podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1825 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:49 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 2.11
LynchingWith 11 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Gamma Emerald
(4): Shadow_step, Dierfire, Grendel, nn30
Lil Uzi Vert
(3): boring, Prism, Gamma Emerald
Penguin Power
(1): Zoronos
boring
(1): implosion
Zoronos
(1): PenguinPower

Not Voting
(1): Lil Uzi Vert,

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-30 12:31:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1826 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:59 am

Post by boring »

In post 1823, Grendel wrote:
In post 1816, boring wrote:
In post 1810, Zoronos wrote:You say "On the other hand, he might not be scum" which is kinda true for every player in this game. Which side do you think is more likely? My apologies, but having an on-the-other-hand makes this read seem a bit wishy-washy.
That's because it
is
wishy-washy. I'm afraid to risk another TvT day when there are 2-3 other scum running around. His posts feel scummy. His big-picture is scummy. When it comes to inferring motivation, I'm falling a little short. He could be trying to stir up trouble and get some easy mislynches. I'm pretty low-hanging fruit right now, and everyone knows it. But, I have to ask myself whether I'd still see him in a scummy light if he was tunneling someone else instead of me? Am I having a knee-jerk reaction?
Well... do you think you're having a knee-jerk reaction?

I'm okay with LUV getting lynched, but my top priority right now is Gamma.
I think I'm maybe having a knee-jerk reaction, but that my knee-jerk reaction isn't necessarily wrong. Hence the request for feedback.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1827 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:00 am

Post by boring »

In post 1824, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hrm
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
OPPORTUNISTIC VOTE
I'm uncomfortable with this. As much as I want to see LUV lynched today, I don't understand why
you're
voting him.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #1828 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:32 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I'm voting him because
1) I find him scummy
2) He's my counterwagon
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1829 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:51 am

Post by boring »

In post 1828, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm voting him because
1) I find him scummy
2) He's my counterwagon
I thought you were just town reading him, and aren't you scum-reading me? Someone being your counterwagon is a terrible reason to vote them.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1830 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:59 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 1816, boring wrote:
In post 1810, Zoronos wrote:You say "On the other hand, he might not be scum" which is kinda true for every player in this game. Which side do you think is more likely? My apologies, but having an on-the-other-hand makes this read seem a bit wishy-washy.
That's because it
is
wishy-washy. I'm afraid to risk another TvT day when there are 2-3 other scum running around. His posts feel scummy. His big-picture is scummy. When it comes to inferring motivation, I'm falling a little short. He could be trying to stir up trouble and get some easy mislynches. I'm pretty low-hanging fruit right now, and everyone knows it. But, I have to ask myself whether I'd still see him in a scummy light if he was tunneling someone else instead of me? Am I having a knee-jerk reaction?

Your partial validation of my observations helps. I know
Prism
was after him a while back, and I'd like to see an update on implosion from him.
Dierfire
also appears to have a problem at least with this approach, but I'm not sure if he's inferring alignment with it. His perspective could also help. I think the three of you are town. I also think
nn30
and
Grendel
are town. So their views won't hurt either.
I feel like you didn't really answer my question.
When you say you're afraid you don't want to risk another TvT day is that because your read on Implosion is just a slight lean versus a full blown This Is The Scum Vote It Now? Or something else?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1831 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:01 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1829, boring wrote:
In post 1828, Gamma Emerald wrote:I'm voting him because
1) I find him scummy
2) He's my counterwagon
I thought you were just town reading him, and aren't you scum-reading me? Someone being your counterwagon is a terrible reason to vote them.
I am scumreading you, but I'm also scumreading him.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1832 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:02 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

And I just came off another scumread for that vote.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1833 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:05 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Also, it seems I'm catching a lot of flack for forgetting who I townread. How is being forgetful scummy? I would think it's towny to forget, as scum need to keep a proper facade. I've forgotten what I've said in the past multiple times. Do you seriously think I would slip up so many times as scum?
<Embrace The Void>

nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1834 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:18 am

Post by nn30 »

@Gamma - it indicates that you don't have a set of town reads / scum reads in your head. The fact that you can forget them so easily definitely feels scummy.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1835 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

But I've done it multiple times. Do you think I would be so bad as scum to screw up so much? Do you think I wouldn't have been told in daychat what to say?
<Embrace The Void>

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1836 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1815, Zoronos wrote:
In post 1813, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Could the people who scum read Implosion tell me why?
In post 1810, Zoronos wrote: - My problem with Implosion is that he seems focused on arguing about things, rather than hunting scum. His posts from last night were lots of theory, and argumentation with other players, but none of those arguments were part of offensive scum cases. There was some defensive arguments, and some "You're playing bad" but no focus on finding scum. That's what bothers me about Implosion.
I wouldn't say he's interested in arguing because if I'm recalling correctly, outside of his take on using meta he hasn't really incited or started arguments about what I assume to be things you find irrelevant. He just seems to be passionate about how he plays and he's defending that because he's been attacked about some of his views and opinions.

