podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2025 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:17 am

Post by podoboq »

Official Vote Count 2.19
LynchingWith 11 votes in play, it takes 6 to lynch.

Lil Uzi Vert
(4): boring, Prism, Gamma Emerald, implosion
Penguin Power
(2): Zoronos, nn30
Zoronos
(1): PenguinPower

Not Voting
(4): Dierfire, Grendel, Lil Uzi Vert, Shadow_step

Deadline
: (expired on 2016-10-30 12:31:00)
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She/It

Post Post #2026 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:17 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1977, PenguinPower wrote:Point out where I get aggressive in my scum games where I'm not a replacement. That's unfamiliar to me.
I lol'ed.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2027 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:21 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1985, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Hm, Shadow seemed like he had more to say about Gamma's claim. Want to hear more from him.

Why am I being scum read again? Anyone actually buy the cases boring and Prism are presenting?
Yup and yup.
<Embrace The Void>

My pronouns are she and it, please respect that. I don't mind the occasional slip.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2028 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:24 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 1998, nn30 wrote:
In post 1952, Gamma Emerald wrote:I definitely see what Prism is talking about now.
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
What specifically are you referring to?
The inconsistency on his Prism read.
<Embrace The Void>

boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2029 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:30 am

Post by boring »

In post 2008, nn30 wrote:Town would be attempting to work with me and get me on their side. Because. Ya know. We need to work together to find scum.
In post 2019, implosion wrote: Scum would be attempting to work with you and get on your side. Because. Ya know. They need to not die to win the game.
You guys are doing that thing again where you're projecting based on personality. Some people manipulate through cooperation, others, through hissy fits (AtE). Unless you guys know how Penguin plays, you have no way of knowing whether these weird tantrums are AI/NAI. Better to look at motivation.

Which brings us to why meta is important.
In post 2010, Zoronos wrote:I think we're in meta land again kinda.
It helps you sort between personality and pathology. It's easy to say that meta is crap when you don't know any of the players (or you want them to not meta-read you), but it has its value.

:nerd:
Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2030 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:35 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 2028, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 1998, nn30 wrote:
In post 1952, Gamma Emerald wrote:I definitely see what Prism is talking about now.
VOTE: Lil Uzi Vert
What specifically are you referring to?
The inconsistency on his Prism read.
What's inconsistent about my read on him?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2031 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 2:44 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

It was something to do with post 522. Ask him because I can't remember the other post he referred to. The main point is your read on Prism looked fabricated.
<Embrace The Void>

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2032 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:29 am

Post by Shadow_step »

In post 2023, podoboq wrote:
In post 2022, Shadow_step wrote:
@mod, what result will a cop get on a traitor?
Quoting from the Traitor page on the Wiki: "(In Normal games, a Traitor) gives a 'guilty' result to Cops, an 'innocent' result to Gunsmiths, and a 'Traitor' result to Role Cops."
So possibly a mafia commuter.
No result = mafia
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2033 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:33 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Or, ya know,
an ascetic
. Not saying I suspect you, but we've talked about this Shadow.
<Embrace The Void>

Shadow_step
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Shadow_step
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2034 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:42 am

Post by Shadow_step »

Regardless you need to be watched tonight.
I would suggest you check between[nn, Prism]

I'm still confident in my DF and Grendel town reads.
Show
The shadows betray you, because they serve me.

"Chrim and Shadow_step town MVPs. There was a point at the game I was legitimately in fear." ~Zach

"I'm mightily impressed by Shadow's ability to find town PR's, by the way. He was the one directing the first two nightkills." ~Michel
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2035 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:53 am

Post by Zoronos »

Wait, did you get a No Result or an Innocent?
I am failing to understand why we're down the rabbit hole of commuters and ascetics here.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2036 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:54 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I got Town.
<Embrace The Void>

Lil Uzi Vert
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Lil Uzi Vert
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2037 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:32 am

Post by Lil Uzi Vert »

In post 2031, Gamma Emerald wrote:It was something to do with post 522. Ask him because I can't remember the other post he referred to. The main point is your read on Prism looked fabricated.
In post 1690, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Nitpicking about inconsistencies =/= trying to find inconsistencies.

Also another thing I noticed, you seemed concerned about how you look. A few posts in your ISO if I recall you were frustrated at people for their reasoning for town reading you. It's as if you worried someone will go back and wonder why you're so widely town read by the majority.
In post 1693, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:
In post 1691, Prism wrote:
In post 1690, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Nitpicking about inconsistencies =/= trying to find inconsistencies.
If you haven't voted LUV and need a reason, read my #1689 and this response.
In post 1690, Lil Uzi Vert wrote:Also another thing I noticed, you seemed concerned about how you look. A few posts in your ISO if I recall you were frustrated at people for their reasoning for town reading you. It's as if you worried someone will go back and wonder why you're so widely town read by the majority.
Is this a scumtell?
I'm quoting both of our statements and showing that they're not the same thing. One is saying she was nitpicking about inconsistencies, the other is saying she is trying to find inconsistencies.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2038 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:37 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2036, Gamma Emerald wrote:I got Town.
Then I guess I'm really unclear why we're on this tangent?
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2039 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:27 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2019, implosion wrote:PP being acerbic isn't scummy. It's arguably (which I'd agree with) bad play, but it's not like it has a scum motivation that makes particularly much sense.

