Mini Normal #1838 - Game Over

podoboq
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: November 07, 2015
Location: Cincy
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1975  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:22 pm

Official Vote Count 2.17
LynchingWith 11 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Lil Uzi Vert (3): boring, Prism, Gamma Emerald
Penguin Power (1): Zoronos
boring (1): implosion
Zoronos (1): PenguinPower

Not Voting (5): Dierfire, Grendel, Lil Uzi Vert, Shadow_step, nn30


Deadline: (expired on 2016-10-30 12:31:00)
Last edited by podoboq on Mon Oct 24, 2016 7:11 am, edited 2 times in total.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1976  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:22 pm

In post 1972, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1971, nn30 wrote:Penguin - I don't have any specific thoughts other than that a meta-diving him on his scum games reveals similar play style to this version of Pengin.


This is funny. Sorry, just want to call this one out for endgame (and as a blatant lie). None of my scum games have been anywhere close to this one. Feel free to meta me, anyone.


Calling me incorrect - that's fine. You know your scum game better than mine. This is your right.

Blatant lie? I'm not understanding how you could believe this is a blatant lie?


My meta read of your scum game is to do exactly what you've just done here, by the way. You latch onto something and get aggressive/sarcastic with people.

In your opinion, what's your scum game consist of?

PenguinPower
Pongwin
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1977  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:30 pm

Point out where I get aggressive in my scum games where I'm not a replacement. That's unfamiliar to me.

Prism
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015

Post Post #1978  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:32 pm

In post 1955, Zoronos wrote:Prism you never answered my question on why you think Penguin is town.
Ctrl+F searching "Prism" in your ISO, you never asked me. I liked his reaction to the wagon on him, it was very brash and a bit selfrighteous. I took implosion's word (think it was multiple people's) word on it at the time that his meta suggested he wasn't like this as scum. Speccing the game linked myself, I agree that this one is noticeably different. It's possible he's grown as a scum player, and his end-Day 1 posts were lackluster, but for now I townread him.
In post 1953, Zoronos wrote:Are you distorting on purpose, or just on accident?
On purpose.
In post 1953, Zoronos wrote:Because was a D2 post where you had been afk all day or otherwise non-contributory. So while your spending the last half of D1 chasing down Implosion is all well and good, you weren't around to help me go after him on D2. If you had actually been around to do anything, it would be false. But you weren't, so.
The point isn't about Day 2 it's the fact that you had more than ample chance to push Implosion but consciously chose not to and even typed up a post about how despite being a top scumread you wouldn't. Be technical and claim it's true for strictly the present moment Day 2 if you want but it seems to me to be a lot more than that. You had just had your chance at Implosion and turned it down.
In post 1953, Zoronos wrote:I am not sure what you think 1447 is saying other than that I had a lean scum read on Implosion and a lean town read on you so... ???
It came off to me as an explanation as to why you weren't voting Implosion with me, since again you made like 7-10 posts citing reasons you thought he was scummy, only to fencesit instead.
In post 1956, Zoronos wrote:
In post 1954, PenguinPower wrote:So why wasn't your vote on your primary scum read at the time?


Because I wasn't sure yet, that's why I was still busy asking questions when LUV swung the hammer.
Did you need to be sure to be a second vote on Implosion when Eager hadn't claimed and was sitting at L-3/L-2?
In post 1953, Zoronos wrote:And I was never building up to hammer eager; I was trying to figure out Boring. Which should have been super obvious from my continual questions to her. And yeah, I'm not putting the second vote on a lean scum read when my primary scum read has 4 votes and is the primary counterwagon to a town read.
You made at least one post indicating a shift away from boring and then explicitly stated that you were starting to think you should hammer Eager. From what I see you never explicitly said you scumread boring-and if you did it might have been a good idea to vote her since she was only at L-3 at the end of the day.
In post 1460, Zoronos wrote:This is kinda reasonable...
Talk to me some more about his contributions. I am going to ignore last night's "wtf is this" bullshit-a-thon for this purpose. Those posts were bad and dumb we both agree, talk to me about his posts from before then.

Also, which alignment do you think is more likely to go off on crazy conspiracy theories, town or scum?
In post 1499, Zoronos wrote:Yes, I'm debating whether I want to hammer Eager or not, thanks for asking. I am trying to make up my mind. His play doesn't comport with rational scum strategy, but he's useless and I wouldn't mind him gone soooo.... deciding.
From what I see you never explicitly said you scumread boring-and if you did it might have been a good idea to vote her since she was only at L-3 at the end of the day. Instead you chose not to vote, or to wait to hammer Eager.
In post 1955, Zoronos wrote:I was frustrated with Eager because I thought he was defending himself ineffectively and otherwise playing poorly, but I kept trying to throw him lifelines to pull himself back. Trying to paint me as having a scum read on Eager is fundamentally disingenuous.
I never said you had a scumread on Eager. I said you were building up to hammer him and this is demonstrably true.

