Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1800 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:20 pm

Post by Zoronos »

Seriously, I swear you people post just to make me look like an idiot. At least it wasn't boring post the answer to a question right before I asked it.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1801 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1798, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Woah, forgot about this game. I read up and this what I have so far.

I'm a little disturbed by Penguin's push on Zoro. It reads as if he's not been reading what Zoro been asking and thinking. Just skimming. Zoro has been sorting like a mad man and his conclusions and observations have been worth the read so far.

I also don't forget how you can forget a read on someone. This is the only thing that has pinged me about Gamma really. I find it hard to believe and the only explanation that seems to make sense is that he's faking his reads. The question then becomes, is this some sort of next level strategy to catch scum or is he scum feeling pressured to put up content?
So which one are you going to vote?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1802 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:21 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I can forget a read because there's a lot of stuff to take in; a current read can displace some of my memories of a past read.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1803 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:22 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1801, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1798, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Woah, forgot about this game. I read up and this what I have so far.

I'm a little disturbed by Penguin's push on Zoro. It reads as if he's not been reading what Zoro been asking and thinking. Just skimming. Zoro has been sorting like a mad man and his conclusions and observations have been worth the read so far.

I also don't forget how you can forget a read on someone. This is the only thing that has pinged me about Gamma really. I find it hard to believe and the only explanation that seems to make sense is that he's faking his reads. The question then becomes, is this some sort of next level strategy to catch scum or is he scum feeling pressured to put up content?
Yeah sure make that comment it's not like you're close to getting lynched
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1804 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:29 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1071, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1070, eagerSnake wrote:Also calling it 'scum theater' implies that there is 2 scum involved, which in this scenario would mean S_S and I are performing scum theater. Basically setting herself up to lynch him tomorrow when I flip
WHAT
You could have phrased that better.
BTW,
this
was going to be my proof that me and Eager weren't buddies. Why the hell
wouldn't
I state this in the scum chat? I decided to quote this because boring raised the concern of my promising a defense on allegations of being buddies with Eager being a fake clear.
<Embrace The Void>

PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1805 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

In post 1803, Gamma Emerald wrote:Yeah sure make that comment it's not like you're close to getting lynched
Then don't be scum?

I'd like for Uzi to
do
something. Him and Zoronos are triggering me. At least Zoronos has a vote down now.
PenguinPower
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
PenguinPower
He/Him
.peng
.peng

Post Post #1806 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Post by PenguinPower »

EBWOP: Then don't be scummy?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1807 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 12:46 pm

Post by nn30 »

He forgot reads before as well. I called him out earlier in the game on it.
Dierfire
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Dierfire
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1808 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 2:49 pm

Post by Dierfire »

@Gamma Emerald
In post 1764, Gamma Emerald wrote:I said "I have evidence that me and Eager are not scumbuddies" and he flipped town. Why the fuck would I say that as scum?
I'd just be like "okay I know I'm safe from this point so just forget about it".
It indicates I did not know his alignment before the flip, clearing me.
I will argue that the underlined is precisely what you have done!

---
I read the case presented by Grendel in . I haven't read the off-site game in question (yet, probably I will not do so at all as Gamma Emerald seems not to dispute the facts but rather to argue that he didn't have sufficient experience with Grendel to read him as well as Grendel seems to think he should have). The depth of the case reassures me about Grendel and encourages me in my vote on Gamma Emerald.

---
I don't like that Lil Uzi Vert hasn't cast a vote yet today. My next task is reading Lil Uzi Vert; this will happen within roughly 24 hours.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1809 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:19 pm

Post by boring »

In post 1799, Zoronos wrote:Actually, hey Boring who do you think is the scum and why?
LUV because he's been scummy. I don't think he forgot about the game, by the way. How do you forget you're in a game? I think he was lurking in the hopes that we'd forget about him and focus on other players. I mean at this point, unless he's REALLY bad town, it's his best chance to stay alive as scum.

I've been rethinking my stance on Gamma. As I said before to Grendel, I think I have a stronger town read on Grendel than Gamma, and Grendel is putting his word on the line that Gamma is scum. I skimmed through the last game (I'll admit I didn't scour it because if I had time to scour a game, I'd be better off doing this one) and he didn't "forget" who he was voting for. He was flaky, of course, but consistent within his own pattern of whatever.

I can also see how Penguin could be scum, but I really don't think he and Gamma could be scum together.

Every time implosion feels scummy. His posts seem opportunistic, he errs on the side of strawman, and he's unnecessarily hostile. On the other hand, he might not be scum.

I think Shadow could be scum because eager, but I've accepted that I could have just been wrong. It's just that the idea of two ascetics is crazy.