I think he needs to look outside of boring more though but for now I don't see anything scummy from him.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1837 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:05 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1818, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1526, Gamma Emerald wrote:I have some good reasons me and Eager can't be scum, but I'll wait until tomorrow.
I was promising a defense on why me and Eager could not be partners.
In post 1804, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1071, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1070, eagerSnake wrote:Also calling it 'scum theater' implies that there is 2 scum involved, which in this scenario would mean S_S and I are performing scum theater. Basically setting herself up to lynch him tomorrow when I flip
WHAT
You could have phrased that better.
BTW,
this
was going to be my proof that me and Eager weren't buddies. Why the hell
wouldn't
I state this in the scum chat? I decided to quote this because boring raised the concern of my promising a defense on allegations of being buddies with Eager being a fake clear.
And this was going to be my proof.
Why did you feel the need to bring this up? Seems pretty irrelevant now.
In post 1821, Grendel wrote:I'll be back in a few hours to most something else I've mean meaning to do since this day started.
In post 1812, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1808, Dierfire wrote: I don't like that Lil Uzi Vert hasn't cast a vote yet today. My next task is reading Lil Uzi Vert; this will happen within roughly 24 hours.
Why don't you like that I haven't? Who do you think I should be voting for?
Because you're afraid of having to be held accountable for you actions lol

How about voting Gamma? He is clearly among your top suspects yea?
Zoronos wrote:Grendel, you probably want to stop relying on trivial 'x clears me' . It convinces nobody and replaces useful content. And is annoying.
Helpful hint.
???
I'm not afraid at all, I hammered yesterday. I just don't want a repeat of Day 1, as in a mislynch but I guess I just have to understand that it happens. I just want play a flawless game but this is quickly teaching me how impossible that is.
In post 1824, Gamma Emerald wrote:Hrm
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
OPPORTUNISTIC VOTE
Um, ok.
In post 1833, Gamma Emerald wrote:Also, it seems I'm catching a lot of flack for forgetting who I townread. How is being forgetful scummy? I would think it's towny to forget, as scum need to keep a proper facade. I've forgotten what I've said in the past multiple times. Do you seriously think I would slip up so many times as scum?
I don't see how you don't see being forgetful is scummy. It shows you're making no effort to solve the game and are not only keeping a facade, but hiding behind a mask. It isn't that hard to reread or keep notes.

As for slipping, you could be pretending to be so scummy that you can't possible be scum.
In post 1835, Gamma Emerald wrote:But I've done it multiple times. Do you think I would be so bad as scum to screw up so much? Do you think I wouldn't have been told in daychat what to say?
You keep acting as if playing the too scummy to be scum card isn't a thing. Why?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1838 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Because daychat exists; I would have stopped fucking up due to warnings from my teammates if I was scum. The legit ONLY way I could be mafia at this point was if I was a Traitor, which I am not.
<Embrace The Void>

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1839 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:12 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In response to Grendal:
I'm not afraid at all, I hammered yesterday. I just don't want a repeat of Day 1, as in a mislynch but I guess I just have to understand that it happens. I just want to play a flawless game but this site is quickly teaching me how impossible that is.
EBWOP
In post 1838, Gamma Emerald wrote:Because daychat exists; I would have stopped fucking up due to warnings from my teammates if I was scum. The legit ONLY way I could be mafia at this point was if I was a Traitor, which I am not.
And the rest of the town is just suppose to rule out the possibility of a Traitor? Just take your word for it?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1840 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:15 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

If I was a traitor, I would have likely buddied the fuck out of someone to paint them as mafia. I haven't buddied anyone.
Also:
LUV, instead of continuing to argue his original point, decided to cede to my Traitor statement.
Looks like scum trying to play it safe on the push.
<Embrace The Void>

Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1841 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:20 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Actually looking back I buddied boring a bit at the start of the game.
<Embrace The Void>

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1842 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1840, Gamma Emerald wrote:If I was a traitor, I would have likely buddied the fuck out of someone to paint them as mafia. I haven't buddied anyone.
Also:
LUV, instead of continuing to argue his original point, decided to cede to my Traitor statement.
Looks like scum trying to play it safe on the push.
I decided to humor you, because not only is your statement about the only you can be mafia is if your Traitor false, it's downright insulting.
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1843 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:22 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 1841, Gamma Emerald wrote:Actually looking back I buddied boring a bit at the start of the game.
:roll:
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1844 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

However, that buddying probably wouldn't incriminate boring upon my flip IF I was mafia.
<Embrace The Void>

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1845 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:40 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

Well, I'm sold but I'm still in a buying mood.