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1979  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:44 pm

Fine, fuck it I will quote my own ISO because apparently you refuse to read it before throwing out posts.

In post 1968, Grendel wrote:
Shouting into the void=/=proactively trying to convince people that Penguin is best wagon.

Well, then. Let's go look at the places where I talked to people specifically.

Here's D1 where I talked to Dierfire about it.
- I specifically told LUV he was top scum, right after my initial explanation of the read ()
- I talked to Boring about it.
/ / - I engaged Gamma about it.
/ / - I talked to Implosion about my case.
- This was kinda in response to a question about me, but I took the opportunity to talk to NN about my Penguin case and why I was okay voting him.
- I talked to Boring about my scum read.
- I reiterated to Boring that I wasn't going to vote Gamma, and was voting Penguin and that she / others should join me there.
- I advocated to you why I thought Penguin was scum.

In post 1968, Grendel wrote:Telling Eager that he needs to act more town+ once again shouting into the void=/= trying to reason directly with the people on Eager's wagon.
How many time did you directly talk to anybody by name when doing your convincing?

*sigh*
Okay, let's just cite. Here's Eager.
- I told SS I town leaned the slot.
- I told Boring I was okay with how Eager played his claim and how the line of questioning on him was invalid.
- After a bunch of talking to Eager about his reads and motivations, here I responded to Penguin and explained why I thought Eager's line of play didn't make sense as scum.
- I told you that ignoring setup meta re: Eager was a good idea.

The thread got into a bit of a lull, so around I rambled a bit, then wandered off into Narnia trying to scum hunt boring or for an alternative train. Maria was basically repeating my point and quoting my post about scum never pre-claiming Ascetic, so I didn't feel much need to individually reiterate that read.
I specifically asked Prism not to swing the hammer in because I was still trying to find a lynch I liked better than Eager. Then he got hammered by LUV.

And here's Gamma:
- I tell Penguin that I think Gamma is town and explain my read.
- I talk with Implosion about my Gamma town read, and explain why I think it's right and that he is wrong to scumread Gamma.
- I tell you that I think Gamma is town.
- I told NN30 I thought Gamma was town.
- I told you again that I think Gamma is town.
- I argued with you some more, repeating that I think Gamma is town.
- I explained to Boring why I thought your argument about Gamma being scum was invalid.
- I told you some more that Gamma was likely town.

So. Yeah. You're seeing what you want, not what actually is. Which blows my mind that you can magically forgot how much I was arguing with *you specifically* that your meta read on Gamma wasn't great and that Penguin was scum, but that's where we are.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1980  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:48 pm

In post 1977, PenguinPower wrote:Point out where I get aggressive in my scum games where I'm not a replacement. That's unfamiliar to me.


Not happening.

PenguinPower
Pongwin
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1981  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:50 pm

Because you can't. K. Thx. Moving on.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1982  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:52 pm

@Prism - are you convinced by Zoro's post? Why or why not?

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1983  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:54 pm

In post 1981, PenguinPower wrote:Because you can't. K. Thx. Moving on.


Let's recap.

I state a weak scum read on you.

You choose to jump all over it.

You ignore my questions about your own scum game.

And now you're attempting a mic drop because I'm refusing to meta dive you again.

VOTE: Penguin

PenguinPower
Pongwin
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1984  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:57 pm

Um...wow. Weak. My scum game has typically been the opposite of what I'm doing now, hence my statement. I'm moving on, because you aren't even trying to defend your (false) statement.

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1985  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:57 pm

Hm, Shadow seemed like he had more to say about Gamma's claim. Want to hear more from him.

Why am I being scum read again? Anyone actually buy the cases boring and Prism are presenting?

Prism
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 19, 2015

Post Post #1986  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:00 pm

In post 1982, nn30 wrote:@Prism - are you convinced by Zoro's post? Why or why not?
No, it just drew more attention to things I found scummy.

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1987  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:00 pm

Penguin, why are you using meta to justify how you're playing this game? If this isn't your scum game, what does this say about your town game?

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1988  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:01 pm

Oh and by the way, I'll be playing from here on forward. Don't think I'll have enough time to do an entire reread of Day 1.

PenguinPower
Pongwin
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1989  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 pm

In post 1987, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Penguin, why are you using meta to justify how you're playing this game? If this isn't your scum game, what does this say about your town game?


I didn't bring up the meta. I'm responding to it. You're asking the wrong person.

PenguinPower
Pongwin
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1990  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:02 pm

In post 1988, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Oh and by the way, I'll be playing from here on forward. Don't think I'll have enough time to do an entire reread of Day 1.