I've had a few tinfoils run through my head in which nn30, Grendel, and/or Prism could be scum, but I already have more scum than there are scum, and so I don't have time to entertain it.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1810 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:48 pm

Post by Zoronos »

re: Boring
A few thoughts:
- I agree PP + Gamma both being scum is unlikely. I see PP as the much more likely scum though, since his efforts to scum hunt this game have basically been zilch. He's parked on a couple fucks and then wandered off. No effort shown to acquire or develop reads. But anyway.
- My problem with Implosion is that he seems focused on arguing about things, rather than hunting scum. His posts from last night were lots of theory, and argumentation with other players, but none of those arguments were part of offensive scum cases. There was some defensive arguments, and some "You're playing bad" but no focus on finding scum. That's what bothers me about Implosion.
You say "On the other hand, he might not be scum" which is kinda true for every player in this game. Which side do you think is more likely? My apologies, but having an on-the-other-hand makes this read seem a bit wishy-washy.
- I think Shadowed Scum is unlikely just based on his D1 play. I am putting the setup meta out of mind as much as I can on that point.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #1811 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 5:53 pm

Post by Prism »

Hi all, apologies for my absence.

I haven't had time to do any of my project rereads and won't until Saturday.

Skimming the last few pages, Gamma's repeated inconsistency is definitely worth more looking into but it appears to be largely due to lack of caring. Can anyone with experience with Gamma weigh in on how well he keeps his read mapping straight in games he's flipped town?

Also still need more LUV votes, I hate to be mean but if he's town he's dug himself a hole he's not getting out of minus becoming mechanically clear. Plagiarizing me, saying I was null afterwards, denying it, and being unable to substantiate any of his claims about me all add up to a headscratcher of a game if he's town. I don't think assuming he's scum for it is a bad idea.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1812 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1801, PenguinPower wrote:

Heavily leaning Gamma right now but I just don't think he's doing either of the things that I had posed after rereading his ISO. I really don't buy the forgetting the reads thing though and it downright just doesn't sit well with me at this point. I'll have to sleep on it and see where my heads at tomorrow.
In post 1802, Gamma Emerald wrote:I can forget a read because there's a lot of stuff to take in; a current read can displace some of my memories of a past read.
What's been a lot to take in? If I recall correctly, you haven't shown signs of being overwhelmed.
In post 1807, nn30 wrote:

He forgot reads before as well. I called him out earlier in the game on it.
That you did. Noted!
In post 1808, Dierfire wrote:
@Gamma Emerald
In post 1764, Gamma Emerald wrote:I said "I have evidence that me and Eager are not scumbuddies" and he flipped town. Why the fuck would I say that as scum?
I'd just be like "okay I know I'm safe from this point so just forget about it".
It indicates I did not know his alignment before the flip, clearing me.
I will argue that the underlined is precisely what you have done!

---
I read the case presented by Grendel in . I haven't read the off-site game in question (yet, probably I will not do so at all as Gamma Emerald seems not to dispute the facts but rather to argue that he didn't have sufficient experience with Grendel to read him as well as Grendel seems to think he should have). The depth of the case reassures me about Grendel and encourages me in my vote on Gamma Emerald.

---
I don't like that Lil Uzi Vert hasn't cast a vote yet today. My next task is reading Lil Uzi Vert; this will happen within roughly 24 hours.
Why don't you like that I haven't? Who do you think I should be voting for?
In post 1809, boring wrote:
In post 1799, Zoronos wrote:Actually, hey Boring who do you think is the scum and why?
LUV because he's been scummy. I don't think he forgot about the game, by the way. How do you forget you're in a game? I think he was lurking in the hopes that we'd forget about him and focus on other players. I mean at this point, unless he's REALLY bad town, it's his best chance to stay alive as scum.

I've been rethinking my stance on Gamma. As I said before to Grendel, I think I have a stronger town read on Grendel than Gamma, and Grendel is putting his word on the line that Gamma is scum. I skimmed through the last game (I'll admit I didn't scour it because if I had time to scour a game, I'd be better off doing this one) and he didn't "forget" who he was voting for. He was flaky, of course, but consistent within his own pattern of whatever.

I can also see how Penguin could be scum, but I really don't think he and Gamma could be scum together.

Every time implosion feels scummy. His posts seem opportunistic, he errs on the side of strawman, and he's unnecessarily hostile. On the other hand, he might not be scum.

I think Shadow could be scum because eager, but I've accepted that I could have just been wrong. It's just that the idea of two ascetics is crazy.

I've had a few tinfoils run through my head in which nn30, Grendel, and/or Prism could be scum, but I already have more scum than there are scum, and so I don't have time to entertain it.
Forgot as in I'm in like 2 other games right and I'm way into one of those of two a lot more then I'm into this one. Without violating site rules as to why I am, I'll just leave it at the fact that I'm human.
In post 1811, Prism wrote:Hi all, apologies for my absence.

I haven't had time to do any of my project rereads and won't until Saturday.

Skimming the last few pages, Gamma's repeated inconsistency is definitely worth more looking into but it appears to be largely due to lack of caring. Can anyone with experience with Gamma weigh in on how well he keeps his read mapping straight in games he's flipped town?