VOTE: Gamma Emerald

This is an L-1 vote. Do not vote without stating intent and allowing a claim and discussion by all players.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1846 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:49 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

WTF? "sold but still in a buying mood"?
<Embrace The Void>

Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1847 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:24 pm

Post by Grendel »

Green are conf town, blue are people I will not consider lynching.
In post 1539, podoboq wrote:
Official Vote Count 1.36
Lynching
FINAL

eagerSnake
(7):
Shadow_step
, boring, PenguinPower,
Dierfire, Prism
, Gamma Emerald, Lil Uzi Vert
boring
(4):
MariaR
, implosion,
nn30
eagerSnake

Not Voting
(2): Zoronos,
Grendel

V/LA
: none

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-18 15:22:00)
I'm going to organize some hypothetical scum teams based off my thought process out lined here:
In post 1710, Grendel wrote: I wasn't gonna say it so early, but my pet theory currently is that scum killed off the Eager wagon to prevent their buddies on that wagon from being PoE later. This of course means that I'm thinking that scum will keep killing off that wagon to make narrowing things down harder. Also I the most scum kills tend to have their own pattern to them dependent to the team. Unfortunately its hard to divine it until later into the game. This theory would mean that I'm expecting two scum on the Eager wagon, with the third scum being off. Also, I predict that the scum off the wagon is the one setting themselves up to go deep.
These are scum teams that I think make a some sense going off the final vote count listed from most to less likely:

Zoronos x LUV x Gamma
Implosion x LUV x Gamma
Zoronos x Gamma x boring
Implosion x Penguin Power x LUV
Implosion x Zoronos x Gamma

Some notes

Spoiler:
-Zoronos, and or Implosion would be the ones setting themselves up to go deep.

-Gamma is present in most of them, and as such I want to start lynching there.

-boring makes sense with Gamma because her reasons for town reading him initially are easy scum method for town reading somebody.

-Gamma Makes sense with Zoronos because his reasons for town reading Zoronos are contrived, and up until then he kept him as null -the best hiding spot for scum-. I recall Zoronos having markedly little to sat about Gamma aside from "mad" voting him, then after unvoting throwing a light scum read Gamma's way. I don't really feel like going back to check his iso to confirm this though that's just how I remember it. Lastly, If Zoronos felt my case was cognizant then why was he not more interested in the prospect of scum Gamma? He was entertaining it earlier after all.

- I'm not opening to considering any scum teams featuring Penguin and Zoronos together, the same for ImplosionXboring, GammaxPenguin, and boringxLUV. From my perspective they have had little scum team chemistry so far this game.

-Though the vote count is going against it I do think that ImplosionxZoronos have some real chemistry together. Their mutual, "I don't trust you", while never really expressing interest in lynching on another past the silly RVS shenanigans looks like keeping each other as back pocket reads. Their interactions looks less like sorting, and more like distancing imo.

-Recently Gamma's "OPPERTUNISTIC VOTE" on LUV looks like some heavy scum distancing to me. I haven't really checked their history in a while, but Gamma is in a position where he wants to distances as hard and as fast as he can from his buddies due to his impending lynch.

-The way the Penguin Power handles LUV feels off to me. I may need to look into this more in future.

- I had something to say about LUV and Implosion but I can't find the evidence now. :(

-I may need to rethink some of my town reads as well. Boring completes a very reasonable scum team featuring both Gamma, and Zoronos, but i currently believe I have a reason to town read her. I think I elaborate later tonight.
podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1848 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:25 pm

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 2.12
LynchingWith 11 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Gamma Emerald
(5): Shadow_step, Dierfire, Grendel, nn30, Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
(3): boring, Prism, Gamma Emerald
Penguin Power
(1): Zoronos
boring
(1): implosion
Zoronos
(1): PenguinPower

Not Voting
(0): nobody

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-30 12:31:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1849 (ISO) » Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:26 pm

Post by Grendel »

NO hammers guys! I have more to say when I get back from dinner!

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”