Seems lazy.

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1991  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:05 pm

I'm already tired of wall posting and quote splitting so I am going to respond to Prism roughly in order.
a) Oops. I thought I had quoted your post about your order of lynches, and asked why Penguin was in the town half. But I guess I never posted it while I was talking to NN. That's my bad. I thought I had posted it, but I guess I didn't.
So I'll just ask it properly then, Why is PP town?
b) 'k
c) Well, that was a D2 post so it was the summary of my D2 feelings. If you've got a problem with that, maybe show up D2.
d) It was a summary of my thoughts with explanation. When you quoted that post, you specifically cut off the first line of it. "I want to finish talking to Boring before contemplating flash wagons.". Why wasn't I voting Implosion with you? Because as I said in the first line of the post you quoted, because I wanted to finish talking to Boring before contemplating a flash wagon.
I fail to see how it's unclear why I didn't vote him with you, *because it was in the post you quoted*. You just cut it out of the quote.
e) Yes, because it's how I roll.
f) See (d). I was still trying to figure out boring when the hammer swung. I specifically posted asking you *not* to swing the hammer because I wasn't done yet. Also, if you're looking for the place where I started outlining my suspicion of boring before going into questioning her, is the place you're looking for. If you look a couple posts up () you see I was just talking to Eager about boring being scum. Then I went into questioning boring, because that's how I operate.
g) I was frustrated by his poor play, because it's really hard to defend someone when I kept trying to throw him lifelines to pull himself back and he kept knocking them away and yelling nonsense instead. I tried to cajole him into playing well. I tried to explain to him to play well. Then I started threatening him to play well. But I did not vote him or hammer him, so you are making things up that are not in evidence.

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1992  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:05 pm

In post 1989, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1987, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Penguin, why are you using meta to justify how you're playing this game? If this isn't your scum game, what does this say about your town game?


I didn't bring up the meta. I'm responding to it. You're asking the wrong person.


You can still answer the second question. I'll even reword it.

If this isn't your scum game, what does how you're playing now say about your town game?

Zoronos
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: April 06, 2015
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1993  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:05 pm

That was in response to . Responses are in order to the quote splits.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1994  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:06 pm

In post 1984, PenguinPower wrote:Um...wow. Weak. My scum game has typically been the opposite of what I'm doing now, hence my statement. I'm moving on, because you aren't even trying to defend your (false) statement.


You're doing exactly 0 to prove me wrong.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1995  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:07 pm

In post 1986, Prism wrote:
In post 1982, nn30 wrote:@Prism - are you convinced by Zoro's post? Why or why not?
No, it just drew more attention to things I found scummy.


For example?

PenguinPower
Pongwin
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1996  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:11 pm

In post 1992, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1989, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1987, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Penguin, why are you using meta to justify how you're playing this game? If this isn't your scum game, what does this say about your town game?


I didn't bring up the meta. I'm responding to it. You're asking the wrong person.


You can still answer the second question. I'll even reword it.

If this isn't your scum game, what does how you're playing now say about your town game?


That this is similar to my town game? What do you want me to say? Not sure how that's beneficial.

PenguinPower
Pongwin
 
User avatar
Joined: June 15, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1997  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:11 pm

In post 1994, nn30 wrote:
In post 1984, PenguinPower wrote:Um...wow. Weak. My scum game has typically been the opposite of what I'm doing now, hence my statement. I'm moving on, because you aren't even trying to defend your (false) statement.


You're doing exactly 0 to prove me wrong.


And you're doing 0 to prove your case.

nn30
Mafia Scum
 
User avatar
Joined: August 15, 2016

Post Post #1998  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:12 pm

In post 1952, Gamma Emerald wrote:I definitely see what Prism is talking about now.
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert


What specifically are you referring to?

Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
 
User avatar
Joined: August 09, 2016
Pronoun: He

Post Post #1999  (ISO)  » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:13 pm

In post 1995, nn30 wrote:
In post 1986, Prism wrote:
In post 1982, nn30 wrote:@Prism - are you convinced by Zoro's post? Why or why not?
No, it just drew more attention to things I found scummy.


For example?

In post 1996, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1992, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1989, PenguinPower wrote:
In post 1987, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Penguin, why are you using meta to justify how you're playing this game? If this isn't your scum game, what does this say about your town game?


I didn't bring up the meta. I'm responding to it. You're asking the wrong person.


You can still answer the second question. I'll even reword it.

If this isn't your scum game, what does how you're playing now say about your town game?


That this is similar to my town game? What do you want me to say? Not sure how that's beneficial.


How you're playing now is similar to your town game? So you aren't actually playing your town game? Is that what you're saying?

PreviousNext
[ + ]

Return to Completed Mini Normal Games

cron