Also still need more LUV votes, I hate to be mean but if he's town he's dug himself a hole he's not getting out of minus becoming mechanically clear. Plagiarizing me, saying I was null afterwards, denying it, and being unable to substantiate any of his claims about me all add up to a headscratcher of a game if he's town. I don't think assuming he's scum for it is a bad idea.
I didn't plagiarize you and even if I did, you're implying that I couldn't have you at null. Again, why are you so concerned with how you're being read?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1813 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:25 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Could the people who scum read Implosion tell me why?
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1814 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:36 pm

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Yeah I just skimmed Implosion's ISO and outside of the theory stuff I don't really see why he's being scum read.

His frustration with Shadow sounds like it's coming from town and I think his back and forth with boring is play style and personality clash.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1815 (ISO) » Thu Oct 20, 2016 9:46 pm

Post by Zoronos »

In post 1813, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Could the people who scum read Implosion tell me why?
In post 1810, Zoronos wrote: - My problem with Implosion is that he seems focused on arguing about things, rather than hunting scum. His posts from last night were lots of theory, and argumentation with other players, but none of those arguments were part of offensive scum cases. There was some defensive arguments, and some "You're playing bad" but no focus on finding scum. That's what bothers me about Implosion.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1816 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 2:40 am

Post by boring »

In post 1810, Zoronos wrote:You say "On the other hand, he might not be scum" which is kinda true for every player in this game. Which side do you think is more likely? My apologies, but having an on-the-other-hand makes this read seem a bit wishy-washy.
That's because it
is
wishy-washy. I'm afraid to risk another TvT day when there are 2-3 other scum running around. His posts feel scummy. His big-picture is scummy. When it comes to inferring motivation, I'm falling a little short. He could be trying to stir up trouble and get some easy mislynches. I'm pretty low-hanging fruit right now, and everyone knows it. But, I have to ask myself whether I'd still see him in a scummy light if he was tunneling someone else instead of me? Am I having a knee-jerk reaction?

Your partial validation of my observations helps. I know
Prism
was after him a while back, and I'd like to see an update on implosion from him.
Dierfire
also appears to have a problem at least with this approach, but I'm not sure if he's inferring alignment with it. His perspective could also help. I think the three of you are town. I also think
nn30
and
Grendel
are town. So their views won't hurt either.
Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1817 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:24 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 1770, Gamma Emerald wrote:And as I said, me pre-defending myself on ties to Eager clears me.
What the hell does this mean?
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1818 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1526, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have some good reasons me and Eager can't be scum, but I'll wait until tomorrow.
I was promising a defense on why me and Eager could not be partners.
In post 1804, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1071, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1070, eagerSnake wrote:Also calling it 'scum theater' implies that there is 2 scum involved, which in this scenario would mean S_S and I are performing scum theater. Basically setting herself up to lynch him tomorrow when I flip
WHAT
You could have phrased that better.
BTW,
this
was going to be my proof that me and Eager weren't buddies. Why the hell
wouldn't
I state this in the scum chat? I decided to quote this because boring raised the concern of my promising a defense on allegations of being buddies with Eager being a fake clear.
And this was going to be my proof.
<Embrace The Void>

Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1819 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Zoronos »

Grendel, you probably want to stop relying on trivial 'x clears me' . It convinces nobody and replaces useful content. And is annoying.
Helpful hint.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1820 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Zoronos »

And by Grendel I mean gamma because my brain is offline today.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1821 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:39 am

Post by Grendel »

I'll be back in a few hours to most something else I've mean meaning to do since this day started.
In post 1812, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1808, Dierfire wrote: I don't like that Lil Uzi Vert hasn't cast a vote yet today. My next task is reading Lil Uzi Vert; this will happen within roughly 24 hours.
Why don't you like that I haven't? Who do you think I should be voting for?
Because you're afraid of having to be held accountable for you actions lol

How about voting Gamma? He is clearly among your top suspects yea?
Zoronos wrote:Grendel, you probably want to stop relying on trivial 'x clears me' . It convinces nobody and replaces useful content. And is annoying.
Helpful hint.
???
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1822 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:39 am

Post by Grendel »

Oh, never mind Zoronos.
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1823 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:44 am

Post by Grendel »

In post 1816, boring wrote:
In post 1810, Zoronos wrote:You say "On the other hand, he might not be scum" which is kinda true for every player in this game. Which side do you think is more likely? My apologies, but having an on-the-other-hand makes this read seem a bit wishy-washy.
That's because it
is
wishy-washy. I'm afraid to risk another TvT day when there are 2-3 other scum running around. His posts feel scummy. His big-picture is scummy. When it comes to inferring motivation, I'm falling a little short. He could be trying to stir up trouble and get some easy mislynches. I'm pretty low-hanging fruit right now, and everyone knows it. But, I have to ask myself whether I'd still see him in a scummy light if he was tunneling someone else instead of me? Am I having a knee-jerk reaction?
Well... do you think you're having a knee-jerk reaction?

I'm okay with LUV getting lynched, but my top priority right now is Gamma.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1824 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:46 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hrm
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
OPPORTUNISTIC VOTE
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”