I still really think PP is town. LUV hasn't ever done anything particularly towny to me; I still just have a hard time reading him but I'm fine with him as a lynch (and happier with him than PP). The only thing that really gives me pause is that boring is voting him but associatives are bad etc.
So, Implosion -
I vaguely agree on the first point; specifically I agree with the notation of it being bad play for the same reason that anti-charismatic player is bad regardless of alignment. I think anti-charisma when not pressured is more anti-scummy than being acerbic when pressured (since there's more motivation to hide reasoning / to make engagement unpalatable). It was part of what lead me to initially town-read Gamma (specifically, Gamma was acerbic but without attaching a scum read to it. He just acted anti-charismatic for no gain).

But, can you talk to me about why you think PP is town? What are you seeing that I'm missing? Help me understand this one, because I can't get my head around a town PP here.

re: LUV
as I said earlier today, my boring suspicion remains moderate to high, so I'm vaguely uncomfortable with any train of which she is the voice.
Which I guess is a long way of saying, help me work through my boring read.
My boring read is stronger than my 'dumpster a person who is noncontributory / nonsensical' stance at the moment, so I'm not super comfortable swinging that direction. I get where you're coming from, but my hackles are too far up at Boring at the moment.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2040 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:30 am

Post by boring »

In post 2038, Zoronos wrote:
In post 2036, Gamma Emerald wrote:I got Town.
Then I guess I'm really unclear why we're on this tangent?
Same.

Gamma's was a bold, straightforward claim that's not been CC'd. He softed a PR claim ahead of time, and his claim that implosion is town lines up with his play today. Granted, until Grendel's meta argument, I was Gamma was already leaning town for me, but even if I was scum leaning him (as I was implosion), I don't see why that would continue to hold now.

Maybe Shadow is pursuing these tangents because it would appear that Gamma and implosion were his primary scum reads today.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2041 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:33 am

Post by boring »

In post 2039, Zoronos wrote:re: LUV
as I said earlier today, my boring suspicion remains moderate to high, so I'm vaguely uncomfortable with any train of which she is the voice.
My boring read is stronger than my 'dumpster a person who is noncontributory / nonsensical' stance at the moment, so I'm not super comfortable swinging that direction. I get where you're coming from, but my hackles are too far up at Boring at the moment.
How about this: Help me lynch LUV. Then Day 3, you and I (and implosion too, if that's what we're into) can go into couples counseling together.
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2042 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:51 am

Post by Zoronos »

In post 2041, boring wrote:
How about this: Help me lynch LUV. Then Day 3, you and I (and implosion too, if that's what we're into) can go into couples counseling together.
I don't think I'm ready for that level of commitment yet.
boring
boring
Mafia Scum
boring
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2043 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 8:41 am

Post by boring »

In post 2042, Zoronos wrote:
I don't think I'm ready for that level of commitment yet.
Spoiler:
Zoronos
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Zoronos
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2044 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:06 am

Post by Zoronos »

Man, my gif game is weak. I don't know how to properly respond to that.
I am clearly out of practice on the most important of mafia skills.
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2045 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:33 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2034, Shadow_step wrote:Regardless you need to be watched tonight.
I would suggest you check between[nn, Prism]

I'm still confident in my DF and Grendel town reads.
This feels bonkers to me.

We've had our scuffle so I guess it makes sense that you're scum reading me.

Why Prism though?
nn30
nn30
Mafia Scum
nn30
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2046 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 11:33 am

Post by nn30 »

In post 2029, boring wrote:
In post 2008, nn30 wrote:Town would be attempting to work with me and get me on their side. Because. Ya know. We need to work together to find scum.
In post 2019, implosion wrote: Scum would be attempting to work with you and get on your side. Because. Ya know. They need to not die to win the game.
You guys are doing that thing again where you're projecting based on personality. Some people manipulate through cooperation, others, through hissy fits (AtE). Unless you guys know how Penguin plays, you have no way of knowing whether these weird tantrums are AI/NAI. Better to look at motivation.

It helps you sort between personality and pathology. It's easy to say that meta is crap when you don't know any of the players (or you want them to not meta-read you), but it has its value.

What's the motivation for PP calling me a liar?
Grendel
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Grendel
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2047 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:00 pm

Post by Grendel »

I'm too tired to figure out whether or not there is scum between Zoronos and Penguin.

I'll be happy with a LUV flip at this point.

VOTE: LUV

This is 1-L

@Mod I'm going to be out of action until Wednesday evening. So I guess that's V/LA for like 48+ hours?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
She/It
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2048 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:04 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

Hm. I don't like the look of this.
In post 2046, nn30 wrote:
In post 2029, boring wrote:

What's the motivation for PP calling me a liar?
I don't really see why that is motivated by one alignment over another.
<Embrace The Void>

podoboq
podoboq
Mafia Scum
podoboq
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2049 (ISO) » Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:10 pm

Post by podoboq »

In post 2047, Grendel wrote:@Mod I'm going to be out of action until Wednesday evening. So I guess that's V/LA for like 48+ hours?
Noted. Please make sure to mark yourself V/LA via your User Control Panel as well. In the future, bold this in the thread to make sure I see it.
eagerSnake - "Fwiw mod steals pagetops while driving. Still think they wouldn't put in 2 people with ascetic?"

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”