, now this sounds like a scum claim.

Who reacts to being scum read by wondering if they were just meta'd lol?!
I had a town game where I challenged the town PR Day 2. MY challenge of House IS my town play.
I don't really buy that, but you can link said game anyway.

If I can read it tonight I will.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2251 (isolation #104) » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:07 pm

Post by Grendel »

In post 2248, CCC wrote:[quote "In the ghost thread, Grendel"]Also Shame on CCC, this is where he should be preforming at his best, he has pages of data to use. He is supposed to be the analytical, mathematical, skeptical, note taker of the group after all. He is being so complacent when he is in a position to tear up the game... or at least try something outside of VC analysis.
My lack of experience was showing; this was the first time I've
survived
until anywhere near LYLO. You're right, I
should
have asked how come Manuel was still alive. Aside from that... well, there were a couple of other clues here and there, but I saw nothing scummy enough to counter the day one townread on Manuel, while Jester/malpa's vote record was terrible... so I probably would still have scumread him over Manuel, even if I had asked that question.
Yeah, I think was being kinda hard on you. I always have high expectations of players that adopt statistical playsytle, and their ability to narrow the lynch pool, and later Identify scum. Plus I was frustrated at the time.
In post 2249, Gamma Emerald wrote:D1 kill: PR
D2 kill: framing me
d3 kill: PR
If we lynched Gerry and Manuel wasn't dead, THEN questions should have been asked.
I'd argue that House could have been set up as last day mislynch. Manuel was universally town read. House was universally town read for a while too, but having two mislynches under his belt, claiming to be PR when three had already flipped, and BoP would have made lylo a real fight for House. If I were scum and both House and Manuel were town, I'd kill manuel because there would be zero chance he'd be mislynched, while House would still be hard to mislynch it could be possible.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2253 (isolation #105) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:50 am

Post by Grendel »

^well case in point I guess.

@Eggman
How was your first time modding? And did you enjoy the show?
Manuel87 wrote:
In post 2234, eagerSnake wrote: I honestly forgot you were my partner and didn't check the PT until you were already at l-1.. that's when I backed off some but it was too late
Haha well it worked out in the end.
Night one was the hardest choice and i wasnt 100% sure about Gerry being the traitor so i decided ill risk it and target the one person i know is town and a PR.
I also checked Victor as rolecop and was like f...
After day 2 i thought House could be the traitor because of his comment about us being scum together so didnt want to kill him.
Yeah, still think it was funny how Victor wifom'd him self away from the cc PR.

I wonder if I had hammered before square cc'd D1 if this game would have turned out different.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2254 (isolation #106) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:51 am

Post by Grendel »

OH, and congrats on winning the game scumlordz! :)

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”